THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 873, 874, 875 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
All 8,000 Starbucks stores going to be closed in the afternoon on May 29 to hold anti racial bias trainings. This ish is getting absurd.

Do people really buy in to this stuff? I’m kind of surprised corporations fold this easily.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/17/603282753/starbucks-closing-8-000-stores-for-an-afternoon-for-racial-bias-education

It's a showy move, and a smart one from a PR standpoint, to demonstrate that the company not only doesn't instill this, it is serious about addressing it.

For one to "buy into" your statement 24, one first has to acknowledge that racial bias exists.

Yeah, I agree with this and that was sort of my point. Has Starbucks admitted they have a systemic problem that needs fixing?

A good PR move is to come out and say we have a problem and here is the plan to fix it. Transparency. A bad PR move is not admitting you have a systemic problem but then faking a fix for a problem that doesn’t exist. Disingenuity. Could even appear to be admitting to a problem that doesn’t actually exist.

I think most people view this as a one off incident and not the result of a systemic issue. Then you have the outragers.

So who is being swayed by this?
you're still missing the point.

starbucks in one company filled with employees from all walks of life and they are constantly hiring new people. Why not get ahead of the curve after this one off incident(and lets assume it really is just a one off situation and they dont have a history or habit of doing this to people)? it's the right thing to do. It's always better to double check than to say I dont have an issue and wait until the day you do. Like i said in my previous reply. because of our country's history and current day cism. a lot of corporations and people in power as well as the rest of the citizens need to get to work in this area. Even if they themselves dont seem to have a problem.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Rick Santorum is on CNN trying to defend Trump's flip flop on why he fired Comey.

He stammered for a solid 5-10 seconds straight before remembering his Fox News talking points.

Santorum really lives up to his name's definition on Urban Dictionary (NSFW).

I was watching Santorum live and he said Trump can fire anyone for any reason, and because of this reason it cannot be obstruction of justice.

That's such a dumb statement. I live in an at will employment state and I can fire people for most any reason, or none at all, but i can't fire them in retaliation for reporting a safety violation, for example.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
On a lighter note, Puerto Rico is in the middle of an island wide blackout.
better call Elon
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

White Woman Facing Charges for Lunging at and Striking Pregnant Black Servicewoman at Georgia Restaurant

As Mitchell stood between Tucker and Sharpe, Tucker “lunged and struck Sharpe in the face,” the deputy’s report noted.

That’s when Sharpe pointed out that she was pregnant.

“I’m pregnant! Look at me, I’m pregnant! You’re pushing a pregnant lady!” Sharpe said in the video.

Tucker flippantly responded, “Well, my husband is handicapped!”

. . .

Anyway, as reported earlier, deputies made it quite clear that Tucker was the one to blame for the altercation.

“With all of the lunging and slapping happening, it was never shown through cell phone video that Mrs. Mitchell or Mrs. Sharpe did anything wrong,” the deputy’s report said. “In fact, Mrs. Mitchell tried, without fail, to stop the attack on Mrs. Sharpe.”

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Black students taunted as ‘slaves’ at Michigan school surrounded by Confederate flags]Black students taunted as ‘slaves’ at Michigan school surrounded by Confederate flags

Kendall Frost, a 17-year-old junior, showed MLive screen shots of social media taunts by white classmates who say she and other black students “shouldn’t go to Western because of our skin tone.”

This is Trump's America Folks . . . MAGA
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
I like to think that it doesn't even matter at this point. If Trump fires Rosenstein and Mueller it will definitely create a crisis for him. In addition to that the case that's already been built again him and his henchmen will not just stop. So, really there's no point in firing them.

I disagree. Nothing's going to happen to him if he fires them. We've come too far for him to be held responsible. Firing them will simply further the whole, "The evil Dems are after me" ruse and he will be able to sit back and say that he has put an end to fake investigations and attacks on his Presidency and he can get back to MAGA . . . and everyone in the GOP and their base will simply nod in agreement.

The whole concept of culpability jumped the shark going ago. We are too far down the rabbit hole to think that law, decency and rationality will bring this debacle to an end. All we can do now is sit back and vote and hope that others care enough to do so as well so we can vote all the vermin out of office. The law and constitution aren't going to help us at this point. We just have to hope the voting booths will.
very sad but true. And people are still forgetting. Even if you got your wish and it all came out and by some work of a miracle trump was found to be guilty on all counts including state stuff so he couldnt pardon himself. Guess who would be up next for prez? Exactly. No thanks.

It's still about getting these idiots up out of office. ALL OF THEM. And if those trump voters from the last go round are still to mentally ill to do the right thing when the votes come up again for congress and the pres. Then it may just be time to abolish that electoral college. You dont deserve a vote when you vote like an idiot with no rhyme or reason just hate. At least the 1%ers can say "i vote this way because it makes my pockets fatter." What's a middle to lower class trump voter's excuse?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

who the f*** is trump talking to?

idiot nation stand up and be counted...

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

It's tough to think of a person more braggadocios than Trump.
It's painful to watch sometimes.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
I like to think that it doesn't even matter at this point. If Trump fires Rosenstein and Mueller it will definitely create a crisis for him. In addition to that the case that's already been built again him and his henchmen will not just stop. So, really there's no point in firing them.

I disagree. Nothing's going to happen to him if he fires them. We've come too far for him to be held responsible. Firing them will simply further the whole, "The evil Dems are after me" ruse and he will be able to sit back and say that he has put an end to fake investigations and attacks on his Presidency and he can get back to MAGA . . . and everyone in the GOP and their base will simply nod in agreement.

The whole concept of culpability jumped the shark going ago. We are too far down the rabbit hole to think that law, decency and rationality will bring this debacle to an end. All we can do now is sit back and vote and hope that others care enough to do so as well so we can vote all the vermin out of office. The law and constitution aren't going to help us at this point. We just have to hope the voting booths will.

I think discrediting Robert Mueller is going to be tougher than it was with Comey. And at what point do life-long Republicans stop and think that Trump is in the right by claiming that not one but two Directors of the FBI are under the control of rouge Democrat power and are heading up fake investigations?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

It's tough to think of a person more braggadocios than Trump.
It's painful to watch sometimes.

always painful to watch for me ...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I think discrediting Robert Mueller is going to be tougher than it was with Comey. And at what point do life-long Republicans stop and think that Trump is in the right by claiming that not one but two Directors of the FBI are under the control of rouge Democrat power and are heading up fake investigations?

would they realize they are believing a lie? idiot nation stand up and be counted
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:

starbucks in one company filled with employees from all walks of life and they are constantly hiring new people. Why not get ahead of the curve after this one off incident(and lets assume it really is just a one off situation and they dont have a history or habit of doing this to people)? it's the right thing to do. It's always better to double check than to say I dont have an issue and wait until the day you do. Like i said in my previous reply. because of our country's history and current day cism. a lot of corporations and people in power as well as the rest of the citizens need to get to work in this area. Even if they themselves dont seem to have a problem.

I don't have an issue with it in a vacuum, just like I don't have an issue with organizations that employ diversity and other training in their organization as a general matter.

The issue I have with it, in this case, is that it starts with a presumption of guilt. And, that if they don't do it, then, then they must be an -ist or a -phobe.

Let me switch gears to you, just to illustrate the point. Have you completed your voluntary training to better learn how to not commit sexual assault?

If the answer is you haven't, why not? is it because you don't think it is important? Are you just waiting for the day that you do?

I think we would be a lot better off, in general, if we can distinguish between the Aziz Ansari's of the world from the Harvey Weinstein's. But it seems all too often these days that we're more interested in exerting control over others using identity politics as a baton, than we are solving actual problems.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/house-republicans-lay-groundwork-for-rosensteins-firing.html

House Republicans Lay the Groundwork for Trump to Fire Rosenstein

--------------

Trump won't fire Rosenstein otherwise it will be obstruction of justice. So the GOP is going to do for him. GOP is just as guilty as Trump is. Nunes get documents, leak it out, and lies that FBI/DOJ corrupt. So need to fire the leadership.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/house-republicans-lay-groundwork-for-rosensteins-firing.html

--------------

Trump won't fire Rosenstein otherwise it will be obstruction of justice. So the GOP is going to do for him. GOP is just as guilty as Trump is. Nunes get documents, leak it out, and lies that FBI/DOJ corrupt. So need to fire the leadership.

Humbling that we cannot trust our Politicians to protect the USA before their own pathetic careers...

Will it ever change.. GOP/Republicans are the epitome of fascism and evil in this country and they don't give a (bleep) what you think..

Do voters really want these sorts of human beings paid with their tax dollars...

This has reached epic levels of corruption and near treason..

These are the people the citizens of These United States vote for... someone save politics.. give us people with integrity and honesty and courage to face their own demons and be better human beings for humanitys sake...

Watching politics has become really creepy
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:

--------------

In essence if the GOP fires Rosenstein isn't that Trumps doing even though not directly.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject:

The fun thing in all of this is you don't have to even know what any of the evidence is. The simple fact that this group is working so hard to end the investigation tells you all you need to know.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Or as others have said, if Trump has done nothing wrong, then why is he behaving like a guilty person?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
splashmtn wrote:

I don't have an issue with it in a vacuum, just like I don't have an issue with organizations that employ diversity and other training in their organization as a general matter.

The issue I have with it, in this case, is that it starts with a presumption of guilt. And, that if they don't do it, then, then they must be an -ist or a -phobe.

Let me switch gears to you, just to illustrate the point. Have you completed your voluntary training to better learn how to not commit sexual assault?

If the answer is you haven't, why not? is it because you don't think it is important? Are you just waiting for the day that you do?

I think we would be a lot better off, in general, if we can distinguish between the Aziz Ansari's of the world from the Harvey Weinstein's. But it seems all too often these days that we're more interested in exerting control over others using identity politics as a baton, than we are solving actual problems.

to solve these two problems. oppression and abuse of women and the oppression and abuse of black americans. you may have to take the blanket approach first. Reason being is, odds are you've been born into a society that teaches horrible habits and has also institutionalized sexism and racism. when that is part of the fabric/foundation of this country. blanket actually works best early on. now once you run with the blanket option and that next generation is a lot less -ist. Then you can start doing what you're saying should be done. but until that happens. blanket it is.

See the thing you have to understand is this. If you are not -ist, then why care if they put the blanket over you. You know you are not part of the problem and you know you're part of the solution. so go on ahead to training and keep being the good person you have always been. while also doing some self examination to make sure you stay that good person not just to yourself but to others who are not like you.

Lol at a man being mad that someone assume he's a sexist or lol at a white person mad at some black person assuming he/she is a racist. for the most part, those two assumptions wont harm either party anywhere near at the level the status quo harms those oppressed groups(women, american blacks.) sure we know there are a few outliers but for the most part you know thats true.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fallout wrote:

--------------

In essence if the GOP fires Rosenstein isn't that Trumps doing even though not directly.

The key is that Trump didn't fire himself. He got idiots to do his dirty work. I think its a very real chance that Rosenstein will get fired, and Trump appoints a puppet who will fire Mueller, and GOP will try to sweep the whole thing under the rug.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The fun thing in all of this is you don't have to even know what any of the evidence is. The simple fact that this group is working so hard to end the investigation tells you all you need to know.
exactly.

Lets say for instance. I was the president. And the GOP had a big investigation going on and on and on and on and on about people connected to my campaign, russians,etc. If I myself knew that I personally didn't have any funny/illegal dealing with the russians, nor any super shady skeletons in my closest unrelated to these things. But I also noticed that during the investigation, the GOP were actually catching REAL criminals. I would tell the american people that even though I thought originally the investigation was politically motivated to make me look bad or oust me. Now that I see they are finding real bad guys, I want the investigation to continue so we can get to the bottom of all this and put these bad guys away. I would then say, I still maintain my innocence in any wrong doing or anything relating to russians, or any other shenanigans. I was an ethical/legal businessman before being elected as the president of the USofA.

but trump cant say that last part even if the first part is true. he knows he wasnt an ethical businessman. so even if by chance he wasnt in cahoots with the russians in some form or fashion. he still has all kinds of shady dealings that he doesnt want anyone to know about. It also damages his brand. which is where he makes most of his money anyway.

personally come to think of it. I think Trump is more angry about his Brand being damaged than he is about being impeached. If his brand is damaged enough. It wont just affect him but it will affect his children, and children's children.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

This x 100.

LarryCoon wrote:
Or as others have said, if Trump has done nothing wrong, then why is he behaving like a guilty person?

This x 101.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

This x 100.

LarryCoon wrote:

This x 101.

I win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
IPK wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

This x 100.

LarryCoon wrote:

This x 101.

I win.

I've been bigfooted
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

IPK wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

This x 100.

LarryCoon wrote:

This x 101.

I think many believe Trump is hiding something. I also believe many want to know what it is. Is it taxes, collusion, dealing with prostitutes, what is it?

Query; Trump's being depicted in some media as a buffoon, which I think he is. Is this good or bad for the country in the long run, as a whole? I think it's time to stop airing his idiocy, it's evident, it's not helping. I believe it's achieving's are negative. Giving the world a view of America that's not what we are. It further weakens a weakening Americas influence in the global community.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

When will MEDIA start

Headlining

What is Your President AFRAID of?

Why does he HATE America?

Why are Republicans so AFRAID of Mueller?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 873, 874, 875 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 874 of 3663
Jump to: