THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 739, 740, 741 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
When it comes right down to it, the GOP stands for protecting the wealthy, themselves and corporations first, last and always. Over their constituents, the environment, over education, over health care, over everything but lining their own pockets.

The party is now 100% completely corrupt and without principles or morals.

The Republicans have basically been like that since Reagan. Democrats have either been too slow to figure that out or have been corrupt themselves, and therefore tried to reach across the aisle in the Clinton and Obama years. Private prisons, the dismantling of the New Deal social safety net, ignoring HIV/AIDS in the 80s and being virulently anti-gay, ignoring scientists who have conclusively told them about human-caused climate change since the late 80s, the Iraq War, torture, Gitmo, unconstitutional surveillance state using private contractors, the revolving door, the Citizens United decision.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I agree they've always been some version of this. But what's happening now is several orders of magnitude worse.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
In case Trump fires Mueller, there are plans for an immediate nationwide protest. Here is a link where you can put in your zip code and find protest plans near you. If Mueller is fired before 2 pm, the plan is to protest starting at 5 pm. If he's fired after that, protests begin the next day at 12 noon.

Move On Link

No one, I mean no one, should take a Mueller firing sitting down. Well, except his hillbilly, uneducated, KKK followers. Demonstrations unlike nobody has ever seen should be taking place everywhere. And a nationwide strike to paralyze his government should be called.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

It could either be the end of our country as we know it, or it could energize millions of people to reaffirm what this country stands for.

I know where I will be if Mueller is fired.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
It could either be the end of our country as we know it, or it could energize millions of people to reaffirm what this country stands for.

If Trump gets away with firing Mueller it will be the end of our country as we know it. If this tax bill passes it will be a step in the wrong direction.

I'm on record saying I believe Republicans will turn on Trump. I don't know when or why, I just believe it will happen. Firing Mueller may be the straw.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Some of the poorest have to commute to work the furthest. Don't know how they'll implement a tax based on mileage when a)people aren't forthcoming on how much they traverse on their daily commute and b)different modes of transport consume various amounts of energy/mile.

Says they will put a tracker on every car....I'll assume there will be huge privacy concerns regarding this idea.

Might as well charge people with misdemeanors and mandate breathalyzers to every ignition system. It's unconstitutional.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
In case Trump fires Mueller, there are plans for an immediate nationwide protest. Here is a link where you can put in your zip code and find protest plans near you. If Mueller is fired before 2 pm, the plan is to protest starting at 5 pm. If he's fired after that, protests begin the next day at 12 noon.

Move On Link

No one, I mean no one, should take a Mueller firing sitting down. Well, except his hillbilly, uneducated, KKK followers. Demonstrations unlike nobody has ever seen should be taking place everywhere. And a nationwide strike to paralyze his government should be called.

^^^only way is if it actually causes problems.. He has no care for your protests or marches et al...

Just remember what kind of criminals we are fighting
https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04/trump-white-house-weighing-plans-for-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

Protests.. He will just say "smallest crowd size in history"

I don't understand why the CIA even protects him
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

That mileage tax is legit.. same thing they do to Truckers
I don't have a dog in this fight though
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

maybe this is why there are rumors of Mueller getting fired

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-apos-sensitive-apos-jared-214619003.html

Mueller Has 'Sensitive' Jared Kushner Emails and Thousands More From Trump Transition, Report Says

The special counsel’s office got ahold of “tens of thousands” of emails from President Donald Trump’s transition team, including “sensitive” ones of senior White House adviser and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team reportedly received the emails from 12 accounts from the General Services Administration, which served as the host for the transition team’s system, Axios reported Saturday citing transition team sources.

One of the accounts included roughly 7,000 emails, and the messages detailed seemingly everything about the transition like foreign policy, strategies on a variety of policies, Trump’s political nominees and their weaknesses and other “gossip.”
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

If Trump gets away with firing Mueller it will be the end of our country as we know it. If this tax bill passes it will be a step in the wrong direction.

I'm on record saying I believe Republicans will turn on Trump. I don't know when or why, I just believe it will happen. Firing Mueller may be the straw.

Don't hold your breath
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Don't hold your breath

Doing that could possibly cause my demise. KEEP DA FAITH BABY!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what Mueller has in the form of sealed indictments or other protections for this contingency. He's too smart not to know that Saturday Night Massacre II has been a real possibility all along, and that his time may be limited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I wonder what Mueller has in the form of sealed indictments or other protections for this contingency. He's too smart not to know that Saturday Night Massacre II has been a real possibility all along, and that his time may be limited.

Maddow had a great legal panel Friday night and they touched on this. They all firmly believe plans are in place to hand off to various state AGs and regional prosecutors - particularly Schneiderman in NYC, and/or back over to FBI. I'm sure there are sealed indictments.

Basically, Trump can't stop anything that is already in the legal system. The 20 or so attorneys Mueller has working for him would probably just shift over to a new jurisdiction. And I'm sure they already have copies of everything waiting to be safely whisked off in case Trump tries a Nixon-like lock-down on the Special Counsel facility.

When Preet Bharara was fired by Trump, he sent copies of everything he was working on over to Eric Schneiderman before he vacated his office.

Expect there to be legal challenges if Trump gets Mueller fired without sufficient cause. The panel believed it could end up in the Supreme Court.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Also, I believe if Trump becomes an unindicted co-conspirator, that would impact his ability to pardon. He can't pardon someone he's in a conspiracy with in order to protect himself.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

A year later, former NATO commander Wesley Clark learned of a classified Defense Department memo stating that U.S. policy was now to “attack and destroy the governments in seven countries in five years,” first Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran. (Quote starts at 2:07.)

https://www.globalresearch.ca/when-washington-cheered-the-jihadists/5622149?utm_campaign=magnet&utm_source=article_page&utm_medium=related_articles

scary website

read to find out who the terrorist backers are
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-could-fire-mueller-next-153524743.html

Trump Could Fire Mueller Next Week Before Christmas When Congress Is Gone, Rep Says

Democratic Congresswoman Jackie Spier said Friday the “rumor on the Hill” is that President Donald Trump intends to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller next week when Congress is gone for the holidays.

Should Trump go through with the unconfirmed rumor, Spier said an “effort” for impeachment would follow.

Spier added Republicans are aiming to shut down the House Intelligence Committee’s own Trump-Russia investigation and likened Trump’s possible firing of the special counsel to that of former President Richard Nixon’s infamous “Saturday Night Massacre.”

Her comments reflected those of the House committee’s ranking Democrat Rep. Adam Schiff, also of California, who stated Friday he was worried about the committee’s status and that of Mueller.

“The rumor on the Hill when I left yesterday was that the president was going to make a significant speech at the end of next week,” Spier told KQED. “And on Dec. 22nd, when we are out of D.C., he was going to fire Robert Mueller.”

With Republicans maintaining majorities in both chambers of Congress, impeachment remains a long shot given its inherent political nature. But a dismissal of Mueller, whose probe Trump has previously called a “witch hunt,” could be too much for the GOP to ignore.

“That is Saturday massacre 2.0,” she said. “Without a doubt there would be an impeachment effort.”

My parents watch Fox and as much as I try to avoid propaganda, sometimes it's impossible. What's shocking is how obvious their propaganda campaign to normalize Mueller's firing is. They don't even try to hide it. I would be very surprised if it didn't happen.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

In response to the GOP/Trump/Fox News making a big stink about Mueller obtaining Trump transition team emails which were on a government server, Mueller's office makes a rare public statement:

Quote:
Evan Pérez‏Verified account @evanperez

Peter Carr, Special Counsel spokesman:
“When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process.”

1) They obtained the emails legally. All they had to do was ask for them because all emails on government servers are government property. One branch of government asked another branch of government for emails related to an ongoing criminal investigation, and they were obliged to turn them over.

2) Yes, that's right - this is a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION of people on the transition team. This is not just possible obstruction of justice or Russian meddling or Manafort's past behavior, or Flynn's lying to the FBI.

3) When all these White House lawyers, Kushner, Trump Jr, etc. were questioned by Mueller's team, they didn't realize Mueller already had their emails so if they lied to Mueller, BOOM - indictments coming.

That's why the right-wing media industrial complex is freaking out. Mueller most likely has black & white evidence on all of them. If nothing else, he could have sealed indictments for lying to the FBI/DOJ before Trump gets a chance to fire him. In other words, this would all be in the criminal justice pipeline and the freight train would keep going forward whether Mueller was fired or not.

Oh, the irony if EMAILS are the thing that brings them all down.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Also on the Trump transition team via wikipedia:

Quote:
The Trump transition team was led by Vice President-elect Mike Pence. It originally had six vice-chairs, which was expanded on November 29, 2016 to thirteen vice-chairs: Ben Carson, Chris Christie (previously head of the transition from May 2016 through election day), Michael Flynn (incoming National Security Advisor), Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Jeff Sessions (incoming Attorney General), with the addition of K. T. McFarland (incoming Deputy National Security Advisor), Gov. Mary Fallin, Sen. Tim Scott, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (previously on the executive committee), Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Rep. Tom Reed, and outgoing Rep. Cynthia Lummis.

The transition team also had an Executive Committee which included:

Steve Bannon, Trump campaign CEO; named Counselor to the President on November 13
Rep. Lou Barletta
Rep. Marsha Blackburn (moved to vice-chair)
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Rep. Chris Collins
Rep. Tom Marino
Rebekah Mercer – director of the Mercer Family Foundation and daughter of major Trump (and Cruz) donor Robert Mercer.
Steven Mnuchin — former partner at Goldman Sachs,[77] incoming Secretary of the Treasury
Rep. Devin Nunes
Reince Priebus — Republican National Committee chairman; named incoming White House Chief of Staff on November 13
Anthony Scaramucci — Hedge-fund manager and founder of investment firm SkyBridge Capital, formerly at Goldman Sachs
Peter Thiel – Co-founder of PayPal, now a venture capitalist involved in several groups including Clarium Capital and Founders Fund.[78]
Donald Trump Jr.
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner
, businessman; husband of Ivanka Trump
Additional executive committee members added on November 29, 2016:

Rep. Sean Duffy
Rep. Trey Gowdy
Rep. Dennis Ross
Pastor Darrell C. Scott
Kiron Skinner

Gee, hope they didn't say anything incriminating in their emails.

Merry Christmas!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Interesting that there is only one current senator on that list, while there are tons of representatives, including the head of the congressional committee looking into Russia (nunes), but also the guy who replaced him when he semi recused himself (gowdy).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Interesting that there is only one current senator on that list, while there are tons of representatives, including the head of the congressional committee looking into Russia (nunes), but also the guy who replaced him when he semi recused himself (gowdy).

Gowdy, Nunes and all the rest of the complicit GOP rats trying to impede the investigation are trying to save their own necks in addition to protecting Trump.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Clinton's e-mail leak = LOCK HER UP!

Trump's e-mail 'leak' = UNCONSTITUTIONAL!

Kory Langhofer (Trump's attorney): Unauthorized Review of Private, Privileged Materials by the Special Council's Office
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

“I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” the Republican nominee said at a news conference in Florida. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-putin-no-relationship-226282

Emails Trump. No big deal here creep

Thank you Mueller

#Winning

(bleep) you Trump

Mueller has just given the actual Patriots of the USA
a sweet Christmas present
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention Trump's lawyers are whining about "executive privilege" for some of these emails. Trump was not yet the president, he has no right to executive privilege! Just like he had no right to be negotiating with the Russians or anyone else yet (and Obama administration expressly asked them not to). We have one president at a time and the Trump teams desire to get in there and start running the country before the actual inauguration was ridiculous.

They are also claiming that all expansive "attorney client privilege" again just because some of the people involved may be lawyers. Some of our LG legal eagles can weigh in but my (admittedly limited) understanding is that one person has to have actually engaged an attorney as their attorney and the discussion is limited to private conversations that involve legal advice. So forwarding an email to someone who happens to be a lawyer and discussing anything else from their sandwich order for lunch to "gee isn't it great how Russia helped us win the election with that DNC hack" is not an attorney client privileged conversation.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Gowdy, Nunes and all the rest of the complicit GOP rats trying to impede the investigation are trying to save their own necks in addition to protecting Trump.

I knew Nunes was involved with the transition, I did not realize Gowdy was. Explains a lot.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
And it's even worse and more corrupt. They don't even care how it appears. Just completely corrupt and craven.

Quote:
David Sirota‏Verified account @davidsirota

BREAKING: GOP leaders inserted last-minute provision into final tax bill that could enrich top GOP lawmakers and President Donald Trump’s real estate empire

One of those top GOP lawmakers? Bob Corker.

I guess Corker figured no one would notice but after having people call it the #CorkerKickback, having people call his office all weekend to tell him he was a sellout and hounding him on twitter, now he's trying to pretend he didn't know anything about it and now has questions:

Quote:
Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

Corker writes to Hatch and asks him about a provision in the bill that Corker would reportedly benefit from. Said he had no knowledge of it before he changed his position. Asks for more details as soon as possible

Lying slimebags.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Had to spend time with a dedicated Trumper recently.
I could go on tangents about Fox News/Infowars/O'Reilly/Hannity sound bites, misinformation, disinformation, intellectual dishonesty, hypocrisy, etc. I won't.

My biggest takeaway was... I miss the old conversations I had with fiscal conservatives. Back before Obama was a household name. Even though past fiscal conservatives were full of (bleep). They at least swayed me to understanding (but not endorsing) their way of thinking.

They'd explain to me how X fiscally conservative tax plan would raise the median or mode income/salary. Even if it didn''t raise the mean. I miss those convos. Where they'd tell me, while factoring in inflation through the years. The ranges for top 5%/10%/20% could improve with X tax plan (compared to the status quo for past generations).

But those days have gone and past. Trump is the new standard for the right wing.
I just hope our future President Lavar Ball turns things around. I'm joking. Kinda. I have as much respect for Trump as I do Lavar. I think they are both equally qualified to be President.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 739, 740, 741 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 740 of 3663
Jump to: