THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 955, 956, 957 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

From 538:
Quote:
Asked by YouGov who was more responsible for the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant families apprehended at the border, 48 percent of Republicans answered Democrats in Congress. Twenty-five percent said Trump, and 27 percent weren’t sure.

I (bleep) despise these people.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

It's complete insanity. I'm not making a comparison to Trump here, but the craziest thing in our recent history is certainly Nazi Germany. And the question I always asked myself was how Germany fell in line with something so radical. I look at Fox News, the republican congress, the wild conspiracy theories, repeating the same obvious lies... and then I see the end result of so many people just completely buying into it all. His approval ratings are growing rather than shrinking. This is how it happens. A little bit at a time, until it becomes normalized.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
tox wrote:

It's complete insanity. I'm not making a comparison to Trump here, but the craziest thing in our recent history is certainly Nazi Germany. And the question I always asked myself was how Germany fell in line with something so radical. I look at Fox News, the republican congress, the wild conspiracy theories, repeating the same obvious lies... and then I see the end result of so many people just completely buying into it all. His approval ratings are growing rather than shrinking. This is how it happens. A little bit at a time, until it becomes normalized.

Jeff Flake just said 90% of republicans are more worried about wether you support the idiot than immigration or any other issue...very tribal...his words
Made it sound just like nazi Germany to me
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

Gallup has him now at 45%, a new high (Obama was at 46% at this point). He's gaining among independents. Mueller's disapproval has reached a new high in another poll.

His strategy is working. Democrats are terrible. I think CL has suggested that, maybe, a lot of Dems are compromised by the Russians. Who knows. We have an authoritarian in office and the best critique of Trump is by Steve Schmidt.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Among developed nations, America stands alone in these convictions. Our country now appears, as at no other time in her history, like a lumbering, bellicose, dim-witted giant. Anyone who cares about the fate of civilization would do well to recognize that the combination of great power and great stupidity is simply terrifying, even to one’s friends.

Here's a quote from Letter to a Christian Nation back in 2006. Who knew it would be even more relevant today?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject:

^ 58% of Americans describe trump as intelligent ...says a lot more about American than it does about trump

Last edited by VicXLakers on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

it's not just trump and the republicans in D.C. ...GOP bass-ackward is all over the US

TEXAS GOP APPROVES 24 ANTI-LGBTQ PLATFORM PLANKS, INCLUDING SUPPORT FOR ‘EX-GAY’ THERAPY

http://www.outsmartmagazine.com/2018/06/texas-gop-approves-24-anti-lgbtq-platform-planks-including-support-for-ex-gay-therapy/

Delegates to the GOP state convention in San Antonio approved a rabidly anti-LGBTQ party platform over the weekend.

Texas Republicans once again officially endorsed the dangerous, discredited practice of “ex-gay” therapy, including for “self-motivated” youth. They called on state officials to reject the Supreme Court’s ruling in favor of same-sex marriage, and repeal Texas’ hate crimes law.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject:

a crisis of the mind...

NOVEMBER 19, 2015

More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.
Net Loss of 140,000 from 2009 to 2014; Family Reunification Top Reason for Return

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

More Mexican immigrants have returned to Mexico from the U.S. than have migrated here since the end of the Great Recession, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of newly available government data from both countries. The same data sources also show the overall flow of Mexican immigrants between the two countries is at its smallest since the 1990s, mostly due to a drop in the number of Mexican immigrants coming to the U.S.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Mark Hamill retweeted this one (it would be funny if it weren't true):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgfG1CzUwAABaud.jpg

I am beginning to be afraid

You're on the late freight. I've been worried for some time. The more racist Trump is, the more his poll number rise.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
This is part of why due process is crucial to democracy:

Quote:
Ronald Klain Verified account @RonaldKlain

If Trump can deny due process to those allegedly here unlawfully, ICE can grab YOU, allege you aren’t a citizen & deport you w/out a hearing

With no due process, you never get to the point at which you can prove you are a citizen. By the way, ICE is already grabbing people up (who are citizens) and detaining them. The only way they get released is because they get a hearing. The other day they closed down the main Interstate in Maine (south of the Canadian border) and stopped every vehicle checking for proof of citizenship:

Border patrol agents are stopping people on highways in New England to check their citizenship

(Expletive deleted) CL. You gonna make me consider carrying a copy of my birth certificate in my wallet like I do my drivers licence. 👴🏿

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

I'm with Maxine!!!

civility? when the republicans are civil for a year without being sent to the corner we'll start talking civility

let's start with some apologies for the attack on John McCain
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
I'm with Maxine!!!

civility? when the republicans are civil for a year without being sent to the corner we'll start talking civility

let's start with some apologies for the attack on John McCain

I think the complicity of Evil intentions by Melania Trump was THE END!!! of any decency

Bet Melania has zero Hispanic or even non white friends??
The whole family is on Ambien

No (bleep) given if Republicans are treated like they treat others

Ok to deny a sick heartbroken woman doctor prescribed medication
Not okay to tell someone you sincerely dislike the way they lie and support evil and that you do not feel like serving them.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Gallup has him now at 45%, a new high (Obama was at 46% at this point). He's gaining among independents.

Some of the bump comes from the economy. But China is gonna fix that. Which sucks for my portfolio.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

So if we were Germans and disagreed on the policy of gassing jews what were we supposed to do?

Trump listens to nobody.. no laws no morals no ethics NO DEMOCRACY

If Good Germans hadn't stood by and had harassed the Policy Enforcers and fought back somehow.. could it have stopped Hitler?

We are in near the same battle

Trump is WASTING BILLIONS on this immigration (bleep) ..

Bankrupting the United States morally and financially

He is doing the deeds of Vladimir Putin to destroy DEMOCRACY here
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I agree. But we should speak not to them, but to the 70 million people that didn't vote in 2016.

Yep, the only hope this country has of ever turning this horrific mess around is not to dwell on the Trumpies who continually dig in and will never change their minds, but to focus on compelling the non-voters with thoughtful reasons to re-engage. Poking Trumps with a stick gets things nowhere (and before any LG-SJW's get themselves all worked up, that's not directed at CL - she fights the good fight on a number of fronts, and does so commendably)
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/KenidraRWoods_/status/1011143243181027330?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fny-news-video-harassed-mexicans-20180625-story.html

Fat Beastly white lady trashes on Gardner and his Mother.. giving them the finger and calling them all kinds of name...

"Why do you hate us?" "Because you're Mexicans." "We are honest people right here!" "Haha..yeah.. rapists & animals."

RACISM
Sponsored by POTUS 45
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Thankfully the American was also strong minded and knew not to provoke her further..

Quote:
His message to people who voted for Trump:

"We are honest, hardworking, and respectful people. PLEASE WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO STOP RACISM!"

No one should be made to feel less than. I am outraged for him. This is not okay
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://twitter.com/KenidraRWoods_/status/1011143243181027330?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fny-news-video-harassed-mexicans-20180625-story.html

Fat Beastly white lady trashes on Gardner and his Mother.. giving them the finger and calling them all kinds of name...

"Why do you hate us?" "Because you're Mexicans." "We are honest people right here!" "Haha..yeah.. rapists & animals."

RACISM
Sponsored by POTUS 45

It'd be nice to have more information about where this took place and who this woman is so she can be appropriately revealed and shamed
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Democrats are terrible.

The song remains the same.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I think outlets like CNN and MSNBC need to spend more time attacking fox news. More importantly, however, is that the Republicans need to start putting their jobs on the line. They have to decide to not be held hostage. They have two years beginning after the 2018 election to change minds. Only way things change is if the entire government, both sides of the aisle, come out against Trump.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Only way things change is if the entire government, both sides of the aisle, come out against Trump.

That clearly isn't going to happen. The Democrats are going to have to hit the pavement and convince people to vote for them by addressing the issues they care about in a persuasive way. Trump hysteria isn't working. Russia isn't working.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Democrats are terrible.

The song remains the same.

Some Democratic representatives are undoubtedly terrible. I think it's an unfair accusation against the base though.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

just need the ones that sat out last election to vote this time...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I think outlets like CNN and MSNBC need to spend more time attacking fox news. More importantly, however, is that the Republicans need to start putting their jobs on the line. They have to decide to not be held hostage. They have two years beginning after the 2018 election to change minds. Only way things change is if the entire government, both sides of the aisle, come out against Trump.

That's counter productive. It just comes across as media infighting which just gets changed into "'FAKE News' outlets attack the 'REAL' News" by the administration and just plays right into the GOP's hands.

As for the rest of what you say, WHY would the GOP decide that they are being held hostage? They are in the cat bird seat. Their POtuS is winning on all fronts. They are benefiting from all of his efforts to burn the place down. They will NEVER come out against Trump. Even the one or two who have any true sense of morals and righteousness will realize that standing up to Trump would be political suicide and clearly none of them will step outside of what serves themselves best, and certainly not to make a self-destructive but magnanimous stance.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
just need the ones that sat out last election to vote this time...
Perhaps they would have if they didn't feel disenfranchised by the party that they thought represented them. The midterms are going to be another R repeat and I won't be surprised to see a Trump second term.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 955, 956, 957 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 956 of 3672
Jump to: