THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
John Dowd resigns as Trump's lead lawyer in special counsel inquiry.

Are you familiar with Dowd, his reputation, schooling, standing in the legal community etc.

He was the best and most reputable lawyer on Trumps team by a wide margin. Let's just say that Mueller is even less intimidated now than he was before.

Trivia: Dowd was actually the guy who wrote the report that resulted in Pete Rose being banned from baseball.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Trump is the most dangerous type of stupid. He's a stupid person who thinks he's smart. He thinks he's smarter than his lawyers and advisers. Then when things go south, he blames everyone but himself -- and thereby learns nothing from his mistakes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Are you familiar with Dowd, his reputation, schooling, standing in the legal community etc.

He was the best and most reputable lawyer on Trumps team by a wide margin. Let's just say that Mueller is even less intimidated now than he was before.

Trivia: Dowd was actually the guy who wrote the report that resulted in Pete Rose being banned from baseball.

IIRC he said, a matter of law, a president cannot ever be guilty of obstructing justice. If that's fact he's not a very good lawyer.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

IIRC he said, a matter of law, a president cannot ever be guilty of obstructing justice. If that's fact he's not a very good lawyer.

Huh? If he said something and if that something is true, that makes him a bad lawyer?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Huh? If he said something and if that something is true, that makes him a bad lawyer?

In this case, yes. Saying it concerning a case of this magnitude, yes. I'm compartmentalizing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

In this case, yes. Saying it concerning a case of this magnitude, yes. I'm compartmentalizing.

But that wasn't your argument. You said if it was true it makes him a bad lawyer.

Fwiw, if you meant that if it is true THAT HE SAID IT, I still disagree, because a good lawyer will throw every argument he can out there, even if he doesn't feel it will hold up.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Trump announces severe China trade tariffs, Dow plunges 700 points.

Who relies on buying cheap goods imported from China sold in places like Walmart? Trump voters.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

But that wasn't your argument. You said if it was true it makes him a bad lawyer.

Fwiw, if you meant that if it is true THAT HE SAID IT, I still disagree, because a good lawyer will throw every argument he can out there, even if he doesn't feel it will hold up.

I'm making it my argument, it's what I meant. I'm compartmentalizing. Why are you disregarding that? Note the bold green,

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I'm making it my argument, it's what I meant. I'm compartmentalizing. Why are you disregarding that? Note the bold green,

"I'm compartmentalizing" isn't a cogent response to an interrogatory about which of two options you meant by your original statement.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

"I'm compartmentalizing" isn't a cogent response to an interrogatory about which of two options you meant by your original statement.

I've made clear my position. You're an intelligent person, I'm sure you know what I mean. If you choose to not accept my meaning, a meaning you understand, so be it.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Ty Cobb is reportedly on "thin ice" and might be next.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Trump doesn't understand law. He's firing any who don't do what he'd do in their position. Brings to mind Abraham Lincoln: “He who represents himself has a fool for a client.”

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

He's about to be sent back to the dugout.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Wilt wrote:

He's about to be sent back to the dugout.

Noooice!

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Judge Napolitano, come on down! Jeanine Pirro, come on down!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I've made clear my position. You're an intelligent person, I'm sure you know what I mean. If you choose to not accept my meaning, a meaning you understand, so be it.

I am an intelligent person, and when there is some ambiguity in what someone says, I ask for clarification. Getting, "I'm compartmentalizing" isn't a response to that request for clarification. It's not even a response to someone disagreeing with either option for your original statement. Perhaps stop throwing out terms if you don't know what they mean, or stop sharing opinions if it's too much trouble to explain or discuss them?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

"HEY, ARE YOU A LAWYER?"

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I am an intelligent person, and when there is some ambiguity in what someone says, I ask for clarification. Getting, "I'm compartmentalizing" isn't a response to that request for clarification. It's not even a response to someone disagreeing with either option for your original statement. Perhaps stop throwing out terms if you don't know what they mean, or stop sharing opinions if it's too much trouble to explain or discuss them?

OK LINK In this case

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

At this rate he's going to be stuck with the new guy at Jacoby & Meyers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC reporting McMaster out.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Trump appears to be ready to go full nimrod. Gutting even the remotely sane voices (and they haven't been much help as is) and preparing for global war (and i mean that in every context). I fear it is about to get bat (bleep).
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Trump is the most dangerous type of stupid. He's a stupid person who thinks he's smart. He thinks he's smarter than his lawyers and advisers. Then when things go south, he blames everyone but himself -- and thereby learns nothing from his mistakes.
perfect breakdown. Which is why when you had people saying "give him a chance." i always thought. NO. You can't give a person a chance who never thinks their wrong. Even when it's been proven that they are factually incorrect.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Trump appears to be ready to go full nimrod. Gutting even the remotely sane voices (and they haven't been much help as is) and preparing for global war (and i mean that in every context). I fear it is about to get bat (bleep).

Once Mueller subpoenaed the Trump Organization he went into full panic mode. He will try to take the whole damn country (world) down with him. All of his biographers and journalists who have been following him for decades predicted this if Mueller got close enough.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

John Bolton replacing McMaster. The only person on the planet more hawkish than Cheney and Rumsfeld. He'd have us in land wars with Iran and Korea simultaneously if he could pull it off.

(Remember when the left claimed Hillary Clinton was more hawkish than Trump? Good times.)

Last edited by ChefLinda on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:

At this rate he's going to be stuck with the new guy at Jacoby & Meyers.

LegalZoom.com
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 839, 840, 841 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 840 of 3671
Jump to: