THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 947, 948, 949 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Real Americans from across the nation have stepped up and created a fund to fight back against Trumps idiocy. They've raised $15 million in six days to start paying the bail for detainees at the border so that Trump can't even get his rocks off for a moment by separating kids from their families. Of course when Trump got wind of it, he instructed the Departments of Defense to send over 21 Military Attorneys and loan them to the DOJ for 6 months so they could speed up prosecutions. Currently there is about a 3 month backlog that sees detainees held in custody before they can see a judge. As of Tuesday, there was no plan to speed up that process, but yesterday, after hearing that Americans were donating to bail these detainees out, Trump sent the emergency order for the Pentagon to send these 21 attorneys to the DOJ even though none of them has any experience with Immigration Law.

Quote:
Just like arrested Americans, detained migrant parents can often post bond and simply walk out of jail.

They can then, presumably, collect their children from government custody and live in the United States until their court hearings, which are often months away.

Or they could, if they had the money. Bonds for detained migrants typically range from hundreds to many thousands of dollars — amounts that might as well be in the billions for families that arrive here with next to nothing, and have whatever they brought with them confiscated by Border Patrol.

So the Willners created a Facebook fundraiser over the weekend to raise $1,500 — enough to free a single migrant parent with a relatively low bond.

Six days later, the Willners have raised more than 10,000 times that amount — $15 million and climbing — overflowing all previous optimism.

“We can confirm this is one of the largest fundraisers we’ve ever seen on Facebook,” Roya Winner, a spokeswoman for the social media giant

Bail for Detainees

Military Lawyers Being Loaned to the DOJ

These Tards can't even screw up in a rational manner. It's as if one morning last week Trump had the idea "Zero Tolerance" popped into his head during one of his morning backups on the toilet. He then sent out an obscure non-sensical tweet, printed it out, signed his name to it, and then announced later that this was now US Policy. No rational thought given at all to simple logistics, ie, more prosecutions means more lawyers, courtrooms to place those lawyers in, new docket space to perform the prosecutions, etal. Whether one is politically opposed to these dipsh$ts or not, their complete ineptitude at simple matters of planning and execution are undeniable...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Melania visited a detention location in Texas. I'm sure she was shown A1 facilities. She read a scripted message. I'm thinking if that was Michelle Obama she would have spoken impromptu with elegance. I give Melania a E for trying. (E=effort)

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Melania visited a detention location in Texas. I'm sure she was shown A1 facilities. She read a scripted message. I'm thinking if that was Michelle Obama she would have spoken impromptu with elegance. I give Melania a E for trying. (E=effort)

I guess you didn't hear about her jacket:

Melania dons jacket saying 'I really don't care. Do U?' headed to her border visit -- and afterward

Picture the outrage if Michelle had worn a jacket with those words on the way to "visit" immigrant kids (or anyone) in her capacity as First Lady...
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

^Is there any chance she was being ironic, i.e. giving a dig toward her Husband?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^Is there any chance she was being ironic, i.e. giving a dig toward her Husband?

Whatever the reason, that's just poor judgment on her part.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

These Tards can't even screw up in a rational manner.

They don't have to. They are getting away with it anyway.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

No, because she removed it on the plane. Someone smarter than her and more compassionate than her POS husband obviously advised her it was a bad idea.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I guess you didn't hear about her jacket:

Melania dons jacket saying 'I really don't care. Do U?' headed to her border visit -- and afterward

Picture the outrage if Michelle had worn a jacket with those words on the way to "visit" immigrant kids (or anyone) in her capacity as First Lady...

I read she wore an inappropriate jacket. I didn't know that's what it said. I guess she was sending a message. DAMN!!!! The message most likely was for his base.

No way Michelle would have worn a jacket with those words on it.

I take back the E. Replace it with F- Can't post what that means.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

And I give jodeke an "F" for his cluelessness.

I mean seriously, WTF dude?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

And I give jodeke an "F" for his cluelessness.

I mean seriously, WTF dude?

Read my reply to CL...

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

After the uproar, her PR person said there was no "secret" message. Then Trump tweeted it meant she didn't care about he fake press. Then she went ahead and wore it AGAIN when she returned.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

After the uproar, her PR person said there was no "secret" message. Then Trump tweeted it meant she didn't care about he fake press. Then she went ahead and wore it AGAIN when she returned.

I'm losing the little respect I had for Melania. She had to know better.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

LAT: California and 9 other states plan to sue Trump administration for separating immigrant families

Quote:
California is joining nine other states in filing a lawsuit against the Trump administration, alleging its family separation policy for immigrants in the country illegally violates due process, state Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra said Thursday.

The action was proposed a day after Trump signed an executive order requiring families detained under the administration’s “zero tolerance” policy on immigration be kept together.

“Children belong with their families, not alone and fearful in metal cages,” Becerra said in a statement. “We are filing this lawsuit because ripping children from their parents is unlawful, wrong and heartless.”

The attorney general said Trump’s executive order is “empty and meaningless” and that many children remained separated from their parents.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Hillary Clinton Helped Raise $1.5 Million to Help Kids Torn From Their Families at the Border

Quote:
Following her keynote address at the Women’s Forum of New York’s 2018 Elly Awards on Monday, Hillary Clinton has raised more than $1.5 million for families being separated at the border.

After taking to Twitter to urge her followers to donate to a group of 10 organizations that are fighting our country's immigration policy (a direct donation that is split evenly across each organization), Clinton was able to raise $750,000 in just one day—a number that has continued to grow throughout the week, largely in part to the politician's massive social media following.

With an average donation of $60, Clinton has raised money for the American Civil Liberties Union, the Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project, the Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project, and seven other organizations—all of which are fighting tooth in nail to protect children and families separated by President Trump's "zero-tolerance" immigration policy. Half of the donations alone have come from Twitter, with email, Instagram, and Facebook following behind.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I read it as a challenge to the American people. We need to care because obviously nobody on team Trump does.

Yes, Melania, we do care, thanks.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Please take this in the supportive spirit it is intended. I read the PR announcement that there was no hidden message. And I read that Melania removed the jacket after being informed of how ill advised it was. But I haven't read that Melania doubled down and put it back on after all of that.

Now I'm not saying that it didn't happen. But I am saying that if we are going to hold LakesGnrLake to a standard of backing up his assertions with factual links, then we should feel morally and intellectually obligated to do the same.

Again, not doubting nor challenging you. I'm merely pointing out a matter of procedural fairness.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I read it as a challenge to the American people. We need to care because obviously nobody on team Trump does.

i went back a couple pages and started reading the comments, and that did pop in my mind and would be the most generous interpretation. but bottom line, the sheer ambiguity of it all just bad decision poor taste whatever.

the what if game is crazy insert anyone else but if you do obama obviously it gets crazier the amount and degree of atrociousness this admin gets a pass on

she has one job. wear clothes. greet people. she could be a robot and nothing would matter. but if she took this opportunity to send a message, and we are left with wtf was the msg, i don't think that's good esp when half will assume well what's written on it. i really dont care. i mean i hope it was ironic and imploring people to care..

from tucker carlson's only listen to us all other media outlets lie, to inghrams summer camps, to lewndoski's wah wah or womp womp whatever, and you have people with tears in their eyes at trump rallies, in ecstasy that their savior has arrived (replacing the arab commie) to exterminate the infestation and make white right again
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Please take this in the supportive spirit it is intended. I read the PR announcement that there was no hidden message. And I read that Melania removed the jacket after being informed of how ill advised it was. But I haven't read that Melania doubled down and put it back on after all of that.

Now I'm not saying that it didn't happen. But I am saying that if we are going to hold LakesGnrLake to a standard of backing up his assertions with factual links, then we should feel morally and intellectually obligated to do the same.

Again, not doubting nor challenging you. I'm merely pointing out a matter of procedural fairness.

oh please. these people have an entire army of staff and advisers and confidantes. who in the world thinks it's a good idea to go to any tragedy with that emblazoned on your jacket?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Melania Trump Put the Jacket Back On. She’s Not Tone-Deaf, Just Plain Awful.

LINK

Quote:
Melania Trump traveled from the White House to Texas wearing the jacket today, landed in Texas and took off the jacket to meet immigrant children (good!), and then flew back to Maryland and... put it back on.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I admire your attempt at fairness. However, there is one scenario I guarantee did not happen, and that is Melania calling out her husband by wearing an "I don't care jacket" in this context.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

oh please. these people have an entire army of staff and advisers and confidantes. who in the world thinks it's a good idea to go to any tragedy with that emblazoned on your jacket?

You missed the point of my post entirely.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Chicago Tribune: Melania Trump's 'I don't care' jacket causes a stir

Quote:
Mrs. Trump changed into a pale yellow jacket before the plane landed in McAllen, Texas, for a visit to the Upbring New Hope Children's Center, which houses 55 migrant children. But even after questions arose about her attire, Mrs. Trump was back in the green jacket when she returned to Washington in 80-degree weather. She has shown that she won't bow to public pressure or expectations about how she should comport herself as first lady.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

what was your point?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Melania Trump Put the Jacket Back On. She’s Not Tone-Deaf, Just Plain Awful.

LINK

Quote:
Melania Trump traveled from the White House to Texas wearing the jacket today, landed in Texas and took off the jacket to meet immigrant children (good!), and then flew back to Maryland and... put it back on.

Thanks jodeke.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

whether the jacket went up or down?

here's my point: it was an atrocious idea to begin with and the person who bears sole responsibility is Melania.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 947, 948, 949 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 948 of 3671
Jump to: