THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 932, 933, 934 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't want Trump to look good. I don't care how the country views him. He's a balding, perch mouth, wanna be king, narcissist. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. To the world he's a idiot, IMO he is.

It's not Trump I'm championing, it's the Oval Office. He represents our country therefore the office. I'd like to see a better depiction of him for sake of the office. Will it change anything, I don't think so.

This is personal, something I don't like. I'm not asking nor do I expect anyone to side with me. In this case I feel like a Colin Kaepernick. The message is being ignored. It's not about Trump, it's about the office.

i'm glad you can appreciate some like me who believe it is impractical to expect the office of the presidency to be respected while the current occupant literally takes a dump on said office every day

we can polish an apple but i think the world can see it's rotten to the core, not just trump but our divisiveness etc.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't want Trump to look good. I don't care how the country views him. He's a balding, perch mouth, wanna be king, narcissist. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck. To the world he's a idiot, IMO he is.

It's not Trump I'm championing, it's the Oval Office. He represents our country therefore the office. I'd like to see a better depiction of him for sake of the office. Will it change anything, I don't think so.

This is personal, something I don't like. I'm not asking nor do I expect anyone to side with me. In this case I feel like a Colin Kaepernick. The message is being ignored. It's not about Trump, it's about the office.

Are you suggesting that in order to protect the Oval Office image that the media should cherry pick Trump’s pics/coverages aka post the good ones and omit the bad looking ones... u sure u want this kinda press?

at least trump wouldn't have the DOJ investigate them
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Are you suggesting that in order to protect the Oval Office image that the media should cherry pick Trump’s pics/coverages aka post the good ones and omit the bad looking ones... u sure u want this kinda press?

What I suggest is the office be respected. If that means cherry picking photos I can live with that.

Trumps actions are doing enough damage to his image. He's dong immense damage to the office without help.

I don't give a damn about Donald John Trump, the office is my concern.

Am I being overly sensitive, maybe?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What I suggest is the office be respected. If that means cherry picking photos I can live with that.

Trumps actions are doing enough damage to his image. He's dong immense damage to the office without help.

This is an absurd topic. You're concerned about the proper respect being paid to the office, but the man occupying the office and his cabal of opportunistic thieves crap on the office on a daily basis, with the help of a complicit Congress. But please, let's present Big Brother with the best angles and most radiant hair while we pretend that he's not worthy of the same treatment as Emmanuel Goldstein.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

This is an absurd topic. You're concerned about the proper respect being paid to the office, but the man occupying the office and his cabal of opportunistic thieves crap on the office on a daily basis, with the help of a complicit Congress. But please, let's present Big Brother with the best angles and most radiant hair while we pretend that he's not worthy of the same treatment as Emmanuel Goldstein.

Again, Colin Kaepernick.
Quote:

It's not about Donald, it's about the office.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Again, Colin Kaepernick.
Quote:

IMO, presenting him in a more flattering light does MORE long-term damage to the US's interest because it conveys the US's validation of his behavior to the rest of the world. It gives him a stamp of approval and cements an image that he is above reproach, which he vocally espouses daily. You're asking that we give him the same treatment that Putin enjoys. We can't overlook that as Americans just to protect the office.

How do we recover in a post-Trump world if it is not clear to the rest of the world that Trump does not represent the values of this great country? It needs to be crystal clear that Trump operates for himself, as is readily apparent by every act he carries out to enrich himself and his cadre of thieves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Again, Colin Kaepernick.
Quote:

the republicans disrespected the office of the president for 8 years...lead by trump
Should we start showing respect now when it's not deserved?

The rest of the world already knows what a buffoon he is and knows which Americans are responsible
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Again, Colin Kaepernick.
Quote:

IMO, presenting him in a more flattering light does MORE long-term damage to the US's interest because it conveys the US's validation of his behavior to the rest of the world.

It gives him a stamp of approval and cements an image that he is above reproach, which he vocally espouses daily. You're asking that we give him the same treatment that Putin enjoys.

How do we recover in a post-Trump world if it is not clear to the rest of the world that Trump does not represent the values of this great country? It needs to be crystal clear that Trump operates for himself, as is readily apparent by every act he carries out to enrich himself and his cadre of thieves.

How does it convey something it's not? If the rest of the world is taking notes it knows the majority of the country does not condone his actions.

I'm not asking that. That's your interpretation.

As I stated, if the rest of the world is paying attention it knows Trump is for himself and is out to enrich himself and his cadre of thieves.

Are you paying attention? Are you attempting to see where I'm coming from or are you ignoring my post intent? I accept and agree with your premise. It's not my argument.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

You know who always has flattering pictures of their leaders plastered everywhere? Authoritarian nations, dictatorships and banana republics.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Hard to get a good pic of Trump with Putin's hand firmly up his ass.

This recent G7 news is causing damage on such a massive scale internationally. No amount of flattering pics would move the needle .0000001% .
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

There is a series of photos hopefully coming soon that will be his best ever
"Mugshots"
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

There is nothing that pisses me off more than the apathy of people who think the left and right are the same.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
There is nothing that pisses me off more than the apathy of people who think the left and right are the same.

God. The "moderates" who voted for Trump. Because "both candidates were corrupt". Those people make me sick. They are a fine mixture of disingenuous thought and self-delusion.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
nickuku wrote:

God. The "moderates" who voted for Trump. Because "both candidates were corrupt". Those people make me sick. They are a fine mixture of disingenuous thought and self-delusion.

This guy im talking to literally thinks the US is run by a shadowy organization, basically la-li-lu-le-lo and that everything we do is controlled by them. How about get your (bleep) lazy ass up and vote?!??!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:

we can polish an apple but i think the world can see it's rotten to the core, not just trump but our divisiveness etc.

And that's the point. This idea that the media should put lipstick on Trump to present a "better looking" image to the world is asinine and insulting to the intelligence of the populace of this nation and the world.

The office of the POTUS isn't being tarnished because the media uses less than flattering pictures. The office is tarnished by the behavior of the asshat in it. Using "nicer" pictures isn't going to change that and more importantly is not going to fool anyone into thinking differently or paint in any other light.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

To put it mildly as possible, yes, very much so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:

IMO, presenting him in a more flattering light does MORE long-term damage to the US's interest because it conveys the US's validation of his behavior to the rest of the world. It gives him a stamp of approval and cements an image that he is above reproach, which he vocally espouses daily.

Perfectly stated.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

OK DMR. I confess to being overly sensitive. I understand and agree with most who object.

I still own those feelings relating to the Oval Office. That's the way I feel.

I'm not asking for company though I'm probably not riding this bus alone.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

OK DMR. I confess to being overly sensitive. I understand and agree with most who object.

I think you are missing a key point. It's a disrespect to the office to present it with imagery that doesn't correctly depict what is going on in it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think you are missing a key point. It's a disrespect to the office to present it with imagery that doesn't correctly depict what is going on in it.

Looking at it that way I'll have to revisit my feelings.

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Narcissistic personality disorder

one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

Our president suffers from this disorder. He's a sick man. He has to go. I'm thinking if the 25th Amendment could be used it would have been by now.

paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject:

@realDonaldTrump
12h12 hours ago
More
PM Justin Trudeau of Canada acted so meek and mild during our @G7 meetings only to give a news conference after I left saying that, “US Tariffs were kind of insulting” and he “will not be pushed around.” Very dishonest & weak. Our Tariffs are in response to his of 270% on dairy!

Meanwhile

@realDonaldTrump
14h14 hours ago
More
I am on my way to Singapore where we have a chance to achieve a truly wonderful result for North Korea and the World. It will certainly be an exciting day and I know that Kim Jong-un will work very hard to do something that has rarely been done before...
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

will this do ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfRxCvwU8AAOvWw.jpg:large
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:01 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
@realDonaldTrump
12h12 hours ago
More
PM Justin Trudeau of Canada acted so meek and mild during our @G7 meetings only to give a news conference after I left saying that, “US Tariffs were kind of insulting” and he “will not be pushed around.” Very dishonest & weak. Our Tariffs are in response to his of 270% on dairy!

Meanwhile

@realDonaldTrump
14h14 hours ago
More
I am on my way to Singapore where we have a chance to achieve a truly wonderful result for North Korea and the World. It will certainly be an exciting day and I know that Kim Jong-un will work very hard to do something that has rarely been done before...

should be censured but it will fall short again without republican backing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 932, 933, 934 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 933 of 3663
Jump to: