THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 833, 834, 835 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Ted wrote:
Another package bomb in Austin, TX

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/explosion-austin-2-men-injured-authorities-023603683--abc-news-topstories.html

This is the 4th bomb. The first 3 bombs all attacked African Americans, two killed, two injured. Now two more injured. This is crazy and I'm surprised hasn't gotten much attention.

This seems incongruous to the previous bombings. I'm thinking this may be a copycat trying to attach himself to the story. Either way, it's all screwed up and disturbing.

Yep, it isn't like the other 3 explosions. This one happened on the West side of Austin, which is predominantly white, upper-middle class. The two victims were white, males, in their 20's. Police this morning are now suggesting it may have been a trip wire bomb.

When I saw this on BREAKING NEWS yesterday I thought I was watching a repeat of a old story.

Authorities warned the people of Austin not to open any packages left at their doors overnight. People living in Austin should allow bomb squads to open overnight packages.

The fact they're left overnight should be a red flag.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Trizzay (Trey in Snooptalk) wrote:

Why do humans want to remain broken to the point they hurt so much they want to hurt others?

Look up the lyrics to that song if you haven't already, Trey. They're up your alley, trust. "You can have it all...my empire of dirt...I will LET CHU DOOOOWN...I will make you...huuuurt..."

Colombiana

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

You can't make this stuff up!

How obvious can a person be? This is a man trying to hide something. Trump has no inkling about the workings of the government. I imagine his urging was bully supported.

Stormy Daniels like???

Trump pushed White House staff to sign non-disclosure agreements: report

LINK

Quote:
According to the Post, staffers balked at first but, pressed by then-Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and the White House Counsel’s Office, they ultimately signed because they figured the agreement wouldn't be enforceable, particularly since the NDA was to also cover time past the Trump administration, the Post reported.

Quote:
Richard Painter, chief ethics lawyer to President George W. Bush, told Politico shortly before the 2016 election that Trump could not enforce a non-disclosure agreement as president like he could as a private businessman, and the agreements could not violate existing laws like the Freedom of Information Act.

Ben Wizner, director of the ACLU Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project, said in an email Sunday night, “Public employees can’t be gagged by private agreements. These so-called NDAs are unconstitutional and unenforceable.”

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Considering how much that White House leaks and how much former employees leak, it's clear no one takes those NDAs seriously. And, of course, when Mueller asks questions, he doesn't give a damn about some pointless and unenforceable NDAs.

But this would be a good question to ask, if he ever actually has another press conference during his presidency.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
11% of Republicans believe that Stormy Daniels’ story has merit. That means 89% of Republicans believe Trump is suing her for $20M because she breached an agreement to say nothing about nothing.

These people are allowed to drive y’all.
— feminist next door (@emrazz) March 17, 2018

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Quote:
11% of Republicans believe that Stormy Daniels’ story has merit. That means 89% of Republicans believe Trump is suing her for $20M because she breached an agreement to say nothing about nothing.

It's been asked, how can he sue about an agreement he never signed? Any ideas?

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

Why is he suing her for "disclosing" an affair he says they never had?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

I'm not a lawyer, and I leave it to them to discuss the details, but the gist I heard was there are a number of potential factors involving who the parties were (there was a shell corporation set up to pay her) and acceptance of the money being partial performance and such, among other things. The law is muddy because lawyers write it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

Yup! This is a man who steps on his ass and gets away shoe-print-less . His supporters can't be that ignorant. They must be blindly following the leader. Lemurs come to mind.

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
He repeats that "no collusion" thing for his Cult followers. He believes if you keep telling a lie over and over, people will believe it. That's the "defense" he's chosen to repeat.

To the rest of us, it's meaningless. Don't get sidetracked into thinking it means anything. It has no bearing whatsoever on what Mueller investigates or charges. In terms of legal charges, it would be called "conspiracy" not collusion.
exactly. let a liar lie.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

Yup! This is a man who steps on his ass and gets away shoe-print-less . His supporters can't be that ignorant. They must be blindly following the leader. Lemurs come to mind.

Or lemmings, as the case may be. But it may have been lemurs back during the Pleistocene, when you learned these things.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

Or lemmings, as the case may be. But it may have been lemurs back during the Pleistocene, when you learned these things.

You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take today off?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Facebook is being exposed. I noticed many here have Facebook accounts. I have one. I don't post I lurk.

The things I read use to be chuckle-some. Not anymore. People are so easily swayed. Freedom of speech is a right that can in some cases be damaging. Facebook has to be more responsible.

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I was listening to Brooke Baldwin minding my own business at lunch today and someone told me to turn off the fake news.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I was listening to Brooke Baldwin minding my own business at lunch today and someone told me to turn off the fake news.

Brooke's on CNN. Maybe the person who told you that thought she worked for FoxNews.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

Because at your age, this might be the last day I have to give you a hard time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Lub me some Katy Tur. She's having Rep Jim Jordan for lunch.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I'm not a lawyer, and I leave it to them to discuss the details, but the gist I heard was there are a number of potential factors involving who the parties were (there was a shell corporation set up to pay her) and acceptance of the money being partial performance and such, among other things. The law is muddy because lawyers write it.

Part of the argument as I understand it is that the agreement details some things that "David Dennison" agrees to do (such as not sue her), and these agreement terms were part of the consideration to which she agreed when she in good faith signed the agreement and accepted the $130K. Since Trump didn't sign it, those considerations are not enforceable, and therefore neither is anything else in the agreement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Part of the argument as I understand it is that the agreement details some things that "David Dennison" agrees to do (such as not sue her), and these agreement terms were part of the consideration to which she agreed when she in good faith signed the agreement and accepted the $130K. Since Trump didn't sign it, those considerations are not enforceable, and therefore neither is anything else in the agreement.

How can you proof an ‘alias’? Do you have to have written document?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

If life lasts ya and death pass ya, you may reach this coveted plataue. It allows for a smile and ducks back mentality.

I'm praying for you

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Facebook is being exposed. I noticed many here have Facebook accounts. I have one. I don't post I lurk.

The things I read use to be chuckle-some. Not anymore. People are so easily swayed. Freedom of speech is a right that can in some cases be damaging. Facebook has to be more responsible.

I used to use Facebook until it became a 50 and over club.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I used to use Facebook until it became a 50 and over club.

I assume that's a age jab. I'm guessing you know better. Ducks back.
LINK

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
SweetP wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Quote:

I try to live every day as though it could be jodeke's last.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

You guys stay hating on Cat Daddy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
You guys stay hating on Cat Daddy.

Letum hoops, keeps me on my toes. Damn!!! Where's the initiator of this get at jodeke's age,
C M B?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 833, 834, 835 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 834 of 3671
Jump to: