THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 906, 907, 908 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Steele is a foreign agent who has ties and worked for a foreign government as an intelligence official. While Hilary was not involved in Steele's actual reports, she and the DNC paid him money to create the dossier.

The Russian trolling had to do with spreading division among america, not about supporting one candidate. The Russians helped to spread information regarding anti Trump rallies after the election for example.

Last edited by Laker4andmore on Mon May 21, 2018 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
Steele is a foreign agent who has ties and worked for a foreign government as an intelligence official. While Hilary was not involved in Steele's actual reports, she and the DNC paid him money to create the dossier.

The Russian trolling had to do with spreading division among america, not about supporting one candidate. The Russians help to spread information regarding anti Trump rallies after the election for example.

Dance all you want.
Steele worked at a private company in an allied country when he created the dossier.
Trump's campaign solicited information from a government with opposing interests to the US. And they knew it was wrong, it's why they've lied about the contacts repeatedly.

Your 2nd paragraph is at odds with ALL of our intelligence agencies. So forgive me if I side with them. Russia actively worked to help Trump and hurt Hillary prior to the election.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Fusion GPS, a private investigative firm, provided political opposition research against Trump in two distinct phases, with completely separate funders. Fusion GPS was first contracted by a conservative political website, The Washington Free Beacon, and Steele was not involved in that research. When Trump became the presumptive nominee on May 3, 2016, The Free Beacon stopped their backing. Separately, in April 2016, attorney Marc Elias hired Fusion GPS to investigate Trump on behalf of Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2%80%93Russia_dossier
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
Fusion GPS, a private investigative firm, provided political opposition research against Trump in two distinct phases, with completely separate funders. Fusion GPS was first contracted by a conservative political website, The Washington Free Beacon, and Steele was not involved in that research. When Trump became the presumptive nominee on May 3, 2016, The Free Beacon stopped their backing. Separately, in April 2016, attorney Marc Elias hired Fusion GPS to investigate Trump on behalf of Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

All you need to know is the bolded. That's my point.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon May 21, 2018 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:

Private citizens can be foreign agents. Because of Steele's ties to a foreign government, he would be forced to register as a foreign agent in the US.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:

Private citizens can be foreign agents. Because of Steele's ties to a foreign government, he would be forced to register as a foreign agent in the US.

Contracts for opposition research by private firms are all above ground. Payments can be seen publicly. They don't have the same power to blackmail political leaders as a foreign government working under the table while the candidate's campaign lies about it's contacts with said foreign, adversarial government.

I don't like Trump's policies. But that's not why I'm making the point. If a Dem did the same thing, I would call them out equally.

You don't have secret meetings and undisclosed quid pro quo deals with foreign government adversaries. Because then you are "in their pocket". It's pretty common sense. And it's a standard that is universal (even outside the US).
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

You don't have secret meetings and undisclosed quid pro quo deals with foreign government adversaries. Because then you are "in their pocket". It's pretty common sense. And it's a standard that is universal (even outside the US).

Like John Kerry?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Trump campaign issued at least 15 blanket denials of contacts with Russia, all of which have been proven false.

July 24, 2016 – Paul Manafort appeared on ABC’s This Week and George Stephanopoulos asked him “Are there any ties between Mr. Trump, you or your campaign and Putin and his regime?” To which Manafort responded, “No, there are not. That’s absurd. And you know, there’s no basis to it.”

July 24, 2016: Donald Trump Jr. appeared on CNN and told Jake Tapper that the Clinton campaign’s suggestion that Russia was helping Trump was “disgusting” and “phony,” noting, “Well, it just goes to show you their exact moral compass. I mean, they will say anything to be able to win this. I mean, this is time and time again, lie after lie.”

July 27, 2016: Trump appeared on a CBS Miami news station and, in response to allegations that Russia was trying to help him win the election, told Jim DeFed, “I can tell you I think if I came up with that they’d say, ‘Oh, it’s a conspiracy theory, it’s ridiculous’ … I mean I have nothing to do with Russia. I don’t have any jobs in Russia. I’m all over the world but we’re not involved in Russia.”

October 24, 2016: At a rally in Tampa, Florida, Trump stated he has “nothing to do with Russia, folks. I’ll give you a written statement.”

November 11, 2016: Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks gave the Associated Press a blanket denial of Trump campaign contacts with Russia, stating, “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”

December 18, 2016: Kellyanne Conway went on “Face the Nation,” and John Dickerson asked her, “Did anyone involved … in the Trump campaign have any contact with Russians trying to meddle with the election?” Conway responded, “Absolutely not. And I discussed that with the president-elect just last night. Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it’s a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it’s dangerous.”

January 10, 2017: At a hearing for Jeff Sessions’ nomination for the position of attorney general, Senator Al Franken asked him what he would do if there was evidence “that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign.” Sessions replied, “I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

January 15, 2017: Vice President-elect Mike Pence went on “Fox News Sunday,”and Chris Wallace asked him, “So, I’m asking a direct question: was there any contact in any way between Trump or his associates and the Kremlin or cutouts they had?” Pence replied, “Of course not. Why would there be any contacts between the campaign?

January 15, 2017: That same day, Pence also went on “Face the Nation,” where John Dickerson asked him, “Just to button up one question, did any advisor or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the election?” Pence replied, “Of course not. And I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.”

February 16, 2017: Trump held a press conference and told reporters, “Russia is a ruse. I know you have to get up and ask a question. It’s so important. Russia is a ruse. I have nothing to do with Russia. Haven’t made a phone call to Russia in years. Don’t speak to people from Russia. Not that I wouldn’t. I just have nobody to speak to. I spoke to Putin twice. He called me on the election. I told you this. And he called me on the inauguration, a few days ago. We had a very good talk, especially the second one, lasted for a pretty long period of time. I’m sure you probably get it because it was classified. So I’m sure everybody in this room perhaps has it. But we had a very, very good talk. I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge no person that I deal with does.”

February 19, 2017: White House Chief of Staff Reince Preibus went on “Fox News Sunday,” and when Chris Wallace asked whether the Trump team had any connections to Russia, Preibus said “no.” Preibus later went on to add, “Let me give you an example. First of all, The New York Times put out an article with no direct sources that said that the Trump campaign had constant contacts with Russian spies, basically, you know, some treasonous type of accusations. We have now all kinds of people looking into this. I can assure you and I have been approved to say this—that the top levels of the intelligence community have assured me that that story is not only inaccurate, but it’s grossly overstated and it was wrong. And there’s nothing to it.”

February 20, 2017: White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders denied contacts between Russia and the Trump campaign, stating, “This is a nonstory because to the best of our knowledge, no contacts took place, so it’s hard to make a comment on something that never happened.”

February 24, 2017: At a White House press briefing, Sean Spicer was asked whether “the President has an improper relationship with Russia” and responded, “He has no interests in Russia. He has no—there’s only so many times he can deny something that doesn’t exist.”

May 11, 2017: In an interview with NBC, Trump told Lester Holt, “I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant—which I owned for quite a while—I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that I have nothing to do with Russia.” Later in the interview, when discussing Comey’s firing, Trump stated, “And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself—I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election they should’ve won.”

May 18, 2017: At a press conference in May 2017, Trump repeatedly denied any collusion occurred between his campaign and Russia, at one point stating, “[T] he entire thing has been a witch hunt. And there is no collusion between, certainly, myself and my campaign, but I can only speak for myself and the Russians—zero.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Like John Kerry?

?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Wonder why Hillary's campaign didn't lie about paying for opposition research from a private firm and Trump's campaign lied at least 15 times about working with the Russian government. Since the 2 of those things are completely the same thing.

Your false equivalency isn't even something Trump's people agree with. See the 15 lies above. You don't lie when you've done nothing wrong. Again, it's common sense.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Like John Kerry?

?

John Kerry, a private citizen who is not a current government official, was photographed meeting with Iran government officials after Trump announced that he was backing out of the Iran deal.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Like John Kerry?

?

John Kerry, a private citizen who is not an elected official, was photographed meeting with Iran government officials after Trump announced that he was backing out of the Iran deal.

So the meeting wasn't secret. And there was no quid pro quo. I don't see the comparison.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

So the meeting wasn't secret.

Really? So you can tell us the specifics of what they talked about?
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Washington (CNN)Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been engaging in shadow diplomacy to try to preserve the Iran nuclear deal, a major diplomatic achievement of his, according to a new report.
Over recent months, Kerry has been holding meetings and speaking with big players in the Iran nuclear agreement, who, like Kerry, do not want President Donald Trump to withdraw the US from the deal, The Boston Globe reported.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/05/politics/john-kerry-iran-deal/index.html

No specifics from the meeting were disclosed. Why is a private citizen meeting with foreign adversarial government agents over government dealings?

I love CNN's headline "John Kerry engaging in shadow diplomacy to salvage Iran deal: The Boston Globe"

More like shadow government lol

Last edited by Laker4andmore on Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:

So the meeting wasn't secret.

Really? So you can tell us the specifics of what they talked about?

I didn't even know about the meeting. What power does John Kerry have as a private citizen and ex member of a minority party?

Meeting with foreign leaders is fine. Lying about it to the intelligence committee isn't (ask the current Trump campaign members who plead guilty after the fact).

Last edited by kikanga on Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Sally Yates:
Quote:

And, in fact, Mr. McGahn responded back to me to let me know that anything that General Flynn would've said would have been based -- excuse me -- anything that Vice President Pence would have said would have been based on what General Flynn had told him.

We told him the third reason was -- is because we were concerned that the American people had been misled about the underlying conduct and what General Flynn had done, and additionally, that we weren't the only ones that knew all of this, that the Russians also knew about what General Flynn had done.

And the Russians also knew that General Flynn had misled the vice president and others, because in the media accounts, it was clear from the vice president and others that they were repeating what General Flynn had told them, and that this was a problem because not only did we believe that the Russians knew this, but that they likely had proof of this information.

And that created a compromise situation, a situation where the national security adviser essentially could be blackmailed by the Russians.

This is why can't work in the White House after having secret, quid pro quo meetings with adversarial government officials.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon May 21, 2018 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:

Why is Mueller idicting people?

Guess the Steele Dossier also has mind control powers
and a time machine to make manafort lie to the govt.. make flynn lie to govt.. etc

Maybe you should look up who Steele is and how much he helped the US Govt and FBI
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
Washington (CNN)Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been engaging in shadow diplomacy to try to preserve the Iran nuclear deal, a major diplomatic achievement of his, according to a new report.
Over recent months, Kerry has been holding meetings and speaking with big players in the Iran nuclear agreement, who, like Kerry, do not want President Donald Trump to withdraw the US from the deal, The Boston Globe reported.

No specifics from the meeting were disclosed. Why is a private citizen meeting with foreign adversarial government agents over government dealings?

I love CNN's headline "John Kerry engaging in shadow diplomacy to salvage Iran deal: The Boston Globe"

Trump hasn't sought to help the USA
He has sought a racist policy of denegroing the US deals and bills written

Will you support more dead soldiers for Israel?
and now Saudi Arabia
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Sally Yates:
Quote:

And, in fact, Mr. McGahn responded back to me to let me know that anything that General Flynn would've said would have been based -- excuse me -- anything that Vice President Pence would have said would have been based on what General Flynn had told him.

We told him the third reason was -- is because we were concerned that the American people had been misled about the underlying conduct and what General Flynn had done, and additionally, that we weren't the only ones that knew all of this, that the Russians also knew about what General Flynn had done.

And the Russians also knew that General Flynn had misled the vice president and others, because in the media accounts, it was clear from the vice president and others that they were repeating what General Flynn had told them, and that this was a problem because not only did we believe that the Russians knew this, but that they likely had proof of this information.

And that created a compromise situation, a situation where the national security adviser essentially could be blackmailed by the Russians.

This is why can't work in the White House after having secret, quid pro quo meetings with adversarial government officials.

WHY DID THEY HIRE HIM

^^^^^^knowing everything in advance

because he knew how to get to the info the russians wanted?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

More like you and Derp State crisis

President meets with Russian general and ambassador.. FORBIDS AMERICANS from being present
GAVE AWAY ULTRA TOP SECRET intelligence to the Russians

^^how does that relate to diplomacy by a private citizen or whatever you want to call him
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
The Trump campaign issued at least 15 blanket denials of contacts with Russia, all of which have been proven false.

July 24, 2016 – Paul Manafort appeared on ABC’s This Week and George Stephanopoulos asked him “Are there any ties between Mr. Trump, you or your campaign and Putin and his regime?” To which Manafort responded, “No, there are not. That’s absurd. And you know, there’s no basis to it.”

July 24, 2016: Donald Trump Jr. appeared on CNN and told Jake Tapper that the Clinton campaign’s suggestion that Russia was helping Trump was “disgusting” and “phony,” noting, “Well, it just goes to show you their exact moral compass. I mean, they will say anything to be able to win this. I mean, this is time and time again, lie after lie.”

July 27, 2016: Trump appeared on a CBS Miami news station and, in response to allegations that Russia was trying to help him win the election, told Jim DeFed, “I can tell you I think if I came up with that they’d say, ‘Oh, it’s a conspiracy theory, it’s ridiculous’ … I mean I have nothing to do with Russia. I don’t have any jobs in Russia. I’m all over the world but we’re not involved in Russia.”

October 24, 2016: At a rally in Tampa, Florida, Trump stated he has “nothing to do with Russia, folks. I’ll give you a written statement.”

November 11, 2016: Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks gave the Associated Press a blanket denial of Trump campaign contacts with Russia, stating, “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”

December 18, 2016: Kellyanne Conway went on “Face the Nation,” and John Dickerson asked her, “Did anyone involved … in the Trump campaign have any contact with Russians trying to meddle with the election?” Conway responded, “Absolutely not. And I discussed that with the president-elect just last night. Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it’s a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it’s dangerous.”

January 10, 2017: At a hearing for Jeff Sessions’ nomination for the position of attorney general, Senator Al Franken asked him what he would do if there was evidence “that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign.” Sessions replied, “I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.”

January 15, 2017: Vice President-elect Mike Pence went on “Fox News Sunday,”and Chris Wallace asked him, “So, I’m asking a direct question: was there any contact in any way between Trump or his associates and the Kremlin or cutouts they had?” Pence replied, “Of course not. Why would there be any contacts between the campaign?

January 15, 2017: That same day, Pence also went on “Face the Nation,” where John Dickerson asked him, “Just to button up one question, did any advisor or anybody in the Trump campaign have any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the election?” Pence replied, “Of course not. And I think to suggest that is to give credence to some of these bizarre rumors that have swirled around the candidacy.”

February 16, 2017: Trump held a press conference and told reporters, “Russia is a ruse. I know you have to get up and ask a question. It’s so important. Russia is a ruse. I have nothing to do with Russia. Haven’t made a phone call to Russia in years. Don’t speak to people from Russia. Not that I wouldn’t. I just have nobody to speak to. I spoke to Putin twice. He called me on the election. I told you this. And he called me on the inauguration, a few days ago. We had a very good talk, especially the second one, lasted for a pretty long period of time. I’m sure you probably get it because it was classified. So I’m sure everybody in this room perhaps has it. But we had a very, very good talk. I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge no person that I deal with does.”

February 19, 2017: White House Chief of Staff Reince Preibus went on “Fox News Sunday,” and when Chris Wallace asked whether the Trump team had any connections to Russia, Preibus said “no.” Preibus later went on to add, “Let me give you an example. First of all, The New York Times put out an article with no direct sources that said that the Trump campaign had constant contacts with Russian spies, basically, you know, some treasonous type of accusations. We have now all kinds of people looking into this. I can assure you and I have been approved to say this—that the top levels of the intelligence community have assured me that that story is not only inaccurate, but it’s grossly overstated and it was wrong. And there’s nothing to it.”

February 20, 2017: White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders denied contacts between Russia and the Trump campaign, stating, “This is a nonstory because to the best of our knowledge, no contacts took place, so it’s hard to make a comment on something that never happened.”

February 24, 2017: At a White House press briefing, Sean Spicer was asked whether “the President has an improper relationship with Russia” and responded, “He has no interests in Russia. He has no—there’s only so many times he can deny something that doesn’t exist.”

May 11, 2017: In an interview with NBC, Trump told Lester Holt, “I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant—which I owned for quite a while—I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that I have nothing to do with Russia.” Later in the interview, when discussing Comey’s firing, Trump stated, “And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself—I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election they should’ve won.”

May 18, 2017: At a press conference in May 2017, Trump repeatedly denied any collusion occurred between his campaign and Russia, at one point stating, “[T] he entire thing has been a witch hunt. And there is no collusion between, certainly, myself and my campaign, but I can only speak for myself and the Russians—zero.

But the investigation isn't legit..
Then why they lying
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

WHY DID THEY HIRE HIM

Because he had security clearance from the Obama administration that transferred over.

Once a person has security clearance there is no reason not to hire him.

If the Obama administration had such great concerns about Flynn they could have take his security clearance away. They didnt.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

WHY DID THEY HIRE HIM

Because he had security clearance from the Obama administration that transferred over.

If the Obama administration had such great concerns about Flynn they could have take his security clearance away. They didnt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+told+not+to+hire+flynn

But they hired him anyways.. .surely there wasn't a better option.. surely no better option

He needed to do some work for someone.. not fill the position
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

WHY DID THEY HIRE HIM

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+told+not+to+hire+flynn

But they hired him anyways.. .surely there wasn't a better option.. surely no better option

He needed to do some work for someone.. not fill the position

Why should I believe that Obama told Trump not to hire him.

Obama had concerns about Flynn but yet the Obama administration didnt take away his security clearance. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Obama telling Trump to not hire Flynn seems made up after the fact.

If Obama was so concerned with Flynn, why wasnt his security clearance removed?

Last edited by Laker4andmore on Mon May 21, 2018 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

TIL John Kerry meeting with Iran to save an internationally supported deal to limit Iran's nuclear capabilities is the exact same thing as coordinating with Kremlin to win a US election.

Publicly advocating for less nuclear weapon capability for Iran = Treason

and if you missed it earlier

Fusion GPS = Kremlin

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 906, 907, 908 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 907 of 3663
Jump to: