THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 907, 908, 909 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:

WHY DID THEY HIRE HIM

^^^^^^knowing everything in advance

because he knew how to get to the info the russians wanted?

Because he had security clearance from the Obama administration that transferred over.

Once a person has security clearance there is no reason not to hire him.

If the Obama administration had such great concerns about Flynn they could have take his security clearance away. They didnt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trump+told+not+to+hire+flynn

But they hired him anyways.. .surely there wasn't a better option.. surely no better option

He needed to do some work for someone.. not fill the position

Why should I believe that Obama told Trump not to hire him.

Obama had concerns about Flynn but yet he didnt take away his security clearance. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

So we are supposed to believe your (bleep) but i post google with 100 different sources and you go all BANNON on us

ALT NEWs
FAKE NEWS

Psychosis
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
TIL John Kerry meeting with Iran to save an internationally supported deal to limit Iran's nuclear capabilities is the exact same thing as coordinating with Kremlin to win a US election.

No evidence of that.

Meeting with someone and meeting with someone to win an election are two completely different things.

Absolutely no evidence has been presented that Trumps campaign met with Russian government officials in an effort to win an election. None whatsoever.

Manafort and Flynn's charges have absolutely nothing to do with meeting with Russian government officials to win an election.

Last edited by Laker4andmore on Mon May 21, 2018 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:
TIL John Kerry meeting with Iran to save an internationally supported deal to limit Iran's nuclear capabilities is the exact same thing as coordinating with Kremlin to win a US election.

No evidence of that.

Meeting with someone and meeting with someone to win an election are two completely different things.

Absolutely no evidence has been presented that Trumps campaign met with Russian government officials in an effort to win an election. None whatsoever.

Quote:
Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best
Rob Goldstone
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,
Don

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

On Jun 7, 2016, at 5:16 PM, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

How about 3 at our offices? Thanks rob appreciate you helping set it up.

D

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2016, at 5:19 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Perfect...I won't sit in on the meeting, but will bring them at 3pm and introduce you etc.

I will send the names of the two people meeting with you for security when I have them later today.

best

Rob

On Jun 7, 2016, at 18:14, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Great. It will likely be Paul Manafort (campaign boss) my brother in law and me. 725 Fifth Ave 25th floor.

Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:

No evidence of that.

Quote:
Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best
Rob Goldstone
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,
Don

Im not sure what that email is supposed to prove?

Where was the meeting with Russian government officials to win an election. Who was there? What were their names? When was it? How was it disclosed that the meeting was about winning an election?

The best the left has come up with is a meeting with a Russian lawyer who is a private citizen who has never worked for the Russian government.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

Where was the meeting with Russian government officials to win an election.

From email wrote:

Sorry you're right. Officials would've been flagged entering the country. Just people who explicitly stated they were working for the Russian government met in Trump tower.
Laker4andmore wrote:

Who was there? What were their names? When was it?

Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort, Donald Jr., Natalia Veselnitskaya, Rinat Akhmetshin. June 9, 2016
Laker4andmore wrote:

How was it disclosed that the meeting was about winning an election?

From email wrote:

Laker4andmore wrote:

The best the left has come up with is a meeting with a Russian lawyer who is a private citizen who has never worked for the Russian government.

Natalia Veselnitskaya wrote:
I am a lawyer, and I am an informant,” she said. “Since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general.”

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, gonna quit feeding the troll. Pretty standard performance.
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Sorry you're right. Officials would've been flagged entering the country. Just people who explicitly stated they were working for the Russian government met in Trump tower.

Fake news.

Didnt happen.

No one in that meeting said they were working for the Russian government.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

And there you have it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Yeah, gonna quit feeding the troll. Pretty standard performance.

I remember talking to Republicans pre-Trump.
The way they discussed global warming facts back then is the way Trump Republicans discuss most facts now.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
And there you have it.

Have what?

Talking and working are two different things.

No evidence that the Russian government paid the Russian lawyer that was at the meeting for anything.

She was a private citizen who never worked for the government who said she spoke, not worked, with government officials.

Like I said, no one in the Trump Jr meeting said they worked for the Russian government. Thats fake news.

Last edited by Laker4andmore on Mon May 21, 2018 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Fair enough. I don't feel like running in circles with someone who says one thing, then changes it, then denies it, then moves the goalposts, denies facts, creates alternative facts, and actually utters the phrase "fake news" (which, btw, was actually created to describe the right wing media and Trump) to things that are points of record. You are going to believe what you believe, and there's nothing we could show you or say to you that would change it.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

Where was the meeting with Russian government officials to win an election. Who was there? What were their names? When was it? How was it disclosed that the meeting was about winning an election?

That lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, openly admitted that she was an informant for the Prosecutor General at the Kremlin Yuri Y. Chaika.

Natalia's Kremlin Connection

Rob Goldstone set up the meeting at Trump Tower on June 9th, 2016 and his email clearly expressed the purpose for the meeting.

1. We have an email Exchange between Rob Goldstone clearly indicating the purpose for the meeting.

2. We have a meeting between the Trump Campaign and two Russians, one of whom has admitted ties to the Prosecutor General at the Kremlin.

3.We have video surveillance showing the purported attendees at Trump Tower on the date of the proposed meeting.

4. We have Jared Kushner amending his security clearance application to properly reflect that said meeting did indeed take place and confirmed the attendees.

Ergo. Trump campaign official DID have meeting with someone directly connected to the Kremlin, even after the purpose for the meeting had been clearly disclosed by Rob Goldman.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fair enough. I don't feel like running in circles with someone who says one thing, then changes it, then denies it, then moves the goalposts, denies facts, creates alternative facts, and actually utters the phrase "fake news" (which, btw, was actually created to describe the right wing media and Trump) to things that are points of record. You are going to believe what you believe, and there's nothing we could show you or say to you that would change it.

"If a Trump supporter says they want you to back something up with facts, they're lying. They want you to waste your time on an explanation they will neither consider nor accept. If they liked facts, they wouldn't be Trump supporters"

Middle Age Riot
@middleageriot
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

"If a Trump supporter says they want you to back something up with facts, they're lying. They want you to waste your time on an explanation they will neither consider nor accept. If they liked facts, they wouldn't be Trump supporters"

Middle Age Riot
@middleageriot

LOL, I try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt. But when they start denying things that are documented, making up things that aren't, and pulling it all together by taking a piece of an article in exactly the opposite way it was presented, yeah, not looking for answers. It's the Kellyanne Conway technique. Just say whatever you want until they get exasperated and throw up their hands, declare victory (or MAGA), and move on to the next.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

I did admire that right up front he told us what we were going to end up saying, because he knew what he was gonna do.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
kikanga wrote:

No evidence of that.

Manafort and Flynn's charges have absolutely nothing to do with meeting with Russian government officials to win an election.

I would BAN you immediately.. you (bleep) lying troll

Now you disagree with ALL THE TRUMP MEETINGS

TROLL TROLL TROLL

How do you enjoy your self
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
And there you have it.

Have what?

Talking and working are two different things.

No evidence that the Russian government paid the Russian lawyer that was at the meeting for anything.

She was a private citizen who never worked for the government who said she spoke, not worked, with government officials.

Like I said, no one in the Trump Jr meeting said they worked for the Russian government. Thats fake news.

What the (bleep) do you do with your life

Sitting here defending Trump..

get checked quick
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Settle down Trey
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

True.. but all the guy wants to do is start (bleep).. there is NO WAY he believes this (bleep)

He is postandpivot?

I cannot even listen to Trump because of how much he lies.. now some (bleep) comes in here trying to get us to believe LIES..
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

True.. but all the guy wants to do is start (bleep).. there is NO WAY he believes this (bleep)

He is postandpivot?

I cannot even listen to Trump because of how much he lies.. now some (bleep) comes in here trying to get us to believe LIES..

He may very well believe it. One of the major reason people deny facts is not simple dishonesty, it's strong belief that trumps reason (pun intended). Happens all the time. And no, not PnP.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Well that was an entertaining last 3 pages. Lol
Usually when someone is on here posting that fast and furious, taking up over 50% of the posts per page.. Its a troll job. But experience has told me that is probably not the case here and with many other Trump supporters. smh

I understand believing in something and standing up for it... But to just fold your arms and scoff at any other ideas and be so rigid is just ridiculous.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Found some prescient words from Aldous Huxley in his "Brave New World Revisited" written in 1958 (a follow up of his 1932 dystopian novel). I know Trump doesn't read but his campaign tactics match Huxley's description of another figure from the past (from the chapter titled, "Propaganda Under a Dictatorship"):
Aldous Huxley in 1958 wrote:
Hitler made his strongest appeal to those members of the lower middle classes who had been ruined by the inflation of 1923, and then ruined all over again by the depression of 1929 and the following years. "The masses" of whom he speaks were these bewildered, frustrated and chronically anxious millions. To make them more mass-like, more homogeneously subhuman, he assembled them, by the thousands and the tens of thousands, in vast halls and arenas, where individuals could lose their personal identity, even their elementary humanity, and be merged with the crowd. A man or woman makes direct contact with society in two ways: as a member of some familial, professional or religious group, or as a member of a crowd. Groups are capable of being as moral or intelligent as the individuals who form them; a crowd is chaotic, has no purpose of its own and is capable of anything except intelligent action and realistic thinking. Assembled in a crowd, people lose their powers of reasoning and their capacity for moral choice. Their suggestibility is increased to the point where they cease to have any judgment or will of their own. They become very excitable, they lose all sense of individual or collective responsibility, they are subject to sudden accesses of rage, enthusiasm and panic. In a word, a man in a crowd behaves as though he had swallowed a large dose of some powerful intoxicant. He is a victim of what I have called "herd-poisoning." Like alcohol, herd-poison is an active, extraverted drug. The crowd-intoxicated individual escapes from responsibility, intelligence and morality into a kind of frantic, animal mindlessness.

This might explain a few things...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

https://goo.gl/images/VoB7QZ
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Well that was an entertaining last 3 pages. Lol
Usually when someone is on here posting that fast and furious, taking up over 50% of the posts per page.. Its a troll job. But experience has told me that is probably not the case here and with many other Trump supporters. smh

I understand believing in something and standing up for it... But to just fold your arms and scoff at any other ideas and be so rigid is just ridiculous.

I'll give Trump credit for one thing: he's trained his base well.

Any news that can be considered bad news for Trump is just dimissed as "fake news" by his base.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 907, 908, 909 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 908 of 3673
Jump to: