THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hey, I pointed out that you were smart . . .

volt.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Raijin wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Mikel Jollett‏Verified account @Mikel_Jollett 2h2 hours ago

Something about the crowd in Boston today looks awfully familiar...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHnUao-V0AAph-I.jpg

Yet Trump still won

Against the will of the people

Scoreboard

For a guy that didn't vote for Trump you sure seem to come to his defense a lot
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Just saw this quote. I like it.

Quote:
Citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just saw this quote. I like it.

Quote:
Citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.

This guy reddits.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

My step mother, a Trump voter, concedes today she wishes Hillary was in office. She was adamant anti-hillary and remains a fox news watcher, so it's not a small concession on her part. She isn't part of the Trump base, but I would count her as a swing voter. Yea, Trump will be a one term president.

Also, don't be surprised to see Nevada go from purple to blue next election cycle.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

From March 2014:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

It's almost like the United States has no President - we are a rudderless ship heading for a major disaster. Good luck everyone!
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Mnuchin making sure he gives himself a nice tax break ...... you would think he would be sensitive to neo-nazi threats ...... I guess a tax break is more important

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/143b415b-350e-3710-a3d7-3a559d71cba2/ss_mnuchin%E2%80%99s-former-yale.html#mycomments

Mnuchin tells Yale classmates: Trump does not equate neo-Nazis with peaceful protesters

"Two hundred and ninety-three members of the Yale class of 1985 have signed a letter requesting that their former classmate, Treasury Sec. Steven Mnuchin, immediately resign from his job. The letter claimed that President Trump has aligned himself with white supremacist fringe groups when he blamed "both sides" for the violence that erupted in the Charlottesville protests last week. "We call upon you, as our friend, our classmate, and as a fellow American, to resign in protest of President Trump's support of Nazism and white supremacy. We know you are better than this, and we are counting on you to do the right thing," it read. The letter to Mnuchin was posted at lettertostevemnuchin.com."
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
From March 2014:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

It's almost like the United States has no President - we are a rudderless ship heading for a major disaster. Good luck everyone!

I'm starting to think Trump is like Nostradamus, in his ability to foretell his own presidency in his historical tweets.

Everything Trump projected on Obama is happening with Trump.

There's a Twilight Zone episode in there somewhere.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

First, I want to say I find this information mostly irrelevant in a vacuum because I find it unfair to judge anyone based on the actions of another, even if it is a close relative. That being said, I have seen many posts on LG about a report of Trumps father attending or being in the vicinity of a KKK event many years ago with insinuations that this must mean something....but you know what they say about those that live in glass houses...

Pelosi’s Dad Once Praised ‘The Lives’ Of Robert E. Lee And Stonewall Jackson At Statue Dedication

Quote:
At the dedication, D’Alesandro said of the monument, “Today, with our nation beset by subversive groups and propaganda which seeks to destroy our national unity, we can look for inspiration to the lives of Lee and Jackson to remind us to be resolute and determined in preserving our sacred institutions.”

Link
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

^Everything is context. Trump's father's past is circumstantial evidence against Trump, only made relevant by Trump's racist/prejudice actions throughout his life, as a candidate and, finally, as a President. Conversely, that fact about Pelosi's father (assuming it is true as I'm not one to believe what comes from the daily caller) is made irrelevant by the fact that (a) there is no evidence of Pelosi being in any way a confederate supporter or a racist of any kind, (b) she has worked her life pursuing agendas that fight racism and (c) that in the present she wants both monuments taken down.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Everything is context. Trump's father's past is circumstantial evidence against Trump, only made relevant by Trump's racist/prejudice actions throughout his life, as a candidate and, finally, as a President. Conversely, that fact about Pelosi's father (assuming it is true as I'm not one to believe what comes from the daily caller) is made irrelevant by the fact that (a) there is no evidence of Pelosi being in any way a confederate supporter or a racist of any kind, (b) she has worked her life pursuing agendas that fight racism and (c) that in the present she wants both monuments taken down.

I am not surprised that you are not a fan of the DC, but I think you would agree that they report from a conservative perspective; they do no create false quotes. I really do not want to get into an in depth debate on Pelosi, but lets just say that I agree with you that I do not think of her as a racist, but that is likely all we would agree on in regards to the Madam Speaker. My primary point is I do not care what her father said, nor do I care about if Trumps father was at a rally (which in the reports I have seen, it is mostly speculation), but the liberal media and the left weaponized this event in an attempt to shape the view of the man back when the only real "race" related ammo was that he wanted to build a wall.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I am not surprised that you are not a fan of the DC, but I think you would agree that they report from a conservative perspective; they do no create false quotes. I really do not want to get into an in depth debate on Pelosi, but lets just say that I agree with you that I do not think of her as a racist, but that is likely all we would agree on in regards to the Madam Speaker. My primary point is I do not care what her father said, nor do I care about if Trumps father was at a rally (which in the reports I have seen, it is mostly speculation), but the liberal media and the left weaponized this event in an attempt to shape the view of the man back when the only real "race" related ammo was that he wanted to build a wall.

Sure.... if you aren't counting his housing discrimination case, the birther movement and his take on muslims as well. But yea, none of that implied anything about him. And then there is everything else after that which I suppose we should all ignore too.

And nothing is weaponized. It's called reporting. That's what facts are. Saying otherwise implies the listener can't make their own informed opinion. Those who listen to facts aren't brainwashed by some so-called "liberal media," they just happen to believe that facts matter. It seems the "liberal media" tag is used whenever actual facts are reported, especially when such facts are contrary to what one would like to believe about themselves and especially those they support. Similarly, it's just like how the word "weaponized" is used when someone people support is attacked based on a fact that isn't liked by those same people or undermines their purported justifications for supporting that person.

Last edited by LakerSanity on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Sure.... if you aren't counting his housing discrimination case, the birther movement and his take on muslims. But yea, none of that implied anything about him.

And nothing is weaponized. It's called reporting. That's what facts are. Saying otherwise implies the listener can't make their own informed opinion. Those who listen to facts aren't brainwashed by some so-called "liberal media," they just happen to believe that facts matter. It seems the "liberal media" tag is used whenever actual facts are reported, especially when such facts are contrary to what one would like to believe about themselves and especially those they support.

I can admit you got me on my point about it being limited to the wall at that time. In regards to the "liberal media" tag, I recognize it is and will continue to be used for political reasons, but none of that negates the vast majority of national media is liberal and reports with a liberal bias, not so much in what they report, but more often in what they choose not to report. The three networks, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, WaPo, LA Times.....all have a liberal bent that is not encapsulated within their editorial departments, but is deeply embedded in their news rooms.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Sure.... if you aren't counting his housing discrimination case, the birther movement and his take on muslims. But yea, none of that implied anything about him.

And nothing is weaponized. It's called reporting. That's what facts are. Saying otherwise implies the listener can't make their own informed opinion. Those who listen to facts aren't brainwashed by some so-called "liberal media," they just happen to believe that facts matter. It seems the "liberal media" tag is used whenever actual facts are reported, especially when such facts are contrary to what one would like to believe about themselves and especially those they support.

I can admit you got me on my point about it being limited to the wall at that time. In regards to the "liberal media" tag, I recognize it is and will continue to be used for political reasons, but none of that negates the vast majority of national media is liberal and reports with a liberal bias, not so much in what they report, but more often in what they choose not to report. The three networks, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, WaPo, LA Times.....all have a liberal bent that is not encapsulated within their editorial departments, but is deeply embedded in their news rooms.

Disagree. Its just that the right has gone so far into fantasy land that suddenly anyone who reports actual facts is "liberal." Those same people, before the right went off the deep end into believing everything their propaganda wings tell them, used to just be called reporters.

It makes little sense that a decade or two ago, these same reporters were credible and respected... and now they are suddenly the so-called "liberal media"? No, what changed was not the credibility of these reporters but, rather, the conservative base's willingness to listen to them and recognize actual reporting/facts for the what it is. Its not a coincidence either that this same paradigm originated at the same time Fox news began its mission of becoming the primary source of information for the right. Where do you think you and other conservatives got the phrase "the liberal media" from in the first place? I'll give you a hint - its the same people that don't want you to listen to anyone but them.

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject:

The Daily Caller is less reputable and accurate than Faux Nus.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Disagree. Its just that the right has gone so far into fantasy land that suddenly anyone who reports actual facts is "liberal." Those same people, before the right went off the deep end into believing everything their propaganda wings tell them, used to just be called reporters.

It makes little sense that a decade or two ago, these same reporters were credible and respected... and now they are suddenly the so-called "liberal media"? No, what changed was not the credibility of these reporters but, rather, the conservative base's willingness to listen to them and recognize actual reporting/facts for the what it is. Its not a coincidence either that this same paradigm originated at the same time Fox news began its mission of becoming the primary source of information for the right. Where do you think you and other conservatives got the phrase "the liberal media" from in the first place? I'll give you a hint - its the same people that don't want you to listen to anyone but them.

lets not act like CNN doesnt push a certain agenda. Every network does it. Just a list of stories CNN has published where they cut quotes or dont tell entire story to push theor narrative. FOX does the same thing so lets stop acting like watching news is anything more than jerking your own viewpoint.

https://www.taskade.com/v/ByzMWWQkql

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5y7lko/i_wanted_to_compile_every_cnn_fake_news_story/
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

^My point stands. Yes, they all want ratings and sensationalize stories, but one definitely cares more about facts than the other.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

What a surprise. Someone is chanting fake news. At what point will they stop with the librul news and just admit that the majority of the news repoters are saying these things because its the truth and it needs to be said?

Most of the country does not like trump. There are facts to support why and many of them are so egregious that they wouldn't associate with him as an acquaintance.

Pro tip. If you need to cherry pick reasons to like someone much less support them then they're not someone you should like or support.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

The funny thing about using CNN as an example is that they have lost a lot of their credibility by the practice of pretending that every issue and event has two equally accurate sides. But even they have run out of ways to make it seem credible that theres a pro trump position that is rational and engaged in factual dialogue.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The funny thing about using CNN as an example is that they have lost a lot of their credibility by the practice of pretending that every issue and event has two equally accurate sides. But even they have run out of ways to make it seem credible that theres a pro trump position that is rational and engaged in factual dialogue.

Evertime I watch CNN they're destroying the President at every turn. They covered Obama with much more respect. It gets old watching CNN always talking about trump and they're always bashing him.

But honestly Trump asks for it, the guy just isn't smooth like Obama.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

NSFW. Takes a few seconds to load.

Don't know if this has been posted. Elle Reeve is a brave woman.

Christopher Cantwell is what the alt-right/White supremacist movement, however you want to label them is all about.

If You Are Not Angry You Are Not Paying Attention.

22:04 minuets in duration.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Evertime I watch CNN they're destroying the President at every turn. They covered Obama with much more respect. It gets old watching CNN always talking about trump and they're always bashing him.

But honestly Trump asks for it, the guy just isn't smooth like Obama.

Well, smooth is one part of it, dignified, professional, and sane as well. But CNN hosted a lot of panels where opponents took shots at Obama, and they covered it all. They actually were quite generous to Trump during the campaign, despite him being so deliberately and transparently awful. He basically had infomercial time on CNN whenever he wanted. It's just gotten so bad even they can't find a balance.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I'd say the news media especially the 24 hour news channels has changed radically since when it was first introduced. They stopped strictly reporting the news and went to full on commentary mode since the 90's. Many reasons for this include the fact that instead of a single go to channel, which cable viewers went for news, CNN, at the time, now there are multiple outlets MSNBC and FOX News which came onboard in the 1996. And then later Current TV which later became Al Jazeera, RTN, etc....more competition meant that the networks couldn't simply just report the news they had to differentiate themselves from the competition which meant inserting themselves into the conversation and siding with a particular view. This meant more ratings which translates into more money for the networks.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

lets not act like CNN doesnt push a certain agenda. Every network does it. Just a list of stories CNN has published where they cut quotes or dont tell entire story to push theor narrative. FOX does the same thing so lets stop acting like watching news is anything more than jerking your own viewpoint.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5y7lko/i_wanted_to_compile_every_cnn_fake_news_story/

Enough. You went to bat for pizzagate. You're fake news.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Enough. You went to bat for pizzagate. You're fake news.

strawman all you want. doesnt change the fact cnn along with other networks have been caught multiple times altering stories to fit their narrative.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 537, 538, 539 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 538 of 3670
Jump to: