THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 655, 656, 657 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
it scares me how much i'd kill to have George Bush as Prez. Compare to trump he sounds like a soaring orator, a moral voice, etc.

INTERNET ALERT...INTERNET ALERT ....Big Brother is monitoring your emails, posts, all internet activity.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ani007 wrote:
it scares me how much i'd kill to have George Bush as Prez. Compare to trump he sounds like a soaring orator, a moral voice, etc.

INTERNET ALERT...INTERNET ALERT ....Big Brother is monitoring all your emails, posts, all internet activity.

Big brother, we all have been hacked its not just the government that knows our emails every scammer on the planet already has that info now.... and our cred scores

Thanks equifax, yahoo and the walking zombie company Verizon that bought yahoo to destroy themself from within.

I hope they all go out of business and we all sue these guys out of this orbit.

Equifax had the balls to say they were too big to fail. No equifax you suck too much to exist
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Lawrence O'Donnell did a great job summarizing Kelly's appearance today. I highly recommend it. They have similar Boston backgrounds. He pointed out the good (such as how Kelly talked about his son, about the impossibility of making a perfect call to a grieving family, etc.) and the bad, including Kelly's strange attack on that Congresswoman as an "empty barrel."

I think Kelly's just trying to protect the office of presidency as it is his job. I agree with Kelly, that convo should be kept private but I wish he also said it was inappropriate for POTUS to brought up his son's death or accusing previous POTUS of not calling gold star families. Kudos to him for doing that especially after Trump brought up his son's death

No it shouldn't. Not when the family feels disrespected by the PO(tu)S. The President is a public servant. The only people who should decide whether it should remain private are the family themselves. They have a right (and may be even an obligation) to make their feelings known.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Lawrence O'Donnell did a great job summarizing Kelly's appearance today. I highly recommend it. They have similar Boston backgrounds. He pointed out the good (such as how Kelly talked about his son, about the impossibility of making a perfect call to a grieving family, etc.) and the bad, including Kelly's strange attack on that Congresswoman as an "empty barrel."

I've said it before that Kelly is not honorable as he is perceived to be. He may have chest-full of medals but you have to be partly evil to stand behind the POS in the WH. Those pictures of him seemingly grimacing at Trump's lies are nothing more than people "wishful thinking"that therés some sanity in the WH.
I think he agrees with Trump's racist, fascist and misogynistic views like everyone in the WH. He's Trump's Beria or Himmler.
I hope he and whatever reputation he has built go down in flames with Trump.

While I know that people feel that Kelly took the job semi-reluctantly out of a sense of duty to try and keep tabs on a rogue President. But after yesterday, I think we can dispel that kind description of him. Kelly is fully, willfully and happily complicit in the Trump propaganda machine.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I think Kelly's just trying to protect the office of presidency as it is his job. I agree with Kelly, that convo should be kept private but I wish he also said it was inappropriate for POTUS to brought up his son's death or accusing previous POTUS of not calling gold star families. Kudos to him for doing that especially after Trump brought up his son's death

No it shouldn't. Not when the family feels disrespected by the PO(tu)S. The President is a public servant. The only people who should decide whether it should remain private are the family themselves. They have a right (and may be even an obligation) to make their feelings known.

Yes, the family have the right and should've been the ones that brought it up if they have problem with POTUS response, not the congresswoman
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:

IA What's not being considered is he may not be trying to protect Trump, he may be protecting the office and the country. World leaders are laughing at Donald. There is no protecting him, he's a walking disaster.

Kelly and Mattis are holding positions of great importance to the country. IMO they may be standing between us and WWIII.

Concerning Wilson, was Trump plagiarizing Kelly? He and Melania do that.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Yes, the family have the right and should've been the ones that brought it up if they have problem with POTUS response, not the congresswoman

It would seem to me that since the Congresswoman is a family friend, they likely asked her to speak up because of her public profile and access to the media.

I highly doubt that Wilson just took it of her own accord to mention it without the families knowledge/blessing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

noah...i'm glad you finally came forward

Pro-Trump war 'hero' interviewed on Fox News admits he faked his record
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pro-trump-war-hero-interviewed-on-fox-news-admits-he-faked-his-record/ar-AAtL2Af?OCID=ansmsnnews11

J/K........
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I've said it before that Kelly is not honorable as he is perceived to be. He may have chest-full of medals but you have to be partly evil to stand behind the POS in the WH. Those pictures of him seemingly grimacing at Trump's lies are nothing more than people "wishful thinking"that therés some sanity in the WH.
I think he agrees with Trump's racist, fascist and misogynistic views like everyone in the WH. He's Trump's Beria or Himmler.

I'm sure Ivanka, Kushner et al are much better stewards of the big red button. /rollseyes
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

While I know that people feel that Kelly took the job semi-reluctantly out of a sense of duty to try and keep tabs on a rogue President. But after yesterday, I think we can dispel that kind description of him. Kelly is fully, willfully and happily complicit in the Trump propaganda machine.

Hardly. He, Mattis and McMaster are there for one reason.

I can't imagine the kind of internal torment he's going through knowing that his boss just used his dead son as a prop, yet he has to grimace and eat the (bleep) burger so he can keep an eye on the guy who's more than happy to press the red button.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I can't imagine the kind of internal torment he's going through knowing that his boss just used his dead son as a prop, yet he has to grimace and eat the (bleep) burger so he can keep an eye on the guy who's more than happy to press the red button.

He could have simply told his story and then tied it to Trump by saying he was trying to say that (the stuff his sons casualty officer said to him). He was parroting what I told him, and maybe it came out a little wrong. That has some effect.

But no, he wanted to go fight some culture wars while he was at it. And play hard core partisan, and basically attack other gold star families. And yes, now he used his son as a political prop. It made me sick watching it.

Last edited by Omar Little on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

No he doesn't. Regardless of why he may be there, he doesn't have to do that at all. And a man off integrity would not.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He could have simply told his story and then tied it to Trump by saying he was trying to say that (the stuff his sons casualty officer said to him). He was parroting what I told him, and maybe it came out a little wrong. That has some effect.

But no, he wanted to go fight some culture wars while he was at it. And play hard core partisan, and basicallybattacknither gold star families. And yes, NOW he used his donnas a political prop. It made me sick watching it.

Which is why I say that he is clearly part of the (bleep) storm . . . and willingly so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Does eating that (bleep) burger suddenly give him license to attack a Congresswoman - a black woman, a former teacher, someone that grew up in the segregated South, someone that was instrumental in a mentoring program that helped one of the soldiers that died in Niger - an "empty barrel" and selfish? Why is it inappropriate for her (a family friend) to listen to the call and appropriate for Kelly (who has no connection to the family) to listen to the call? Why did he seek to humiliate the journalists in the briefing room that didn't know a Gold Star family? Why did he implicitly attack the Khan family (a Gold Star family that supported his boss' opponent) at that briefing? Not only that, as it turns out, he lied about the ceremony in Florida that opened up an FBI building. The Congresswoman didn't brag that she brought in the money to finance it (she wasn't even in Congress when the money was appropriated), she only took credit for working with Boehner for naming the building.

Not including his comments about his son, Kelly exposed himself as a lying a*shole at that briefing, ready to protect his boss by calling him "brave" and baselessly attacking a woman. He is as political as anyone in that administration. I'm tired of the unearned moral superiority that generals carry around. We've discussed this issue before, but your answer always goes back to "if you knew anything about Mattis or Kelly or McMaster, you wouldn't be saying that about them." I know more about them daily and what they might have done in the past becomes less and less relevant as they continue to work and lie for their boss. In the case of Kelly, he felt it was necessary to attack a woman for being selfish, defend his boss for being "brave," even though that woman has more bravery in her pinky that his boss does.

And for that reason, and I've said it many times, the more they lie, the more they defend him, the more credibility they lose.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

No he doesn't. Regardless of why he may be there, he doesn't have to do that at all. And a man off integrity would not.

If you felt you were the only thing preventing Donald Trump from giving the order to launch nuclear weapons, you'd walk away because he made you look bad?

I'm glad Kelly doesn't think that way.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

You can prevent a launch of nuclear weapons without being a lying, arrogant, as*hole with an inflated sense of moral superiority.

And if Trump tells you to lie for him, resign immediately and tell the entire world why you were fired and how dangerous Trump is. It would make you a hero.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
You can prevent a launch of nuclear weapons without being a lying, arrogant, as*hole with an inflated sense of moral superiority.

And if Trump tells you to lie for him, resign immediately and tell the entire world why you were fired and how dangerous Trump is. It would make you a hero.

If only it were that easy. This isn't a movie. And that wouldn't be grounds for impeaching Trump, which is the only way this will end.

Last edited by DuncanIdaho on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RE: all of the above

I'm not going to sit here and say that what Kelly said about the congresswoman was okay, or that he's in any way a saint. I'm just saying that I think I understand his actions. I think he's doing what he thinks he needs to do to keep his job to keep an eye on the very unstable commander in chief we have. You know, the guy that likes to fire anyone on a whim when he thinks they're not on his side. The guy who's threatened to nuke North Korea.

Until Congress gets its act together and impeaches Trump (hopefully based on solid evidence presented by the special investigation), these men are doing what they think is best to keep the country together.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

Wilt wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Does eating that (bleep) burger suddenly give him license to attack a Congresswoman - a black woman, a former teacher, someone that grew up in the segregated South, someone that was instrumental in a mentoring program that helped one of the soldiers that died in Niger - an "empty barrel" and selfish? Why is it inappropriate for her (a family friend) to listen to the call and appropriate for Kelly (who has no connection to the family) to listen to the call? Why did he seek to humiliate the journalists in the briefing room that didn't know a Gold Star family? Why did he implicitly attack the Khan family (a Gold Star family that supported his boss' opponent) at that briefing? Not only that, as it turns out, he lied about the ceremony in Florida that opened up an FBI building. The Congresswoman didn't brag that she brought in the money to finance it (she wasn't even in Congress when the money was appropriated), she only took credit for working with Boehner for naming the building.

Not including his comments about his son, Kelly exposed himself as a lying a*shole at that briefing, ready to protect his boss by calling him "brave" and baselessly attacking a woman. He is as political as anyone in that administration. I'm tired of the unearned moral superiority that generals carry around. We've discussed this issue before, but your answer always goes back to "if you knew anything about Mattis or Kelly or McMaster, you wouldn't be saying that about them." I know more about them daily and what they might have done in the past becomes less and less relevant as they continue to work and lie for their boss. In the case of Kelly, he felt it was necessary to attack a woman for being selfish, defend his boss for being "brave," even though that woman has more bravery in her pinky that his boss does.

And for that reason, and I've said it many times, the more they lie, the more they defend him, the more credibility they lose.

Bravo.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

If you felt you were the only thing preventing Donald Trump from giving the order to launch nuclear weapons, you'd walk away because he made you look bad?

I'm glad Kelly's in the position he holds. Some are so inflamed by Trump they put his eggs in Kelly's basket and liken them.

I'm giving Kelly the benefit of the doubt. He didn't fabricate his record, he earned it. I'm going to say he's taking one for the team.

EDIT: Respecting the opinions of some posters. It's effortless to say what you'd do when you don't have to actually do it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Kelly and Trump are alone.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

I sure as hell wouldn't sign on to parrot Trump's divisiveness and lies and attack citizens and elected officials alike for partisan BS, thus proving I was every bit as guilty of the contempt the PO(tu)S has for the American people.

Quote:

That's unfortunate. I would hope that you could see that it is possible to do his job of securing the red button without becoming an unrespectable doucghebag.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

I'm not going to sit here and say that what Kelly said about the congresswoman was okay, or that he's in any way a saint. I'm just saying that I think I understand his actions. I think he's doing what he thinks he needs to do to keep his job to keep an eye on the very unstable commander in chief we have. You know, the guy that likes to fire anyone on a whim when he thinks they're not on his side. The guy who's threatened to nuke North Korea.

Until Congress gets its act together and impeaches Trump (hopefully based on solid evidence presented by the special investigation), these men are doing what they think is best to keep the country together.

You might briefly consider that while it is almost certain Kelly dislikes Trump's temperament and behavior, he also is a pretty hard line hawkish old school conservative nationalist, and a deep partisan, not just some honorable guy doing distasteful things for the greater good. He went far beyond that.

Fwiw, anyone who knows anything about the military should dispense with the general as boyscout meme. You don't get to that job being a boy scout. You get there being tougher, more political, and driven than your fellows, and by kissing the right assets and burying the right bodies at the right time.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

I sure as hell wouldn't sign on to parrot Trump's divisiveness and lies and attack citizens and elected officials alike for partisan BS, thus proving I was every bit as guilty of the contempt the PO(tu)S has for the American people.

Quote:

That's unfortunate. I would hope that you could see that it is possible to do his job of securing the red button without becoming an unrespectable doucghebag.

When the undercover cop works for an unrespectable douchebag, sometimes they have to do things to keep that cover up. That's my theory anyway.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Wilt wrote:

If only it were that easy. This isn't a movie. And that wouldn't be grounds for impeaching Trump, which is the only way this will end.

It would be really that easy.

No one cares that Sean Spicer or Reince Priebus resigned or were fired. It's precisely people like Kelly and Mattis that can pull it off and can have big impact. People would care that these perceived examples of extreme patriotism and moral virtue exposed Trump. But I think it's too late anyway. They're in too deep and they're much closer to Trump politically than people acknowledge and Kelly, especially, has exposed himself as being extremely political and a culture warrior. His nonsensical rant about how women, religion, and life were considered sacred in the past proves it.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

You might briefly consider that while it is almost certain Kelly dislikes Trump's temperament and behavior, he also is a pretty hard line hawkish old school conservative nationalist, and a deep partisan, not just some honorable guy doing distasteful things for the greater good. He went far beyond that.

Fwiw, anyone who knows anything about the military should dispense with the general as boyscout meme. You don't get to that job being a boy scout. You get there being tougher, more political, and driven than your fellows, and by kissing the right assets and burying the right bodies at the right time.

There's some truth in what you say (especially the second paragraph, which is very true). These are very intelligent people with (usually) many advanced degrees. They're not idiots, and they're politically savvy.

Like I said a couple posts up, I in no way think these guys are saints. I stand by my statement that they're doing what they think is best for the country with an unstable commander in charge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 655, 656, 657 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 656 of 3673
Jump to: