THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 544, 545, 546 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
1) I never got my check from Soros for attending the Women's March. And neither did half a million of my close personal friends.

2) Why are we ruining the Political thread talking about football?

j/k #butnotreally

My bad CL. Colin is political though.

Question. Why is Social Change/Civil Rights considered Political? Yes I do understand to have rules changed you need to have policy change and thats politics. But, I just dont like how some people like to make common since Civil rights into a political thing like its republican opinions vs democrat opinions. Like its actually opinions at all. When in reality its simple facts. Stop mistreating people that dont deserve to be mistreated. real simple.

It is what it is!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Secret Service agents apparently getting fed up with being treated like servants by Trump.

Quote:
Christina Wilkie‏Verified account @christinawilkie

Source: "Clinton treated USSS agents like friends. Bush treated them w great respect. Obama, like family. Trump treats them like servants."

#NotShocked
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
1) I never got my check from Soros for attending the Women's March. And neither did half a million of my close personal friends.

j/k #butnotreally

Question. Why is Social Change/Civil Rights considered Political? Yes I do understand to have rules changed you need to have policy change and thats politics. But, I just dont like how some people like to make common since Civil rights into a political thing like its republican opinions vs democrat opinions. Like its actually opinions at all. When in reality its simple facts. Stop mistreating people that dont deserve to be mistreated. real simple.

Great question. A lot gets folded in here, and it ends up usually Republicans v Democrats and Trump v. the field, though I like ChefLinda's updating on what she finds and sees on the grass roots and local levels and personally. As people are slowly learning, that lens is not the only one.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Secret Service agents apparently getting fed up with being treated like servants by Trump.

Quote:

Source: "Clinton treated USSS agents like friends. Bush treated them w great respect. Obama, like family. Trump treats them like servants."

#NotShocked

There was a Service agent who wrote a book about Hillary Clinton's treatment IIRC, but it was not approving.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

j/k #butnotreally

Great question. A lot gets folded in here, and it ends up usually Republicans v Democrats and Trump v. the field, though I like ChefLinda's updating on what she finds and sees on the grass roots and local levels and personally. As people are slowly learning, that lens is not the only one.
focus i was actually generalizing the point meaning not here on LG but out there in the real world so to speak.

What the heck is political about police brutality? ummm nothing. There's nothing political about cops getting off after shooting and killing people that were unarmed and could not do them harm enough to kill the officers.

There is nothing political about telling racist to step aside so we can take down these racist statues that racists put up to strike fear in others.

Thats just like saying allowing minorities to go to the same schools as whites back a few decades of go was political. it wasnt. It was a basic HUMAN right. that racist turned into a Political issue. you get my point?

There is nothing political about changing rules to make it harder for american citizens of a certain hue to vote. Thats just flat out wrong and needs to be corrected.

Its like telling your child dont touch that hot stove. where is the politics in that? It isnt. its smart to not touch that stove unless you want to get burned. real simple. right is right and wrong is wrong in some of these situations. real cut and dry. no grey area.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

#NotShocked

There was a Service agent who wrote a book about Hillary Clinton's treatment IIRC, but it was not approving.

That's been brought up twitter. Apparently it was an anti-Clinton book and other Secret Service agents disputed it's authenticity. Anyway, we all know Trump is an ass is more than likely treating them poorly like he treats almost everyone.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
20 years from now Kaep will have his picture right below Ali's. you watch. They will be talking about how great of a man he was. blah blah blah. Not knowing how the man was blackballed for it and hated on for it during the moment.

Really, comparing one of the literal GOATs in boxing to Kaep?
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
focus wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

j/k #butnotreally

focus i was actually generalizing the point meaning not here on LG but out there in the real world so to speak.

What the heck is political about police brutality? ummm nothing. There's nothing political about cops getting off after shooting and killing people that were unarmed and could not do them harm enough to kill the officers.

There is nothing political about telling racist to step aside so we can take down these racist statues that racists put up to strike fear in others.

Thats just like saying allowing minorities to go to the same schools as whites back a few decades of go was political. it wasnt. It was a basic HUMAN right. that racist turned into a Political issue. you get my point?

There is nothing political about changing rules to make it harder for american citizens of a certain hue to vote. Thats just flat out wrong and needs to be corrected.

Its like telling your child dont touch that hot stove. where is the politics in that? It isnt. its smart to not touch that stove unless you want to get burned. real simple. right is right and wrong is wrong in some of these situations. real cut and dry. no grey area.

I see your main point, gotcha.

Are you really pnp? I'm clueless about the switches.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
focus wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

j/k #butnotreally

The reason everything ends up being political is because it comes down to Power. Which usually comes down to Money and the Political Power that it buys. Who has the power and who doesn't? Do the people with the power wield it in a way that's fair to everyone, or fair to some and not others?

Sadly, many of these things you would hope would be decided by common sense, decency and the common good, aren't.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

#NotShocked

That's been brought up twitter. Apparently it was an anti-Clinton book and other Secret Service agents disputed it's authenticity. Anyway, we all know Trump is an ass is more than likely treating them poorly like he treats almost everyone.
Lol, that reads like you read my mind. And yup.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Watching McConnell and Trump fight. It's confusing for me.
I don't know who to root for. They both are a special type of disgusting.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Watching McConnell and Trump fight. It's confusing for me.
I don't know who to root for. They both are a special type of disgusting.

Can't they both lose
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
20 years from now Kaep will have his picture right below Ali's. you watch. They will be talking about how great of a man he was. blah blah blah. Not knowing how the man was blackballed for it and hated on for it during the moment.

Really, comparing one of the literal GOATs in boxing to Kaep?

He didn't say where those pictures would be. Personally I have a picture of Steve Martin below one of me at home. It can happen.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Not to bring up policy or anything but is everyone else enjoying all of the action from infrastructure week? All of the new projects that are ramping up. New roads fixing bridges updating the rail system. It's exciting. That huge bill that passed to update things really brings a message of hope.

The guy is really taking the bull by the horns!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

This is speech is plenty narcissistic
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

It's verbal masturbation. A self-pleasuring never-ending rant.

Do you guys see the well placed black guy behind Trump?
https://twitter.com/jessica_roy/status/900183070518542336
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:

It's verbal (bleep). A self-pleasuring never-ending rant.

Do you guys see the well placed black guy behind Trump?
https://twitter.com/jessica_roy/status/900183070518542336

He's definitely channeling his best Leslie Nielsen as the umpire in Naked Gun tonight.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules....I honestly was not too familiar with Kamala Harris beyond being a name in the Senate....but after looking a little deeper into her....I agree, she might be a candidate to be one of those fresh faces/voices that could be effective. Moderately young (for a US Senator), professionally attractive, seems to smile a lot (it matters), has a solid resume in public service.

Senators don't have a great track record in winning the presidency though (only 5 in history, and Kennedy/Obama are the only modern ones). Usually it's a governor.

My mention of Kamala Harris wasn't to run her for president. There was discussion about the old guard being out of touch and new faces were needed to give new direction. I thought Kamala was one of the faces that should be considered. She gave Sessions fits when he testified before the Senate. LINK She made him nervous.

my bad, it was a discussion between us, not DaMuleRules.

That said, I like Harris very much for the reasons you mention. My only reservation is that she doesn't have the national recognition going in to really be a likely contender for a Presidential run. But then, Obama wasn't a household name when he started his quest for the nomination.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/idaho-republican-insists-apos-apos-150318534.html

Representative Bryan Zollinger shared an article last week that suggested the “Unite the Right” march was orchestrated by Obama along with other leading Democrats, such as Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, Charlottesville Mayor Michael Signer and billionaire donor George Soros.

"how much did soros pay you?" is a popular online right-wing refrain, along with "but her e-mails" and "liberal media"

Sigh, Soros is quite busy. Then again, conspiracy conservatives do believe Clinton and Soros and other liberals, only liberals, are part of the Illuminati and having sex with children in the basement of a DC pizza joint.

Not to mention that they also believe that child sex slaves are being raised on Mars by NASA . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

#NotShocked

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules....I honestly was not too familiar with Kamala Harris beyond being a name in the Senate....but after looking a little deeper into her....I agree, she might be a candidate to be one of those fresh faces/voices that could be effective. Moderately young (for a US Senator), professionally attractive, seems to smile a lot (it matters), has a solid resume in public service.

Senators don't have a great track record in winning the presidency though (only 5 in history, and Kennedy/Obama are the only modern ones). Usually it's a governor.

My mention of Kamala Harris wasn't to run her for president. There was discussion about the old guard being out of touch and new faces were needed to give new direction. I thought Kamala was one of the faces that should be considered. She gave Sessions fits when he testified before the Senate. LINK She made him nervous.

my bad, it was a discussion between us, not DaMuleRules.

That said, I like Harris very much for the reasons you mention. My only reservation is that she doesn't have the national recognition going in to really be a likely contender for a Presidential run. But then, Obama wasn't a household name when he started his quest for the nomination.

I knew Obama was going to do great things after his keynote speech at the 2004 convention. That was one of the best I'd ever heard.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

#NotShocked

And a guy wrote a book about how he was the guy who shot Osama, but it turned out it was actually someone else . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
The New York Times‏Verified account @nytimes

<b>BREAKING NEWS</b>: Mitch McConnell, the Senate leader, privately doubts whether Trump can salvage his administration

NYT: Trump and McConnell Locked in a Cold War, Threatening the G.O.P. Agenda

Quote:
The relationship between President Trump and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, has disintegrated to the point that they have not spoken to each other in weeks, and Mr. McConnell has privately expressed uncertainty that Mr. Trump will be able to salvage his administration after a series of summer crises.

What was once an uneasy governing alliance has curdled into a feud of mutual resentment and sometimes outright hostility, complicated by the position of Mr. McConnell’s wife, Elaine L. Chao, in Mr. Trump’s cabinet, according to more than a dozen people briefed on their imperiled partnership. Angry phone calls and private badmouthing have devolved into open conflict, with the president threatening to oppose Republican senators who cross him, and Mr. McConnell mobilizing to their defense.

Quote:
In a series of tweets this month, Mr. Trump criticized Mr. McConnell publicly, then berated him in a phone call that quickly devolved into a profane shouting match.

During the call, which Mr. Trump initiated on Aug. 9 from his New Jersey golf club, the president accused Mr. McConnell of bungling the health care issue. He was even more animated about what he intimated was the Senate leader’s refusal to protect him from investigations of Russian interference in the 2016 election, according to Republicans briefed on the conversation.

Put down another mark in the attempted Obstruction of Justice column.

One of Trump's lawyers really needs to sit him down and explain obstruction of justice to him. Maybe with pictures or something.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

#NotShocked

There are many stories of how Hillary and even Chelsea treated treated Secret Service Agents like garbage. It goes well beyond a single book.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

political correctness going off the rails....

Report: After Charlottesville, ESPN Pulls Announcer Robert Lee From Virginia Game

Quote:
In the wake of the white supremacist rallies in Charlottesville, Va., ESPN has pulled announcer Robert Lee from broadcasting University of Virginia football games because he shares a name with the famous Confederate general Robert E. Lee, according to Outkick the Coverage's Clay Travis.

Link
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 544, 545, 546 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 545 of 3670
Jump to: