THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 804, 805, 806 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
He shows more empathy for the NRA than for the students.

#NotASurprise #AlsoHe'sAMoron

Patriots vs little schoolchildren

Trump received ONE HUNDRED MILLION in campaign funding through the NRA via Russians
35 mil for sure
Quote:

The NRA is among the largest "dark money" organizations, reporting the greatest amount of campaign spending without revealing the source of the funds — over $35 million in the 2016 election cycle alone. Still, this amount was just a fraction of the over $175 million in reported campaign-related spending that came from unknown sources.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/nra-russia-and-trump-money-laundering-poisoning-us-democracy-commentary.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Bump stocks, mental institutions, arm teachers, increase age to own guns, yada yada yada. Where will Trump focus. He's shown no ability to multitask. Same-o same-o promise's promise's promise's no action.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Bump stocks, mental institutions, arm teachers, increase age to own guns, yada yada yada. Where will Trump focus. He's shown no ability to multitask. Same-o same-o promise's promise's promise's no action.

"I don't stand by anything".
The truest thing Trump has ever said.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
It's so appalling to me that a fairly decent percentage of the American population thinks that the answer to stop future mass shootings is...to arm everyone. Arming teachers? Are you kidding me? Of course it's ridiculous that an American president could espouse such crap, but it's not like he's alone in this belief.

Something went wrong in our society a long while back, and it's a sick obsession.

Society did begin to decline in the 60’s. When I was young there was no gun control, you could just go buy one. Most people in town had at least one. But there were no mass shootings. The guns haven’t changed, the people have. Look no farther than that to see what the problem is.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Just to illustrate how powerful the NRA is... bought a senator, a GOP presidential candidate, who still defended the NRA in the same week a school shooting happened in his district

And got the US president to advocate for arming US teachers in response to school shooting
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Congress is the only one that can write new gun legislation. The NRA has a stranglehold on every single GOP politician. The Democrats have been submitting all kinds of gun safety legislation but McConnell and Ryan never let it come to the floor for a vote. Whatever Trump says is just cheap talk. The GOP won't even touch something as common sense as background checks. In fact, they've been worsening things over the last year. The first bill they signed was to keep mentally ill people "off" the background check list. The let domestic abusers buy guns again. They let people on the no-fly list buy guns again. They cut funding for maintaining the background list.

Nothing will change until we vote them out.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
It's so appalling to me that a fairly decent percentage of the American population thinks that the answer to stop future mass shootings is...to arm everyone. Arming teachers? Are you kidding me? Of course it's ridiculous that an American president could espouse such crap, but it's not like he's alone in this belief.

Something went wrong in our society a long while back, and it's a sick obsession.

Society did begin to decline in the 60’s. When I was young there was no gun control, you could just go buy one. Most people in town had at least one. But there were no mass shootings. The guns haven’t changed, the people have. Look no farther than that to see what the problem is.

There were no AR-15s then so I call BS on the guns haven't changed since the 60's nonsense.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Partially because of worthless losers like Falwell and Graham

they want fellow citizens and creations of their God.. to be "screaming bloody murder"

Like this scum doesn't know the power of his words
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/jerry-falwell-jr-billy-graham-advise-donald-trump/2018/02/21/id/844739/
Quote:
Jerry Falwell Jr., the son of the late Rev. Jerry Falwell and current president of Liberty University, says that if Rev. Billy Graham were still alive today to counsel President Trump as he did every president since Harry S. Truman he'd urge him to stay the course "and take it as a compliment when all the liberals are beating up on you and screaming bloody murder."

^^^^^CHRISTIAN Patriots??? Insane people making others more insane is all I see

Is he saying Billy Graham told all presidents to make liberals suffer?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32842.pdf

According to the Congressional Research Service, there are roughly twice as many guns per capita in the United States as there were in 1968: more than 300 million guns in all.

But that doesn't mean every man, woman and child has a gun. The number of armed households has actually declined to about 1 in 3. So an ever larger number of guns is concentrated in a shrinking number of homes (45%-50% --> 30%-35%)
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Just to illustrate how powerful the NRA is... bought a senator, a GOP presidential candidate, who still defended the NRA in the same week a school shooting happened in his district

And got the US president to advocate for arming US teachers in response to school shooting

look it up
potentially $100,000,000 to help Trump become President and they KNEW where they money came from (Russia)

No unwitting actors here

What is their goal

Do they own stock in all the gun manufacturers?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

According to the Congressional Research Service, there are roughly twice as many guns per capita in the United States as there were in 1968: more than 300 million guns in all.

But that doesn't mean every man, woman and child has a gun. The number of armed households has actually declined to about 1 in 3. So an ever larger number of guns is concentrated in a shrinking number of homes (45%-50% --> 30%-35%)

Half of the Americans I meet I wouldn't want to have a gun... or more

^^ legal gun ownership age removes what at least 50 million potential individual gun owners..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

There were no AR-15s then so I call BS on the guns haven't changed since the 60's nonsense.

I owned my 10-22 then which shoots the same bullet and had high capacity magazines as well. The major difference is that it looked like a hunting rifle while an AR15 looks military. And it is easy to buy a kit to convert that hunting rifle to fully automatic. The problem is how people behave today compared to then. Life was valued more.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I can believe that, I know a lot of people who would be horrified to own a gun. While hunters likely own numerous guns to cover different types of hunting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I think what VLF is saying is guns haven't changed because they're inanimate.
People have.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

People have.

Actually I think VLF is re-iterating that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Can you clarify VLF
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

People have.

Actually I think VLF is re-iterating that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Can you clarify VLF

Better analogy.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“We have to look at the internet because a lot of bad things are happening to young kids and young minds and their minds are being formed,” the president said. “We have to do something about maybe what they’re seeing and how they're seeing it. And also video games. I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts.”

And then the president pivoted to blaming Hollywood.

“You see these movies, they’re so violent. And yet a kid is able to see the movie if sex isn’t involved, but killing is involved. And maybe they have to put a rating system for that. You get into a whole very complicated, very big deal but the fact is that you are having movies come out that are so violent with the killing and everything else that maybe that's another thing we’re going to have to discuss.”

The man is truly brilliant. Only a genius could come up with ideas like these.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Quote:
“We have to look at the internet because a lot of bad things are happening to young kids and young minds and their minds are being formed,” the president said. “We have to do something about maybe what they’re seeing and how they're seeing it. And also video games. I’m hearing more and more people say the level of violence on video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts.”

“You see these movies, they’re so violent. And yet a kid is able to see the movie if sex isn’t involved, but killing is involved. And maybe they have to put a rating system for that. You get into a whole very complicated, very big deal but the fact is that you are having movies come out that are so violent with the killing and everything else that maybe that's another thing we’re going to have to discuss.”

Violence movies? How bout these:

“I’d like to punch him in the face” - Las Vegas on 23 February 2016

“Maybe he should have been roughed up” - Fox and Friends on 22 November 2015

“Part of the problem is no one wants to hurt each other anymore” - St. Louis, Missouri in March 2016

“I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will” - Birch Run, Michigan 11 August 2015

“If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it” - Macomb County Community College in Warren, Michigan March 2016

“I’ll beat the crap out of you” - Kansas City, Missouri on 12 March 2016

“Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees” - Cedar Rapids, Iowa in February 2016
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

http://www.newsweek.com/woman-mails-thoughts-and-prayers-check-809846

Delicious..

Quote:

“Dear Rep. Bergman,” she wrote, “since you and your colleagues in Congress seem to feel that this is the solution to mass murder, please accept this contribution.”
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Quote:

Violence movies? How bout these:

“I’d like to punch him in the face” - Las Vegas on 23 February 2016

“Maybe he should have been roughed up” - Fox and Friends on 22 November 2015

“Part of the problem is no one wants to hurt each other anymore” - St. Louis, Missouri in March 2016

“I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will” - Birch Run, Michigan 11 August 2015

“If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it” - Macomb County Community College in Warren, Michigan March 2016

“I’ll beat the crap out of you” - Kansas City, Missouri on 12 March 2016

“Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees” - Cedar Rapids, Iowa in February 2016

Quote:
Yusef Salaam was 15 years old when Donald Trump demanded his execution for a crime he did not commit.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/17/central-park-five-donald-trump-jogger-rape-case-new-york
He paid a reported $85,000 to take out advertising space in four of the city’s newspapers, including the New York Times. Under the headline “Bring Back The Death Penalty. Bring Back Our Police!” and above his signature, Trump wrote: “I want to hate these muggers and murderers. They should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes. They must serve as examples so that others will think long and hard before committing a crime or an act of violence.”

Salaam, now 41, cannot remember exactly where he was when he first saw the ads. He had no idea who Trump was. “I knew that this famous person calling for us to die was very serious,” he recalled.

“We were all afraid. Our families were afraid. Our loved ones were afraid. For us to walk around as if we had a target on our backs, that’s how things were.”

All five minors had already been paraded in front of the cameras and had their names and addresses published, but Salaam said he and his family received more death threats after the papers ran Trump’s full-page screed. On a daytime TV show two days later, a female audience member called for the boys to be castrated and echoed the calls for the death penalty if Meili died. Pat Buchanan, the former Republican White House aide, called for the oldest of the group, Wise, to be “tried, convicted and hanged in Central Park by June 1”.
Quote:

The case of a black woman, raped the same day in Brooklyn by two men who threw her from the roof of a four-story building, received little media attention.

Colorado now has a rise in hate groups thanks to Trump and Russian BOTS
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

You know when someone talks about the glorious 50s, that person isn't black or a woman or gay.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

The uniformed, armed security officer at the high school responded to the building and then proceeded to stand outside listening to the shots while the kids were slaughtered for like 4 minutes. He never went inside the building. He was terrified to confront that shooter, he could hear it was semi-automatic fire, he didn't know how many shooters, if in body armor, etc. So he was too scared to respond. You think your average teacher would do any better, run down the hall with a handgun to confront a guy spraying semi-automatic fire? What a stupid suggestion, to arm the teachers and janitors.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Kaivan Shroff @KaivanShroff

Trump is so incompetent and uncaring that his team needed to write him a reminder note to say “I hear you” at the mass shooting LISTENING session.

It’s a whole new level of basic. #ParklandStudentsSpeak

Link to picture of his tiny hands holding a crib sheet reminding him to show empathy

I see he has his IQ embroidered on his shirt cuff. In case he forgets what a stable genius he is.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I owned my 10-22 then which shoots the same bullet and had high capacity magazines as well. The major difference is that it looked like a hunting rifle while an AR15 looks military. And it is easy to buy a kit to convert that hunting rifle to fully automatic. The problem is how people behave today compared to then. Life was valued more.

Washington Post: The real reason Congress banned assault weapons in 1994 — and why it worked

Quote:
The San Francisco shooting “made clear that the increasing sophistication of weapons had made it possible for a mass shooter to murder large numbers of people in a matter of minutes,” Feinstein said. “The goal of the ban was to reduce the frequency and deadliness of mass shootings.”

Quote:
Guns like the ones used in Parkland and in other mass shootings are now among the most popular firearms currently on the market. The proliferation of these guns means that would-be mass shooters have little trouble obtaining them.

“In the last three years we have had as many gun massacres with assault weapons as in the decade prior,” Klarevas said. “The trend is continuing to escalate.”

Quote:
Gun massacres fell 42% from 1994-2004 during the assault weapons ban and then rose 239% after the assault weapons ban expired.

More deadly guns = more deaths
Fewer deadly guns = fewer deaths
Continued proliferation and easier access = even more deaths

Now you show me your charts and back-up research.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

And lets look at tax rates, investments in infrastructure, health insurance and medical costs, and per capita dollars that went to schools. Bring all of that back to 1960s levels, just like the Dems want. Its funny how conservatives argue that people are the problem forgetting that they've created this society with their conservative "all for one, one for none" approach to government, social services and the economy.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 804, 805, 806 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 805 of 3663
Jump to: