THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 790, 791, 792 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Awkward white kids and mental health issues. Mutually exclusive or nah? Smh
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

What did Senator Cruz say about the white supremacist Cruz?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Democrats have drafted and presented dozens of gun safety bills over the last several years, but GOP controlled House and Senate won't bring them up for a vote. They have legislative bills for universal background checks, limits on bumpstocks, legislation to allow CDC to collect gun death data due to public threat (GOP wrote legislation to prevent this), legislation to allow insurers to factor in having a gun in the home into various premiums (GOP wrote legislation to prevent this), legislation to allow suing gun manufacturers, etc. (GOP wrote legislation to prevent this - and Bernie voted with them).

You can say all politicians are equally to blame, but it's not true.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Cruzaders fo eva homes!
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
legislation to allow suing gun manufacturers, etc. (GOP wrote legislation to prevent this - and Bernie voted with them).

59 Democrats voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in the House, and 14 Democrats voted for it in the Senate, including Harry Reid.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Devin Nunes creates his own alternative news site

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/11/devin-nunes-alternative-news-site-402097
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
FCC boss Ajit Pai is being investigated by his own agency for potential corruption. Pai is already facing multiple inquiries into his rushed repeal of net neutrality and the shady events that occurred during it. Now he's facing an additional investigation into whether he gutted decades-old media consolidation rules exclusively to benefit Sinclair Broadcasting. Pai has been dismantling said rules just as Sinclair Broadcasting is trying to gain approval for its $3.9 billion acquisition of Tribune Media.

According to the New York Times, the FCC Inspector General began an investigation last fall into whether Pai is a bit too cozy with the companies he is supposed to be holding accountable.
Late last year, "the top internal watchdog for the F.C.C. opened an investigation into whether Mr. Pai and his aides had improperly pushed for the rule changes and whether they had timed them to benefit Sinclair," the report notes.

"It was unclear the extent of the inspector general’s investigation or when it might conclude, but the inquiry puts a spotlight on Mr. Pai’s decisions and whether there had been coordination with the company," notes the report. "It may also force him to answer questions that he has so far avoided addressing in public."

The Inspector General is a nonpartisan position at the FCC.

Consumer groups have routinely argued that Sinclair's latest expansion would all but decimate diversity in local media reporting. The deal, which wouldn't have even been possible until Pai dismantled numerous protections, would give the already-controversial network control of over 200 local-TV stations nationwide, reaching more than 70 percent of the country.

Opposition to the deal is bipartisan in nature. Conservatives realize that a more powerful Sinclair would likely work to stifle smaller, independent media outlets unfairly. Liberals share those concerns, while also expressing worries that Sinclair's often distorted definition of "news" will erode national discourse further--just as the country is trying to come to grips with domestic and foreign disinformation and its impact on the electoral process.

Consumer groups quickly pounced on the news, arguing that Pai should step back from overseeing his multiple efforts to gut media consolidation rules (or from approving the Sinclair merger) until the inquiry is complete. That is something anyone familiar with Ajit Pai knows won't be happening.

"Until the inspector general’s investigation is complete, Chairman Pai and any other FCC staff subject to this inquiry should recuse themselves from all dealings related to Sinclair’s proposed takeover of Tribune Media," Free Press Senior Counsel Jessica J. González said in a statement. "If the investigation finds that Pai or any other FCC staff did indeed let their own bias and favoritism shape decisions related to the deal, they must not be permitted to vote on this matter and they should be subject to other appropriate ethics-review processes."

Pai is also facing numerous inquiries into Pai's behavior on the net neutrality front, including a GAO investigation into why the agency appeared to have made up a DDOS attack during its net neutrality repeal, and another into why the agency turned a blind eye toward identity theft and fraud during the repeal's open comment proceeding. That's in addition to numerous lawsuits from consumer groups, 23 State Attorneys General, and companies negatively impacted by Pai's extremely unpopular handout to the nation's biggest ISPs.

I am shocked.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Awkward white kids and mental health issues. Mutually exclusive or nah? Smh

Affluenza homie.. they got so much money they never learned morals or responsibility
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

"If he also likes stealing money from the poor and watching little old ladies suffer when their health care is removed then maybe we will pardon him and let him join the Republican Party"
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I saw somebody mention this, but the gun control debate ended after nothing was done following Sandy Hook.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I saw somebody mention this, but the gun control debate ended after nothing was done following Sandy Hook.

Sad thing is there are plenty of effective ways to minimize these cases that are popular with the general public.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/upshot/how-to-reduce-mass-shooting-deaths-experts-say-these-gun-laws-could-help.html
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
legislation to allow suing gun manufacturers, etc. (GOP wrote legislation to prevent this - and Bernie voted with them).

59 Democrats voted for the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act in the House, and 14 Democrats voted for it in the Senate, including Harry Reid.

Reid and Sanders are both from pro-gun states. And I would bet the others were Blue Dog Democrats. And? They are all gone and Reid retired. But Bernie apparently wants to run again in 2020. No thanks.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Sad thing is there are plenty of effective ways to minimize these cases that are popular with the general public.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/upshot/how-to-reduce-mass-shooting-deaths-experts-say-these-gun-laws-could-help.html

The problem is the NRA represents the gun manufacturers and their job is to always be selling more guns. So they do not want ANY legislation no matter how many lives it night save if it means selling even one less gun.

Less than 3% of the U.S. population owns 50% of the guns. Most people don't own guns and will never buy one. In order to maintain sales, they either have to scare people into thinking someone is coming to take their guns so they will stockpile even more OR they have to sell then newer, more high tech, more powerful weapons capable of even more carnage. The NRA owns the Republican party lock, stock and barrel. And their marching orders are to NOT GIVE AN INCH. No new gun laws, no safety laws, no new background checks, NOTHING. Remember after Vegas when Republicans gave lip service to constraining bumpstocks? The NRA nixed that and poof, it was never mentioned by R's again.

The only way to change it is to vote out every single one of the bastards.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Christopher C wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Reid and Sanders are both from pro-gun states. And I would bet the others were Blue Dog Democrats. And? They are all gone and Reid retired. But Bernie apparently wants to run again in 2020. No thanks.

So let me get this straight, when leftists criticize your favorite candidate for not wanting a 15 dollar federal minimum wage, or not wanting to ban fracking, or for supporting regime change in Libya, or for not supporting Medicare-for-All, or for not supporting free tuition at public universities, they are demanding "purity." But when Sanders takes this one bad policy position, it's grounds for you to say "no thanks" to his candidacy? Who is playing purity politics again?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Lord spare me from St. Bernie fans. Amen.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I accept you waiving the white flag, no shame in it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

The problem is the NRA represents the gun manufacturers and their job is to always be selling more guns. So they do not want ANY legislation no matter how many lives it night save if it means selling even one less gun.

Less than 3% of the U.S. population owns 50% of the guns. Most people don't own guns and will never buy one. In order to maintain sales, they either have to scare people into thinking someone is coming to take their guns so they will stockpile even more OR they have to sell then newer, more high tech, more powerful weapons capable of even more carnage. The NRA owns the Republican party lock, stock and barrel. And their marching orders are to NOT GIVE AN INCH. No new gun laws, no safety laws, no new background checks, NOTHING. Remember after Vegas when Republicans gave lip service to constraining bumpstocks? The NRA nixed that and poof, it was never mentioned by R's again.

The only way to change it is to vote out every single one of the bastards.

don't forget

NRA spent over 30 million on trumps campaign
paid for by Russia

My guess is Russia has also paid lots of money into OTHER PACs.. Republican PACs... etc..

Quote:

Yesterday, McClatchy Newspapers reported that the FBI is investigating whether Torshin, now a deputy governor of Russia’s central bank, funneled money to the National Rifle Association that was subsequently spent in support of the Trump campaign. The NRA reported spending $30 million on advertisements and other aid to Trump, part of a record $55 million that the group spent during the 2016 campaign cycle, according to the McClatchy story.

https://www.propublica.org/article/russian-politician-who-reportedly-sent-millions-to-nra-has-long-history-in-spain
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I accept you waiving the white flag, no shame in it.

I don't like Bernie. I think his schtick is overly simplistic and he rope-a-doped a lot of gullible young people. He's a one issue candidate whose act wore thin. He lost the primaries because people of color and women were repelled by his arrogant, chauvinistic, paternalistic attitudes and policies. I would have voted for him over Trump. But in 2020 I'd prefer some younger candidates with fresh ideas.

White flag my ass. And this is another thing about Bernie that wore thin. The attitude of his supporters who bullied and harassed women and people of color in his name. And he never once tried to dial that back. If was not a flattering picture. Bernie is all about Bernie.

And did he ever release his taxes? Nope. What is he hiding?
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I don't like Bernie. I think his schtick is overly simplistic and he rope-a-doped a lot of gullible young people. He's a one issue candidate whose act wore thin. He lost the primaries because people of color and women were repelled by his arrogant, chauvinistic, paternalistic attitudes and policies. I would have voted for him over Trump. But in 2020 I'd prefer some younger candidates with fresh ideas.

White flag my ass. And this is another thing about Bernie that wore thin. The attitude of his supporters who bullied and harassed women and people of color in his name. And he never once tried to dial that back. If was not a flattering picture. Bernie is all about Bernie.

In other words, a bunch of ad-hominem, and not one criticism of policy except for that vote on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. And you're accusing me of bullying and harassment now? I guess when your argument can't stand on policy grounds, this is what you have to resort to.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

This is true of several issues, but we have a President and GOP that does not represent or act in the interest of the general public.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

this has been bothering me about this anti-immigrant bs

I used to ask
"When was the last time Iraq attacked America?"
nobody could answer
"When was the first time Iraq attacked America?"

*shrug

so.. my claim and I am sure I could get legit facts to back it up

America has done more damage to south American countries than all immigrants combined have ever done to this one country TEN TIMES OVER

Immigrants built this country
They build it today
Trumps family were immigrants
His wives were immigrants

The way we are treating these people is horribly shameful..

Every day Trump is still POTUS.. life in America just feels worse
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

In other words, a bunch of ad-hominem, and not one criticism of policy except for that vote on the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. And you're accusing me of bullying and harassment now? I guess when your argument can't stand on policy grounds, this is what you have to resort to.

Not releasing his taxes and lying by saying he was going to release them goes to his integrity - which I find severely lacking, Pretending to his followers that he still had a chance to win late in the campaign while taking their $25 contributions was unethical. His petty, vindictive, sexist campaign told me what he really thinks of women. Bernie's "policies" all sounded good but he never followed up with a realistic plan for enacting or paying for his swell sounding ideas. Free college! Yay! Universal Healthcare! Yay! He couldn't even get that to work in his own state of Vermont. He has endorsed anti-choice candidates. He has refused to endorse many Democrats running to regain Congress from Republicans. And he's not a Democrat and I am. He wants all the perks and freebees that go along with running in the Democratic party, but he attacks the Democratic party at every opportunity. If he had REAL integrity, he would run as a Independent.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I also love how you dismiss the sexism as being an illegitimate criticism. That perfectly encapsulates what I found repulsive about his attitude and his followers attitudes. The arrogant, patriarchal attitude so severely ingrained that's it's not even recognized as such by the offending party.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Christopher C wrote:

I also love how you dismiss the sexism as being an illegitimate criticism. That perfectly encapsulates what I found repulsive about his attitude and his followers attitudes. The arrogant, patriarchal attitude so severely ingrained that's it's not even recognized as such by the offending party.

No, it's just more lying on your part.

"Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) had a terse message for any of his supporters who engage in online harassment: “We don’t want that crap.” He told CNN on Sunday that the so-called “Berniebro” phenomenon is “disgusting” and that “anybody who is supporting me that is doing the sexist things — we don’t want them.”"
ThinkProgress
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

. Edit Wrong thread

Last edited by Dladi Vidac on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 790, 791, 792 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 791 of 3673
Jump to: