THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Wilt wrote:
None of them will abandon him. He is a Republican and, regardless how many times he abandons traditional conservative talking points, they'll always have birtherism and Mexican rapists and murderers. That's when they fell in love with him. All this "outrage" is meaningless.

Yeah, they will stick with him no matter what. But these kids marching today are about to hit them with the new reality stick.

Yep. If there is one upside to all the mess of the last 16 months, it's awoken a young and vigorous giant.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
None of them will abandon him. He is a Republican and, regardless how many times he abandons traditional conservative talking points, they'll always have birtherism and Mexican rapists and murderers. That's when they fell in love with him. All this "outrage" is meaningless.

Well, he's not really a Republican, he just plays one on TV.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Millennials projected to overtake Baby Boomers as America’s largest generation in 2019

Quote:
Millennials are on the cusp of surpassing Baby Boomers as the nation’s largest living adult generation, according to population projections from the U.S. Census Bureau. As of July 1, 2016 (the latest date for which population estimates are available), Millennials, whom we define as ages 20 to 35 in 2016, numbered 71 million, and Boomers (ages 52 to 70) numbered 74 million. Millennials are expected to overtake Boomers in population in 2019 as their numbers swell to 73 million and Boomers decline to 72 million. Generation X (ages 36 to 51 in 2016) is projected to pass the Boomers in population by 2028.

Hallelujah.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

When the Black Lives Matter kids asked why the March For Our Lives kids were getting the kind of positive support and attention that was denied them -- the Florida kids said, "You're right. We realize our white privilege is giving us a platform you didn't have. Come join us on that platform."

That's the part that gives me hope.

And they were smart enough not to let any politicians or movie stars speak at any of these events today. This moment belongs to them.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Well, he's not really a Republican, he just plays one on TV.

He’s a republican in the ways that matter. Racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, greedy
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

The eleven year old girl and the young Latina from la were especially powerful examples of some great, passionate speeches today
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZEdMMHVAAU9klQ.jpg

Last edited by 32 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

Everyone should be watching these kids' speeches. They are all freaking incredible.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Even Fox is broadcasting this (not really playing the speeches, just showing footage of the crowds). That must be driving him crazy. But this is still Fox: there was a guy saying how these kids aren't talking about how arming teachers would be beneficial.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

These teen are tearing it up. Some of their speeches have caused me to mist. ( I just threw up on national television and it feels great)

I haven't been able to google a picture of the crowd size. From what I've seen it's much larger than Trumps inauguration. That has to piss him off

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that was a powerful moment. "I just threw up on national television and it feels great." And she later led a happy birthday song for a friend that was killed in front of her and whose birthday is today.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

Of course FOX won’t broadcast the content of the rally.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Of course FOX won’t broadcast the content of the rally.

That's funny, beacuase my buddy (who I keep mentioning on here) says Fox is MSM, and today was going to show just how biased the MSM is about guns.

He's one of these idiots thinking ”theyre going to take away our guns".

Mind you, the guy lives in the IE.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

It's easier to stereotype people when you don't actually let viewers see and hear them as individuals.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Millennials projected to overtake Baby Boomers as America’s largest generation in 2019

Quote:
Millennials are on the cusp of surpassing Baby Boomers as the nation’s largest living adult generation, according to population projections from the U.S. Census Bureau. As of July 1, 2016 (the latest date for which population estimates are available), Millennials, whom we define as ages 20 to 35 in 2016, numbered 71 million, and Boomers (ages 52 to 70) numbered 74 million. Millennials are expected to overtake Boomers in population in 2019 as their numbers swell to 73 million and Boomers decline to 72 million. Generation X (ages 36 to 51 in 2016) is projected to pass the Boomers in population by 2028.

Hallelujah.

Which is why so many republicans have been retiring. All they have to do is look at the millions marching today and know that every one of them will vote.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

What a great day. These young people are very inspirational.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling this march will cause some changes. Some of these teens will be voting in the mid terms. They will also have a influence on their parents. I don't have the number but I think teen voter registration will increase significantly. If their reps don't step up they may have to step out.

Take that check to the bank and put it into your retirement fund because we're going to vote you out

In the coming weeks I think there will be some notable changes made.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

6 minute 20 second pause, dramatic.

EDIT. Watched it again. That's a long, long time to be under fire.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Emma Gonzalez could get elected to Congress right now. Young lady has a gift. Hope she continues to grow and use it for the greater good.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Emma Gonzalez could get elected to Congress right now. Young lady has a gift. Hope she continues to grow and use it for the greater good.

Yep.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Trump should be at about the 9th at Mara A Lago. This is a man who said Obama does to much golfing. SMH

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Trump should be at about the 9th at Mara A Lago. This is a man who said Obama does to much golfing. SMH

He's been putting his middle finger to Americans since he ran for president. The crazy thing is that he still has a good chance to be re-elected. I've never seen a supporting base this solid (I thought Obama coalition was super solid but even they would still criticized him, Trump's... can't do no wrong)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He's been putting his middle finger to Americans since he ran for president. The crazy thing is that he still has a good chance to be re-elected. I've never seen a supporting base this solid (I thought Obama coalition was super solid but even they would still criticized him, Trump's... can't do no wrong)

There's reason to fear Trumps reelection.

I understand the sign at the ball game may be staged LINK but how much truth is in the message? It may be the reason Trumps base is so solid.

I watched today's broadcast March For Our Lives and left with a feeling of optimism I haven't felt since the March on Washington in 1963.

By the By:
I don't watch FoxNews often. Tuned in today to see what they were broadcasting.

Everything but the March For Our Lives.

Side note: No violence, no clashes. I'm so damn proud of our youth. We have a chance. Our future is in good hands. Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Listening to Pod Save America
No DACA protection in this funding bill. Apparently the party of Trump offered 3 years protection for DACA participants in exchange for 3 years of wall funding.
Dems said no. What do you guys and gals think? I'm glad we said no, but I understand the other perspective.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Listening to Pod Save America
No DACA protection in this funding bill. Apparently the party of Trump offered 3 years protection for DACA participants in exchange for 3 years of wall funding.
Dems said no. What do you guys and gals think? I'm glad we said no, but I understand the other perspective.

DACA's on hold right now because it's in the courts. So the kids are safe for now. If they don't negotiate something in the mean time, I think the Democrats are hoping to retake the House in November and deal with it then, worst case. And they have come to agreements with the Republicans several times, and Trump rejected each time and said he'd veto it. Trump is the hold-up here. Of course he lies and says it's the Democrats, but that's not the case. I think at one point Schumer even agreed to some funding for the wall in exchange for DACA and other items and the GOP said okay, but Trump said no. You can't negotiate with someone who doesn't negotiate in good faith. The Democrats got what they could out of this bill.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 843 of 3673
Jump to: