THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 647, 648, 649 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:
Iran got them from the Soviet Union and is buddy buddy with NK and China. That relationship blossomed with the simple agreement that they hate US. And they want US gone

One is entitled to their belief. I don't believe the SU leaders would sell nuclear weapon to a nation as volatile as Iran. In this case I want you to use your common sense. Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? Also note the proximity to China. LINK

That makes sense

However this happen after the collapse of the Soviet Union and broke people do dumb things. Imagine what a broke country would do
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:
Iran got them from the Soviet Union and is buddy buddy with NK and China. That relationship blossomed with the simple agreement that they hate US. And they want US gone

One is entitled to their belief. I don't believe the SU leaders would sell nuclear weapon to a nation as volatile as Iran. In this case I want you to use your common sense. Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? Also note the proximity to China. LINK

Ding ding. So Iran could be friendly now, but for how long? Are they going to sell them that weapon that could take down Russian or China? Unlikely.

What _could_ and _has_ happened are that there are rogues in each country who do sell the nuclear secrets. The Rosenbergs did it, the "father" of nuclear weapons in Pakistan did it. So there is a black market for this information. The key is getting the materials and testing it. It's one thing to get the blue prints, it's another to get the manufacturing right for it. And the only way is to get the materials and test it (like what NK is doing).
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

ChefLinda wrote:
Today, John McCain was awarded with the Liberty Medal at the Constitution Center in Philly. Joe Biden presented the medal and so far the tweets of congratulations include: Barack Obama, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Mitt Romney, Bob Casey, John Kasich, Sherron Brown and more in this thread.

The response from President Trump: <crickets>

No congratulations from Trump but he did respond:

"President Trump promised retribution against Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for his opposition to several GOP health-care plans and his comments implicitly criticizing Trump’s views and leadership Monday night."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

But you don't understand, it plays into his thinking and preconception, so your logic is useless here.

Benefit of the doubt. Enough rope cliche.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

Ding ding. So Iran could be friendly now, but for how long? Are they going to sell them that weapon that could take down Russian or China? Unlikely.

What _could_ and _has_ happened are that there are rogues in each country who do sell the nuclear secrets. The Rosenbergs did it, the "father" of nuclear weapons in Pakistan did it. So there is a black market for this information. The key is getting the materials and testing it. It's one thing to get the blue prints, it's another to get the manufacturing right for it. And the only way is to get the materials and test it (like what NK is doing).

Very True

Now check out the Russian and Iran alliance.

Iran and Russian helping Assad fight.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Donald-I-Am-A-(bleep)-Liar-Trump doubled down on his slander of Obama even as evidence to the contrary continues to be presented:

Obama Hosted John Kelly At Gold Star Family Event After His Son Died

Quote:
White House visitor records from former President Barack Obama’s term show that he hosted current White House chief of staff John Kelly at a breakfast for Gold Star families after his son died in Afghanistan.

In a Fox News Radio interview, President Donald Trump defended his claim that his predecessors fell short in honoring those killed in action by saying: “You could ask Gen. Kelly, did he get a call from Obama?”

Former aides to Obama say it’s difficult this many years later to determine whether Obama called Kelly and when.

The breakfast for relatives of U.S. troops killed in action occurred in May 2011, six months after Kelly’s son died. An individual familiar with the breakfast for families of says that Kelly and his wife sat at former first lady Michelle Obama’s table. The individual demanded anonymity because the event was private.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-seeks-stronger-russia-alliance-after-u-s-strikes-in-syria-1491686973

http://www.anonews.co/russia-china-iran-alliance/

Heads up Obama's people are the ones that called Iran our enemy. It wasn't just Trumps people

Research the SHANGHAI FIVE
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-seeks-stronger-russia-alliance-after-u-s-strikes-in-syria-1491686973

Heads up Obama's people are the ones that called Iran our enemy. It wasn't just Trumps people

Would you take a bullet for trump?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Yes and I would take a bullet for Obama and anyone of you. Even thou you all hate on me

You see I voted for Obama both times. I felt he was the right man for the Job.

I love my country and it's people. Protecting the my family, the youth and my country is the most Important thing to me
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
tlim wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

Very True

What does that have to do with Iran having nuclear weapons? You say they have them and gave reasons why, speculation but your answer. Your post say they're testing ICBM's that doesn't violate the agreement. Also I'm waiting for a answer to my question Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? I ask a yes or no. Please don't deflect.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
tlim wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

Very True

What does that have to do with Iran having nuclear weapons? You say they have them and gave reasons why, speculation but your answer. Your post say they're testing ICBM's that doesn't violate the agreement. Also I'm waiting for a answer to my question Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? I ask a yes or no. Please don't deflect.

They have an alliance for the past 500 years. Also I didn't deflect I said they where broke and broke people do dumb things

Tehran and Moscow began constructive and effective cooperation for stability in this region. Iran and Russia were extremely concerned about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, civil war in Tajikistan and the power of Taliban in Afghanistan. The two countries have tried to mediate the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and hosted a series of meetings between the parties during the civil war of Tajikistan, which led to a compromise in 1996. Moreover, Iran-Russia cooperation in support of the Afghanistan Northern Alliance against Taliban attacks from 1996 to 2001 can be mentioned
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Yes and I would take a bullet for Obama and anyone of you. Even thou you all hate on me

I love my country and it's people. Protecting the my family, the youth and my country is the most Important thing to me
No, we hate on your blind support for an obvious idiot as our president.

Blindly pledging allegiance to a president of your country no matter what is foolish at best, and at worse...well we could all lose big.

It's the equivalent of pledging allegiance with your brother if you knew he was a Child Rapist, who have raped multiple children. It's one thing to say "he's still my brother and i love him but what he has done is appalling" vs " well he raped those kids, so what..I'm still down with anything he does. he's my brother. and technically, he didnt necessarily rape those kids. or...obama did it too"

That kind of mentality above is for children or some adult with a mental disability. No right minded adult should blindly support our current president, unless of course you're racist, sexist, and dont care about anyone else but yourself and your family.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I dont disagree with your post but I can honestly say I dont care about anyone else but myself and who I consider family

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

No, we hate on your blind support for an obvious idiot as our president.

Blindly pledging allegiance to a president of your country no matter what is foolish at best, and at worse...well we could all lose big.

It's the equivalent of pledging allegiance with your brother if you knew he was a Child Rapist, who have sexually assaulted multiple children. It's one thing to say "he's still my brother and i love him but what he has done is appalling" vs " well he sexually assaulted those kids, so what..I'm still down with anything he does. he's my brother. and technically, he didnt necessarily sexual assault those kids. or...obama did it too"

That kind of mentality above is for children or some adult with a mental disability. No right minded adult should blindly support our current president, unless of course you're racist, sexist, and dont care about anyone else but yourself and your family.

Well let's see I'm A Marine I made a oath, and that is my word. And my word is my word. Say what ever you want about the way I think I can care less your approval Is not my goal.

I believe Trump is an idiot with his heart in the right place. He put all the right people in place in my eyes. He bends with the democrats at times name a GOP president that actually ever did that. He is not a PC guy and has no idea how to talk like a Politician. I like that he is a open book, we all know more about him then any other president.

We know his history we see what he eats for breakfast we see his thoughts even thou they are absolutely stupid. We see them

He his making the republicans and democrats come together and work
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
tlim wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

Very True

They have an alliance for the past 500 years. Also I didn't deflect I said they where broke and broke people do dumb things

Tehran and Moscow began constructive and effective cooperation for stability in this region. Iran and Russia were extremely concerned about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, civil war in Tajikistan and the power of Taliban in Afghanistan. The two countries have tried to mediate the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and hosted a series of meetings between the parties during the civil war of Tajikistan, which led to a compromise in 1996. Moreover, Iran-Russia cooperation in support of the Afghanistan Northern Alliance against Taliban attacks from 1996 to 2001 can be mentioned

That's not a answer to the question.

I read that post over and over. I don't see a answer to my question Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? I ask a yes or no. Please don't deflect.

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
tlim wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

Very True

I read that post over and over. I don't see a answer to my question Do you think Russia would give/sell nuclear weapons to a country as unstable as Iran that is that close to their border? I ask a yes or no. Please don't deflect.

Yes I do

They needed money and they have an alliance.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
tlim wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

Very True

Yes I do

You're entitled to your beliefs. IMO they're ill-conceived.

FocusEconomics

Economic Forecasts from the World's Leading Economists

October 3, 2017 LINK

On top of the world, NO. Broke NO. Willing to place their country in jeopardy for a few dollars more, NO.

Do you have anything other than your saying so to dispute the link?

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
tlim wrote:
jodeke wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Quote:

Very True

Yes I do

You're entitled to your beliefs. IMO they're ill-conceived.
FocusEconomics
Economic Forecasts from the World's Leading Economists

October 3, 2017 LINK On top of the world, NO. Broke NO. Willing to place their country in jeopardy for a few dollars more, NO.

Do you have anything other than your saying so to dispute the link?

YES I DO

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/can-trump-break-up-the-russian-iranian-alliance

http://www.businessinsider.com/irans-hunt-for-nuclear-components-in-soviet-union-2015-5

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/27/iran-already-has-nuclear-weapons/

According to Iranian government documents in Israel's possession, Iran received several nuclear warheads from a former Soviet republic during the early 1990s, THE JERUSALEM POST reported.
The documents have been deemed authentic by United States congressional experts and are still being studied in Israel. They contain correspondence between Iranian government officials and leaders of Iran's Revolutionary Guards that discusses Iran's successful efforts to obtain nuclear warheads from former Soviet republics. The documents appear to bolster reports from 1992 that Iran received enriched uranium and up to four nuclear warheads from Kazakhstan, with help from the Russian underworld.
http://www.fas.org/news/iran/1998/980409-iran2.htm

Guiora, who holds dual U.S.-Israeli citizenship, served for 19 years in the Israel Defense Forces Judge Advocate General Corps. He has negotiated repeatedly with the Palestinians, including the safe passage agreement between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.
Both he and Brauner maintain that Iran, not the Palestinians, present the gravest threat to Israel. Iran has nuclear warheads, scattered in some 20 sites, Guiora said. This makes it difficult to remove them in a single strike, as Israel did by bombing Iraq’s nuclear reactor near Baghdad in 1981.
http://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/articles/2006/02/01/news/local/bcover0127.txt

1992 Iran acquires nuclear weapons "ready for immediate use" from CIS countries, according to the German weekly Focus. The weapons are reportedly "an atom bomb which can be dropped from an airplane and a launcher for missiles with nuclear warheads."
http://www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/Iran/1825_1869.html

1992 Iran acquires nuclear weapons "ready for immediate use" from CIS countries, according to the German weekly Focus. The weapons are reportedly "an atom bomb which can be dropped from an airplane and a launcher for missiles with nuclear warheads."

US magazine US News and World Report quotes an unidentified high-ranking Russian officer as substantiating a US intelligence report that three short-range nuclear weapons have disappeared from an arsenal in Kazakhstan. The US magazine reports the weapons have been sold to Iran.

April 1992. The European of London reports that the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service has said that Iran definitely received two warheads stolen from Semipalatinsk. The report says that the organization selling the weapons had ties to Kazakhstan President Nursaltan Nazarbayev.

December 1992, Two Iranian diplomats discuss via telephone the acquisition of four nuclear warheads by Iran from one of the Central Asian republics of the former Soviet Union. The two diplomats are identified as an Iranian Foreign Ministry official Abdolrahmani, who is in charge of relations with the Central Asian republics of the former Soviet Union, and Iranian Deputy Sirus Nasiri Tabatabai-Kia, who is second in command in the Iranian delegation to United Nations institutions and international organizations in Geneva. In the tapped phone conversation between Abdolrahmani and Tabatabai-Kia, which is obtained from an European intelligence service, Abdolrahmani confirms that one of the Muslim republics of the former Soviet Union sold four warheads to Iran. Tabatabai-Kia notes that the purchases "completed their mission in the best possible way." Abdolrahmani says that the warheads had not arrived because of a problem with transportation, and that he does not know how much the warheads cost because "some other guy arranged the issue of the payment." In the course of the conversation, the names of Iranian President Rafsanjani's brother-in-law Hajj Mohsen Rafij, and the Iranian defense minister Akbar Torkan are mentioned in connection with the sale.

---------- 11 April 1998, Labor MK Rafi Elul says that Israel and the United States have suspected for years that Iran acquired nuclear weapons smuggled from the former Soviet Union. Elul reportedly met with an unknown US source, reportedly with longtime connections to the Israeli government, in March 1998 who said that in 1995 she gave both the CIA and Israel Iranian government documents on Iran's successful efforts to obtain nuclear weapons.
http://www.nti.org/e_research/profiles/Iran/1825_1875.html
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Yup, Iran spent years under crippling sanctions trying to build the bomb because they already had it.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

April 9, 1998

According to Iranian government documents in Israel's possession, Iran received several nuclear warheads from a former Soviet republic during the early 1990s, THE JERUSALEM POST reported.

The documents have been deemed authentic by United States congressional experts and are still being studied in Israel. They contain correspondence between Iranian government officials and leaders of Iran's Revolutionary Guards that discusses Iran's successful efforts to obtain nuclear warheads from former Soviet republics.

The documents appear to bolster reports from 1992 that Iran received enriched uranium and up to four nuclear warheads from Kazakhstan, with help from the Russian underworld.

Meanwhile, U.S. envoy Robert Gallucci held talks in Israel with Government and intelligence agency leaders concerning Russian aid to Iran's ballistic missile program. "The Government acts on priorities, and at the top is the Iranian missile program," an Israeli official said.

Israeli officials said that Jerusalem and Washington agree on the extent
of Iran's progress in developing the new missile, which would be capable of reaching Israel. However, they disagree on whether the Russian government acquiesces in the transfer of Russian missile technology to Iran and whether Moscow is capable of stopping the flow.

NEED MORE
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Yup, Iran spent years under crippling sanctions trying to build the bomb because they already had it.

They were trying to build more and a method for delivery. That is the same thing NK is doing as we speak.

It simple get Nukes and a way to touch another country with them, they gain a seat at the table.

Witch is what NK and Iran want to do
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

CNN reporter mocks Mitch McConnell for needing help with stairs, not realizing he survived polio

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/17/cnn-reporter-mocks-mitch-mcconnell-for-needing-help-with-stairs-not-realizing-survived-polio.html
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
CNN reporter mocks Mitch McConnell for needing help with stairs, not realizing he survived polio

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/10/17/cnn-reporter-mocks-mitch-mcconnell-for-needing-help-with-stairs-not-realizing-survived-polio.html

See how bad it is when someone mocks another person's 'disability'? You can condemn this, why can't you condemn Trump doing same?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

@ noahp45 I eliminated the quote tree. It's taking to much page space.

The first two have nothing to do with Iran having nuclear weapons. The Washington Times is not a publication I place a lot of faith in. if you do that's your prerogative.

The fourth link does not validate Iran having a nuclear weapon.

Where are you getting these links? My computer is giving me 404 – File Missing Other than the post from a susceptible sorce I don't see much.

Quote:
HTTP 404 - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_404
The HTTP 404, 404 Not Found and 404 (pronounced "four oh four") error message is a ... Another common method is tracking traffic to 404 pages using log file ... an absent web server and a missing web page on a web server that is present.

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
tlim wrote:

Imagine if we only spend, say $50B instead of $700B on our military a year.

We definitely don't need to spend $700B per year, but at $50B per year I think you'd see a massive recession in this country. Not only is nearly all of that money going back into the communities (basically, the military is a giant welfare program), but our projected military might makes our commerce safe and props up the dollar.

Put more money to invest in our future, and the money multiplier effect should break about even. It becomes a redistribution of that money that we are spending. Which ones will have a higher money multiplier would be the only difference.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 647, 648, 649 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 648 of 3673
Jump to: