THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 991, 992, 993 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

His base will accept this as truth. His statement was scripted. For any who believe what he said SALE

Trump says he meant to say the exact opposite of what he said about Russia’s election meddling

LINK

Quote:
But Trump told reporters Tuesday that he has full confidence in the U.S. intelligence community’s assessment that the Russians did, in fact, meddle in the 2016 election. Trump said he was originally flummoxed by the press’ reaction to his comments, and that when he requested a transcript, he realized he’d made a critical mistake.

“I realize that there is a need for some clarification,” Trump said on Tuesday. “In a key sentence in my remarks, I said the word ‘would’ instead of ‘wouldn’t.'"

“The sentence should’ve been, ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double-negative,” the president continued. “I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.”

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

Even today he said, "I believe my intel community. But it could be someone else also."

That is not a walk-back. The second part negates the first part. That is more of the same.

And no one believes that double-negative reverse explanation, "I meant wouldn't, not would." Everything in that press conference including his body language and deference to Putin confirms he meant what he said the first time. Everyone who watched it knew exactly what he was trying to convey. The attempted explanation after the fact is complete utter (bleep).
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
On a side note

If Disney buys Fox News.. shouldn't all conscious breathing humans never watch another Disney movie?

Quote:
Update June 20, 2018:
https://www.fastcompany.com/40507942/what-happens-to-fox-news-after-the-disney-fox-merger
Disney just upped its bid for 21st Century Fox assets to $71.3 billion in an effort to fend-off Comcast

The news network will NOT be included in the deal.

Quote:
While regular viewers of Fox News may shudder at the idea of the right-leaning network’s leadership having to answer to noted Democrat Iger for the next four years, fear not. Fox News is not going to be part of Disney. As part of the Disney-Fox merger, 21st Century Fox will spin off Fox News, Fox Business, and the Fox broadcasting network into a new, separately traded company.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

Well, I am sure Mueller appreciates that clarification now since Trump is preparing to bring Russians back with him to help Mueller with the investigation.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Even today he said, "I believe my intel community. But it could be someone else also."

That is not a walk-back. The second part negates the first part. That is more of the same.

And no one believes that double-negative reverse explanation, "I meant wouldn't, not would." Everything in that press conference including his body language and deference to Putin confirms he meant what he said the first time. Everyone who watched it knew exactly what he was trying to convey. The attempted explanation after the fact is complete utter (bleep).

you know the 'i misspoke' is to give his supporters some bs explanation. He's not speaking to all of us
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
On a side note

If Disney buys Fox News.. shouldn't all conscious breathing humans never watch another Disney movie?

Quote:
Update June 20, 2018:
https://www.fastcompany.com/40507942/what-happens-to-fox-news-after-the-disney-fox-merger
Disney just upped its bid for 21st Century Fox assets to $71.3 billion in an effort to fend-off Comcast

The news network will NOT be included in the deal.

Quote:
While regular viewers of Fox News may shudder at the idea of the right-leaning network’s leadership having to answer to noted Democrat Iger for the next four years, fear not. Fox News is not going to be part of Disney. As part of the Disney-Fox merger, 21st Century Fox will spin off Fox News, Fox Business, and the Fox broadcasting network into a new, separately traded company.

Thank you and it helps restore some faith..

Why did I hear "Well my name's Johnnie and it might be a sin but I'll take your bet because I'm the best there's ever been" When thinking of that
Quote:
" into a new, separately traded company"

Only the Devil would own that show
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
His base will accept this as truth. His statement was scripted. For any who believe what he said SALE

Trump says he meant to say the exact opposite of what he said about Russia’s election meddling

LINK

Quote:
But Trump told reporters Tuesday that he has full confidence in the U.S. intelligence community’s assessment that the Russians did, in fact, meddle in the 2016 election. Trump said he was originally flummoxed by the press’ reaction to his comments, and that when he requested a transcript, he realized he’d made a critical mistake.

“I realize that there is a need for some clarification,” Trump said on Tuesday. “In a key sentence in my remarks, I said the word ‘would’ instead of ‘wouldn’t.'"

“The sentence should’ve been, ‘I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be Russia.’ Sort of a double-negative,” the president continued. “I think that probably clarifies things pretty good by itself.”

cough bovine scatology cough
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Starting to hear more anecdotal stories like this:

Quote:
Jon Cooper 🌊 Verified account @joncoopertweets

A Republican business owner on Long Island who was a strong Trump supporter:
👇👇👇
"The biggest mistake of my life was voting for Donald Trump. The damage he's done to our country will take years to repair. I don't give a damn how we get him out of office, but he's got to go."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

ElDandy wrote:
How come Manfort was charged for lobbying for a foreign country but members of AIPAC, which is a lobbying group for a foreign country, dont get charged with anything?

Tomorrow Im going to go to my neighbor's private property, tell him god gave me his property, rent a catepillar bulldozer tank, bulldoze his home and then build settlements on the land where his house stood where only I and people of my religion can live in. If he gets mad and fights back Im going to call him a terrorist and say that hes attacking me because he hates people of my religion.

If if works for the racist zionists of Israel, then why not me?

1. Failing to register as a foreign agent is the crime, not BEING a foreign agent.

2. That's a complex issue that is currently not up for debate even in here, and certainly not in that manner.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Starting to hear more anecdotal stories like this:

Quote:
Jon Cooper 🌊 Verified account @joncoopertweets

A Republican business owner on Long Island who was a strong Trump supporter:
👇👇👇
"The biggest mistake of my life was voting for Donald Trump. The damage he's done to our country will take years to repair. I don't give a damn how we get him out of office, but he's got to go."

None of this will matter until it penetrates those safe GOP districts and red state primary voters.
ElDandy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
[

1. Failing to register as a foreign agent is the crime, not BEING a foreign agent.

AIPAC, a lobbying group for a forign country, arent required to register as foreign agents.

Wonder why.

A year with the Russia investigation and not one single member of Trumps campaign team, let alone Trump himself, have been charged with colluding with Russian government to influence the election because there is nothing there.

There might be something there if Mueller investigated The Trump Foundation and AIPAC.....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

After yesterdays performance in Helsinki I have a feeling the Intelligence Committee will start withholding some vital information from Trump.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

ElDandy wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
[

AIPAC, a lobbying group for a forign country, arent required to register as foreign agents.

Wonder why.

A year with the Russia investigation and not one single member of Trumps campaign team, let alone Trump himself, have been charged with colluding with Russian government to influence the election because there is nothing there.

There might be something there if Mueller investigated The Trump Foundation and AIPAC.....

We're dealing with a manic who wishes he could be a Tyrant/Dictator
Mueller is slowly and very methodically plotting course for the BIG SQUEEZE

If he missteps Trump is unpredictable

I believe this current arrest and indictment for not registering as a foreign agent will possibly send fear into many
Cohen foreign agent..met secretly with Russians
Roger Stone
Trump Jr
Betsy DeVos brother founder of blackwater met with them secretly

Probably many more

NRA is suspected of laundering money from Russia to Trump also
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

ElDandy wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
[

Wonder why.

His campaign manager is in jail, so there's that. Multiple other campaign staff have plead guilty to various crimes. And his personal attorney Michael Cohen is sending out flares that he'd like to flip.

Apparently you don't understand how mafia-style criminal prosecutions work. First they establish the crime. So we have these criminal indictments against Russian hackers (and previously against Russian troll farm) for attack on the United States. Next up will be indictments against Americans who aided, abetted, coordinated, participated or attempted to participate in any way in the established crime, also known as a criminal conspiracy (not collusion). We haven't gotten there yet because Mueller is a seasoned pro who is being professional and methodical and building airtight cases which takes time. Another part of the process is getting smaller fish to flip on the bigger fish. Do you know how many in Trump's circle have flipped already? At least five that we know of including Manafort's partner Rick Gates, General Flynn and George Papadoupolous. So I wouldn't be so cocky about crowing there's no there, there, Skippy (or whatever your old handle used to be, because you're obviously a return poster).

Do you know who is not under investigation? Hillary Clinton.

Do you know how many of Clinton's campaign staff have been indicted or plead guilty to anything? Zero.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

you know the 'i misspoke' is to give his supporters some bs explanation. He's not speaking to all of us

For someone who's supposed to be a "stable genius" he sure makes a lot of misspoken remarks.
ElDandy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

His campaign manager is in jail, so there's that. Multiple other campaign staff have plead guilty to various crimes. And his personal attorney Michael Cohen is sending out flares that he'd like to flip.

Over stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with colluding with the Russian government to influence the election.

Manafort is in jail for stuff he was doing years before Trump even decided to run for president.

Quote:

Yeah kind of weird considering that is was Hilary who colluded with a foreign agent for the purposes of winning an election.

Kind of seems like there was a special set of rules set in place for Hilary and her team seeing as how her team was able to destroy 33,000 pieces in potential evidence (obstruction of justice) with nothing happening to anyone.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

And it's a perfectly rational explanation...just as long as you completely ignore everything else he said and the fact that Putin pretty much admitted it at the conference.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
After yesterdays performance in Helsinki I have a feeling the Intelligence Committee will start withholding some vital information from Trump.

Yep. And maybe even carefully leak things that will damn him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:
In case you missed Nancy Pelosi's presser

thanks ...I missed it

I misspoke. I should have said In case you didn't click on CL's
Quote:
watch live on her Facebook page here

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yep. And maybe even carefully leak things that will damn him.

FWIW I think withholding vital information could be a fire-able maybe prosecute-able offense. The real danger is other nations withholding vital information.

Other nations may not want to share intelligence after watching Trump kowtow to Putin yesterday.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

ElDandy wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Over stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with colluding with the Russian government to influence the election.

Manafort is in jail for stuff he was doing years before Trump even decided to run for president.

Quote:

Yeah kind of weird considering that is was Hilary who colluded with a foreign agent for the purposes of winning an election.

Kind of seems like there was a special set of rules set in place for Hilary and her team seeing as how her team was able to destroy 33,000 pieces in potential evidence (obstruction of justice) with nothing happening to anyone.

Manafort was well-known to have connections to Russian oligarhs when Trump hired him. Trump has known him for years because he has lived in Trump Tower for years. Manafort owed money to Russian oligarchs and wanted to trade access to Trump would-be administration in exchange for purging his debts. That's colluding with Russians. He also did money-laundering stuff with Russians, something Trump also has personal experience with. If you think the Russia connections of 30 different people in Trump's orbit is all a coincidence, I have a bridge to sell you. Also, I'm pretty sure if Hillary's campaign manager was in jail for this and I said, "Hillary knew nothing about that when she hired him!" your response would probably be, 'She's guilty too, lock her up!"

Now regarding Hillary, the bolded is a ridiculous Trump lie that is perpetuated on Fox News and right-wing crazy websites and has no basis in realty.

And just like Trump, you say "33,000 emails!" like those are some magic words that automatically mean "She's guilty of something, lock her up!" She did nothing illegal and there's no evidence whatsoever that anything nefarious was going on.

link

Quote:
But like many wild accusations, Trump’s claim is built around a true fact: Somewhere around 33,000 emails from Clinton’s time as secretary of state really were deleted. Trump, however, omitted the most crucial fact about these emails — Clinton’s team ordered them to be deleted before any subpoenas had been issued.

Stop regurgitating lies and propaganda here or the same thing will happen to your new handle that happened to your old handle.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Why wait CL? Proven troll is proven troll. Who proved it again. Ban this trumptard and flag his IP address.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adam Schiff Verified account @RepAdamSchiff

I would say that I completely believe President Trump misspoke and that he has full faith and confidence in the members of our intelligence community and understands that Putin and Russia were fully responsible for intervening in our election.

Sorry. I meant wouldn’t.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Barely knew Mr Manafort....

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/10/a_timeline_of_paul_manafort_s_relationship_with_the_trump_world.html
This piece was originally published on Just Security, an online forum for analysis of U.S. national security law and policy.

Quote:

But reports from the time Manafort joined the campaign describe him as “firmly in charge of all major aspects of Trump’s campaign,” and “asserting a more active role in shaping the direction of the campaign and the candidate.” Manafort was known to call Trump “Donald,” and one person close to the campaign said about Trump, “He’s calling Manafort like 20 times a day.”

The Trump team has also downplayed how well the president and Manafort knew each other before the 2016 campaign. Manafort himself has said, “Donald Trump and I had some business in the 1980s but we had no relationship until the Trump campaign called me.”

The depth of their relationship pre-2016 isn’t well-known, but it’s clear Trump and Manafort have been operating in close circles for decades. In 1980, Manafort, Charles Black, and Roger Stone (all Ronald Reagan campaign officials) opened a lobbying shop in Washington, D.C. One of their very first clients: Donald Trump, who employed the lobbying firm of Black, Manafort & Stone through the early 1990s.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schiff Verified account @RepAdamSchiff

I would say that I completely believe President Trump misspoke and that he has full faith and confidence in the members of our intelligence community and understands that Putin and Russia were fully responsible for intervening in our election.

Sorry. I meant wouldn’t.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 991, 992, 993 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 992 of 3673
Jump to: