THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 644, 645, 646 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Trump has been skewered on Twitter for days for not even once mentioning the 4 soldiers killed in Niger almost 2 weeks ago. So today he says (lies) that, "past Presidents, including Obama, didn't call the families of fallen soldiers" but that "he will" when the time is appropriate.

#PathologicalLiar #NoShame #NoDecency
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Trump joked Pence 'wants to hang' all gay people, New Yorker reports

President Trump once joked that Vice President Mike Pence “wants to hang” all gay people, The New Yorker reported Monday.

The publication also reports that Trump has mocked Pence for his views opposing abortion and LGBTQ rights.

Trump jabbed at Pence after a legal scholar told the pair that if the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, many states would probably legalize abortion.

“You see?” Trump reportedly said to Pence. “You’ve wasted all this time and energy on it, and it’s not going to end abortion anyway.”

And when the meeting began to focus on gay rights, Trump reportedly pointed to Pence, joking, “Don’t ask that guy — he wants to hang them all!”

This is the dysfunctional duo we have at the helm.

Yeah, that's just hilarious, joking about hanging gay people. So funny, maybe Trump can start joking about hanging Black people next or shooting Native Americans. He's already on record about killing the families of terrorists and maybe nuking North Koreans. Such leadership! Such respect Trump has for his VP.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump has been skewered on Twitter for days for not even once mentioning the 4 soldiers killed in Niger almost 2 weeks ago. So today he says (lies) that, "past Presidents, including Obama, didn't call the families of fallen soldiers" but that "he will" when the time is appropriate.

#PathologicalLiar #NoShame #NoDecency

He's like a freaking toddler. When reporters called him on his lie he said, oh that's what people told me, I don't know if he did or didn't but I don't think he did. He basically blamed "his generals" implying they gave him the advice on how to deal with this. Claiming he was going to send letters that were definitely written this past weekend around all his golfing. Lies flow out of him non-stop.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Saying he heard it from "generals" is an unfalsifiable claim. That's what liars often do. He knows the press isn't gonna hunt down every general in the country to see where the information comes from. But he said enough for his base to hear it and they already believe it.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Saying he heard it from "generals" is an unfalsifiable claim. That's what liars often do. He knows the press isn't gonna hunt down every general in the country to see where the information comes from. But he said enough for his base to hear it and they already believe it.

Lots of people are saying it, very important and good people, believe me...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Gregg Popovich:
Quote:
This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

https://news2-images.vice.com//uploads/2016/12/TwitterData1-01.png
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

i just want to see if he knows the pronunciation for Niger.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Ever see the South park episode when Stan was on wheel of fortune?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Gregg Popovich:
Quote:
This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner—and to lie about how previous Presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers—is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

I began to think highly of Popovich the Coach many years ago despite the "rivalry" between his Spurs and the Lakers. And recently I have come to have the utmost respect for Popovich the man because of his spot-on outspokenness about or PO(tu)S.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Gregg Popovich:
Quote:

I began to think highly of Popovich the Coach many years ago despite the "rivalry" between his Spurs and the Lakers. And recently I have come to have the utmost respect for Popovich the man because of his spot-on outspokenness about or PO(tu)S.

I've always liked him and understood why his way of doing things would have never worked here. Everyone respects the hell out of him for one simple reason. Hes earned it. Id lov3 to see him get into politics but that's not happening. The zero tolerance for bs just wouldn't work.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Gregg Popovich:
Quote:

I've always liked him and understood why his way of doing things would have never worked here. Everyone respects the hell out of him for one simple reason. Hes earned it. Id lov3 to see him get into politics but that's not happening. The zero tolerance for bs just wouldn't work.

Agreed on all points.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

So, apparently, Trump's executive order actually helps enrollment in states like California (those who have created exchanges within the structure of Obamacare) while, effectively, hurting all of the states that didn't really make use of Obamacare the way it was meant to (which are pretty much all red states who voted for Trump). So not only did Trump unwittingly help blue states, he also gave Democrats even more political capital because they get to pretend that this was a terrible move (when it really wasn't for their own constituents, but only for those whose votes they are trying to still get).

Even when Trump tries to do something despicable, he F's that up too, and his own party still doesn't get it either. Hell, I didn't fully get it until I read this article.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-trump-obamacare-20171016-story.html

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Gregg Popovich:
Quote:

Agreed on all points.

Pop and Kerr are the most outspoken coaches about this joke of an administration. The seccesionist, white-supremacist and gun-toting Texans must hate Pop's guts.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
So, apparently, Trump's executive order actually helps enrollment in states like California (those who have created exchanges within the structure of Obamacare) while, effectively, hurting all of the states that didn't really make use of Obamacare the way it was meant to (which are pretty much all red states who voted for Trump). So not only did Trump unwittingly help blue states, he also gave Democrats even more political capital because they get to pretend that this was a terrible move (when it really wasn't for their own constituents, but only for those whose votes they are trying to still get).

Even when Trump tries to do something despicable, he F's that up too, and his own party still doesn't get it either. Hell, I didn't fully get it until I read this article.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-trump-obamacare-20171016-story.html

And the one state that is an exception to the above is Massachusetts. We started the whole thing and now we are being punished the most along with the Red States. I never made use of the subsidies, but withdrawing them throws our state out of whack even more than other blue states.

I agree with Pops, he's a soulless coward (among other things).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Ever see the South park episode when Stan was on wheel of fortune?

That was classic. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject:

Politico: Trump gives his own performance a Trump-sized endorsement. The president called an impromptu Rose Garden press conference to sell reporters and the public on his job performance.

Quote:
Friends say President Donald Trump has grown frustrated that his greatness is not widely understood, that his critics are fierce and on TV every morning, that his poll numbers are both low and “fake,” and that his White House is caricatured as adrift.

So on Monday, the consummate salesman — who has spent his life selling his business acumen, golf courses, sexual prowess, luxury properties and, above all, his last name — gave the Trump White House a Trump-sized dose of brand enhancement.

With both the Roosevelt Room and the Rose Garden as backdrops, he mixed facts and mirage, praise and perfidy in two head-spinning, sometimes contradictory performances designed to convince supporters and detractors alike that everything’s terrific, moving ahead of schedule and getting even better. His opponents were cast as misguided, deluded or even unpatriotic.

#smh #WannaBeDictator #CompletelyDelusional #WorstPresidentEver
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Brian Schatz‏Verified account @brianschatz (U.S. Senator from Hawaii)

Thursday we vote on adding 1.5 trillion in debt, cutting Medicare by 473 billion, and Medicaid by 1 trillion. They are calling it "reform."

GOP trying to finance tax cuts for the 1% by gutting Medicare & Medicaid which serves the elderly, poor, children, disabled and vets.

Apparently, the big problem in this country is that rich people just don't have enough so let's take from the people barely scraping by and make their lives even worse.

This is today's GOP. Completely immoral, just like Trump. And don't tell me they just believe in "conservative" principles and are following their beliefs. There is nothing "conservative" about add $1.5 trillion in debt just because.

2018 can't come soon enough.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

When my nephew was in Junior High School, he was one of several students who won a city-wide science competition.

Out of the blue, about 6-months later, he received a handwritten note from President Obama telling him how proud he was of him. In the note, Obama went on to validate the importance of science and praise my nephew's interest in it. My nephew was so excited and proud to receive that letter.

I think of that note today and I weep for our country's children.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

Trump invokes death of John Kelly’s son in furor over calls to fallen soldiers

Quote:
“Now, as far as other representatives, I don’t know,” he continued. “I mean, you could ask General Kelly did he get a call from Obama. You could ask other people. I don’t know what Obama’s policy was. I write letters, and I also call.”

Kelly’s son, 2nd Lt. Robert Kelly, died in November 2010 in Afghanistan when he stepped on a land mine. A representative for Obama did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Classless (bleep).
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump invokes death of John Kelly’s son in furor over calls to fallen soldiers

Quote:
“Now, as far as other representatives, I don’t know,” he continued. “I mean, you could ask General Kelly did he get a call from Obama. You could ask other people. I don’t know what Obama’s policy was. I write letters, and I also call.”

Kelly’s son, 2nd Lt. Robert Kelly, died in November 2010 in Afghanistan when he stepped on a land mine. A representative for Obama did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Classless (bleep).

I'm surprised he didn't say, "personally, I like war heroes who don't step on land mines."
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"To fear the world we have organized and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain 'the last best hope of earth' for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history."

Yeah. McCain went there.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Also today, Trump decided to pull out of Iran nuke deal, against the advice of all the generals, his top advisers and Secy of State Tillerson. Didn't he brag that he was going to listen to his generals?

He also gave a lecture on "morality" before the evangelical, anti-gay hate conference know as the "Values Voters Summit." First sitting president to do so.

#StupidAndDangerous #SociopathsAreNotMoralPeople

He puled out of a deal that was never approved by the republicans.

Something like that needs all of congress to approve of. They need to compromise.

And just so you all know Iran is Americas enemy. Just like NK, Russia and China

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/us/politics/iran-nuclear-deal-senate.html

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're parroting superficial talking points with no deep understanding of the complexity of international diplomacy. Just like Trump.

You have no insight and have never bleed on the battlefield. You have never been a diplomat and represented the US. You have no idea of the real enemies of our country. You only know what crap the media spits, you truly are ignorant in the below stated.

no I do know what I'm talking About, Iran is enemy number one. When you fight off an ambush and discover all of the guys were from Iran that ambushed you. And then later you learn that iran financed Hezbollah. That's how I know

below is a reference

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/19/politics/state-country-terror-report/

Last edited by noahp45 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Also today, Trump decided to pull out of Iran nuke deal, against the advice of all the generals, his top advisers and Secy of State Tillerson. Didn't he brag that he was going to listen to his generals?

He also gave a lecture on "morality" before the evangelical, anti-gay hate conference know as the "Values Voters Summit." First sitting president to do so.

Something like that needs all of congress to approve of. They need to compromise.

Wait...China's an enemy? When did that happen?

Yes go look at the Island that they built up in the south china see and swear it is not a military island. Also go look who owns every main port in the world. China is the enemy

They are trying to back door us and act like everything is OK but their goal is simple to become a super power and knock us off.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+island+in+south+china+sea&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL2-KMjvjWAhWT-VQKHTrrBPgQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=971#imgrc=8jklUfJbjOyo3M:&spf=1508258863791
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Raijin wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Wait...China's an enemy? When did that happen?

Everyone's an enemy

Except the KKKomrades

Russia is our enemy but the deference with them is they need us more then china needs us. So in order to off set the power of china you haft to bring the enemy in close. That is why we really don't go after Russia OUT LOUID IN THE MEDIA. But we do piss them off by sending troops to train right on their border.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 644, 645, 646 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 645 of 3671
Jump to: