THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 700, 701, 702 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
On this day in 1863: Abraham Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg address.

On this day in 2017:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!

I don't have all the facts but if its true LaVar isn't appreciative of Trumps help, I would call him ungrateful.

Outside of politics. If my son was facing those charges and Trump/Hillary helped I would at least thank them

I can't believe human people with human brains can look at this "situation" and this is their take away.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

On this day in 2017:

Quote:

Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!

I don't have all the facts but if its true LaVar isn't appreciative of Trumps help, I would call him ungrateful.

Outside of politics. If my son was facing those charges and Trump/Hillary helped I would at least thank them

I can't believe human people with human brains can look at this "situation" and this is their take away.

The intro about Abe was obviously lost on some people. The expectations and the standards for the president has sunk so low that they accept, believe en defend every petty and childish remark.

Last edited by Buck32 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Is there any proof Trump helped?

Yes, I am honestly asking this. If Obama said he helped.. cool.. I believe it
Trump mouth open = lie
Fingertips lie more than his mouth does

so, is there any proof he helped?
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject:

The other factor in the Trump-Ball situation -- I talked to Arash for a while the other night. He was in China with the players when it happened, and stayed there the entire time they were under custody. He spoke to MANY sources in China, who all said the players likely would have faced one to two WEEKS of incarceration. Trump is blowing the potential consequences way out of proportion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
New pictures came out from the Franken USO show, demonstrating a joking sexualized environment that both seemed to participate in.

What is that he's holding?

This one undermines her entire story in my mind. In other words, from my understanding, she had alleged that Franken wrote into their skit that they would have a kiss, and that she didn't want to go along with it, so when they were done with the tour, as a send off of sorts, that's when he forced the kiss on her. Here, she's kissing him as part of the skit or show, with her arm around him. It seems pretty consensual to me and would make it strange for him to want to force the same kiss he's receiving in public in private. Of course, this is the part of the claim Franken is disputing.

https://images.dailykos.com/images/473954/large/DO4CnPtVoAAcnna.jpg?1511018707

And this one doesn't help her credibility either. Just an example of the type of atmosphere that both consensually seemed to participate in.

https://images.dailykos.com/images/473953/large/DO6nCf-UIAEiiYS.jpg-large.jpeg?1511018370

I'm all for believing a woman when there are allegations of sexual harassment or assault. The years of denying such at the expense for these victims requires that we give more of a benefit of the doubt to the accusers than we might otherwise if all things were equal. However, it doesn't help when you don't tell the entire story, which she hasn't based on these pictures.

These pictures beg the question, WHY NOW? Anyone know if she's a Republican or Democrat?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

http://tvline.com/2017/11/19/al-franken-cut-david-letterman-mark-twain-prize-pbs-special/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
New pictures came out from the Franken USO show, demonstrating a joking sexualized environment that both seemed to participate in.

What is that he's holding?

This one undermines her entire story in my mind. In other words, from my understanding, she had alleged that Franken wrote into their skit that they would have a kiss, and that she didn't want to go along with it, so when they were done with the tour, as a send off of sorts, that's when he forced the kiss on her. Here, she's kissing him as part of the skit or show, with her arm around him. It seems pretty consensual to me and would make it strange for him to want to force the same kiss he's receiving in public in private. Of course, this is the part of the claim Franken is disputing.

https://images.dailykos.com/images/473954/large/DO4CnPtVoAAcnna.jpg?1511018707

And this one doesn't help her credibility either. Just an example of the type of atmosphere that both consensually seemed to participate in.

https://images.dailykos.com/images/473953/large/DO6nCf-UIAEiiYS.jpg-large.jpeg?1511018370

I'm all for believing a woman when there are allegations of sexual harassment or assault. The years of denying such at the expense for these victims requires that we give more of a benefit of the doubt to the accusers than we might otherwise if all things were equal. However, it doesn't help when you don't tell the entire story, which she hasn't based on these pictures.

These pictures beg the question, WHY NOW? Anyone know if she's a Republican or Democrat?

FWIW
http://heavy.com/news/2017/11/leeann-tweeden-al-franken-photo-sexual-assault/
Quote:
She has tweeted about being at the Trump golf course and once retweeted an article about Trump not running for president in 2012. She also wrote on Twitter in 2011, “How cool is this?! The check @johnrich got for St. Jude’s from Mr. Trump!!” The tweet didn’t elaborate.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^That was Al Franken, not Robin Williams. Its the same kiss she said before she didn't want to do.

He’s probably talking about this with robin Williams

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GKERuf_hwLw
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^That was Al Franken, not Robin Williams. Its the same kiss she said before she didn't want to do.

He’s probably talking about this with robin Williams

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GKERuf_hwLw

Ah, I see. None of this means that Franken didn't do more outside of that picture. However, it does make that picture very much seem like it was just a gag that was in line of what everyone in the tour was doing, including Sweeten.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone one have any idea as to whether Tweeden is a Dem or Rep? I'm asking looking for the answer to WHY NOW???

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Does anyone one have any idea as to whether Tweeden is a Dem or Rep? I'm asking looking for the answer to WHY NOW???

Maybe because she saw other women feeling like they finally could speak up and she felt the same? There may be other reasons, but we should all first acknowledge that one as opposed to our first instinct being an ulterior motive.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Maybe because she saw other women feeling like they finally could speak up and she felt the same? There may be other reasons, but we should all first acknowledge that one as opposed to our first instinct being an ulterior motive.

I'm looking for a reason to why now? I'm in agreement with our first instinct being an ulterior motive. If she's a Republican I lean to it being political.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm looking for a reason to why now? I'm in agreement with our first instinct being an ulterior motive. If she's a Republican I lean to it being political.

Asking "why now?" is fine if you are also asking that question of other women accusing other men.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Asking "why now?" is fine if you are also asking that question of other women accusing other men.

No, just Tweener. That happened 11 years ago. Maybe it's as LS posted, she came forward now because other women came forward with accusations.

Do you know if she's a Rep or Dem? Yes my question is centered on ulterior motive.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No, just Tweener. That happened 11 years ago. Maybe it's as LS posted, she came forward now because other women came forward with accusations.

Do you know if she's a Rep or Dem? Yes my question is centered on ulterior motive.

Did you look for ulterior motives with any other accusers?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Jodeke, I just have no desire to engage in answering your question because, frankly, I don't want to enable that being yours or anyone else's first reaction, i.e. to immediately want to find an ulterior motive (even if one also acknowledges, tangentially, that she may be telling the truth as well). We've had enough of that... its what got us here.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Did you look for ulterior motives with any other accusers?

No, just Tweener. Reason, there are pictures that indicate their sexual touching was consensual. There's a photo of her grabbing his ass. LINK I don't see any other accusers with compromising photos.

Again, do you know if she's a Republican or Democrat?

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Sweeten

jodeke wrote:
Tweener

wew lads
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

You should think about DMR’s question Jodeke. Republicans are looking for ulterior motives against Moore’s accusers, from timing to forged signature
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Sweeten

jodeke wrote:
Tweener

wew lads

Tweener sounds more like Moore's territory.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Tweeden... excuse me.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
You should think about DMR’s question Jodeke. Republicans are looking for ulterior motives against Moore’s accusers, from timing to forged signature

I have and understand his and your point. I'm asking about one individual. I believe Moore, Franken, all accused have disrespected women. I'm asking about Tweeden. I'm suspect of her. Excuse my typos. I find it difficult to think she's doing this to forefront abuse. I lean more toward her promoting her brand. I'm not saying it's true, just a feeling.

Have any other accusers done this or this ? I won't post her Playboy photos.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

On this day in 2017:

Quote:

There are going to be people who will contort themselves into all kinds of crazy positions in order to attempt to defend Trump . . . I hope they have good orthopedists, because they are going to need them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Jodeke, I just have no desire to engage in answering your question because, frankly, I don't want to enable that being yours or anyone else's first reaction, i.e. to immediately want to find an ulterior motive (even if one also acknowledges, tangentially, that she may be telling the truth as well). We've had enough of that... its what got us here.

It wasn't immediate. I base it on photos you posted, Playboy shoots, time past and gut feeling. Also something no one has answered, is she a Republican?

I think she's promoting her brand.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

It wasn't immediate. I base it on photos you posted, Playboy shoots, time past and gut feeling. Also something no one has answered, is she a Republican?

I think she's promoting her brand.

I've seen your prior posts. That was your thought before I posted anything, which is why I don't care to answer your question nor help you to find any easy out.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 700, 701, 702 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 701 of 3663
Jump to: