THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 684, 685, 686 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
This is new from today after another Trump/Putin meeting.

Trump Sides With Putin Over U.S. Intelligence On Election Meddling

Quote:
Contradicting U.S. intelligence agencies, President Donald Trump on Saturday said he believes Russian President Vladimir Putin’s claim that the Kremlin did not attempt to interfere in the 2016 election.

Trump spoke with the Russian leader this week in Vietnam during a joint summit with other Asia-Pacific countries. When a reporter asked if the subject of Russian election interference came up, Trump replied, “He said he absolutely did not meddle in our election. He did not do what they are saying he did. ... Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn’t do that,’ and I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it. But he says, ‘I didn’t do that.’”

Trump also took multiple shots at his 2016 rival Hillary Clinton and lamented that Putin is “very insulted” by the accusations of election meddling.

Quote:
Trump told reporters on Saturday that he was skeptical of the intelligence findings.

“You hear it’s 17 agencies [who agreed on the hacking.] Well, it’s three,” he said. And one is Brennan. And one is, whatever. I mean, give me a break. They’re political hacks. So you look at it, and then you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey. Comey’s proven now to be a liar and he’s proven to be a leaker. So you look at that.”

Quote:
He also early last month missed a key deadline to implement new sanctions on Russia in response to the hacking, set in bipartisan bill that he signed into law in August. Weeks later, Foreign Policy reported that the State Department shuttered the office that deals with sanctions policy.

He's a straight-up TRAITOR.

http://www.newsweek.com/stephen-miller-regular-contact-george-papadopoulos-were-other-top-trump-708802
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

What better way to honor our Armed Service members than to disparage all of our intelligence agencies.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

So let's take a look at the scoreboard. Pedos are fine. Our intelligence community is wrong. Russia and China are awesome.

Yeah. Things are really going well right now.

If anyone needs me I'll be out back huffing Lysol.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
So let's take a look at the scoreboard. Pedos are fine. Our intelligence community is wrong. Russia and China are awesome.

Yeah. Things are really going well right now.

If anyone needs me I'll be out back huffing Lysol.

Looks like I picked the wrong year to quit sniffing glue.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
How wacky has this administration caused the thinking of the Republicans to become. Comparing Joseph and Mary to a Republican candidate accused of sexual misconduct. SMH

Re-post

LINK = LINK

Nevermind that back then a 30 year old was considered ancient.

Actually I was equating Trump to the Doomsday clock.

Trump is going to get his polls skid turned around. He'll promise Jinping something to let LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley, and Jalen Hill leave China, then he'll say, "See, I'm the only one who could do this!" Lonzo's dad needs to take a back seat on this one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Someone wrote on facebook:

"Trump is kissing up to a former KGB agent, in Hanoi, on Veterans' Day."
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Bone spur

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

"I think I've made a lot of sacrifices," Trump said. "I've worked very, very hard. I've created thousands and thousands of jobs, tens of thousands of jobs …"
"Those are sacrifices?" Stephanopoulos asked.
"Sure. I think they're sacrifices. I think when I can employ thousands and thousands of people, take care of their education, take care of so many things," Trump said. "Even the military. I mean, I was very responsible along with a group of people for getting the Vietnam Memorial built in downtown Manhattan, which to this day people thank me for."

"There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am."

"I know more about ISIS than the generals do. Believe me."

"So a general gets on, sent obviously by Obama, and he said, 'Mr. Trump doesn't understand. He knows nothing about defense.' I know more about offense and defense than they will ever understand, believe me. Believe me. Than they will ever understand. Than they will ever understand."

"There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me."

HAPPY VETERANS DAY
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

My Father was a charming guy but a drinker..

Little magnet on his dashboard read

If at first you can't
dazzle them with brilliance
Baffle them with (bleep)
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

I guess the best you could say is that he snowballed Putin with some xi juice.

Sorry. That was graphic but accurate.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:

What's xi juice?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Looking at the election results from this week. Minority turnout was key. Need to keep voter enthusiasm high for 2018.
Its on people of color to make their voice heard. Or else the GOP will maintain dominance in the House.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Trump on a HOF-level troll roll right now. Throwing my laptop and phone in the pool.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject:

This is a REAL tweet by the leader of the free world:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:

What's xi juice?

Make xi a possessive and there ya go.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

That's not Merkel's Twitter
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Looking at the election results from this week. Minority turnout has key. Need to keep voter enthusiasm high for 2018.
Its on people of color to make their voice heard. Or else the GOP will maintain dominance.

Moore went from a 10 point lead to a dead heat. I guess some folks actually do frown upon pedos even if they're Republican pedos.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

That's not Merkel's Twitter

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Trump is losing his mind on this Asian trip. Scary times we live in.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Looking at the election results from this week. Minority turnout has key. Need to keep voter enthusiasm high for 2018.
Its on people of color to make their voice heard. Or else the GOP will maintain dominance.

Moore went from a 10 point lead to a dead heat. I guess some folks actually do frown upon pedos even if they're Republican pedos.

10 points, deadheat? we talking pedophile... I was expecting a landslide against Moore
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Not enough apparently. Moore would be completely out of it if Repugnicants weren't vermin.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:

10 points, deadheat? we talking pedophile... I was expecting a landslide against Moore

In that state it is a landslide for a Democrat
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Are we witnessing the demise of America? Is the old adage great powers fall from within coming to fruition? Lawd I hope not!!!!

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Are we witnessing the demise of America? Is the old adage great powers fall from within coming to fruition? Lawd I hope not!!!!
you have to realize. if that were the case. we still have to admit how america became america to begin with. people try to forget about the bad and only remember the good. that would be ok if the bad was just a small thing in the past that didnt make much of a difference. we know that was not the case. when you start off on suspect ground/foundation. you will always be a couple of hard hits away from falling over. now that doesnt have to be the case. You can hit the reset button. own up to how you started, own up to the shady things you have been doing for the past who knows how many decades. then turn it around. Yes you will lose a lot in the short term but gain much more in the long run. but if you choose to not lose the short term battle over doing the right thing. eventually it will be our demise. and I say our because we're all americans. so even if some of us were not apart of the negativity in some ways, some of us reap the positive rewards of it. Therefore, we will all eventually reap the negative benefits of it.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
20,000 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

first off, we probably agree that there is a police brutality issue. you think its effective to kneel.. I think its ineffective and unpatriotic. I think that's the main difference.

2nd.. none of these players careers are on the line. if Kaep was as good as Prescott or Rogers.. he'd still be in the league.

3rd.. I can't believe you're comparing Gandhi with NFL football players..Gandhi was a martyr... he died for these beliefs.. all these guys are doing in kneeling and being unpatriotic.. and they're supposed to be heroes? not to me. go do something more effective.

1 - good, we agree on something.

2 - the way NFL owners own their players, and the backlash we have been hearing, and how the POTUS is trying to force owners to retaliate against players, and how one owner called players "inmates" and there is such a thing as slave mentality in the NFL where players can be cut any minute or traded without regard, yes, I would say careers are in jeopardy. Is Kap better or worse than all other QBs who do have jobs? I have no clue. I have not watched an NFL game in years and don't intend to ever again. But is it not possible he deserves a shot and is being kept out because of this movement?

3 - yes, I dare compare. Why do all movements have to be grandiose and be on the scale of Gandhi? Not everything has to be a big historical Gandhi or MLK movement. We all do what we can where we are with the tools we have. The NFL players are making a stand, acting on behalf of those who cannot act for themselves. Even the simplest and smallest gesture is a really huge thing. Just because they are not opposing British rule for an entire country does not mean that what they are doing is any less important.

hey buddy.. don't lump me in with all the other posters on here.. I'm very agreeable.

no hes not ghandi. but he is rosa parks. and before you say no he's not. do some reading.

specifically white people will tell you how great of a man Ali was without being honest about how they felt about him when he was taking all those stands and stances. most of them hated him during that time. shoot, a lot of blacks didnt like his loud mouth and the fact that he was willing to take that kind of stand because they were afraid that it would come back to haunt them. "dont mess with massa...i dont want him coming to beat us because of one loud mouth." Can't blame those black folks. They were victims. victims react to their abuse in different ways.

When we check back on Kaps legacy 30 years from now. Yeah, He will be rosa parks. and a lot of these same naysayers will swear he was a great man when he's old and gray.

Lol at the "he's being unpatriotic" cut it out. thats an excuse not to address the issues at hand. You can't ask someone to patriotic when that same country is treating them like crap more times than not. that would be foolish to be patriotic just to be patriotic. only robots do that or brainwashed people.

Being super patriotic when you're a black person. is the equivalent of laker fans being patriotic even after they had their tickets for a game, the security told them sorry, the lakers dont want you in their building. no legit reason why. just cause. Would you still be a fan of a team thats in Los angeles..your city? . would you still have that laker flag on your car after that kind of treatment? Heck no. so why on earth are you asking an oppressed people in their own country to be all hiphip hooray about the US of A when the US of A treats them like crap? there is no logical reason to even ask black people to be super patriotic at this point in time. now if america fixes herself. Then its time to wave those flags and stand the hell up for every anthem.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Trump is losing his mind on this Asian trip. Scary times we live in.
so you're saying trump's mind wasnt already gone during the primaries? "just grab em by the...."

"over the weekend, Donald Trump, as he is wont to do, made some news. While extolling the loyalty of his supporters, he mused, "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters.""
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 684, 685, 686 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 685 of 3671
Jump to: