THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 740, 741, 742 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Jeffrey+Lovitky

Lets be sure to cheer this guy on and keep a watch on his safety

https://www.google.com/search?q=Jeffrey+Lovitky+sues+kushner+ivanka

Send this family to work in the coal mines

Quote:

Lovitky also states that for several investment funds, Kushner did not list the assets because of a "preexisting confidentiality agreement."

"The EIGA does not allow a reporting individual to refuse to disclose the underlying assets of an investment vehicle, on the basis that such disclosure would violate a pre-existing confidentiality agreement. Nor does the EIGA allow a reporting individual to refuse to disclose the amount of income derived from any underlying asset of an investment vehicle, on the basis that such disclosure would violate a pre-existing confidentiality agreement," the lawsuit reads.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BREAKING: Orrin Hatch admits he wrote controversial tax provision, which enriches @SenBobCorker, Donald Trump, @SpeakerRyan and a handful of top GOP lawmakers. Experts slam Hatch for pretending the provision isn't new. Our story:

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/942835086315085824
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
BREAKING: Orrin Hatch admits he wrote controversial tax provision, which enriches @SenBobCorker, Donald Trump, @SpeakerRyan and a handful of top GOP lawmakers. Experts slam Hatch for pretending the provision isn't new. Our story:

I just want to know what Morrin Hatch would do if he saw me or my friends

Sneaking some $20's and $50's out of his wifes purse or his wallet?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

We just accidentally witnessed how they act as lobbyists

"Here.. slip this in and we just bought a vote"

They should both be removed or immediately sent to a ethics investigation.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

What you're saying is Un-American. Stop being one of those whiner welfare queens. Wish I actually believed in God and that these people would get punished, but that's not going to happen.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
On Saturday, [Corker] told IBT he could not have changed his vote out of self-interest because he had in fact not read the bill and was unaware of the provision.

Hilarious. To think "not reading the bill" is his defense.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
On Saturday, [Corker] told IBT he could not have changed his vote out of self-interest because he had in fact not read the bill and was unaware of the provision.

Hilarious. To think "not reading the bill" is his defense.

And we let them exist with so little accountability that most people didn't even catch the fact that he didn't even read what he is voting on.. Another jail-able offense if I had my way

If you can't do your job then you are obviously fired. But if I ran the country.. that comment right there would have some sort of "Congressional Police Force" that would arrest Corker and Hatch immediately. That is called Theft in the country I was raised in.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

What you're saying is Un-American. Stop being one of those whiner welfare queens. Wish I actually believed in God and that these people would get punished, but that's not going to happen.

They want you to fear God
Fear your neighbor if not white
Fear all other countries
Fear other leaders
Fear the news

This site details on plenty of pages how the US helped develop/fund/arm ISIS so they could destroy the governments of other countries
https://www.globalresearch.ca/weapons-went-from-the-cia-to-isis-in-less-than-two-months/5622976

Here we are in America fighting about sexual harassment while we arm terrorists and arm saudi arabia who has bombs its neighbor Yemen into one of the worst FAMINE AND CHOLERA outbreaks in history of civilizaton
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/oct/12/yemen-cholera-outbreak-worst-in-history-1-million-cases-by-end-of-year
https://www.democracynow.org/2017/12/14/us_backed_saudi_air_campaign_in

China won't buy anymore bonds supposedly too..

What next.. Nuclear War?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Senate Intel committee now investigating Jill Stein and a second, unnamed campaign regarding Russian collusion.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Senate Intel committee now investigating Jill Stein and a second, unnamed campaign regarding Russian collusion.

I knew she was a whack-job, and now it appears she might be a treasonous whack-job.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I knew she was a whack-job, and now it appears she might be a treasonous whack-job.

It's pretty clear the Russians wanted anyone but Hillary in office, and found both the Trump campaign and some of the far left only too willing to help.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Trump considered pulling Gorsuch nomination

Quote:
Trump, according to several people with knowledge of the discussions, was upset that Gorsuch had pointedly distanced himself from the president in a private February meeting with Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), telling the senator he found Trump’s repeated attacks on the federal judiciary “disheartening” and “demoralizing.”

The president worried that Gorsuch would not be “loyal,” one of the people said, and told aides that he was tempted to pull Gorsuch’s nomination — and that he knew plenty of other judges who would want the job.

Quote:
It is unclear whether Trump’s “explosion,” as another administration official described it, truly put Gorsuch’s nomination in jeopardy or whether the president was expressing his frustration aloud, as he often does. But at the time, some in the White House and on Capitol Hill feared that Gorsuch’s confirmation — which had been shaping up to be one of the clearest triumphs of Trump’s tumultuous young presidency — was on the verge of going awry.

Quote:
Trump was especially upset by what he viewed as Gorsuch’s insufficient gratitude for a lifetime appointment to the nation’s highest court, White House officials said.

paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

lots of media attention on how this provision was added but no outrage on why it's not getting removed.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

It's pretty clear the Russians wanted anyone but Hillary in office, and found both the Trump campaign and some of the far left only too willing to help.

Yup...this is exactly right and it is something that I have felt for a long time. Putin was looking to use and exploit the far left (using Jill Stein and others), as well as prop up anyone on the right in the general to go against HRC. Their preference was always Donald, and curiously (and suspiciously), he ended up winning...

What sealed it for me was when Putin had both Flynn (who was already supporting Trump) and Stein (who was one of the main mouth piece's for the far left against HRC) seated with him during that RT event a couple years back...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

^^^^ Fool me once.....Have the Dems learned anything?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Senator John Cornyn‏
@JohnCornyn Under#TaxCutsandJobsAct a married couple earning $100,000 per year ($60,000 from wages, $25,000 from their non-corporate business, and $15,000 in business income) will receive a tax cut of $2,603.50, a reduction of nearly 24 percent.

I don't think a family like this exists in this country.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
Senator John Cornyn‏
@JohnCornyn Under#TaxCutsandJobsAct a married couple earning $100,000 per year ($60,000 from wages, $25,000 from their non-corporate business, and $15,000 in business income) will receive a tax cut of $2,603.50, a reduction of nearly 24 percent.

Those numbers are probably fake even

Like when McDonalds or Burger King show you their latest burger. It is perfection... but when you get the actual thing.. KAKA
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
Senator John Cornyn‏

How many do you think will take Cornyn's, Trumps word, this is a typical American family?

Until Donald became president I had no idea our country was so overstocked with gullibility.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

I think the numbers are probably correct, it's just that this scenario affects no one.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

The entire GOP was going to vote for this Tax Scam bill no matter what was in it. They "needed" to pass one piece of major legislation to show they were "doing something." They figured they might as well fill it with as much pork for themselves and their rich donors as possible. They don't care about real constituents. They don't care about popular opinion (Obamacare at 55% approval has higher numbers than Tax Scam at about 33%), they don't care how many people they hurt, how many people will die because they lose their insurance. Apparently, they don't even care about being re-elected because they'll leave Congress richer and have fat jobs on Wall St, K-St, etc waiting for them.

RIP Democracy.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The entire GOP was going to vote for this Tax Scam bill no matter what was in it. They "needed" to pass one piece of major legislation to show they were "doing something." They figured they might as well fill it with as much pork for themselves and their rich donors as possible. They don't care about real constituents. They don't care about popular opinion (Obamacare at 55% approval has higher numbers than Tax Scam at about 33%), they don't care how many people they hurt, how many people will die because they lose their insurance. Apparently, they don't even care about being re-elected because they'll leave Congress richer and have fat jobs on Wall St, K-St, etc waiting for them.

RIP Democracy.

they also know very few people really know how horrible politicians really are.

It takes a citizen a lot of work to finally realize how disgusting our political system is

Once they find out most just feel it is hopeless to give a (bleep) because these criminals have never ever changed

What is honest fair punishment for criminal politicians.. not just booted out of office.. right? they are responsible for incredible amounts of pain and suffering

I really do think it is so broken nothing will ever fix it. Trump voters would let this bankrupt in every way human launch nukes if he wanted to...

Can citizens file a class action lawsuit against RePutincans since they have admitted they didn't even read the criminal bill they are using to steal money from American citizens?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

The only recourse for regular citizens right now is the ballot box in 2018.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

RIP Democracy.

In fairness, they DO care. A lot of those bugs in the tax code that hurt poor and minority and working class people are actually features of the bill to a group of people who will lose power if true democracy takes hold. They mean to starve and disenfranchise people. It isn't an unfortunate symptom of their gifts to their donor class. It is a goal in and of itself.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

And next they will claim they need to reduce this horrible deficit they created by gutting Medicare and Social Security. And they'll say it with a straight face and 100% conviction.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And next they will claim they need to reduce this horrible deficit they created by gutting Medicare and Social Security. And they'll say it with a straight face and 100% conviction.

Also part of the plan, known as Starve The Beast.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 740, 741, 742 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 741 of 3671
Jump to: