THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 786, 787, 788 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Hope Hicks is definitely the person Michael Wolff was talking about when he referred to Trump having an affair in the White House.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hope-hicks-tells-trump-bad-news-2018-2

Melania should leave his ass.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Quote:
In the “old days,” when good news was reported, the Stock Market would go up. Today, when good news is reported, the Stock Market goes down. Big mistake, and we have so much good (great) news about the economy!

He's rage tweeting at the stock market. I...I really don't know what to say about this.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

I don't think he's had an affair with anyone in the White House. I think that's one reason why he probably hates living there, since womanizing is more difficult these days for him than it was in the past.

It would have leaked out if it was Hope, IMO. I think Wolff made up a lot of stuff or used terribly sourced rumors. The big stuff he talks about is what other reporters have said for months. But he publicized the heck out of the book.

Speaking of Hicks, I listened to her speak the other day for the first time. Well, there's a reason she and Kushner don't speak much in public.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

This is shameful. Politicizing the death of a person. How low will this administration sink?

Orrego-Savala was illegal, been deported twice. How much more can the government do?

DONALD TRUMP
'DISGRACEFUL' THAT ILLEGAL KILLED NFL PLAYER

LINK

Quote:
Now, Trump is weighing in ... saying, "So disgraceful that a person illegally in our country killed @Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson."

"This is just one of many such preventable tragedies. We must get the Dems to get tough on the Border, and with illegal immigration, FAST!"

"My prayers and best wishes are with the family of Edwin Jackson, a wonderful young man whose life was so senselessly taken. @Colts."

Query:
Will Orrego-Savala be tried and sentenced here or will he be deported again?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Quote:
In the “old days,” when good news was reported, the Stock Market would go up. Today, when good news is reported, the Stock Market goes down. Big mistake, and we have so much good (great) news about the economy!

He's rage tweeting at the stock market. I...I really don't know what to say about this.

boy in the bubble

Friends with
Alex Jones
Anthony Senecal <his racist butler of 17 years

If there is a true case of Affluenza its Trump
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ethan-couchs-affluenza-explainer/story?id=36011293
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I don't think he's had an affair with anyone in the White House. I think that's one reason why he probably hates living there, since womanizing is more difficult these days for him than it was in the past.

It would have leaked out if it was Hope, IMO. I think Wolff made up a lot of stuff or used terribly sourced rumors. The big stuff he talks about is what other reporters have said for months. But he publicized the heck out of the book.

Speaking of Hicks, I listened to her speak the other day for the first time. Well, there's a reason she and Kushner don't speak much in public.

Agree on both counts. Given the scrutiny that he has been subjected to and given the obvious stress and frustration he has displayed, I don't think he could function even if he had the opportunity. I think Nikki Haley's comment when it was inferred she was the one being reference probably sums it up. She said, "I am never alone with him" - which is probably the only credible comment anyone in his administration has made.

I think the hinted affair was just something Wolff injected for pure sensationalism, because anyone he saw any of his interviews can see that was his whole drive.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject:

^^Great time to cash in on a book though
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Blood Before Dents

One more time: cops use unnecessary force to murder someone.

I love this sh_t

Yeah, it is tough being a cop, and sometimes quick and fatal decisions need to be made. But this is not one of those times.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Russians penetrated U.S. voter systems, says top U.S. official

The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Blood Before Dents

ribeye wrote:
One more time: cops use unnecessary force to murder someone.

I love this sh_t

Yeah, it is tough being a cop, and sometimes quick and fatal decisions need to be made. But this is not one of those times.

Looks like some form of murder to me

State police should've already arrested him

Quote:

Shoupe: They said we’re ramming him. I said don’t ram him ― shoot him ... (bleep) that (bleep). Ain’t gonna tear my cars up ... If they don’t think I’ll give the damn order to kill that (bleep), they’re full of (bleep)

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Why do you think he goes to his private golf clubs every weekend where they don't let any press in? Supposedly, they almost signed divorce papers and then he won the election and were forced to go on with the sham marriage. Apparently, they both have "special friends" on the side.

I don't really care who they do. But the fact that the "family values" party all still support this faker while they trashed Barack & Michelle for 8 years make me want to barf.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

This has been well known in the online community since the election. But the government said it was all crank conspiracy nonsense. The 3 swing states that swung the elections each had a few precincts with suspicious anomalies. An exceptionally small number of precincts swung the whole election.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what's worse: Listening to Nancy Pelosi speak for 8 hours or waterboarding.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
I don't know what's worse: Listening to Nancy Pelosi speak for 8 hours or waterboarding.

Man speaking for 8 hours defending DACA kids: He's a hero!

Woman speaking for 8 hours defending DACA kids: She's whiny! I hate her voice! She needs to smile more.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

This has been well known in the online community since the election. But the government said it was all crank conspiracy nonsense. The 3 swing states that swung the elections each had a few precincts with suspicious anomalies. An exceptionally small number of precincts swung the whole election.

I'm aware. But it's interesting to see it get "mainstream" play.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Quote:

I listened to the book. It seemed more like over the fence, backyard gossip. The hype of revealing something we didn't already know was just that, hype.

Wolff made a killing.

I didn't get hit hard. I'm a member of audible, I paid $0 dollars. Used a credit.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I'm aware. But it's interesting to see it get "mainstream" play.

Sorry, wasn't directing that at you - was expressing frustration with the gov't and MSM.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Man speaking for 8 hours defending DACA kids: He's a hero!

Woman speaking for 8 hours defending DACA kids: She's whiny! I hate her voice! She needs to smile more.

8 hours is torture regardless of who is speaking.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

She was telling personal stories of individual Dreamers. I imagine being a Dreamer and going to sleep every night wondering if you are going to be kicked out of the only country you had ever known would be a more apt description of "torture." But, that's just me.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Nancy Pelosi brings down the house with record-crushing 8-hour Dreamers speech

Quote:
On Wednesday afternoon, Pelosi took to the House floor to give a “one minute” speech demanding House Speaker Paul Ryan guarantee a vote on legal protection and a path to citizenship for the Dreamers.

But she did not stop at one minute. She kept going. And going. And going. “I have no intention of yielding back, Mr. Speaker,” she said.

When she finally came to an end, after standing for eight hours in stiletto heels with no break, Pelosi had officially given the longest continuous speech on the floor of the House in history. And she finished to thundering applause from House Democrats
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This is shameful. Politicizing the death of a person. How low will this administration sink?

Orrego-Savala was illegal, been deported twice. How much more can the government do?

DONALD TRUMP
'DISGRACEFUL' THAT ILLEGAL KILLED NFL PLAYER

LINK

Quote:
Now, Trump is weighing in ... saying, "So disgraceful that a person illegally in our country killed @Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson."

"This is just one of many such preventable tragedies. We must get the Dems to get tough on the Border, and with illegal immigration, FAST!"

"My prayers and best wishes are with the family of Edwin Jackson, a wonderful young man whose life was so senselessly taken. @Colts."

Query:
Will Orrego-Savala be tried and sentenced here or will he be deported again?

Yeah, now he stands up for black NFL players...
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/look-at-the-picture/2018/02/07/edceaae4-0c59-11e8-8890-372e2047c935_story.html?utm_term=.6067f1c169a5

reading about this guy and Gen. kelly's response made my blood boil
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Based on what's been reporter throughout the day, Kelly needs to immediately resign.

The official story is that Trump only found out about the extent of the allegations on Tuesday. Even if that's true, which I don't believe it is, Kelly knew about it for months that the FBI concluded that Porter can't pass the background check.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

Newsom holds a considerable lead in early polls for CA governor

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/07/two-new-polls-show-tight-race-for-second-place-in-governors-race/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:

The Dow has now lost over 40 percent of what it added during Trump's presidency

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/politics/wp/2018/02/08/the-dow-has-now-lost-over-40-percent-of-what-it-added-during-trumps-presidency/

Tax breaks are working like a charm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 786, 787, 788 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 787 of 3663
Jump to: