THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 543, 544, 545 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Imagine if he could read a defense.

Do you think he deserves a chance to make a roster?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules....I honestly was not too familiar with Kamala Harris beyond being a name in the Senate....but after looking a little deeper into her....I agree, she might be a candidate to be one of those fresh faces/voices that could be effective. Moderately young (for a US Senator), professionally attractive, seems to smile a lot (it matters), has a solid resume in public service.

Senators don't have a great track record in winning the presidency though (only 5 in history, and Kennedy/Obama are the only modern ones). Usually it's a governor.

My mention of Kamala Harris wasn't to run her for president. There was discussion about the old guard being out of touch and new faces were needed to give new direction. I thought Kamala was one of the faces that should be considered. She gave Sessions fits when he testified before the Senate. LINK She made him nervous.

By The By;
I voted for her.

Ahh, my bad. I didn't follow the thread correctly.

You're right -- She's definitely an up-and-comer in the party.

Considering how she got her political start, that is pretty funny.

Willie Brown reference?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules....I honestly was not too familiar with Kamala Harris beyond being a name in the Senate....but after looking a little deeper into her....I agree, she might be a candidate to be one of those fresh faces/voices that could be effective. Moderately young (for a US Senator), professionally attractive, seems to smile a lot (it matters), has a solid resume in public service.

Senators don't have a great track record in winning the presidency though (only 5 in history, and Kennedy/Obama are the only modern ones). Usually it's a governor.

My mention of Kamala Harris wasn't to run her for president. There was discussion about the old guard being out of touch and new faces were needed to give new direction. I thought Kamala was one of the faces that should be considered. She gave Sessions fits when he testified before the Senate. LINK She made him nervous.

By The By;
I voted for her.

Ahh, my bad. I didn't follow the thread correctly.

You're right -- She's definitely an up-and-comer in the party.

Considering how she got her political start, that is pretty funny.

Willie Brown reference?

Willie didn't give her, her start, they just got jiggy. One thing I'll say about Brown, he knows how to dress.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Missouri’s Largest Newspapers Call For State Senator To Resign

Quote:
The two largest newspapers in Missouri called for state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal to resign over her comments hoping that someone assassinates President Donald Trump.

Link

If I was an adviser to Trump, speaking from a pure political perspective, I would invite her to the White House, be gracious, and publicly accept her apology. It would portray as him being the bigger person, and the optics of reaching out and saving this female minority state senator from the opposing party may even help his image among the moderate, female and minority voting demographics.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/idaho-republican-insists-apos-apos-150318534.html

Representative Bryan Zollinger shared an article last week that suggested the “Unite the Right” march was orchestrated by Obama along with other leading Democrats, such as Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, Charlottesville Mayor Michael Signer and billionaire donor George Soros.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
The two largest newspapers in Missouri called for state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal to resign over her comments hoping that someone assassinates President Donald Trump.

Link

If I was an adviser to Trump, speaking from a pure political perspective, I would invite her to the White House, be gracious, and publicly accept her apology. It would portray as him being the bigger person, and the optics of reaching out and saving this female minority state senator from the opposing party may even help his image among the moderate, female and minority voting demographics.

you can't counsel having a soul, character, knowledge, tact, thick skin, leadership, uniting people, etc. When you can't even hit a soft ball like denouncing Nazi's...............no amount of Varys and LIttlefingers' will save the realm.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

Per Fox News Neil Cavuto: No Pardon for Arpaio "Today". Will not be discussed while in AZ today.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Quote:

Link

This is a tough one for Trump. There is no place in politics to say we need to assasinate your opposition so calls for Chappelle-Nadal resignation has merit but it's exactly something that Trump himself has done
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Representative Bryan Zollinger shared an article last week that suggested the “Unite the Right” march was orchestrated by Obama along with other leading Democrats, such as Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, Charlottesville Mayor Michael Signer and billionaire donor George Soros.

"how much did soros pay you?" is a popular online right-wing refrain, along with "but her e-mails" and "liberal media"
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
governator wrote:

"how much did soros pay you?" is a popular online right-wing refrain, along with "but her e-mails" and "liberal media"

Sigh, Soros is quite busy. Then again, conspiracy conservatives do believe Clinton and Soros and other liberals, only liberals, are part of the Illuminati and having sex with children in the basement of a DC pizza joint.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

"how much did soros pay you?" is popular online right-wing refrain, along with "but her e-mails" and "liberal media"

maybe, but it probably hits home pretty often....guy funds a ton of left wing organizations with several 527's, Media Matters and BLM being just a few that are connected to him. It is his money, he can do what he wants with it.....but a lot of the organizations in the streets are connected to his funding efforts.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

"how much did soros pay you?" is popular online right-wing refrain, along with "but her e-mails" and "liberal media"

maybe, but it probably hits home pretty often....guy funds a ton of left wing organizations with several 527's, Media Matters and BLM being just a few that are connected to him. It is his money, he can do what he wants with it.....but a lot of the organizations in the streets are connected to his funding efforts.

If Soros' name is attached, then it is OK to dismiss and call it a left wing conspiracy?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

If Soros' name is attached, then it is OK to dismiss and call it a left wing conspiracy?

sure, I mean you can call it peanut butter for all I care, but my point is blindly throwing out the question "how much did soros pay you?" to anyone involved in left wing activism likely hits the target more than some would think. I am not even making that statement with resentment or negative insinuation......dude spends a lot of money on liberal and far left activism.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Soros funding a ton of left-wing groups isn't any more a conspiracy than Charles and David Koch funding a ton of libertarian-leaning political groups and efforts.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

If I was a billionaire I would support different groups.

Well, actually I currently support different groups. Saying he helps funds Media Matters and BLM is different than saying he constantly pays actors for false flag operations.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

1) I never got my check from Soros for attending the Women's March. And neither did half a million of my close personal friends.

2) Why are we ruining the Political thread talking about football?

j/k #butnotreally
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
1) I never got my check from Soros for attending the Women's March. And neither did half a million of my close personal friends.

j/k #butnotreally

My bad CL. Colin is political though.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The New York Times‏Verified account @nytimes

BREAKING NEWS: Mitch McConnell, the Senate leader, privately doubts whether Trump can salvage his administration

NYT: Trump and McConnell Locked in a Cold War, Threatening the G.O.P. Agenda

Quote:
The relationship between President Trump and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, has disintegrated to the point that they have not spoken to each other in weeks, and Mr. McConnell has privately expressed uncertainty that Mr. Trump will be able to salvage his administration after a series of summer crises.

What was once an uneasy governing alliance has curdled into a feud of mutual resentment and sometimes outright hostility, complicated by the position of Mr. McConnell’s wife, Elaine L. Chao, in Mr. Trump’s cabinet, according to more than a dozen people briefed on their imperiled partnership. Angry phone calls and private badmouthing have devolved into open conflict, with the president threatening to oppose Republican senators who cross him, and Mr. McConnell mobilizing to their defense.

Quote:
In a series of tweets this month, Mr. Trump criticized Mr. McConnell publicly, then berated him in a phone call that quickly devolved into a profane shouting match.

During the call, which Mr. Trump initiated on Aug. 9 from his New Jersey golf club, the president accused Mr. McConnell of bungling the health care issue. He was even more animated about what he intimated was the Senate leader’s refusal to protect him from investigations of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to Republicans briefed on the conversation.

Put down another mark in the attempted Obstruction of Justice column.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

j/k #butnotreally

In other news, Trump gets a Super Bowl ring.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Somebody start a over or under thread for Trump finishing this term in office. I really, really, really hope he'll be impeached.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Somebody start a over or under thread for Trump finishing this term in office. I really, really, really hope he'll be impeached.

no way, party first country second
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

no way, self first country second

FIFY

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
So if Kaepernick is being blackballed for his stance rather than not being signed for his abilities, why are there a couple of dozen NFL players who have taken that stand who aren't being cut from their teams?

As I mentioned earlier in the Kaepernick thread, I have strong reservations about Kaepernick's sincerity. He was kneeling (actually just sitting on the bench with a sour face) long before being asked about it and it coincided with his earlier benching for poor play, poor film room work ethic, headcase attitude, etc. There were no such demonstrations such as this before he got benched with regard to Ferguson, etc. Combine that with his diva and attention-seeking attitude, it's my opinion he turned simple demotion pouting into a faux social warrior stance, when suddenly confronted, that took on a form no one else anticipated. Prior to the anthem fiasco, there was talk he'd be cut or traded due to his overinflated contract. Nicely for him, the anthem talk distracted everyone from that. The choices teams have with regard to him is whether the headache he brings in the locker-room and on the field is worth his ability to improvise on the field (mainly because he does so poorly preparing for games). He's been generating his stats primarily off an offense tailored to him by a football genius in Harbaugh when teams hadn't figured him out and garbage-time stat collecting during the Chip Kelly era.

with all this said. he's still better than at least 15 backups in the nfl right now. thats at worse. so there is no excuse for him to be out of the nfl.

now back to your point. no reason to argue about it. lets say we agree with your theory. well, here's the thing. if he was acting just to throw himself some cover fire. He must be a great actor. but as you can see here. kap has been about dat life prior to this.

http://sfo.247sports.com/Bolt/With-season-over-Colin-Kaepernick-gets-busy-with-charity-work-50331282

Some people learn knew information on a subject and it moves them immediately into action. I think thats actually what happened with Kaep. in addition to the fact that those police shootings kept occurring and here comes Trump all at the same time. you put all that in a pot at the same time and stir it up. Yes you can see how someone that is already dead serious about helping the unfortunate, could easily turn his push towards these other issues.

and then
http://blackyouthproject.com/colin-kaepernick-is-already-donating-money-to-charity/

and then

http://people.com/sports/colin-kaepernick-donates-suits-to-ex-convicts/

still going

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/kaepernick-50g-donation-time-meals-wheels-article-1.3004757

like i said. if the guy is acting. he needs to win an oscar.

I don't disagree. He deserves an Oscar for his performance. That you include only links about events that occur AFTER he got called out for kneeling continues to prove my point. You've even included events that occurred in 2017! So no, he was not "about dat lyf" prior to this. He was absent in this arena before he got asked in a post-game preseason interview and then suddenly started getting involved afterwards (likely on the advice of his agent).
I only posted those links because thats what came up when you type his name up. you dont even have to say charity. i didnt go and try to find anything before.

But again, people decide to do things in life at different times. maybe he just woke up after someone pointed this stuff out to him and it all made sense. or maybe he was always about that charity and helping people life. but now he was able to be more focused with his charity, since now he has more intel on the goings on in the issues he's been raising.

and again, with the stuff I posted. lets say he just woke up. he would have to be an oscar winning actor to keep at it and giving his money away to make himself look good. tax write off and all. Its still a lot of $$$. especially for a guy thats out of work. Either way, its a legit cause. And by the constitution he has a right to do that. In addition, people have died to keep that right alive.

But thats neither here nor there with the NFL. It's a good old boys club. a Bunch of white guys, that are getting the bulk of their money from white customers. even if said owner was down for the cause he/she or the group may still shy away just for the bottom line alone. How many times have we seen these companies over the past few years only speak up after they've been called out and embarrassed on social media. Then all of a sudden they get a conscious. lol. These corporations usually dont care either way. They just care about the bottom line and if the bottom line is selling tickets and not ticking off the majority base customer. it is what it is. now of course that's real cowardice move, but hey this aint new. And the NFL is not the only corporation doing it.

The same people mad at Kaep for protesting are the same people that dont want those Confederate statues to come down. Those same types of people are the exact same folks that will try bring up Ali and what not to make some kind of bad point. not realizing their ancestors hated Ali's guts during the moment when all of it was occurring. We only remember what we want to remember when it comes to the Black athletes that stood up for change. They think they did everything peacefully and quietly. Not at all the case for a lot of these people. But thats the way they want to portray them in order to keep the next generation from rising up if they are being mistreated in a similar fashion. 20 years from now Kaep will have his picture right below Ali's. you watch. They will be talking about how great of a man he was. blah blah blah. Not knowing how the man was blackballed for it and hated on for it during the moment.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

j/k #butnotreally

My bad CL. Colin is political though.

Question. Why is Social Change/Civil Rights considered Political? Yes I do understand to have rules changed you need to have policy change and thats politics. But, I just dont like how some people like to make common since Civil rights into a political thing like its republican opinions vs democrat opinions. Like its actually opinions at all. When in reality its simple facts. Stop mistreating people that dont deserve to be mistreated. real simple.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
rwongega wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
So if Kaepernick is being blackballed for his stance rather than not being signed for his abilities, why are there a couple of dozen NFL players who have taken that stand who aren't being cut from their teams?

As I mentioned earlier in the Kaepernick thread, I have strong reservations about Kaepernick's sincerity. He was kneeling (actually just sitting on the bench with a sour face) long before being asked about it and it coincided with his earlier benching for poor play, poor film room work ethic, headcase attitude, etc. There were no such demonstrations such as this before he got benched with regard to Ferguson, etc. Combine that with his diva and attention-seeking attitude, it's my opinion he turned simple demotion pouting into a faux social warrior stance, when suddenly confronted, that took on a form no one else anticipated. Prior to the anthem fiasco, there was talk he'd be cut or traded due to his overinflated contract. Nicely for him, the anthem talk distracted everyone from that. The choices teams have with regard to him is whether the headache he brings in the locker-room and on the field is worth his ability to improvise on the field (mainly because he does so poorly preparing for games). He's been generating his stats primarily off an offense tailored to him by a football genius in Harbaugh when teams hadn't figured him out and garbage-time stat collecting during the Chip Kelly era.

with all this said. he's still better than at least 15 backups in the nfl right now. thats at worse. so there is no excuse for him to be out of the nfl.

now back to your point. no reason to argue about it. lets say we agree with your theory. well, here's the thing. if he was acting just to throw himself some cover fire. He must be a great actor. but as you can see here. kap has been about dat life prior to this.

http://sfo.247sports.com/Bolt/With-season-over-Colin-Kaepernick-gets-busy-with-charity-work-50331282

Some people learn knew information on a subject and it moves them immediately into action. I think thats actually what happened with Kaep. in addition to the fact that those police shootings kept occurring and here comes Trump all at the same time. you put all that in a pot at the same time and stir it up. Yes you can see how someone that is already dead serious about helping the unfortunate, could easily turn his push towards these other issues.

and then
http://blackyouthproject.com/colin-kaepernick-is-already-donating-money-to-charity/

and then

http://people.com/sports/colin-kaepernick-donates-suits-to-ex-convicts/

still going

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/kaepernick-50g-donation-time-meals-wheels-article-1.3004757

like i said. if the guy is acting. he needs to win an oscar.

I don't disagree. He deserves an Oscar for his performance. That you include only links about events that occur AFTER he got called out for kneeling continues to prove my point. You've even included events that occurred in 2017! So no, he was not "about dat lyf" prior to this. He was absent in this arena before he got asked in a post-game preseason interview and then suddenly started getting involved afterwards (likely on the advice of his agent).
I only posted those links because thats what came up when you type his name up. you dont even have to say charity. i didnt go and try to find anything before.

But again, people decide to do things in life at different times. maybe he just woke up after someone pointed this stuff out to him and it all made sense. or maybe he was always about that charity and helping people life. but now he was able to be more focused with his charity, since now he has more intel on the goings on in the issues he's been raising.

and again, with the stuff I posted. lets say he just woke up. he would have to be an oscar winning actor to keep at it and giving his money away to make himself look good. tax write off and all. Its still a lot of $$$. especially for a guy thats out of work. Either way, its a legit cause. And by the constitution he has a right to do that. In addition, people have died to keep that right alive.

But thats neither here nor there with the NFL. It's a good old boys club. a Bunch of white guys, that are getting the bulk of their money from white customers. even if said owner was down for the cause he/she or the group may still shy away just for the bottom line alone. How many times have we seen these companies over the past few years only speak up after they've been called out and embarrassed on social media. Then all of a sudden they get a conscious. lol. These corporations usually dont care either way. They just care about the bottom line and if the bottom line is selling tickets and not ticking off the majority base customer. it is what it is. now of course that's real cowardice move, but hey this aint new. And the NFL is not the only corporation doing it.

The same people mad at Kaep for protesting are the same people that dont want those Confederate statues to come down. Those same types of people are the exact same folks that will try bring up Ali and what not to make some kind of bad point. not realizing their ancestors hated Ali's guts during the moment when all of it was occurring. We only remember what we want to remember when it comes to the Black athletes that stood up for change. They think they did everything peacefully and quietly. Not at all the case for a lot of these people. But thats the way they want to portray them in order to keep the next generation from rising up if they are being mistreated in a similar fashion. 20 years from now Kaep will have his picture right below Ali's. you watch. They will be talking about how great of a man he was. blah blah blah. Not knowing how the man was blackballed for it and hated on for it during the moment.

tldr, thanks for stopping by pnp.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 543, 544, 545 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 544 of 3671
Jump to: