THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
And that's why the Russians so desperately wanted her to lose. Just like the Iranians were eating crippling sanctions to build "more" nukes even though they already had some...

And its so funny how conservatives keep focusing on Clinton. Last I checked, she's not president. How about we all concede that she is the devil and has done every possible thing you can accuse her of. Okay. Now that is settled, can we move on to you.. ya know.. the actual President of the United States?

Clearly something they are desperate to avoid doing, for obvious reasons.

The FBI showed Obama all the evidence. Eyewitnesses backed by documents — of money-laundering, blackmail and bribery by Russian nuclear officials, all aimed at growing “Vladimir Putin’s atomic-energy business inside the United States” in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

The Obama administration — anxious to “reset” US-Russian relations — kept it all under wraps, refusing to tell even top congressional intelligence figures.

And when the Obamaites in 2014 filed low-level criminal charges against a single individual over what the FBI found, they did so with little public fanfare.

“The Russians were compromising American contractors in the nuclear industry with kickbacks and extortion threats, all of which raised legitimate national security concerns,” one veteran of the case told The Hill.

This isn't just about Clinton its about Obama Muller and Commey

Someone in this scenario will eventually end up in prison for his crimes. And it's not going to be Hillary or Obama, no matter how many knots the right wing twists itself in trying to spin things.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

Obama is currently President either. And its waste of time to go into how arguments about Clinton and Obama somehow covering up for Russia (think of how ludicrous that statement itself sounds) are unfounded and illogical because, again, neither of them are currently the President of the United States. It's a complete effort to distract from the real issue and the real problem - Donald Trump. When you know its a losing argument, best to divert attention from it, right? This is Trump's entire strategy (since he's on the losing side of just about every issue), so not surprising that those who support him attempt to do the same.

As for Mueller, there isn't a piece of evidence that he corrupt or anything but respected by people on both sides of the aisle. However, its extremely interesting that there is a proactive effort to discredit him by those who support Trump (and Trump himself). I suppose when you know he's eventually going to reveal a ton of bad stuff about you (because, well, Trump knows what he actually did), its best to get ahead of it and use the only tool you know to use, i.e. manipulating your fan base.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

For someone who says they allegedly voted for Obama twice and only reluctantly voted for Trump, I see a lot of talking points that don't line up with that assertion. Hillary and Obama are crooked and evil and Trump is just a dumb guy with a good heart but definitely never did anything shady.

That doesn't pass the smell test.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Also, it should be noted that the minute you start talking about what Obama did or what Clinton did, you are conceding that you've been manipulated into the us versus them scheme politicians want you to fall into so that you don't actually pay attention to the things that actually matter and effect you today. If you want to consider yourself an intelligent individual who is an independent thinker, its best to not approach politics like its the Lakers versus the Celtics.

It's not about rooting for one side or the other. It's about real issues that are going to effect your daily life, and supporting the person (or people or party) who is going to approach those issues in a way that is going to make your life (and the lives of those around you) better. Any discussion other than that, i.e. about issues, what approaches should be taken and who advocates for the correct approaches, is a waste of time and reflection of the brainwashing that seems to be rampant among uninformed voters today.

For those who continue to take the Sports approach to politics, just remember that you are proving to politicians that you are just as dumb as they think you are.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

I'll take Whataboutism for $1000, Alex.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

As Trump tripled-down this morning and called the congresswoman who relayed his phone conversation a liar, here's what the dead soldier's mom has to say:

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

Quote:
The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. Johnson's mother also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said.

Trump lashed back. He denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

Quote:
Wilson had said that the Johnson family was “astonished” by Trump's remarks during the phone call, which Wilson said she heard via a speaker phone while riding in a car with the Johnson family.

Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow was shaken by the exchange.

“She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

Quote:
Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
As Trump tripled-down this morning and called the congresswoman who relayed his phone conversation a liar, here's what the dead soldier's mom has to say:

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

Quote:
The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. Johnson's mother also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said.

Trump lashed back. He denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations.

Quote:
Wilson had said that the Johnson family was “astonished” by Trump's remarks during the phone call, which Wilson said she heard via a speaker phone while riding in a car with the Johnson family.

Wilson told MSNBC on Wednesday that Johnson's widow was shaken by the exchange.

“She was crying the whole time, and when she hung up the phone, she looked at me and said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ That’s the hurting part.”

This is so so so bad, he's insulted so many gold star families and American heroes. Where is the real conservatives! speak up!
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

But he has proof! It's right next to his recordings of his dinner with Comey.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

I've run out of adjectives to describe how truly horrible this man is.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
999 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Team Obama’s stunning cover-up of Russian crimes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d965d1ec-84c7-3afe-a995-fe11ef785187/ss_team-obama%E2%80%99s-stunning.html

Fake News

no its real

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration-approved-controversial-nuclear-deal-with-moscow/ar-AAtCXDc?OCID=ansmsnnews11

money trail
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

I read into this story extensively yesterday after I saw the original story on The Hill. This is a long operation the FBI had been working on before Obama was even in office. And Hillary's state department was just one of many who had to look at the deal. It's not really a partisan thing at all.

Here's the original story. Read past the 6th paragraph:

Quote:
By that time, the criminal cases against Mikerin had been narrowed to a single charge of money laundering for a scheme that officials admitted stretched from 2004 to 2014. And though agents had evidence of criminal wrongdoing they collected since at least 2009, federal prosecutors only cited in the plea agreement a handful of transactions that occurred in 2011 and 2012, well after the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States’s approval.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
999 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Team Obama’s stunning cover-up of Russian crimes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d965d1ec-84c7-3afe-a995-fe11ef785187/ss_team-obama%E2%80%99s-stunning.html

Fake News

no its real

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration-approved-controversial-nuclear-deal-with-moscow/ar-AAtCXDc?OCID=ansmsnnews11

money trail
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

I read into this story extensively yesterday after I saw the original story on The Hill. This is a long operation the FBI had been working on before Obama was even in office. And Hillary's state department was just one of many who had to look at the deal. It's not really a partisan thing at all.

Here's the original story. Read past the 6th paragraph:

Quote:
By that time, the criminal cases against Mikerin had been narrowed to a single charge of money laundering for a scheme that officials admitted stretched from 2004 to 2014. And though agents had evidence of criminal wrongdoing they collected since at least 2009, federal prosecutors only cited in the plea agreement a handful of transactions that occurred in 2011 and 2012, well after the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States’s approval.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/355749-fbi-uncovered-russian-bribery-plot-before-obama-administration

Thank you for taking the time to dig into it.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
As for Mueller, there isn't a piece of evidence that he corrupt or anything but respected by people on both sides of the aisle. However, its extremely interesting that there is a proactive effort to discredit him by those who support Trump (and Trump himself). I suppose when you know he's eventually going to reveal a ton of bad stuff about you (because, well, Trump knows what he actually did), its best to get ahead of it and use the only tool you know to use, i.e. manipulating your fan base.

The only bad thing I've really read about Mueller is that he can be fanatical in his investigations, even when he's wrong -- see the big anthrax case that targeted the wrong man, ruined his life, and the government settled with him later on (I think I've posted this exact link before):

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/21/comey-mueller-bungled-big-anthrax-case-together/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hatfill#Lawsuits

That being said, if there's any time to be as thorough as possible and explore every possibility in an investigation, it's his current one. It's literarily about life and death for the Republic.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
For someone who says they allegedly voted for Obama twice and only reluctantly voted for Trump, I see a lot of talking points that don't line up with that assertion. Hillary and Obama are crooked and evil and Trump is just a dumb guy with a good heart but definitely never did anything shady.

Hillary and Obama are crooked, and Trump is even more so. That is what the American public signed up for. The last election was a choice of who is less bad, as if such a thing exists. If one was manipulated by the system to vote for Clinton or Trump, this is the result of that decision. Until the system is changed we can expect more of the same.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to dig into it.

You know I'm no fan of Hillary Clinton, but this one is a big nothing-burger. I wanted to understand as much as I could because I remembered that 2015 NYT article (which I think I posted in the old thread) and this seemed like the follow-up.

Unfortunately for our compatriot noahp45 here, there will be no investigation into either Clinton, or Obama on this. Sessions won't (and shouldn't) even give it a second glance. It's confirmation bias to read this is as anything more than a lengthy FBI investigation that ended up getting its man.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS Obama is no longer president, he's vacationing in the Bahamas. His hair is turning black again.

He doing the right thing staying out of the Dumpster fiasco. He's not giving Trump any fuel for his raging fire. I have a feeling he'll surface and the time will be right.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Hillary and Obama are crooked, and Trump is even more so. That is what the American public signed up for. The last election was a choice of who is less bad, as if such a thing exists. If one was manipulated by the system to vote for Clinton or Trump, this is the result of that decision. Until the system is changed we can expect more of the same.

I completely disagree with that assertion. My opinions have been formed by reading hundreds of actual news articles, accounts of reporters with excellent reputations that I trust, accounts of individuals who are not in politics and who know them well, and watching unfiltered video of both Clinton and Obama speaking at various events that never made it to TV.

I am aware they each have flaws and have made bad decisions. Haven't we all. But I believe both are good and decent people who entered public service because they genuinely cared about helping people and trying to make their lives better.

Trump is in a completely different universe from those two. People who think "they are all the same" are entitled to that opinion, but objective reality suggests otherwise.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
<b>BREAKING NEWS</b> Obama is no longer president, he's vacationing in the Bahamas. His hair is turning black again.

He doing the right thing staying out of the Dumpster fiasco. He's not giving Trump any fuel for his raging fire. I have a feeling he'll surface and the time will be right.

This is the type of thing Obama and his foundation are doing:

Quote:
OCTOBER 14, 2017 10:00 PM

Today, the Obama Foundation hosted its first pilot training at the Gary Comer Youth Center in Chicago, bringing together over one hundred young people to kickstart their work in civic life and to become more active in shaping their own communities.

During the day, participants worked in small groups led by peer advisors — young Chicagoans who are already participating in community and civic engagement work — and joined a series of inspirational workshops and team challenges, including selecting an issue from their own community and working together to design a solution for it.

As the day neared its end, President Obama made a surprise appearance to listen to attendees share their ideas about tackling challenges in their communities, from addressing food deserts to increasing financial literacy in schools. “I couldn’t be prouder of all of you and all the things you’ve already done,” President Obama said in closing, “I couldn’t be more excited about all the amazing things just this room here is gonna be doing.“

https://www.obama.org/updates/president-obama-surprises-chicago-training-day-participants/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

And I would urge caution in in that smell test, because the toxicity of that odor of dishonesty is probably lethal.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Also, it should be noted that the minute you start talking about what Obama did or what Clinton did, you are conceding that you've been manipulated into the us versus them scheme politicians want you to fall into so that you don't actually pay attention to the things that actually matter and effect you today. If you want to consider yourself an intelligent individual who is an independent thinker, its best to not approach politics like its the Lakers versus the Celtics.

It's not about rooting for one side or the other. It's about real issues that are going to effect your daily life, and supporting the person (or people or party) who is going to approach those issues in a way that is going to make your life (and the lives of those around you) better. Any discussion other than that, i.e. about issues, what approaches should be taken and who advocates for the correct approaches, is a waste of time and reflection of the brainwashing that seems to be rampant among uninformed voters today.

For those who continue to take the Sports approach to politics, just remember that you are proving to politicians that you are just as dumb as they think you are.

Keep in mind we are dealing with people who have openly admitted that they don't give a (bleep) about anyone but themselves.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I'll take Whataboutism for $1000, Alex.

And it's the Daily Double!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

I find it so funny that all of you have been saying was Russian this Russia that when it came to Trump. Now that a connection was found and it was with Obama and Clinton. It's well Obama is not the president and Clinton is gone.

The hypocrisy in here is thicker then Mississippi Mud.

Trump says dumb crap he did it during his campaign and every one is all surprised that now that he is the POTUS he is doing the same thing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I completely disagree with that assertion. My opinions have been formed by reading hundreds of actual news articles, accounts of reporters with excellent reputations that I trust, accounts of individuals who are not in politics and who know them well, and watching unfiltered video of both Clinton and Obama speaking at various events that never made it to TV.

I am aware they each have flaws and have made bad decisions. Haven't we all. But I believe both are good and decent people who entered public service because they genuinely cared about helping people and trying to make their lives better.

Trump is in a completely different universe from those two. People who think "they are all the same" are entitled to that opinion, but objective reality suggests otherwise.

You're talking to a man who vehemently denies that humans have influenced the way the Earth's environment functions despite all the scientific evidence that proves it has. Clearly he's not interested in how facts weigh into his opinions and statements.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

And I would urge caution in in that smell test, because the toxicity of that odor of dishonesty is probably lethal.

Just because I call Obama out on some BS doesn't Mean I didn't Vote for him. He was shady and I don't blame him I think he forgot his path and stayed loyal to his party.

I know it's hard to admit that your hero had flaws and trump was right. The truth is slowly coming to light you dude's can bail now, or you can stay on the Sinking ship.

Last edited by noahp45 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I find it so funny that all of you have been saying was Russian this Russia that when it came to Trump. Now that a connection was found and it was with Obama and Clinton. It's well Obama is not the president and Clinton is gone.

The hypocrisy in here is thicker then Mississippi Mud.

Trump says dumb crap he did it during his campaign and every one is all surprised that now that he is the POTUS he is doing the same thing.

It's not simply using the word "Russia!" by itself that conveys anything nefarious, it's about criminal activity by a Presidential campaign to subvert an American election. To quote Joe Biden, that's a big (bleep) deal. That's criminal conspiracy and traitor territory.

You can keep minimizing it and calling us all haterz, but Mueller has about 20 full-time attorneys on staff with experience in espionage, money laundering, crime syndicates, criminal conspiracy, etc. They aren't playing tiddly winks over there.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
I know it's hard to admit that your hero had flaws

Not really my hero, and I have never once claimed he is without flaw. Quite the opposite.

Quote:
and trump was right.

If that happens, I'd be happy to acknowledge it, but it hasn't yet.

Quote:
It's slowly coming to light you dude can bail now. Or you can stay on the Sinking ship.

If you care to make sense in English, I'd be happy to respond to your comment. But for the moment, the only sinking ship I see is the S.S. Decline of Democracy and the Captain at the helm is Donald Trump.

So the irony of you talking about hero worship blinding one to reality is laughable at best.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 650, 651, 652 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 651 of 3673
Jump to: