THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 918, 919, 920 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
One last thing. Even when Dems settle, they are still portrayed by Fox News and other conservative outlets as far left wing extremists. We might as well live up to the reputation.

Those Dems who approved Gina Haspel for CIA are so dumb. Because it's not like Rush Limbaugh and Fox News will take it easy on them because they compromised. When those Senate elections come up in purple-ish states. Those Dems will still get attack ads saying they are left wing extremists. And conservative donors won't back them no matter what.

In fairness, they aren't looking to keep the GOP from attacking. They just come from conservative states and while they are more left leaning, they tend to toe the conservative line in regards national security. Not excusing it, but that's the reality of those people.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Qith the GOP, the only compromise is no compromise at all. I agree that the Dems dont gain much joy trying to be centrist. Especially being that the center is actually the right these days based on how far right the right has gone.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Put the presidency aside. Trump is a mobbed up criminal who got away with money laundering, fraud, etc. because he paid off local politicians and the spotlight wasn't on these activities. When he decided to run for president, he opened up that Pandora's box. Mueller has been following the money all over the world with experts in cyber crime, money laundering, financial crimes, mob crimes, etc. They aren't doing that for nothing. It was reported yesterday (on Chris Hayes show) that Mueller has a dead man's switch in case he gets shut down -- there are piles of indictments ready when he pushes "send." About a half dozen of Trump's extended campaign circle have already flipped with the Feds putting the squeeze on Cohen and Manafort. Again, Mueller, the ex-FBI head, who knows the law inside out and backwards, who believes in the rule of law, who catches the bad guys for a living, is not doing this to just write a report. I understand the skepticism and cynicism but I refuse to believe there will be no consequences for this level of criminality.

He's already entrenched the Witch Hunt/Fake News mentality deep within the GOP brain. Trump's "I could shoot some on 5th Avenue . . . " comment is going to be essentially a reality.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

His followers are not the majority of this country. To quote them, we need to take our country back. We're not a Banana Republic yet. There are more of us than them. It's a given they will never leave his side. I don't give a (bleep) what they think, we need to outvote them. We start there.

You play into their hands when you begin to believe objective facts don't matter. They matter. I don't care how the necromancer enthralls his cult. The facts still matter to the rest of us. The facts still matter to the courts. The facts still matter to juries. The facts still matter to the investigative reporters digging into these stories.

Maybe he'll be impeached, maybe he won't. But the facts still need to come out regardless. Because it matters.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
His followers are not the majority of this country. To quote them, we need to take our country back. We're not a Banana Republic yet. There are more of us than them. It's a given they will never leave his side. I don't give a (bleep) what they think, we need to outvote them. We start there.

You play into their hands when you begin to believe objective facts don't matter. They matter. I don't care how the necromancer enthralls his cult. The facts still matter to the rest of us. The facts still matter to the courts. The facts still matter to juries. The fact still matter to the investigative reporters digging into these stories.

Maybe he'll be impeached, maybe he won't. But the facts still need to come out regardless. Because it matters.

No. But they are a large enough block that the GOP notices them and as has been made abundantly clear, caters to them. And that's my point. There is no legal or bureaucratic recourse to seeing Trump punished that is actually going to come to fruition. Which is why we need to stop focusing on the judicial system and hoping against hope it fixes this mess. It's not going to happen.

The only hope lies in the voting booth and that's where we need to focus our thoughts and efforts.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Well well well. So it turns out that that Russian Oligarch who's cousin gave Cohen $500,000 that the Trumpanzees insisted had no connection to to the Oligargh were both caught on tape entering Trump Tower together 11 days before Tramp took the oath of office..

Putin Oligarch on Tape at Trump Tower
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
They just come from conservative states and while they are more left leaning, they tend to toe the conservative line in regards national security. Not excusing it, but that's the reality of those people.

I agree. It's the current reality. But I only see upside from Dems drawing a line in the sand and not budging. If some "moderate" votes for some senatorial candidate from the party of Trump because a Dem didn't want a torture advocate running the CIA. That voter wasn't really moderate.
Dems should've voted down Haspel. AND speak to their constituency about a living wage. Dems should focus on young voters, minority voters, and most importantly working-poor voters. And don't budge on anything (foreign policy, healthcare, economic policy, environmental policy).
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

You play into their hands when you begin to believe objective facts don't matter. They matter. I don't care how the necromancer enthralls his cult. The facts still matter to the rest of us. The facts still matter to the courts. The facts still matter to juries. The fact still matter to the investigative reporters digging into these stories.

No. But they are a large enough block that the GOP notices them and as has been made abundantly clear, caters to them. And that's my point. There is no legal or bureaucratic recourse to seeing Trump punished that is actually going to come to fruition. Which is why we need to stop focusing on the judicial system and hoping against hope it fixes this mess. It's not going to happen.

The only hope lies in the voting booth and that's where we need to focus our thoughts and efforts.

Also worth pointing out that while Trump/GOP supporters are in the minority, that isn't quite the case electorally. So even the voting booth lies:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-congressional-map-is-historically-biased-toward-the-gop/
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-tame-continent-america-945121

DONALD TRUMP SAYS ‘OUR ANCESTORS TAMED A CONTINENT' AND ‘WE ARE NOT GOING TO APOLOGIZE FOR AMERICA’

Sick indeed

‘Us’... we know who’s included in that ‘us’ and who’s not
‘Continent’... which one ‘tamed’? America? Africa? Australia? Pacific Islands? All belong to European descendants now

This guy needs to go
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Michael Steele former RNC chair was on MSNB Live with Alex Witt. Asked should the president say anything about the players standing for the NA he said, the president should shut the hell up. He's sounds stupid.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Is Trump walking this cancellation back? If I have it right S Korea was blindsided.

South Korean president says Trump cancelling Kim Jong Un summit is 'very regretful and disconcerting'

LINK

North and South Korean leaders hold surprise 2nd summit

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is Trump walking this cancellation back? If I have it right S Korea was blindsided.

South Korean president says Trump cancelling Kim Jong Un summit is 'very regretful and disconcerting'

LINK

North and South Korean leaders hold surprise 2nd summit

LINK

Trump's administration is conducting foreign policy with N. Korea publicly step-by-step.
That's not a good idea.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Did the U.S. Government Lose Track of 1,475 Migrant Children?

Quote:
The New York Times noted in April 2018 that 700 children, over 100 of them younger than four years old, had been taken from their parents at the border since October 2017.

*I wanted to make this a new topic.

It is bigger than politics

All this incredible amount of wealth in the USA and this is how we see people outside our border?

Can just imagine the cultural effects if a real wall was built
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

Listening to Clapper talk about Spygate has been very entertaining.

Some points to take away from what he has been saying.

1. There was no spy in the Trump campaign.
2, It would be a national security issue to reveal the name of the spy who doesnt exist.
3. The spy, who doesnt exist, was only spying on the Trump campaign to protect them from the Russians.

The technicality that Clapper and Comey are arguing is that the spy was spying on the Russians and not the Trump campaign. To protect the Trump campaign. So how come Hilarys campaign didnt get a spy too. You know to protect them. After all Podesta got hacked by the Russians right?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

Look who is back.

Looks like you haven’t learned much from the warning and absence. I wonder what the over under is before you’re gone again . . . A couple of days . . . A few hours?

A quick search brings up several different articles detailing how Clapper did not say there was an FBI spy trying to gain dirt on Trump.

But to play your little game, if there was a spy whose intent was to “frame” Trump in order to keep him out of office, how come he is office. If you’re framing a guy, it shouldn’t have been hard at all to do so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
Listening to Clapper talk about Spygate has been very entertaining.

Some points to take away from what he has been saying.

1. There was no spy in the Trump campaign.
2, It would be a national security issue to reveal the name of the spy who doesnt exist.
3. The spy, who doesnt exist, was only spying on the Trump campaign to protect them from the Russians.

The technicality that Clapper and Comey are arguing is that the spy was spying on the Russians and not the Trump campaign. To protect the Trump campaign. So how come Hilarys campaign didnt get a spy too. You know to protect them. After all Podesta got hacked by the Russians right?

Hacked by the Russians
Why did the Russians Hack Hillary and not Trump

Why is Trump speaking like a man who is only upset because he knows they probably caught his traitorous lying thieving racist POS ass?

How you can stand anything Trump says .. since it is PROVEN over and over and over again he constantly LIES lies lies
And he's a racist
He is an incredible THIEF
His hypocrisy is offffff the charts

I feel empathy for you. I really do.

Trumpians are like the wife who keeps letting the man she is with beat her and cheat on her. And when you try to stop him from hurting her she does everything in her power to protect him
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

Fox news is a dangerous drug. The above post basically regurgitated the arguments I saw on that Judge whatevers show last night. Pretty amazing what they spew out on there. Really worth watching though if you want any understanding of how the dilusuonal half lives.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/389554-rubio-fbi-targeted-individuals-with-suspicious-histories-not-trump?amp=1

Rubio
McConnell

How many others

PROTECT AMERICA before Trump

Sad world when creeps like Trump have people who look up to him
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Hacked by the Russians

They tried to hack Trump and the RNC.

RNC and Trump had better security than Podesta.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Fox news is a dangerous drug. The above post basically regurgitated the arguments I saw on that Judge whatevers show last night. Pretty amazing what they spew out on there. Really worth watching though if you want any understanding of how the dilusuonal half lives.

It is important to check those sites
Very

So weird how I sat in, only once, on a debate team in high school. Good childhood friend who was quarterback and a 4.0 student. I'm sitting in there and the teacher told the students

"I don't care what you tell them.
Just get them to believe you"
^^^Neverending cycle of lies and deceit.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

Hacked by the Russians

And you believe that?
Laker4andmore
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

Hacked by the Russians

And you believe that?

Like I said, the Russian campaign was about division more than about supporting one campaign

The Russians supported black lives matters and anti Trump rallies when he won
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:

Hacked by the Russians

And you believe that?

Like I said, the Russian campaign was about division more than about supporting one campaign

This might help!

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Laker4andmore wrote:

How do you know which is "more"? Do you have some connections with mother Russia?
In terms of resources used. Their aid to the Trump campaign dwarfs all of their other actions.

Have you read the intelligence report? https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
Either you have and you're purposely distorting the truth. Or you haven't and don't realize you are lying.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:
Laker4andmore wrote:

Hacked by the Russians

And you believe that?

This might help!

can't argue with the fox echo chamber...they don't realize there is a real world...please don't feed the troll
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 918, 919, 920 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 919 of 3671
Jump to: