THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 948, 949, 950 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
what was your point?

It was abundantly clear.

But just to reiterate, if those of us on the left are going to challenge those on the right to back up their assertions with facts and links, then we need to be diligent about proactively doing so ourselves.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
whether the jacket went up or down?

here's my point: it was an atrocious idea to begin with and the person who bears sole responsibility is Melania.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with you there.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:

here's my point: it was an atrocious idea to begin with and the person who bears sole responsibility is Melania.

You don't think the Dumpster had anything to do with it?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
what was your point?

It was abundantly clear.

But just to reiterate, if those of us on the left are going to challenge those on the right to back up their assertions with facts and links, then we need to be diligent about proactively doing so ourselves.

yo i don't really care when the jacket went on who told her it was a bad idea frankly i doubt she will come out explicitly and ever say really anything

so to me the real important question than where the apparel was and when, what would make somebody go to a tragedy a 9/11, a katrina, a tsunami aftermath, or in this case children ripped from their parents, why in the world, i ask again, would you wear a jacket emblazoned with the words "I really don't care, do you?" and of course then leave it up in the air

i dont want a sartorial rorschach test, i want actual answers and aid. because i gave up on expecting a heart from this admin.

but please let me know how the deep dive into the case of the jacket goes that's the important part
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ani007 wrote:

the dumpster has his hands in many pies...and burgers...and beautiful choco cakes

i bet melanie heard "i really dont care, do you" from trump so many times over the years she was like this is it this is my moment to shine
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
what was your point?

It was abundantly clear.

This was all over the news for the last several hours, and I'm not known for posting (bleep) I completely made up, nor do I post wild conspiracy theories from fake news sites. Considering how much I post and link and in this thread, your post felt pretty insulting whether you meant it that way or not.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ani007 wrote:

the dumpster has his hands in many pies...and burgers...and beautiful choco cakes

i bet melanie heard "i really dont care, do you" from trump so many times over the years she was like this is it this is my moment to shine

SALE

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
what was your point?

It was abundantly clear.

yo i don't really care when the jacket went on who told her it was a bad idea frankly i doubt she will come out explicitly and ever say really anything

so to me the real important question than where the apparel was and when, what would make somebody go to a tragedy a 9/11, a katrina, a tsunami aftermath, or in this case children ripped from their parents, why in the world, i ask again, would you wear a jacket emblazoned with the words "I really don't care, do you?" and of course then leave it up in the air

i dont want a sartorial rorschach test, i want actual answers and aid. because i gave up on expecting a heart from this admin.

but please let me know how the deep dive into the case of the jacket goes that's the important part

Yo, cool rant.

But the critical aspect to overcoming all this BS is to hold ourselves to the higher standards we demand from the other side when we navigate our way making claims and proclamations about what is going on.

When confronted with an administration whose response to anything even remotely critical is "FAKE NEWS", we need to be diligent about citing our sources and being factually accurate.

Not that the other side cares. But if we want to hold our heads high, we need to care.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ani007 wrote:
what was your point?

It was abundantly clear.

This was all over the news for the last several hours, and I'm not known for posting (bleep) I completely made up, nor do I post wild conspiracy theories from fake news sites

I never even remotely claimed you were, nor that you do.

Quote:
Considering how much I post and link and in this thread, your post felt pretty insulting whether you meant it that way or not.

Sorry if you felt insulted. As I more than clearly stated, my point was that if we are going to hold the detractors and trolls at bay, then we are obligated to hold ourselves to the same standards we demand of them.

Again, that was very obvious and clear. I would feel insulted by the fact that you paint it otherwise, but that would be pointless and counter-productive.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

You could simply have said, "Hey, I didn't see that part, can you post a link?" and I would have happily done so. Instead you tried to educate me about posting policy?!?! Nope, nothing insulting about that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
You could simply have said, "Hey, I didn't see that part, can you post a link?" and I would have happily done so. Instead you tried to educate me about posting policy?!?! Nope, nothing insulting about that.

I have actually done exactly that in the past.

I'm simply pointing out that one of the reasons this thread doesn't have the diversity of opinion that we claim we want is because there are accusations that there are different standards for those that don't conform to the preponderant viewpoint.

I was very clear about that. As a mod you can take that input for what it is, or you can chose to make it personal. The choice you make in doing so is on you, not me.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm simply pointing out that one of the reasons this thread doesn't have the diversity of opinion that we claim we want is because there are accusations that there are different standards for those that don't conform to the preponderant viewpoint.

I was very clear about that. As a mod you can take that input for what it is, or you can chose to make it personal. The choice you make in doing so is on you, not me.

Uh, huh. It's all me. Right.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^Is there any chance she was being ironic, i.e. giving a dig toward her Husband?

Whatever the reason, that's just poor judgment on her part.

After the uproar, her PR person said there was no "secret" message. Then Trump tweeted it meant she didn't care about he fake press. Then she went ahead and wore it AGAIN when she returned.

I read it as a challenge to the American people. We need to care because obviously nobody on team Trump does.

Yes, Melania, we do care, thanks.

I admire your attempt at fairness. However, there is one scenario I guarantee did not happen, and that is Melania calling out her husband by wearing an "I don't care jacket" in this context.

Oh no, you misunderstood me. I think the I don't care part was a very true statement on the part of Melania.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Uh, huh. It's all me. Right.

Okay, sure . . . I'm the (bleep) here. I'll slink away accordingly.

But maybe one day, out of fairness, you'll reread what was actually said.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Accept the Left!

(somebody come up with a better Unite the Right for Left)
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

Oh no, you misunderstood me. I think the I don't care part was a very true statement on the part of Melania.

Copy . . . I think the one jacket that Melania could wear that would be more accurate is one that says "I'm clueless and stupid and I don't care"
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Copy . . . I think the one jacket that Melania could wear that would be more accurate is one that says "I'm clueless and stupid and I don't care"

Or to be more fashionable could read "my husband hates you all and pays me not to care".
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping it would lead to a website she setup to help people show they care

Hoping she would post on her twitter or something why she wore something like this

Bannon, fwiw, told the Vatican before Trump was ever elected that there is basically a race war going on..

Was it an English Translation issue

Are they trying to get Americans to look down on the South Americans even more?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
When Paul Ryan told Americans to enjoy their free cup of coffee with your tax break but we are giving a trillion dollars to business
A real patriotic American should've taken matters into their own hands

After he robbed you and me he was then given a $500,000 gift from a family of trash Americans

Ryan is just as bad as Trump

I hope someone at least finds a way to [deleted by OL, calls to violence not accepted here] someday

Trey will not be with us for a few days. Please remember this site does not endorse or condone calls for violence against people we disagree with.

I sincerely want to say Thank you for having my back. I don't want to wish harm on anyone and I appreciate being on a forum that keeps standards for all reasons.

Thank you.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Guess people asked them create this and they did

https://psasupply.co/products/i-do-really-care-melania?c=ups

All of the proceeds will go to United We Dream.

https://unitedwedream.org/

Quote:
We are the Largest Immigrant Youth-Led Community in the Country.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

They know what they're doing people. She wore the coat so the "left" can go apesh** and then the "right" can say look how crazy those liberals are, they focus on such silly things...thus furthering the divide. They've been doing this since the beginning, this is all a carefully thought out plan, and if you don't think so, then that's a big reason why he might win again in 2020. Don't miss the forest for the trees.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

Or to be more fashionable could read "my husband hates you all and pays me not to care".

Fashion is truth!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
When Paul Ryan told Americans to enjoy their free cup of coffee with your tax break but we are giving a trillion dollars to business
A real patriotic American should've taken matters into their own hands

After he robbed you and me he was then given a $500,000 gift from a family of trash Americans

Ryan is just as bad as Trump

I hope someone at least finds a way to [deleted by OL, calls to violence not accepted here] someday

Trey will not be with us for a few days. Please remember this site does not endorse or condone calls for violence against people we disagree with.

I sincerely want to say Thank you for having my back. I don't want to wish harm on anyone and I appreciate being on a forum that keeps standards for all reasons.

Thank you.

You’re a good dude Trey. You speak passionately. But you may want to dial down the hyperbole.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Question - in 2020, is Michael Avenatti the Donald Trump of the left? For good or bad, I'm not sure there is a liberal face out there that manipulates the media, or leaves more of a lasting impression, than him right now. The left has been looking for a leader of the party that will stick, could he be it (as crazy as that is to consider)?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Question - in 2020, is Michael Avenatti the Donald Trump of the left? For good or bad, I'm not sure there is a liberal face out there that manipulates the media, or leaves more of a lasting impression, than him right now. The left has been looking for a leader of the party that will stick, could he be it (as crazy as that is to consider)?

The left doesn't want a liberal Trump.
I could see the next White House hiring Avenatti though.
The left appreciates humility, relatability, and authenticity.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 948, 949, 950 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 949 of 3673
Jump to: