THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 737, 738, 739 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Rubio says he's a no on Tax bill unless child tax credit is expanded.

There are many, many moving parts on this. Pence delayed his trip to Israel so he could be the tie-breaking vote just in case.

Corker already voted no last time -- because he's retiring and can make a statement against raising deficits.

Rand Paul threatened to vote no because of deficits, but we haven't heard from him in a while, they could have offered him something in secret.

Susan Collins hasn't made up her mind but they already left out 3 items she was supposedly holding out for. Her offices are jammed with protesters, but she's hasn't tipped her hand.

Murkowski is leaning yes and she has been bombarded by constituent protesters everywhere she goes.

People are protesting everywhere, including Red states. If these were Tea Party protests they be live on every channel. But Corporate Media who stands to benefit from huge tax breaks can't be bothered to cover regular Americans fighting for their own survival.

McCain knows this is not regular order and the backdoor attack on ACA is supposedly against the principles that killed the ACA bill. Joe Biden was nice to his daughter on TV because he's dying of cancer, so maybe he can repay the empathy by not killing people whose cancer treatments will be cut off if he votes for this monstrosity. ::notholdingmybreath::

GOP also just decided to let some middle class tax benefits expire sooner so they could give the wealthiest an even bigger tax cut. They lowered the top individual tax rate another 2 percentage points than what they already passed. They are like the caricature of themselves at this point. Unfingbelievable.

Trump's street cred with congressional GOP not as solid with three straight election losses for his candidates. Grassley (who is usually a Trump sycophant) suddenly pulled two judge nominees because of their shoddy resumes, even though it's been known for a while.

GOP presented this as a done deal. It may go through yet, but it's not a done deal. Still time to call Congress -- any vote won't be until next week at the earliest.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
20,000 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
BREAKING: FCC votes to repeal net neutrality with a 3-2 vote.

I guess the days of Lakersground is over, as Comcast and others will charge more if we don't use ClubLakers exclusively.

2017 year of the Kleptocrats..

This is another worst thing ever to happen

No more filing a paper in court to find out the exact IP address hint (your home address) of a website and its members talks bad about Dear Leader.. just call them up.. they own your everything now

"All your data are belong to us"

FCC can't police this anymore

Welcome to everything backwards ala RePutincans

RIP LakersGround

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

anyone that votes for this should be forever on the front page of one of the newspapers as

Criminals

plain and simple

They have had a lot a lot of input as to what is really in this bill

They don't need more time. Either just say you love hurting American Citizens and be over with it or SAY NO

if McCain votes yes on this he should go down as Trumps little whore slut lipsticked pig coward with ZERO allegiance to the GREAT PEOPLE of this country

It is a sad moment in my life when I can actually see politicians as worse people than i already did
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

I'm no tech wizard, but I have a bad feeling about this:

'Intentional' event redirects cloud traffic from Apple, Google & others through Russia

Quote:
Internet traffic coming into and out of Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and other companies was briefly redirected through a Russian provider on Wednesday, in what appears to have been a deliberate move.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I no tech wizard, but I have a bad feeling about this:

'Intentional' event redirects cloud traffic from Apple, Google & others through Russia

Quote:
Internet traffic coming into and out of Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and other companies was briefly redirected through a Russian provider on Wednesday, in what appears to have been a deliberate move.

Trussia?

here is another nice Russia internet story
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/as-us-launches-ddos-attacks-n-korea-gets-more-bandwidth-from-russia/
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

I am reading that John McCain may not make the tax bill vote due to his cancer treatment. If that’s the case, if Susan Collins and Bob Corker vote no, the bill fails 49 to 50.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
I am reading that John McCain may not make the tax bill vote due to his cancer treatment. If that’s the case, if Susan Collins and Bob Corker vote no, the bill fails 49 to 50.

Start charging him for hospital stays and bill him for all his chemo and surgeries.. might change his mind.. can't change a heart he doesn't have

RePutincans will find a loophole to allow a Teleconference Vote from McCain

*I apologize for being so pessimistic..
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I no tech wizard, but I have a bad feeling about this:

Quote:

What's next? are we gonna skip the winter olympics too cause comrade is banned?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

And from this morning: Washiongton Post: Doubting the intelligence, Trump pursues Putin and leaves a Russian threat unchecked

Quote:
In the final days before Donald Trump was sworn in as president, members of his inner circle pleaded with him to acknowledge publicly what U.S. intelligence agencies had already concluded — that Russia’s interference in the 2016 election was real.

Holding impromptu interventions in Trump’s 26th-floor corner office at Trump Tower, advisers — including Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and designated chief of staff, Reince Priebus — prodded the president-elect to accept the findings that the nation’s spy chiefs had personally presented to him on Jan. 6.

They sought to convince Trump that he could affirm the validity of the intelligence without diminishing his electoral win, according to three officials involved in the sessions. More important, they said that doing so was the only way to put the matter behind him politically and free him to pursue his goal of closer ties with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin.

“This was part of the normalization process,” one participant said. “There was a big effort to get him to be a standard president.”

But as aides persisted, Trump became agitated. He railed that the intelligence couldn’t be trusted and scoffed at the suggestion that his candidacy had been propelled by forces other than his own strategy, message and charisma.

Quote:
Nearly a year into his presidency, Trump continues to reject the evidence that Russia waged an assault on a pillar of American democracy and supported his run for the White House.

The result is without obvious parallel in U.S. history, a situation in which the personal insecurities of the president — and his refusal to accept what even many in his administration regard as objective reality — have impaired the government’s response to a national security threat. The repercussions radiate across the government.

Rather than search for ways to deter Kremlin attacks or safeguard U.S. elections, Trump has waged his own campaign to discredit the case that Russia poses any threat and he has resisted or attempted to roll back efforts to hold Moscow to account.

Quote:
Trump has never convened a Cabinet-level meeting on Russian interference or what to do about it, administration officials said. Although the issue has been discussed at lower levels at the National Security Council, one former high-ranking Trump administration official said there is an unspoken understanding within the NSC that to raise the matter is to acknowledge its validity, which the president would see as an affront.

Quote:
U.S. officials declined to discuss whether the stream of recent intelligence on Russia has been shared with Trump. Current and former officials said that his daily intelligence update — known as the president’s daily brief, or PDB — is often structured to avoid upsetting him.

“If you talk about Russia, meddling, interference — that takes the PDB off the rails,” said a second former senior U.S. intelligence official.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Will Financial theft ever be considered a "Violent Crime" when said theft will
knowingly and with premeditation cause loss of life or incredible pain and suffering.

I read a lot of people saying we need to remain democratic and fight this all legally and with votes etc..

this Tax Cut is part of a Criminal Cabal that will care less about your family and does not care if granny is connected to life support.. medicare/medicaid gets hurt bad and so will granny

This tax cut is violence just done with pens and paper...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I just read part of a Paul Krugman cynical take on the GOP jamming through an unpopular tax bill (Link):

He theorizes that many of them know a Blue wave is coming, and figuring they are on their way out of Congress, they are doing the bidding of their donors -- who will soon be their new employers! Wall Street, K-Street, Fox News, etc etc.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I just read part of a Paul Krugman cynical take on the GOP jamming through an unpopular tax bill (Link):

He theorizes that many of them know a Blue wave is coming, and figuring they are on their way out of Congress, they are doing the bidding of their donors -- who will soon be their new employers! Wall Street, K-Street, Fox News, etc etc.

These people get a benefit of $139,000 a year for life + SS after age 50 for some. I don't know how many terms must be served or age requirements.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

There are rumors that Paul Ryan will retire soon, as he has accomplished what he has been planning since he was a little kid: screw most Americans.

He can make millions once he leaves Congress as a reward for what he has done, ala Cantor and others.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
There are rumors that Paul Ryan will retire soon, as he has accomplished what he has been planning since he was a little kid: screw most Americans.

He can make millions once he leaves Congress as a reward for what he has done, ala Cantor and others.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Since the central theme of Trumps presidency seems to be undoing anything and everything that Obama did (I suspect they'd resuscitate OBL if they could...), I wonder if the theme of the coming blue wave, if it happens, will be to undo anything and everything that Trump did.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

For those that want more in depth journalism on Russia-backed American interference (political and financial), I highly recommend reading the columns written by Julia Ioffe, some of which have been linked below.

What Putin Really Wants [The Atlantic 01/18]

Russian Money in Silicon Valley [The Atlantic 11/17]

And one for the Youtube generation: The Putin Files: Julia Ioffe [PBS Frontline 10/17]

This one published by the Guardian shows how Kushner and his real estate investment company Cadre operates with help from Russian-backed money from Yuri Milner and billionaire oligarch Alisher Usmanov.

Russia Funded American Social Media Investments [The Guardian 11/17]

Good reads/watch, although a bit long.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Will Financial theft ever be considered a "Violent Crime" when said theft will
knowingly and with premeditation cause loss of life or incredible pain and suffering.

I read a lot of people saying we need to remain democratic and fight this all legally and with votes etc..

this Tax Cut is part of a Criminal Cabal that will care less about your family and does not care if granny is connected to life support.. medicare/medicaid gets hurt bad and so will granny

This tax cut is violence just done with pens and paper...

I completely agree
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

In other news Ohio Republicans compete for the title of "Scum of the Earth"

I suggest Ohio Republicans should raise the unwanted Downs' children without governmental support. Human scum
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ohio-abortion/ohio-passes-law-barring-abortion-over-down-syndrome-diagnosis-idUSKBN1E736O
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-votes?id=GA132-SB-164
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
In other news Ohio Republicans compete for the title of "Scum of the Earth"

I suggest Ohio Republicans should raise the unwanted Downs' children without governmental support. Human scum
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ohio-abortion/ohio-passes-law-barring-abortion-over-down-syndrome-diagnosis-idUSKBN1E736O
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-votes?id=GA132-SB-164

Imagine if Jesus came back today and met Trump.. or any RePutincans.. they would lock him up for something just to shut him up...

I am sure it is LOVE that compels these RePutincans to tell these women what they are allowed to do with the fetus inside her womb... Demanding the child be raised in a world run by RePutincans..
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
BREAKING: FCC votes to repeal net neutrality with a 3-2 vote.

I guess the days of Lakersground is over, as Comcast and others will charge more if we don't use ClubLakers exclusively.

2017 year of the Kleptocrats..

This is another worst thing ever to happen

No more filing a paper in court to find out the exact IP address hint (your home address) of a website and its members talks bad about Dear Leader.. just call them up.. they own your everything now

"All your data are belong to us"

FCC can't police this anymore

Welcome to everything backwards ala RePutincans

What we need is a future administration reenacting the Telecom act of 1996. Nothing good ever comes out of leaving innovation in the hands of a monopoly that includes the likes of Comcast and Verizons .... this is a terrible ruling.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Corker is a YES on the tax bill. He’s not running for re-election, so he won’t have to deal with the political fallout, plus he’s setting himself up for a cushy lobbying job after he’s out. Make America Gilded Again.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
Corker is a YES on the tax bill. He’s not running for re-election, so he won’t have to deal with the political fallout, plus he’s setting himself up for a cushy lobbying job after he’s out. Make America Gilded Again.

lol Corker
What a joke. Can't even make a symbolic protest for his "conservative ideals"
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:

lol Corker

Conservative ideals:
Big government intrusion into people's homes
Absurd military expenditure (for cronyism)
Fellating the rich at every opportunity no matter what
(bleep) the poor because they're not humans
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:

lol Corker

I wonder

Did Corker receive a huge infusion to any of his foundations or whatever he may receive donations to
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

California lawmakers propose $1billion annual health coverage for illegals

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/California-Lawmakers-Propose-1-Billion-Annual-Health-Coverage-For-Undocumented-Immigrants-464203183.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 737, 738, 739 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 738 of 3673
Jump to: