THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 992, 993, 994 ... 1182, 1183, 1184  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44544
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Our representatives are showing what happens when they're presented with a first, they don't know what to do.

Trump's doing the unconscionable. It was said he would act the way he is. I don't think many believed he'd actually do it.

I think they were caught with their pants around their ankles and don't know what to do.

A weakness has been exposed, self before country.

Is it confusion or self preservation?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:


Stop regurgitating lies and propaganda here or the same thing will happen to your new handle that happened to your old handle.


It's funny, because we have seen so many LG conservatives claim that they can't get their viewpoints in because of a Leftwing bias on the part of the board.

What's really going on is that the Rightwing can't express itself without lies and propaganda. And that's on them. Not the LG staff or the members. And the conservative members who complain about this thread for it's "bias" know that, which is why they never attempt to provide an opposing view that doesn't involve lies and propaganda. I mean we have smart people here who are conservative. So why are they so unwilling to contribute to a political thread where all that is asked of them is to post fact based opinions?
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 2545
Location: Newport Coast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schiff Verified account @RepAdamSchiff

I would say that I completely believe President Trump misspoke and that he has full faith and confidence in the members of our intelligence community and understands that Putin and Russia were fully responsible for intervening in our election.

Sorry. I meant wouldn’t.




I wish LG had upvotes. That is pretty funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 2545
Location: Newport Coast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one worried that we are putting our faith in Robert Mueller to deal with all this? So far I’ve been impressed with the apparent non partisan approach, but I keep waiting for the Republican in him to rear it’s ugly head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 15536
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject:

538 Generic Congressional Ballot

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElDandy
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Trump wasnt from the from the traditional democrat vs republican mode and didnt have a history as a politican and got a lot of independent and libertarian support because of it.

The dinosaur establish Bush crime family republicans either didnt support a candidate or they supported Hilary. Trump got little support from established republicans during the campaign. Many of dinosaur Iraq war GOPers were part of the "never Trump" movement.


Last edited by ElDandy on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 15536
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Am I the only one worried that we are putting our faith in Robert Mueller to deal with all this? So far I’ve been impressed with the apparent non partisan approach, but I keep waiting for the Republican in him to rear it’s ugly head.


He has served both Republican and Democratic administrations. He has always been a straight shooter. His dedication is to the rule of law. He will go where the facts lead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9200

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

ElDandy wrote:
Trump wasnt from the from the traditional democrat vs republican mode and didnt have a history as a politican and got a lot of independent and libertarian support because of it.

The dinosaur establish Bush crime family republicans either didnt support a candidate or they supported Hilary. Trump got little support from established republicans during the campaign. Many of dinosaur Iraq war GOPers were part of the "never Trump" movement.


What’s the point of this? Whether trump got his support from traditional republicans or democrats or independents or libertarians, it doesn’t matter anymore. He is the president of the United States of America. He’s supposed to put our country’s interest first and not a foe like Russia. What he did in Helsinki was not acceptable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 4859

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ElDandy wrote:
Trump wasnt from the from the traditional democrat vs republican mode and didnt have a history as a politican and got a lot of independent and libertarian support because of it.

The dinosaur establish Bush crime family republicans either didnt support a candidate or they supported Hilary. Trump got little support from established republicans during the campaign. Many of dinosaur Iraq war GOPers were part of the "never Trump" movement.


What’s the point of this? Whether trump got his support from traditional republicans or democrats or independents or libertarians, it doesn’t matter anymore. He is the president of the United States of America. He’s supposed to put our country’s interest first and not a foe like Russia. What he did in Helsinki was not acceptable


Russia must be REALLY good then

I still think they hacked the voting machines and nobody wants to speak about it

As CL posted the fact that the biggest machine vendor installed backdoor software in them.. lamest thing ive ever heard..

The ONLY thing that was keeping them safe was that they never connected to the internet and were kept under lock and key.. now these (bleep) installed backdoor software that is probably easy to steal or hack...

Maryland voting software is owned by an Oligarch
http://www.wbaltv.com/article/maryland-voter-registration-system-runs-on-russian-owned-software-i-team-learns/22144023
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElDandy
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

In the spy world, everyone is spying and trying to hack everyone else. Russia also tried to hack the RNC and failed for example. No reason for them not to.

NSA does the same thing. Hacked and spyed on allies like Merkel during the Obama admin.

Israel has spied on the US and stolen classifed info (Johnathan Pollard). NSA spys on Israel and basically the world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 4859

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Am I the only one worried that we are putting our faith in Robert Mueller to deal with all this? So far I’ve been impressed with the apparent non partisan approach, but I keep waiting for the Republican in him to rear it’s ugly head.


Prump is lucky rooftop voters are mostly made up of neonazis, skinheads and supremacists... His Base!

I'm not advocating it but it has to be a very serious concern.

We have a President installed by a foreign adversary and HE MADE SURE you all know he is a Russian and not an American President

Even his cracker jack box mail order bride looked so happy in her future home country
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44544
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Am I the only one worried that we are putting our faith in Robert Mueller to deal with all this? So far I’ve been impressed with the apparent non partisan approach, but I keep waiting for the Republican in him to rear it’s ugly head.

He has me waiting for the other shoe to drop.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 15536
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject:

ElDandy wrote:
In the spy world, everyone is spying and trying to hack everyone else. Russia also tried to hack the RNC and failed for example. No reason for them not to.

NSA does the same thing. Hacked and spyed on allies like Merkel during the Obama admin.

Israel has spied on the US and stolen classifed info (Johnathan Pollard). NSA spys on Israel and basically the world.


Is this the everybody is evil so nothing matters defense? lol

No American president has ever stood next to the dictator who just attacked us and defended them instead of his own country. Practically every newspaper and commentator in the country is calling that weak, pathetic, shocking appalling, un-American and bordering on treason. Even Fox News called him out. But oh, sure, no biggie, everyone does it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Am I the only one worried that we are putting our faith in Robert Mueller to deal with all this? So far I’ve been impressed with the apparent non partisan approach, but I keep waiting for the Republican in him to rear it’s ugly head.


Probably a legitimate fear. I mean we saw it with Comey right before the election.

I just don't think Mueller would get this far down the road while being called out so much if he wasn't truly in it for the long haul.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ElDandy wrote:
Trump wasnt from the from the traditional democrat vs republican mode and didnt have a history as a politican and got a lot of independent and libertarian support because of it.

The dinosaur establish Bush crime family republicans either didnt support a candidate or they supported Hilary. Trump got little support from established republicans during the campaign. Many of dinosaur Iraq war GOPers were part of the "never Trump" movement.


What’s the point of this? Whether trump got his support from traditional republicans or democrats or independents or libertarians, it doesn’t matter anymore. He is the president of the United States of America. He’s supposed to put our country’s interest first and not a foe like Russia. What he did in Helsinki was not acceptable


You're speaking logic to people who aren't interested in logic.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 34317
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

ElDandy wrote:
In the spy world, everyone is spying and trying to hack everyone else. Russia also tried to hack the RNC and failed for example. No reason for them not to.

NSA does the same thing. Hacked and spyed on allies like Merkel during the Obama admin.

Israel has spied on the US and stolen classifed info (Johnathan Pollard). NSA spys on Israel and basically the world.



You know what I do when I want to talk politics?

Sign up to a team specific sports message board.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 11123
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:


Stop regurgitating lies and propaganda here or the same thing will happen to your new handle that happened to your old handle.


It's funny, because we have seen so many LG conservatives claim that they can't get their viewpoints in because of a Leftwing bias on the part of the board.

What's really going on is that the Rightwing can't express itself without lies and propaganda. And that's on them. Not the LG staff or the members. And the conservative members who complain about this thread for it's "bias" know that, which is why they never attempt to provide an opposing view that doesn't involve lies and propaganda. I mean we have smart people here who are conservative. So why are they so unwilling to contribute to a political thread where all that is asked of them is to post fact based opinions?


Few know here that after growing up in a very conservative, religious family, I still hold some very conservative values. I’m a social Liberal but that ties back to my Republican belief that what I do in my home is my own business, and to each to their own- intrusive government is oppressive government.

I’m also a fiscal conservative in the traditional sense. My inner Republican wants to hang Price for his wastefulness and greed, not nessicarily his desire to dismantle regulations. (Over regulation, see above).

I strongly believe in the 2nd amendment with reasonable regulation.

I served in the US Army. Definitely a patriot and still a bit of a war hawk.

By all definition, I’m half Republican!

I can appreciate a conservative (non-religious) point of view when fact based. Sometimes I even agree.

This thread, used to be a haven for ideas from all sides before Drumph. Where even a snowflake like me could openly debate a Duncan Idaho about gun laws with facts and civility.

Quite honestly, I don’t believe any true conservatives are here anymore. If so they are few and far between, and as always we welcome the discussion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ElDandy wrote:
In the spy world, everyone is spying and trying to hack everyone else. Russia also tried to hack the RNC and failed for example. No reason for them not to.

NSA does the same thing. Hacked and spyed on allies like Merkel during the Obama admin.

Israel has spied on the US and stolen classifed info (Johnathan Pollard). NSA spys on Israel and basically the world.



You know what I do when I want to talk politics?

Sign up to a team specific sports message board.


I think Dandy thought he was signing up to a fantasy sports site.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 15536
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ElDandy wrote:
In the spy world, everyone is spying and trying to hack everyone else. Russia also tried to hack the RNC and failed for example. No reason for them not to.

NSA does the same thing. Hacked and spyed on allies like Merkel during the Obama admin.

Israel has spied on the US and stolen classifed info (Johnathan Pollard). NSA spys on Israel and basically the world.



You know what I do when I want to talk politics?

Sign up to a team specific sports message board.


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Elvis has left the building.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41227
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:


Stop regurgitating lies and propaganda here or the same thing will happen to your new handle that happened to your old handle.


It's funny, because we have seen so many LG conservatives claim that they can't get their viewpoints in because of a Leftwing bias on the part of the board.

What's really going on is that the Rightwing can't express itself without lies and propaganda. And that's on them. Not the LG staff or the members. And the conservative members who complain about this thread for it's "bias" know that, which is why they never attempt to provide an opposing view that doesn't involve lies and propaganda. I mean we have smart people here who are conservative. So why are they so unwilling to contribute to a political thread where all that is asked of them is to post fact based opinions?


Few know here that after growing up in a very conservative, religious family, I still hold some very conservative values. I’m a social Liberal but that ties back to my Republican belief that what I do in my home is my own business, and to each to their own- intrusive government is oppressive government.

I’m also a fiscal conservative in the traditional sense. My inner Republican wants to hang Price for his wastefulness and greed, not nessicarily his desire to dismantle regulations. (Over regulation, see above).

I strongly believe in the 2nd amendment with reasonable regulation.

I served in the US Army. Definitely a patriot and still a bit of a war hawk.

By all definition, I’m half Republican!

I can appreciate a conservative (non-religious) point of view when fact based. Sometimes I even agree.

This thread, used to be a haven for ideas from all sides before Drumph. Where even a snowflake like me could openly debate a Duncan Idaho about gun laws with facts and civility.

Quite honestly, I don’t believe any true conservatives are here anymore. If so they are few and far between, and as always we welcome the discussion.


You are the diamond in the rough.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9200

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 17469
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
ElDandy wrote:
In the spy world, everyone is spying and trying to hack everyone else. Russia also tried to hack the RNC and failed for example. No reason for them not to.

NSA does the same thing. Hacked and spyed on allies like Merkel during the Obama admin.

Israel has spied on the US and stolen classifed info (Johnathan Pollard). NSA spys on Israel and basically the world.



You know what I do when I want to talk politics?

Sign up to a team specific sports message board.



_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 34317
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:


Stop regurgitating lies and propaganda here or the same thing will happen to your new handle that happened to your old handle.


It's funny, because we have seen so many LG conservatives claim that they can't get their viewpoints in because of a Leftwing bias on the part of the board.

What's really going on is that the Rightwing can't express itself without lies and propaganda. And that's on them. Not the LG staff or the members. And the conservative members who complain about this thread for it's "bias" know that, which is why they never attempt to provide an opposing view that doesn't involve lies and propaganda. I mean we have smart people here who are conservative. So why are they so unwilling to contribute to a political thread where all that is asked of them is to post fact based opinions?


Few know here that after growing up in a very conservative, religious family, I still hold some very conservative values. I’m a social Liberal but that ties back to my Republican belief that what I do in my home is my own business, and to each to their own- intrusive government is oppressive government.

I’m also a fiscal conservative in the traditional sense. My inner Republican wants to hang Price for his wastefulness and greed, not nessicarily his desire to dismantle regulations. (Over regulation, see above).

I strongly believe in the 2nd amendment with reasonable regulation.

I served in the US Army. Definitely a patriot and still a bit of a war hawk.

By all definition, I’m half Republican!

I can appreciate a conservative (non-religious) point of view when fact based. Sometimes I even agree.

This thread, used to be a haven for ideas from all sides before Drumph. Where even a snowflake like me could openly debate a Duncan Idaho about gun laws with facts and civility.

Quite honestly, I don’t believe any true conservatives are here anymore. If so they are few and far between, and as always we welcome the discussion.


You would have been considered a staunch Republican 20 years ago. What the party represents now would quite frankly horrify most of them. The party is being represented by literal Nazis in the upcoming election.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 17469
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Comey urges Americans to vote for Democrats in midterms

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/397572-longtime-republican-comey-urges-americans-to-vote-for-democrats

This is real rich coming from him.
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 9596

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Clinton-Trump Debate
October 19, 2016

CLINTON: Well, that’s because he’d rather have a puppet as president of the United States.

TRUMP: No puppet. No puppet.

CLINTON: And it’s pretty clear...

TRUMP: You’re the puppet!

CLINTON: It’s pretty clear you won’t admit...

TRUMP: No, you’re the puppet.

CLINTON: ... that the Russians have engaged in cyberattacks against the United States of America, that you encouraged espionage against our people, that you are willing to spout the Putin line, sign up for his wish list, break up NATO, do whatever he wants to do, and that you continue to get help from him, because he has a very clear favorite in this race.
So I think that this is such an unprecedented situation. We’ve never had a foreign government trying to interfere in our election. We have 17 — 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military, who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyberattacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin and they are designed to influence our election. I find that deeply disturbing.

WALLACE: Secretary Clinton...

CLINTON: And I think it’s time you take a stand...

TRUMP: She has no idea whether it’s Russia, China, or anybody else.

CLINTON: I am not quoting myself.

TRUMP: She has no idea.

CLINTON: I am quoting 17...

TRUMP: Hillary, you have no idea.

CLINTON: ... 17 intelligence — do you doubt 17 military and civilian...

TRUMP: And our country has no idea.

CLINTON: ... agencies.

TRUMP: Yeah, I doubt it. I doubt it.

CLINTON: Well, he’d rather believe Vladimir Putin than the military and civilian intelligence professionals who are sworn to protect us. I find that just absolutely...

TRUMP: She doesn’t like Putin because Putin has outsmarted her at every step of the way.


She was right about everything.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 992, 993, 994 ... 1182, 1183, 1184  Next
Page 993 of 1184
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB