THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 701, 702, 703 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Jodeke, I just have no desire to engage in answering your question because, frankly, I don't want to enable that being yours or anyone else's first reaction, i.e. to immediately want to find an ulterior motive (even if one also acknowledges, tangentially, that she may be telling the truth as well). We've had enough of that... its what got us here.

It wasn't immediate. I base it on photos you posted, Playboy shoots, time past and gut feeling. Also something no one has answered, is she a Republican?

I think she's promoting her brand.

I've seen your prior posts. That was your thought before I posted anything, which is why I don't care to answer your question nor help you to find any easy out.

I'm not looking for a out. I believe she's promoting her brand. I though that in the beginning. Is the question you don't care to answer about her political affiliation?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Jodeke, I just have no desire to engage in answering your question because, frankly, I don't want to enable that being yours or anyone else's first reaction, i.e. to immediately want to find an ulterior motive (even if one also acknowledges, tangentially, that she may be telling the truth as well). We've had enough of that... its what got us here.

It wasn't immediate. I base it on photos you posted, Playboy shoots, time past and gut feeling. Also something no one has answered, is she a Republican?

Don't make your case worse by being obtuse.

You really shouldn't accuse her "of promoting her brand", when you are admittedly and conveniently challenging her and only her while just accepting the accusations that suit your "brand".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Don't make your case worse by being obtuse.

You really shouldn't accuse her "of promoting her brand", when you are admittedly and conveniently challenging her and only her while just accepting the accusations that suit your "brand".

I didn't accuse her, I said that's what I believe. I didn't articulate that in the beginning. I think she's using this to promote her brand. Is she honestly joining the fight against abuse, I don't know? I think she's more interested in self promotion. Am I wrong, maybe, will I own my position, yes? I still don't see a answer to my question.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
I didn't accuse her, I said that's what I believe. I didn't articulate that in the beginning. I think she's using this to promote her brand. Is she honestly joining the fight against abuse, I don't know? I think she's more interested in self promotion. Am I wrong, maybe, will I own my position, yes? I still don't see a answer to my question.

Of course you did. It's right there in your own words.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Really? Where did I definitely say she's promoting her brand? I said that's what I believe. That's not a accusation.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
trmiv wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^That was Al Franken, not Robin Williams. Its the same kiss she said before she didn't want to do.

He’s probably talking about this with robin Williams

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GKERuf_hwLw

Ah, I see. None of this means that Franken didn't do more outside of that picture. However, it does make that picture very much seem like it was just a gag that was in line of what everyone in the tour was doing, including Sweeten.

This was the context I was getting at.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
trmiv wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^That was Al Franken, not Robin Williams. Its the same kiss she said before she didn't want to do.

He’s probably talking about this with robin Williams

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GKERuf_hwLw

Ah, I see. None of this means that Franken didn't do more outside of that picture. However, it does make that picture very much seem like it was just a gag that was in line of what everyone in the tour was doing, including Sweeten.

This was the context I was getting at.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Really where did I definitely say she's promoting her brand? I said that's what I believe. That's not a accusation.

Seriously?

You can't expect to be taken seriously anymore.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Really where did I definitely say she's promoting her brand? I said that's what I believe. That's not a accusation.

Seriously?

Doesn't matter. Show me where I said she was promoting her brand. Don't give me your interpretation. I'm telling you what I believe, you interpret what you choose.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Doesn't matter. Show me where I said she was promoting her brand. Don't give me your interpretation. I'm telling you what I meant, you believe what you choose.

I already did.

Personally, If I were you I'd rather just admit what's clearly on the record rather than pathetically fail at the semantics game. But by all means, you do you.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

People wanted him to resign

Based on her accusation

Credibility doesn't mean anything in sensitive cases? Accusations of a sexual matter against men are usually true so its not kind to wonder about the females version of events?

If she was sexually assaulted I'd have extreme reservations talking about any of this

She was not sexually assaulted

Sure youd think it wouldn't matter she is a trump supporter who was a host on fox sports shows and has been on our Presidents favorite show Hannity where she talked with him about her playboy photo shoot etc

I had someone make a claim on me, not sexual, but if I wouldn't have had $10,000 to force them to give a sworn deposition under threat of perjury I would be incarcerated based on accusation. They failed to show forcing the judge to drop the case.

Sworn testimony or no right to accuse /eos
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously?

Doesn't matter. Show me where I said she was promoting her brand. Don't give me your interpretation. I'm telling you what I meant, you believe what you choose.

I already did.

Personally, If I were you I'd rather just admit what's clearly on the record rather than pathetically fail at the semantics game. But by all means, you do you.

I missed it please show me again. If you show me I'll gladly relent. Not your interpretation, plain English definitively accusing her of promoting her brand.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
People wanted him to resign

Based on her accusation

Did you question anyone else's accusers?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously?

I already did.

I missed it please show me again. If you show me I'll gladly relent. Not your interpretation, plain English definitively accusing her of promoting her brand.

It's right there in the quote tree. You're either being grossly disingenuous or dementia has fully kicked in.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

We've all assumed this was happening, but this is new reporting:

ABC News: Special Counsel sends wide-ranging request for documents to Justice Department

Quote:
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating whether President Donald Trump sought to obstruct a federal inquiry into connections between his presidential campaign and Russian operatives has now directed the Justice Department to turn over a broad array of documents, ABC News has learned.

In particular, Mueller's investigators are keen to obtain emails related to the firing of FBI Director James Comey and the earlier decision of Attorney General Jeff Sessions to recuse himself from the entire matter, according to a source who has not seen the specific request but was told about it.

Issued within the past month, the directive marks the special counsel's first records request to the Justice Department, and it means Mueller is now demanding documents from the department overseeing his investigation.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously?

I already did.

It's right there in the quote tree. You're either being grossly disingenuous or dementia has fully kicked in.

The quote tree.

Quote:
If you show me something different I'll relent.

By the By I'm in full control of my mentality. Don't resort to insults. I think you're better than that.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

In response to CL's article...I maintain hope that something will come of all of this, but I remain skeptical. Its not that I don't think progress is being made, but, ultimately, it comes down to Trump actually being impeached (even if most around him go down for him). Given the reaction to Moore, its never been more uncertain as to whether his own party will care what is proven. I'm rather sure they already know he's colluded, so how much will a second confirmation matter to them (or their voters)?

Also, if Trump is gone, we're stuck with Pence who likely isn't any better, and is probably even worse (since he doesn't tweet, so no distractions from his agenda).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
In response to CL's article...I maintain hope that something will come of all of this, but I remain skeptical. Its not that I don't think progress is being made, but, ultimately, it comes down to Trump actually being impeached (even if most around him go down for him). Given the reaction to Moore, its never been more uncertain as to whether his own party will care what is proven. I'm rather sure they already know he's colluded, so how much will a second confirmation matter to them (or their voters)?

Also, if Trump is gone, we're stuck with Pence who likely isn't any better, and is probably even worse (since he doesn't tweet, so no distractions from his agenda).

Get out of my head!

This is exactly what is going through my mind at this point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously?

I already did.

The quote tree.

Quote:

By the By I'm in full control of my mentality. Don't resort to insults. I think you're better than that.

Dude, the only insulting that is going on is you insulting everyone's intelligence by attempting to use semantics in your failed attempt to avoid accepting responsibility for your own words.

And with that, I am done indulging your nonsense.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Are we in danger of becoming a plutocracy? Trump has done more to damage our democratic way of government in 303 days than any president in history.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

I hear you, but...

If the Democrats take back the House in 2018, they could bring impeachment charges.

With regard to a trial in the Senate, the Senate Republicans are somewhat more reasonable than House R's. Their constituents aren't gerrymandered the same way as the House, so they have more broad constituencies and have 6 year terms.

Pence is neck deep in the Russian stuff too. He oversaw the transition and no doubt was copied on all these meetings.

If Kushner and Jr. end up indicted (in addition to Manafort & Flynn), it will be one helluva reality show and all bets are off.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I hear you, but...

If the Democrats take back the House in 2018, they could bring impeachment charges.

With regard to a trial in the Senate, the Senate Republicans are somewhat more reasonable than House R's. Their constituents aren't gerrymandered the same way as the House, so they have more broad constituencies and have 6 year terms.

Pence is neck deep in the Russian stuff too. He oversaw the transition and no doubt was copied on all these meetings.

If Kushner and Jr. end up indicted (in addition to Manafort & Flynn), it will be one helluva reality show and all bets are off.

I think we are all in agreement in regards to what we'd like to see happen. There's just a long and difficult path to navigate to get to that point, and even if successful, where does that leave us?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously?

I already did.

The quote tree.

Quote:

Dude, the only insulting that is going on is you insulting everyone's intelligence by attempting to use semantics in your failed attempt to avoid accepting responsibility for your own words.

And with that, I am done indulging your nonsense.

OK spokesman. Show me what I asked for. I gave you a quote saying what I meant. Reciprocate. Don't side step, show me a quote saying I said she was promoting her brand, I said I think. What you're doing is voicing your interpretation. Semantics is a side step. SHOW ME.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
We've all assumed this was happening, but this is new reporting:

ABC News: Special Counsel sends wide-ranging request for documents to Justice Department

Quote:
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team investigating whether President Donald Trump sought to obstruct a federal inquiry into connections between his presidential campaign and Russian operatives has now directed the Justice Department to turn over a broad array of documents, ABC News has learned.

In particular, Mueller's investigators are keen to obtain emails related to the firing of FBI Director James Comey and the earlier decision of Attorney General Jeff Sessions to recuse himself from the entire matter, according to a source who has not seen the specific request but was told about it.

Issued within the past month, the directive marks the special counsel's first records request to the Justice Department, and it means Mueller is now demanding documents from the department overseeing his investigation.

Can anyone create something that denies trump or anyone the right to fire Mueller unless some extremely specific set of rules have been broken?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

If Pence goes down with Trump, that would be a dream... although doesn't Ryan take over at that point?

And its still interesting that Flynn hasn't bee charged yet. He seemed like the lowest of the hanging fruit. It likely means he cooperating to some extent, probably to protect his son. I read he was concerned about his son's involvement. It wouldn't be a surprise if he let himself go down with the ship in exchange for immunity for his son.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 701, 702, 703 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 702 of 3663
Jump to: