THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 878, 879, 880 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
especially since Pence would be the next man up. no thanks on him either.

Which makes for an interesting thought experiment. If Watergate history repeats itself and the VP resigns before the President does (or is forced out), whom does Trump choose as the replacement VP, and therefore his own successor?

Ivanka
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
What the heck.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbkcNiHXUAAYN2Q.jpg

That's going to go over well back in France.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
32 wrote:
What the heck.

probably solid enough for a new subReddit
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
32 wrote:
What the heck.

Meanwhile his wife is giving him the cold shoulder again.

https://twitter.com/misslaneym/status/988798356431495169
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
32 wrote:
What the heck.

This most certainly will not go over well in France:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/384592-trump-wipes-dandruff-off-macrons-shoulder

I saw this and said aloud to myself: What an AH!! What an AH!!! What an AH!!!!--of course I get to be freer with language to myself than here and did not actually say AH.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Emily Farris

@emayfarris
A Black woman mistakenly votes in an election in which she thought was allowed to but wasn’t: 5 YEARS IN JAIL.

A white male politician commits fraud to win an election in same county: PROBATION.http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article209608374.html …

9:49 AM - Apr 23, 2018

Tarrant County judge pleads guilty, resigns after using fake signatures to get on ballot

Quote:
Justice of the Peace Russ Casey pleaded guilty Monday to tampering with a government record and resigned after an investigation showed he turned in fake signatures to secure a place on the March 6 primary ballot.

The embattled judge, who worked in Northeast Tarrant County, was sentenced to two years in jail that was probated over five years.

"I apologize to the citizens of Tarrant County, the Tarrant County Republican Party, my family and friends for the way that I have ended my judicial career," Casey said in a written statement after the court hearing. "Today's proceedings have begun my transition from public to private life.

"I ask for forgiveness and respect for our privacy as we go through this transition."

Monday's legal action sparked criticism from some who say women convicted of voter fraud received much harsher punishment.

This case stems from claims earlier this year that Casey turned in fake signatures to secure a place on the ballot.

It was a controversial time for the Tarrant County Republican Party when a petition was filed to remove Casey — who represented Precinct 3 in Northeast Tarrant County — from the ballot amid the allegations of false signatures.

Casey withdrew his candidacy in January, ended his re-election bid and the case was turned over to law enforcers to investigate.

"In the end, having Mr. Casey not be on the ballot is a good thing for Tarrant County Republicans and residents,” Tarrant County Republican Party Chairman Tim O'Hare said at the time.

On Monday, after pleading guilty to the state jail felony charge in state district Judge Wayne Salvant's courtroom, Casey was sentenced.

"I want you to stay out of trouble," Salvant told Casey.

Part of the plea agreement calls for Casey to no longer frequent the Southlake Government Complex and Tarrant County Northeast Courthouse in Hurst, where he had judicial offices.

An investigation determined that many of the signatures on the petition Casey submitted were false and that Casey signed the form saying that he witnessed all the signatures, according to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.

"No one is above the law in Tarrant County," District Attorney Sharen Wilson said.

The Tarrant County Commissioners Court is expected to consider a replacement for Casey at their May 1 meeting.

Casey, first elected in 2007, has a history of making headlines.

Last year, he was reprimanded for having an "improper sexual relationship" with a former clerk by the State Commission on Judicial Conduct.....

This is racial but it's also about people in power once again being able to abuse their power and when someone that isnt in power breaks the law those in power go harder on the powerless citizen than they do on one of their own.

He should get twice as much jail time as any person who committed voter fraud that was not in a position of power.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
SweetP wrote:
32 wrote:
What the heck.

Meanwhile his wife is giving him the cold shoulder again.

https://twitter.com/misslaneym/status/988798356431495169

Awkward.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Quote:

Emily Farris

@emayfarris
A Black woman mistakenly votes in an election in which she thought was allowed to but wasn’t: 5 YEARS IN JAIL.

A white male politician commits fraud to win an election in same county: PROBATION.http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article209608374.html …

9:49 AM - Apr 23, 2018

Tarrant County judge pleads guilty, resigns after using fake signatures to get on ballot

Quote:
Justice of the Peace Russ Casey pleaded guilty Monday to tampering with a government record and resigned after an investigation showed he turned in fake signatures to secure a place on the March 6 primary ballot.

The embattled judge, who worked in Northeast Tarrant County, was sentenced to two years in jail that was probated over five years.

"I apologize to the citizens of Tarrant County, the Tarrant County Republican Party, my family and friends for the way that I have ended my judicial career," Casey said in a written statement after the court hearing. "Today's proceedings have begun my transition from public to private life.

"I ask for forgiveness and respect for our privacy as we go through this transition."

Monday's legal action sparked criticism from some who say women convicted of voter fraud received much harsher punishment.

This case stems from claims earlier this year that Casey turned in fake signatures to secure a place on the ballot.

It was a controversial time for the Tarrant County Republican Party when a petition was filed to remove Casey — who represented Precinct 3 in Northeast Tarrant County — from the ballot amid the allegations of false signatures.

Casey withdrew his candidacy in January, ended his re-election bid and the case was turned over to law enforcers to investigate.

"In the end, having Mr. Casey not be on the ballot is a good thing for Tarrant County Republicans and residents,” Tarrant County Republican Party Chairman Tim O'Hare said at the time.

On Monday, after pleading guilty to the state jail felony charge in state district Judge Wayne Salvant's courtroom, Casey was sentenced.

"I want you to stay out of trouble," Salvant told Casey.

Part of the plea agreement calls for Casey to no longer frequent the Southlake Government Complex and Tarrant County Northeast Courthouse in Hurst, where he had judicial offices.

An investigation determined that many of the signatures on the petition Casey submitted were false and that Casey signed the form saying that he witnessed all the signatures, according to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.

"No one is above the law in Tarrant County," District Attorney Sharen Wilson said.

The Tarrant County Commissioners Court is expected to consider a replacement for Casey at their May 1 meeting.

Casey, first elected in 2007, has a history of making headlines.

Last year, he was reprimanded for having an "improper sexual relationship" with a former clerk by the State Commission on Judicial Conduct.....

This is racial but it's also about people in power once again being able to abuse their power and when someone that isnt in power breaks the law those in power go harder on the powerless citizen than they do on one of their own.

He should get twice as much jail time as any person who committed voter fraud that was not in a position of power.

Nope.. Politicians are higher than Celebrity status.. Godlike in the USA

^^needs fixed..

Saw that earlier and thought it the most insane justice .. How could a person, the judge, go home at night and not think about this person they put in prison for almost 2000 nights.. for something so small and inconsequential..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

People should shame that politician into getting that woman released.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Great comparative post, splashmtnu ^^^.

It is such a great thing that we've not only solved racism, but have drained the swamp as well.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
What the heck.

Trump also brush away 'dandruffs' on his shoulder. Thats pretty insulting to do that in public in front of the media.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

The GOP - the party of lies, corruption, self-dealing and anti-science as exemplified by a single cabinet member:

Pruitt scales back EPA’s use of science

He has 10 investigations into personal corruption as EPA chief, and is apparently safe in his job. So why not further gut the EPA? Who's going to stop him?

#ElectionsHaveConsequences
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
32 wrote:
What the heck.

Trump also brush away 'dandruffs' on his shoulder. Thats pretty insulting to do that in public in front of the media.

I would've pushed his hand away.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Fallout wrote:
32 wrote:
What the heck.

I would've pushed his hand away.

that's Melania's job she did come in on an "Einstein visa" after all

trump marries immigrants and "breeds" is ugly as all sin its like going so deep into self satire and projection and neurosis/narcissism/personalty disorder it would be funny if it wasn't so sad and dangerous
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Trump's EPA argues more people will die in car accidents unless California fuel rules are weakened

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-fuel-economy-trump-20180419-story.html

--------------

Mick Mulvaney Casually Explains to Bankers How He Instituted a Pay-to-Play Rule for Lobbyists While in Congress

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/04/mick-mulvaney-explains-his-pay-to-play-rule-for-lobbyists-while-in-congress.html

------------

GOP and republicans don't care the country is going down the drain. Morality be damned as long as they represent 1. Guns 2. Pro-birth 3. Anti-immigration
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:

GOP and republicans don't care the country is going down the drain.

nothing new...

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub."
Grover Norquist 2001
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Is Trumps contemplating pardoning Jack Johnson, a Black man convicted of violating the Mann Act, a message to Cohen?

This is a president who hasn't said a thing about a Black man who saved many at the Waffle House. Maybe I missed it.

Side note no real meaning;
Saw a video of Ronny Jackson walking across a outside intersection with his hat under his arm. You have to have served in the military to know this is a no no. You don't go uncovered outside.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is Trumps contemplating pardoning Jack Johnson, a Black man convicted of violating the Mann Act, a message to Cohen?

This is a president who hasn't said a thing about a Black man who saved many at the Waffle House. Maybe I missed it.

no...he's considering it only because Obama didn't do it .
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

no...he's considering it only because Obama didn't do it .

Really? How many presidents before Obama didn't (though you may have a point)? I think he's flossing his pardoning power for Cohen so he won't flip. LINK
Quote:
Campaigns for posthumous pardons have been in motion since the turn of the century, but have not found much success.

In 2016, a group of congressmen — including Sen. John McCain, then-Sen. Harry Reid, and Reps. Peter King and Gregory Meeks — petitioned President Barack Obama for a pardon in honor of the 70th anniversary of Johnson's death. Sen. Cory Booker joined the group in March 2017.

"Despite this resolution passing both chambers of Congress several times in recent years, no pardon has been issued to date," McCain said in a statement at the time. "I hope President Trump will seize the opportunity before him to right this historical wrong and restore a great athlete's legacy."

If pardoned, Johnson would join former Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was convicted of racially profiling Latinos; Kristian Saucier, a sailor convicted of taking photos in a restricted area of a submarine; and Lewis “Scooter” Libby, a Bush aide convicted of leaking the name of a CIA agent, as a recipient of a Trump pardon.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:06 pm; edited 5 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Trump's EPA argues more people will die in car accidents unless California fuel rules are weakened

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-fuel-economy-trump-20180419-story.html

California’s fuel rules have been a joke. Let’s require the addition of MtBE to our fuel mixture. MtBE causes cancer? Let’s mandate that fuel operators spend billions on cleaning up the problem that we ignorantly created.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Kanye's photo of him wearing a "MAGA" hat and posing with an older white guy literally throwing a "White Power" hand signal.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I respect Kanye's political opinions about as much as I respect Donald Trump's hip hop opinions.
I can separate the art from the artist.
So I will be downloading his albums for free when they come out in June. His comments are rubbing me the wrong way though, and I'm glad he won't be making any money off me in the future.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Kanye's attacks on Taylor Swift were borderline racist. Guess he hasn't learned (bleep).
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
especially since Pence would be the next man up. no thanks on him either.

Which makes for an interesting thought experiment. If Watergate history repeats itself and the VP resigns before the President does (or is forced out), whom does Trump choose as the replacement VP, and therefore his own successor?
Trump chooses Cohen the fixer/i meant lawyer. So then he can pardon trump if trump for some reason could not pardon himself and cohen could then also pardon himself if by chance trump fell first and lost the title prior to cohen down.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Kanye's photo of him wearing a "MAGA" hat and posing with an older white guy literally throwing a "White Power" hand signal.

mental illness in its clearest form. remember kanye isnt that far removed from that mental meltdown when he had to go into the hospital.

kanye just proves what i've said here. to vote for or support trump you have to be mentally ill. there's no way around it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 878, 879, 880 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 879 of 3673
Jump to: