THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 901, 902, 903 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

Republicans have no shame and are sneaky (bleep)

What sort of idiot traitor to sanity does one have to be to claim Trump should be considered for a Nobel before a Noose

Living vicariously through False Bravado
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:

Reminder
Quote:

I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-fifth-avenue-comment/

^^^ Partisanship.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Huge news—the Ethics Office concluded that Trump made a false statement on his prior ethics disclosure, which is a crime if it is done knowingly and willfully, and referred the matter to Rosenstein for potential criminal prosecution.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/996806545122955264
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Breaking: the U.S. Senate just voted 52-47 vote on the bill to restore #NetNeutrality and to protect a fair and open internet. Amazing victory for consumers, small businesses and rural communities. Final vote at 3. Watch on CSpan!

https://twitter.com/amyklobuchar/status/996798865151004674
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

The problem with the Dems is they don't have a clear plan. And even worse, don't have a good candidate. Dems might not win the Senate, but they need to at least win the House.

One hope is Mueller starting big ticket indictments during election and mired Trump in trouble.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

Trump admits to a lie. Will it make a difference? I don't think so. His base won't budge.

In new financial disclosure, Trump reports apparent payment through his personal attorney to adult-film star

LINK

Quote:
Earlier this year, Trump told reporters on Air Force One that he had not known about Cohen’s payment to Daniels.

“Do you know where he got the money to make that payment?” a reporter asked at the time.

“No,” Trump said. “I don’t know.”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
The problem with the Dems is they don't have a clear plan. And even worse, don't have a good candidate. Dems might not win the Senate, but they need to at least win the House.

One hope is Mueller starting big ticket indictments during election and mired Trump in trouble.

Personally, I think Eric Holder is the guy I'd love to see run. He's not the same type of charisma of an Obama or Bill Clinton, but he's really great both scripted and not, has a palpable authenticity and sense of integrity, and would be an outstanding bookend to Trump.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Personally, I think Eric Holder is the guy I'd love to see run. He's not the same type of charisma of an Obama or Bill Clinton, but he's really great both scripted and not, has a palpable authenticity and sense of integrity, and would be an outstanding bookend to Trump.

I'd vote for Holder. He has a good reputation and few skeletons.

Eric Holder: I'm Considering Running For President

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Make America Decent Again
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Isn't he too connected to Obama/Hillary/Fast & Furious....? I feel like Dems should run someone who isn't connected to previous administrations, thus taking away a talking point Republicans can use or video Fox News can play 24 hours a day. Just run someone young, smart and not afraid to talk (bleep) to Trump at a debate.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

Isn't he too connected to Obama/Hillary/Fast & Furious....? I feel like Dems should run someone who isn't connected to previous administrations, thus taking away a talking point Republicans can use or video Fox News can play 24 hours a day. Just run someone young, smart and not afraid to talk (bleep) to Trump at a debate.

IMO, that's playing their game. If you think you're going to get a candidate who fox news isn't going to absolutely pillory, and that it's going to make a tiny bit of difference whether there's any there there, don't know what to say. You want qualified people, and qualified people have a record, good and bad.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Trump admits to a lie. Will it make a difference? I don't think so. His base won't budge.

In new financial disclosure, Trump reports apparent payment through his personal attorney to adult-film star

LINK

Quote:
Earlier this year, Trump told reporters on Air Force One that he had not known about Cohen’s payment to Daniels.

“Do you know where he got the money to make that payment?” a reporter asked at the time.

He put this out to drown out the new details on the Russia investigation.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, connecting a candidate to Obama would be a very good thing in the next election IMO. Also gives you an opportunity to bring in a young, progressive firebrand at VP.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I think ​Julián Castro could have a real shot to win
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

IMO, that's playing their game. If you think you're going to get a candidate who fox news isn't going to absolutely pillory, and that it's going to make a tiny bit of difference whether there's any there there, don't know what to say. You want qualified people, and qualified people have a record, good and bad.

The people who watch Fox news tend to only watch Fox news. Worrying about them is pointless
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

He put this out to drown out the new details on the Russia investigation.

He didn't have anything to do with this being made public. Nothing he can do will "drown out" the Russian investigation.

He's a liar, known liar. He's made over 3,000 false or misleading statements since he took the oath of office.

Lies don't make a difference to his base. To them he's Teflon Don.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

The people who watch Fox news tend to only watch Fox news. Worrying about them is pointless

I don't think it's impossible to win some over, to be honest, especially older viewers who still have a moral compass. The more corruption that comes out of this WH, the easier it will be to juxtapose Trump with someone with dignity and intelligence. Not saying Holder doesn't represent that, but it would perhaps be an easier sell if it weren't also someone so closely associated with previous Democratic administrations.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Trump has awaken sleeping giants. Youth, voters heretofore not keeping up with day to day politics, women voters, minority voters, racists. Of the aforementioned racists are so outnumbered. I envision a 2020 turnout never before seen. I think Americans with integrity will be the overall winners.

More people watch real news than fake (FoxNews). In 2020 real news will be important. IMO Trumps enemy, (fake news) will cause his demise.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I don't think it's impossible to win some over, to be honest, especially older viewers who still have a moral compass. The more corruption that comes out of this WH, the easier it will be to juxtapose Trump with someone with dignity and intelligence. Not saying Holder doesn't represent that, but it would perhaps be an easier sell if it weren't also someone so closely associated with previous Democratic administrations.

I admire this sensibility, I just don't see it as much of a proposition in reality. What you would have to do to get a few persuadable people who won't otherwise come is wildly offset by what you have to do.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fallout wrote:

I understand your position. However if you've been taking notes Obama's administration is starting to get it's true recognition. Aligning Holder with Obama will be a asset.

Personally I'm disturbed by corruption on both sides of the aisle.

EDIT: Is Sarah Sanders vacation permanent?

Last edited by jodeke on Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Missing Files Motivated the Leak of Michael Cohen’s Financial Records

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/missing-files-motivated-the-leak-of-michael-cohens-financial-records

That source, a law-enforcement official, is speaking publicly for the first time, to The New Yorker, to explain the motivation: the official had grown alarmed after being unable to find two important reports on Cohen’s financial activity in a government database. The official, worried that the information was being withheld from law enforcement, released the remaining documents.

----------------

Wow, someone is hiding suspicious activities of Cohen from federal databases. The GOP corruption is deep. All these crimes by GOP and Trump should be one of the biggest political news for decades. GOP will do everything in their power to bury all of this. GOP and Trump is a bigger threat to American then foreign powers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Fwiw, a former high level prosecutor pointed out that the missing reports only point you toward the possible wrongdoing, and the records themselves are the important part, and since Meuller was already looking at Cohen and can get all the underlying bank records, the missing reports in the database are either actually missing for a harmless reason (including a law enforcement probe), or they represent an incompetent attempt at a coverup.

Basically, it’s like getting rid of the 911 call after the police already arrived.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Fox News ✔ @FoxNews
Rudy Giuliani on Russia investigation: "When I ran against [Democrats] they were looking for dirt on me every day, I mean, that's what you do...Nothing illegal about that. And even if it comes from a Russian or a German or an American, it doesn't matter." @IngrahamAngle

Boy they've moved the goal posts so far. I remember when Trump and his people said there was no contact between the campaign and Russia.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Fox News ✔ @FoxNews
Rudy Giuliani on Russia investigation: "When I ran against [Democrats] they were looking for dirt on me every day, I mean, that's what you do...Nothing illegal about that. And even if it comes from a Russian or a German or an American, it doesn't matter." @IngrahamAngle

Boy they've moved the goal posts so far. I remember when Trump and his people said there was no contact between the campaign and Russia.

It has been an understanding as citizens that RUSSIA was an enemy just for the fact of NATO...

Russy Giuliani has sold his citizenship.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

On my phone at work so I cant attach a link... But anyone see the lawyer Dbag in Manhattan who was recorded going on a racist tirade about th Spanish-speaking ladies?

The internet found out who he is and its probably gonna get ugly. Lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 901, 902, 903 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 902 of 3663
Jump to: