THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 646, 647, 648 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Key senators reach bipartisan health-care subsidy deal, and Trump expresses support

A pair of leading Republican and Democratic senators reached an agreement Tuesday to fund key federal health-care subsidies that President Trump ended last week — and the president expressed support for the plan.

But it was unclear whether Senate GOP leaders would embrace the proposal, leaving its long-term prospects in doubt.

The compromise from Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.) would provide states with greater flexibility under the Affordable Care Act in exchange for authorizing cost-sharing reduction payments known as CSRs for two years. Those payments help offset deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs for low-income consumers who obtain insurance under the ACA.

“Yes, we have been involved and this is a short-term deal because we think ultimately block grants going to the states is going to be the answer,” said Trump, referring to a Republican push to block grant health-care funding individually to states. His comments came just days after he moved to end the CSR payments and punt the issue to Congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/key-senators-reach-bipartisan-health-care-subsidy-deal-and-trump-expresses-support/2017/10/17/72be5b04-b355-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

We literally can't prevent another country from acquiring nuclear capability. We have two paths -- we can try to slow them down, or speed them up (intentionally or inadvertently). Eventually Iran and North Korea with have full nuclear capability.

No deal is perfect because we are not the almighty controller of the universe. The Iran deal, however imperfect, slowed them down. Killing the deal plus warmongering, speeds the process up. While the details are obviously more complex, this is what it boils down to.

Same with North Korea. What incentive do they have to negotiate anything if they see us pulling out of the deal with Iran? What are the alternatives? Taunt them? More sanctions? War?

The macho chest-beating is not only useless, it makes the situation worse.

How hard is that to understand?

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
Key senators reach bipartisan health-care subsidy deal, and Trump expresses support

A pair of leading Republican and Democratic senators reached an agreement Tuesday to fund key federal health-care subsidies that President Trump ended last week — and the president expressed support for the plan.

But it was unclear whether Senate GOP leaders would embrace the proposal, leaving its long-term prospects in doubt.

The compromise from Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Patty Murray (D-Wash.) would provide states with greater flexibility under the Affordable Care Act in exchange for authorizing cost-sharing reduction payments known as CSRs for two years. Those payments help offset deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs for low-income consumers who obtain insurance under the ACA.

“Yes, we have been involved and this is a short-term deal because we think ultimately block grants going to the states is going to be the answer,” said Trump, referring to a Republican push to block grant health-care funding individually to states. His comments came just days after he moved to end the CSR payments and punt the issue to Congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/key-senators-reach-bipartisan-health-care-subsidy-deal-and-trump-expresses-support/2017/10/17/72be5b04-b355-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

We'll see if Mitch even let's it come to a vote. And what about the House?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
This is what I want our president to do with regards to our fallen heroes. Not making this a contest, not broadcasting what he would do or what he heard his predecessor didn't do:

One mom and dad of a dying soldier from the Caribbean were devastated, the mom beside herself with grief. She yelled at the president, wanting to know why it was her child and not his who lay in that hospital bed. Her husband tried to calm her, and I noticed the president wasn't in a hurry to leave — he tried offering comfort but then just stood and took it, like he expected and needed to hear the anguish, to try to soak up some of her suffering if he could.

Later, as we rode back on Marine One to the White House, no one spoke.

But as the helicopter took off, the president looked at me and said, "That mama sure was mad at me." Then he turned to look out the window of the helicopter. "And I don't blame her a bit."

One tear slipped out the side of his eye and down his face. He didn't wipe it away, and we flew back to the White House.

Trump is physically incapable of doing that.

Is there a photo of this? Knowing Trump as I do, I would think there is. If he really cares why did it take him so long to talk to the parents?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:
You have no insight and have never bleed on the battlefield.

@Noaph45

Please enlighten us on your service record. If you cannot, as a veteran, I advise you keep my armed forces brothers and sisters out of your posts.

OIF OEF , 31st and several other missions. Been all in the PACOM area

I don't need you as a verifier
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:
This is what I want our president to do with regards to our fallen heroes. Not making this a contest, not broadcasting what he would do or what he heard his predecessor didn't do:

One mom and dad of a dying soldier from the Caribbean were devastated, the mom beside herself with grief. She yelled at the president, wanting to know why it was her child and not his who lay in that hospital bed. Her husband tried to calm her, and I noticed the president wasn't in a hurry to leave — he tried offering comfort but then just stood and took it, like he expected and needed to hear the anguish, to try to soak up some of her suffering if he could.

But as the helicopter took off, the president looked at me and said, "That mama sure was mad at me." Then he turned to look out the window of the helicopter. "And I don't blame her a bit."

One tear slipped out the side of his eye and down his face. He didn't wipe it away, and we flew back to the White House.

Is there a photo of this? Knowing Trump as I do, I would think there is. If he really cares why did it take him so long to talk to the parents?

Trump is not the President in this story. GW Bush was the one involved.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:

“I think I’ve called every family of someone who’s died,” Trump told Fox News radio host Brian Kilmeade during an interview from the White House. “As far as other representatives, I don’t know. You could ask General Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?”

Former Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly, a retired general, lost his son, Robert Kelly, a Marine second lieutenant, in 2010, according to the Washington Examiner. He was serving in Afghanistan.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

@Noaph45

Please enlighten us on your service record. If you cannot, as a veteran, I advise you keep my armed forces brothers and sisters out of your posts.

And when was your article 15 discharged? (Hurry back to Google again)
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

@Noaph45

never been hit with a NJP

I don't do dumb swoot
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:

We'll see if Mitch even let's it come to a vote. And what about the House?

If Mitch lets it come up for a vote it'll pass for sure, because every single Democrat senator and at least a few Republican senators will vote for it.

As far as the House goes, my guess would probably be the same if it came up for a vote. However, would Ryan break the Hastert rule for that?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:
My fault it was a simple grammar mistakes. I'm using a cell phone so it's a common mistake I make

So you know Iran already has nukes. All that deal did was give them more money to finance terrorist It also gave them more flexibility to get more nukes

I'm sure you have proof to validate this statement. Please post it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/world/meast/irans-nuclear-capabilities-fast-facts/index.html
Easy use common sense and think like an investigator

I must have missed it. Please show me where the link says Iran already has nukes. I see they may be trying to become nuclear capable, nothing that says they are. Please point me to the definitive. Something more than comon sense.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/27/iran-already-has-nuclear-weapons/

Iran got them from the Soviet Union and is buddy buddy with NK and China. That relationship blossomed with the simple agreement that they hate US. And they want US gone

I promised myself I would never reply to your ridiculous nonsense again, but this is just plain stupid. Is the world really this simple to you? They hate us. That justifies your vitriol and ignorance more?

This account can't be real. And don't use your supposed service as reason that you are absolutely right on all terms. That is just laughable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

@Noaph45

Didn't LS say he's posting from a military base?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:
My fault it was a simple grammar mistakes. I'm using a cell phone so it's a common mistake I make

So you know Iran already has nukes. All that deal did was give them more money to finance terrorist It also gave them more flexibility to get more nukes

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/world/meast/irans-nuclear-capabilities-fast-facts/index.html

I must have missed it. Please show me where the link says Iran already has nukes. I see they may be trying to become nuclear capable, nothing that says they are. Please point me to the definitive. Something more than comon sense.

Iran got them from the Soviet Union and is buddy buddy with NK and China. That relationship blossomed with the simple agreement that they hate US. And they want US gone

I promised myself I would never reply to your ridiculous nonsense again, but this is just plain stupid. Is the world really this simple to you? They hate us. That justifies your vitriol and ignorance more?

This account can't be real. And don't use your supposed service as reason that you are absolutely right on all terms. That is just laughable.

I did NOT use my service as a reason that I'm absolutely right. I used it to prove that I have seen Iran first hand sponsoring terrorism.

The fact that they hate us is the reason that any deal with them that gives them so much upper hand is wrong.

How hard is that for you to understand? seriously, if you have an enemy that absolutely hates your very guts would you give them any upper hand in accomplishing their goal in killing you?

It's rhetorical don't answer that

"That justifies your vitriol and ignorance more?"

I'm no English major but I think you meant "Vitrolic"

and In fact if that is the word you meant to use I did not have a vitriolic tone in anything I said.

And if you took it that way it is your own fault because my words where not meant for you to analyze
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kikanga wrote:
https://news2-images.vice.com//uploads/2016/12/TwitterData1-01.png

That's some cool data.

But it also means that posters on LG can't be apart of trumps hardcore voting base, because according to this data if you're a hardcore follower you only talk to other hardcore followers.

Which means if you support Trump and talk on this forum you're one of his most progressive voters.

Not really, that's only modeling twitter behavior. You can't assume twitter behavior necessarily corresponds to other online activity (such as a forum like LG)

My conclusion is based on inductive reasoning, I cant for sure say my statement is true but based on the current data I have I think its an easy relationship to make between twitter activity and internet activity.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

noahp45 wrote:

Yes go look at the Island that they built up in the south china see and swear it is not a military island. Also go look who owns every main port in the world. China is the enemy

They are trying to back door us and act like everything is OK but their goal is simple to become a super power and knock us off.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+island+in+south+china+sea&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL2-KMjvjWAhWT-VQKHTrrBPgQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=971#imgrc=8jklUfJbjOyo3M:&spf=1508258863791

"Knock us off" meaning? They will become a super power as their focus isn't to spend insane amounts of money for national security and instead, focused that money on improving the country's economic future.

Imagine if we only spend, say $50B instead of $700B on our military a year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

noahp45 wrote:
20,000 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

I did NOT use my service as a reason that I'm absolutely right. I used it to prove that I have seen Iran first hand sponsoring terrorism.

The fact that they hate us is the reason that any deal with them that gives them so much upper hand is wrong.

How hard is that for you to understand? seriously, if you have an enemy that absolutely hates your very guts would you give them any upper hand in accomplishing their goal in killing you?

and In fact if that is the word you meant to use I did not have a vitriolic tone in anything I said.

And if you took it that way it is your own fault because my words where not meant for you to analyze

I don't intend to take any grammar or vocabulary lessons from you, thanks. And your use of the word rhetorical does not mean "I don't want to be challenged so don't answer that." You keep using it wrong.

Funny, when did the US engage with Iranian forces on the battlefield?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

So it's perfectly fine with you, Noah45, that the Commander-In-Chief ignored the death of 4 American soldiers who were ambushed and killed in Niger while in the mean time:

- He went golfing 7 times.
- Tweeted constantly about NFL players "disrespecting" the troops.
- Was golfing when the bodies were returned home.
- Although he tweets about literally everything else, he never tweeted condolences once
- When finally confronted, he blamed: previous presidents, Obama, the Generals then tried to deflect by dragging General Kelly's dead son into the picture.
- And he still hasn't publicly expressed any form of sympathy, sadness or condolences.
- He's a narcissist only interested in himself.

Sorry, that is completely disgusting behavior for the CIC. As a soldier I would think you would ashamed and angry. I know as a citizen I am ashamed for our country to have this man sitting in the oval office.

I don't hate him because I want to hate him. I hate him because he keeps doing things that are contemptible and indecent.

And then what about the lying? What does the military code have to say about someone who habitually lies day in and day out? They okay with that? You're okay with that?

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:

I thought it was about Dumpster. I can see Bush doing that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Yes go look at the Island that they built up in the south china see and swear it is not a military island. Also go look who owns every main port in the world. China is the enemy

They are trying to back door us and act like everything is OK but their goal is simple to become a super power and knock us off.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+island+in+south+china+sea&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL2-KMjvjWAhWT-VQKHTrrBPgQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=971#imgrc=8jklUfJbjOyo3M:&spf=1508258863791

"Knock us off" meaning? They will become a super power as their focus isn't to spend insane amounts of money for national security and instead, focused that money on improving the country's economic future.

Imagine if we only spend, say $50B instead of $700B on our military a year.

We definitely don't need to spend $700B per year, but at $50B per year I think you'd see a massive recession in this country. Not only is nearly all of that money going back into the communities (basically, the military is a giant welfare program), but our projected military might makes our commerce safe and props up the dollar.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
20,000 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

I don't intend to take any grammar or vocabulary lessons from you, thanks. And your use of the word rhetorical does not mean "I don't want to be challenged so don't answer that." You keep using it wrong.

Funny, when did the US engage with Iranian forces on the battlefield?

All of the fighting that has been going on in Iraq since the war ended. A great majority of those fighters where NOT from Iraq. They came from all of the surrounding countries.

Hell Iran paid Afghanistan refugees to go fight in Syria for Assad. Promised them money and a Iran citizenship
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:

I thought it was about Dumpster. I can see Bush doing that.

Yea, that wasn't Trump!
This is Trump:

“I think I’ve called every family of someone who’s died,” Trump told Fox News radio host Brian Kilmeade during an interview from the White House. “As far as other representatives, I don’t know. You could ask General Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?”

Former Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly, a retired general, lost his son, Robert Kelly, a Marine second lieutenant, in 2010, according to the Washington Examiner. He was serving in Afghanistan.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

A brief history of White House pets (dogs, cats, one turtle):

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Today, John McCain was awarded with the Liberty Medal at the Constitution Center in Philly. Joe Biden presented the medal and so far the tweets of congratulations include: Barack Obama, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Mitt Romney, Bob Casey, John Kasich, Sherron Brown and more in this thread.

The response from President Trump: <crickets>
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

One is entitled to their belief. I don't believe the SU leaders would sell nuclear weapon to a nation as volatile as Iran. In this case I want you to use your common sense. Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? Also note the proximity to China. LINK

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

One is entitled to their belief. I don't believe the SU leaders would sell nuclear weapon to a nation as volatile as Iran. In this case I want you to use your common sense. Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? Also note the proximity to China. LINK

But you don't understand, it plays into his thinking and preconception, so your logic is useless here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 646, 647, 648 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 647 of 3673
Jump to: