THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 916, 917, 918 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Quote:
He also told Kim in the letter, "You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used."

"Mine is bigger than yours."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:
He also told Kim in the letter, "You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used."

I see what you did there.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Rudy Giuliani Get's Proper Welcome in NYC

NOT SAFE FOR WORK...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

I think if the facts are there that Trump is doing harm to the country, it shouldn't matter if it's viewed as partisan or not, you need to protect the country.

http://www.newsweek.com/nancy-pelosi-trump-impeachment-not-good-idea-russia-investigation-942875

“Impeachment is, to me, divisive,” Pelosi continued. “Again, if the facts are there, if the facts are there, then this would have to be bipartisan to go forward. But if it is viewed as partisan, it will divide the country, and I just don’t think that’s what we should do."
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

She's making a political calculation, I think.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

She's right unfortunately...impeachment will come when the Republicans lead the charge .

that's why I say the next Democratic President will pardon him before he goes to jail
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

She's right unfortunately...impeachment will come when the Republicans lead the charge .

that's why I say the next Democratic President will pardon him before he goes to jail

I'm confused. I can imagine Trump facing charges sooner or later. But why would the next Democratic President pardon Trump?
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
WTF? How on Earth does he expect to get the Nimrod Peace Prize Now? It's like the Chris Webber Timeout all over again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ig_Nobel_Prize
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

All the Dems need for impeachment is a majority in the House. Assuming she means what she says, if the Republicans are not on board in the Senate, then impeachment can be seen as useless. I disagree. I want him impeached, even if he's not removed because impeachment will make him even go crazier and that can only help in the long run.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

I see what you did there.

Well, they say that Trump has small hands, so maybe he's insecure and he's just compensating.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

All the Dems need for impeachment is a majority in the House. Assuming she means what she says, if the Republicans are not on board in the Senate, then impeachment can be seen as useless. I disagree. I want him impeached, even if he's not removed because impeachment will make him even go crazier and that can only help in the long run.

I want him prosecuted to the fullest extent of every law and every congressional procedure because no one is above the law, especially the president. He has tried to make a mockery of our justice system and the only remedy is to bring the full weight of the law (including impeachment) smack down right on top of him -- beginning with impeachment and ending with state filed indictments that can't be pardoned when he leaves office.

Pelosi doesn't want to motivate the GOP base to turn out by threatening impeachment (even though it's already out there, the GOP would crucify her and make a thousand commercials scaring the base even further).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I'm confused. I can imagine Trump facing charges sooner or later. But why would the next Democratic President pardon Trump?

I hope you're right, but I'm starting to lose faith in that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I lost any hope of that long ago. At this point the only realistic goal is to make a difference at the voting booth. Trump's not going to be impeached and it's quite obvious that the GOP is gong to go all in on protecting Trump from any consequences. I'm just hoping that the next two years get ugly enough for Trump that he decides not to run again. But given that everything that has happened in the last 16 months has simply served his ego and emboldened him and his supporters, that's never going to happen.

This is going to be a long haul battle. Easy short term fixes like impeachment etc. are pipe dreams. The system is too broken for us to expect the system to correct itself. We have to to do what Trump's base did 2 years ago.

So if you don't like what's going on, get out and vote and work diligently to get others who share your views to do the same.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeAIp-8VwAApvFh.jpg

I have to hope that this approach by Goodell and the majority owners is going to backfire profoundly
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Pelosi is absolutely right (as usual, which is why she, like Hillary, is feared by the GOP, hence the hate fest they stir up), the impeachment angle is a given if they take the House, no need to raise it.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I lost any hope of that long ago. At this point the only realistic goal is to make a difference at the voting booth. Trump's not going to be impeached and it's quite obvious that the GOP is gong to go all in on protecting Trump from any consequences. I'm just hoping that the next two years get ugly enough for Trump that he decides not to run again. But given that everything that has happened in the last 16 months has simply served his ego and emboldened him and his supporters, that's never going to happen.

This is going to be a long haul battle. Easy short term fixes like impeachment etc. are pipe dreams. The system is too broken for us to expect the system to correct itself. We have to to do what Trump's base did 2 years ago.

So if you don't like what's going on, get out and vote and work diligently to get others who share your views to do the same.

Why do you assume that he won't be impeached? That's the easiest thing to do if the Dems take the House. The base will demand it. I understand why Pelosi isn't explicitly endorsing it now, but impeachment is almost a given. He's a criminal and he should at least be impeached (the equivalent of an indictment for everyone else). Removal is almost impossible, unless he becomes so toxic that some Republicans will abandon him, but I doubt that because he owns their base and they need his base to win primaries.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeAIp-8VwAApvFh.jpg

I have to hope that this approach by Goodell and the majority owners is going to backfire profoundly

I've bought the NFL Sunday ticket package for about the past 10 years. I won't be renewing it this year.

I'm not giving the NFL a dollar.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Impeachment 101:

Mueller issues report detailing evidence and makes recommendations; delivers to Atty General (or assistant AG in this case). AG passes report onto Congress and can make report public.

Impeachment: House formulates articles of impeachment based on the evidence. House votes on articles of impeachment; only need a simple majority to pass.

Trial: Evidence presented at Senate trial. Senate needs 2/3 majority to convict.

Even if Senate doesn't convict, the evidence of Trump's criminality will be laid bare. Trumpsters won't care, but everybody else will. Not everyone is paying attention to every twist and turn now -- but the spectacle of a trial in the Senate will be the kind of reality TV that will get everyone's attention. And it won't be good for Trump.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

to unify the country

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Why do you assume that he won't be impeached? That's the easiest thing to do if the Dems take the House. The base will demand it. I understand why Pelosi isn't explicitly endorsing it now, but impeachment is almost a given. He's a criminal and he should at least be impeached (the equivalent of an indictment for everyone else). Removal is almost impossible, unless he becomes so toxic that some Republicans will abandon him, but I doubt that because he owns their base and they need his base to win primaries.

I'm not "assuming" anything. I'm going on observation and common sense. The assumption is that the Dems will take the House, which remains to be seen. Thus there are several reasons that I'm looking at the current political climate and the way it is trending and realizing that impeachment will not be the resolution. Trump's administration and his atrocious policies have been normalized to the point that turning back the clock is not going to happen. Our current batch of elected officials is not going to get it done - as is evidenced by the fact that there are still Dems in office who voted in favor of Big Banking.

The whole system is entirely broken, and it's so broken that Trump will never be impeached. That's why those of us on the Left need to vote diligently and realize that doing so involves changing the old guard on BOTH sides of the party system and that's going to take far longer than any window we have to impeach Trump. Trump has set the country back by decades and it's going be a long slow road to undo that given that even those on the Right who dislike Trump are going all in on him.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Impeachment 101:

Mueller issues report detailing evidence and makes recommendations; delivers to Atty General (or assistant AG in this case). AG passes report onto Congress and can make report public.

Impeachment: House formulates articles of impeachment based on the evidence. House votes on articles of impeachment; only need a simple majority to pass.

Trial: Evidence presented at Senate trial. Senate needs 2/3 majority to convict.

Even if Senate doesn't convict, the evidence of Trump's criminality will be laid bare. Trumpsters won't care, but everybody else will. Not everyone is paying attention to every twist and turn now -- but the spectacle of a trial in the Senate will be the kind of reality TV that will get everyone's attention. And it won't be good for Trump.

Thank you, but I don't need a 101 course. I've been around the block countless times for decades now. I love your passion and dedication to how things SHOULD work, and you are spot on in that regard. And you may well be correct. But I just don't think it's going to play out in this bizarre reality we find ourselves in.

And here's why, from day one we have watched this debacle thinking things will self correct, Rather than actually doing so, the hole that has been dug grows deeper and deeper because as each atrocious act has occurred it is just another day in Trump's America.

Impeachment isn't happening. But believe me, no one is hoping I'm wrong more than myself.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Mule, I think impeachment is the odds on favorite if the arena take the House. But it isn’t the best leader in purple districts as a campaign strategy. GOP strategists hope its what democrats run with, because it will energize gop leaning voters and won’t play well with the less informed swing voter.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

If the Blue Wave comes to fruition there's a possibility Trump may be impeached. If he is what will be accomplished. He won't be removed so his destruction of Democracy will continue. The Trump cure is going to the booth and voting him out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Impeachment is the fantasy that won’t quit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 916, 917, 918 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 917 of 3671
Jump to: