THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 938, 939, 940 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
It turns out Comey used his private gmail account to conduct FBI business. ::slams head on desk::

Just to be clear - this was the same guy investigating Hillary for using a private server to conduct Sec business... Ooohhhh the IRONING!!!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
It turns out Comey used his private gmail account to conduct FBI business. ::slams head on desk::

Just to be clear - this was the same guy investigating Hillary for using a private server to conduct Sec business... Ooohhhh the IRONING!!!

He's a giant POS and I think it is so funny how many liberals go from hating him to loving him just because he decided to cover his ass and get on the good side of history. Opportunistic slime bag. Disgusting how people slob the knob of the FBI and other dictatorial government agencies responsible for inflicting sheer terror on the America citizenry just because one time they decide to use their powers for good. Wouldn't even be in this mess if he didn't release that damn letter.

Last edited by Cutheon on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

http://theweek.com/speedreads/779101/trump-foundations-treasurer-didnt-know-treasurer-until-investigators-told
Quote:
The Trump Foundation's treasurer didn't know he was treasurer until investigators told him

You can't make this stuff up. It's stranger than fiction.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

He's a giant POS and I think it is so funny how many liberals go from hating him to loving him just because he decided to cover his ass and get on the good side of history. Opportunistic slime bag. Disgusting how people slob the knob of the FBI and other dictatorial government agencies responsible for inflicting sheer terror on the America citizenry just because one time they decide to use their powers for good. Wouldn't even be in this mess if he didn't release that damn letter.

I'm not a fan of Comey. I think he's that cloyingly opportunistic boy scout type, and that he often has blind spots, but i do believe he does try to do what he perceive as right.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

He's a serious freakshow

I felt he is connected somewhere.. he KNEW what he was doing

Maybe he hated Bill? More than Trump...

Wanted a Weiner to takedown slick Willy?

He is far from innocent

Almost believe Trump never thought he would win or r even really wanted to.. Comey gave it to him
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

-

DOJ watchdog: Comey used personal email to conduct FBI business

LINK

Quote:
“We identified numerous instances in which Comey used a personal email account to conduct unclassified FBI business,” the report states.

In November 2016, Comey forwarded an email with the subject line “Midyear thoughts” to his personal account from his government account. The email detailed Comey’s reasoning for informing Congress that the FBI had restarted its Clinton investigation after initially finding no wrongdoing.

A month later, he forwarded another email to his personal account that proposed responses to two requests for information from the office of special counsel.

Comey told the inspector general he did not use his personal email or laptop for sensitive or classified information and had no security concerns about the practice of using a personal account.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm not a fan of Comey. I think he's that cloyingly opportunistic boy scout type, and that he often has blind spots, but i do believe he does try to do what he perceive as right.

I think he does that too, but too often it is what is right for him, his friends, and his beloved agency, not for the country. He would, of course, say the opposite. Sometimes - like with Trump - what is good for Comey and his legacy matches up with what is good for the country. But releasing that letter was quintessential FBI: meddling in politics to aggrandize itself at the expense of institutional integrity and country unity. It was rightfully, thankfully, condemned. I just hope history remembers that Comey -- thus far, we are not doing a great job of it.

FWIW, I respect the perspective that he does what he perceives as right and that he may even believe that he is doing what is right for the country. I (obviously) think differently, but I'm open to the idea that I'm seeing malice where I should otherwise see good-natured incompetence. But still, the road to hell and all that.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

^ the real mistake was in not informing the American public about the 'Russer' probe that was going on
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“We identified numerous instances in which Comey used a personal email account to conduct unclassified FBI business,” the report states.

Not illegal. Not a great idea but not illegal.

Meanwhile Drumph continues to tweet and have classified national policy discussions using his private, unsecured cell phone and allow people who cannot pass a security clearance access to classified information...

Also,
Quote:
Sometimes - like with Trump - what is good for Comey and his legacy matches up with what is good for the country

This has to be one of the least informed comments I've ever seen in this thread.

To relate a career public servant to a self serving con man who's lining his and his cronies pockets while selling out American institutions to the highest bidder is not only a false equivalency but an asinine assessment.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I think he does that too, but too often it is what is right for him, his friends, and his beloved agency, not for the country. He would, of course, say the opposite. Sometimes - like with Trump - what is good for Comey and his legacy matches up with what is good for the country. But releasing that letter was quintessential FBI: meddling in politics to aggrandize itself at the expense of institutional integrity and country unity. It was rightfully, thankfully, condemned. I just hope history remembers that Comey -- thus far, we are not doing a great job of it.

FWIW, I respect the perspective that he does what he perceives as right and that he may even believe that he is doing what is right for the country. I (obviously) think differently, but I'm open to the idea that I'm seeing malice where I should otherwise see good-natured incompetence. But still, the road to hell and all that.

I think Comey is more partisan than he believes, and as such while he won't go out of his way to screw one side and not the other, it does bias his thinking IMO.

He was right that he shouldn't have spoken on the FBI investigation of Trump, but he should have granted the same latitude to Clinton (bearing in mind that there was much more outside leakage), and he shouldn't have taken it on himself to "protect " Loretta Lynch from charges of collusion with the Clintons by announcing the Clinton investigation findings himself, nor used the moment to scold her personally while announcing no charges. Not his place in either sense.

And he definitely shouldn't have yielded to what amounts to extortion by Giuliani and his FBI cronies and released that letter. I believe he was doing what he thought was right, and I believe there would have been a leak of the info if he hadn't and a (bleep) storm, so maybe it was unavoidable (the info gets out anyway and he looks like he's hiding it).

But yeah, it does seem like in every case he bends to whats right for his side of the fence and assumes it's good for the country.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1007376361101582336

BRUHLMAO

!...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

So does our President apparently.... of course, one will be criticized while the other will have excuses made for him.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

BRUHLMAO

#ImStillWithHer
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jdm43390 wrote:
A lot of saltiness here. Quite entertaining to see more triggered meltdowns.
#popcornisready

Just curious if you understand the lifelong relationship between USSR/Russia and the USA? Especially concerning Nuclear Weapons and Cyberhacking et al?

Being open and welcoming...

During more aggression in Ukraine Russia shot down a PASSENGER plane.. killing all 300 people on board...
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mh17-missile-ukraine-2014-russia-military-netherlands-deaths-investigation-a8366721.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mh17-flight-ukrainian-pilot-accused-russia-shooting-plane-kills-himself-suicide-a8265901.html

The Reds shot down a passenger plane in 1983, too. Remember when Repubs distrusted the Ruskies?

On September 5, 1983, President Reagan condemned the shooting down of the airplane as the "Korean airline massacre", a "crime against humanity [that] must never be forgotten" and an "act of barbarism... [and] inhuman brutality".[91]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jdm43390 wrote:
A lot of saltiness here. Quite entertaining to see more triggered meltdowns.
#popcornisready

Just curious if you understand the lifelong relationship between USSR/Russia and the USA? Especially concerning Nuclear Weapons and Cyberhacking et al?

Being open and welcoming...

During more aggression in Ukraine Russia shot down a PASSENGER plane.. killing all 300 people on board...
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mh17-missile-ukraine-2014-russia-military-netherlands-deaths-investigation-a8366721.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/mh17-flight-ukrainian-pilot-accused-russia-shooting-plane-kills-himself-suicide-a8265901.html

The Reds shot down a passenger plane in 1983, too. Remember when Repubs distrusted the Ruskies?

On September 5, 1983, President Reagan condemned the shooting down of the airplane as the "Korean airline massacre", a "crime against humanity [that] must never be forgotten" and an "act of barbarism... [and] inhuman brutality".[91]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Lines_Flight_007

Talking to Trump supporters make me If I had hair LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

BRUHLMAO

lol goteem
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

This watchdog report is a big L for Trump. But he'll still call it a victory. And his base will eat it up.

Dems are hampered by the burden of truth. It's remarkable what the GOP has been able to accomplish politically. Guess political success is alot easier to obtain, when you don't have to worry about the restraints of truth or reason.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
This watchdog report is a big L for Trump. But he'll still call it a victory. And his base will eat it up.

Dems are hampered by the burden of truth. It remarkable what the GOP has been able to accomplish politically without the restraints of truth or reason.

hannity frothing at the mouth trying to get anyone who will listen to believe that the conclusions were wrong and that it was all political...daffy duck is on now outlining all the laws Hillary broke and how this should end the Mueller investigation ...not following how he got there

...optional drinking game...do a shot every time they say 'not the rank and file FBI' on fox news
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

BRUHLMAO

lol goteem

Is that really what Twitter is like? Hell, at least Reddit has moderators and it’s literally the armpit of the internet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

BRUHLMAO

lol goteem

Is that really what Twitter is like? Hell, at least Reddit has moderators and it’s literally the armpit of the internet.

First amendment rights.

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

BRUHLMAO

lol goteem

no wonder trump uses it so much...birds of a feather?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Dems are hampered by the burden of truth. It's remarkable what the GOP has been able to accomplish politically. Guess political success is alot easier to obtain, when you don't have to worry about the restraints of truth or reason.

They will have this both ways. It justifies firing Comey, and they were also on hillary’s Team.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

I think Comey is more partisan than he believes, and as such while he won't go out of his way to screw one side and not the other, it does bias his thinking IMO..

You mean other than the time he did exactly that in the last couple of days leading up to the election?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I think Comey is more partisan than he believes, and as such while he won't go out of his way to screw one side and not the other, it does bias his thinking IMO..

You mean other than the time he did exactly that in the last couple of days leading up to the election?

My point was he didn’t go out of his way. Giuliani and his cronies threatened to put the info if he didn’t, and he felt he had a choice of doing it by the book, and the info gets out AND he gets accused of concealing it, or put it out there and hope it doesn’t kill her chances. He made the wrong choice IMO, and he made it by putting other things in front of the rules, but I definitely don’t think it was a position he tried to be in.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

BRUHLMAO

#ImStillWithHer

#bernieenoughwiththeda**emails
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 938, 939, 940 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 939 of 3673
Jump to: