THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Christian values are considered hate speech at times just because they do not meet political correctness standards.

No. Hate speech is hate speech is hate speech. It has nothing to do with "political correctness", nor does it have anything to do with "Christian values". There are no true "Christian Values" that are about hate. There are just Christians who have twisted the book they read into fuel for their own personal hate. That's a BIG difference.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

The "conservatives are being censored" argument falls apart upon consideration that a) the stuff he's being banned for isn't shared by any other conservative public figure and b) conservatives with much bigger audiences and much greater influence are still on those platforms.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
Christian values are considered hate speech at times just because they do not meet political correctness standards.

No. Hate speech is hate speech is hate speech. It has nothing to do with "political correctness", nor does it have anything to do with "Christian values". There are no true "Christian Values" that are about hate. There are just Christians who have twisted the book they read into fuel for their own personal hate. That's a BIG difference.

I am agnostic, but your claim is false if "christian values" is equivalent to biblical text. There definitely is biblical text that liberal orthodoxy would view as lacking tolerance.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Alex Jones is already being set up on a conservative channel formed for people kicked off YouTube. So how is he being silenced?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

I am agnostic, but your claim is false if "christian values" is equivalent to biblical text. There definitely is biblical text that liberal orthodoxy would view as lacking tolerance.

Yes, there are certainly ways to bastardize the text to justify intolerance. That's the point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Alex Jones is already being set up on a conservative channel formed for people kicked off YouTube. So how is he being silenced?

Not to mention he's received more attention and prominence than he deserves and which will actually serve him better than if he had never been banned or blocked in the first place.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Yes, there are certainly ways to bastardize the text to justify intolerance. That's the point.

I assume you have a unique interpretation of Leviticus 20:13? or the countless verses that identify those that recognize other gods as a multitude of negative descriptions, and encourages/demands Christians to segregate from these "people"? Again, I am not defending the bible or claiming it should be anything to anyone.....just pointing out that I do not understand how you can claim that the readers are misinterpreting the text to fit a personal agenda.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we should tread lightly around the religious angle?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Maybe we should tread lightly around the religious angle?

I will not press it further.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
If Trump gets impeached I bet him the crowds will be twice the size of his inauguration

Obama tried to rig an election and used government agencies to do it. He made the Russians look like the JV team. The more that gets uncovered the worse it looks.

Please post a link to any evidence of the above. Because as far as I can tell that's completely made-up, unsubstantiated right-wing wacko conspiracy nonsense. When people assert bullcrap like this, their credibility is: ZERO
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I have not followed the election cycle closely....but I kind of dug into some of the numbers on RCP recently. It appears the Dems have a good chance of taking control of the House, but the GOP is likely to hold onto the Senate. Is that the widely held opinion as of today?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I have not followed the election cycle closely....but I kind of dug into some of the numbers on RCP recently. It appears the Dems have a good chance of taking control of the House, but the GOP is likely to hold onto the Senate. Is that the widely held opinion as of today?

Yeah, only eight GOP senate seats are up, with 25 democratic seats, including a few in red states.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
If Trump gets impeached I bet him the crowds will be twice the size of his inauguration

Obama tried to rig an election and used government agencies to do it. He made the Russians look like the JV team. The more that gets uncovered the worse it looks.

Please post a link to any evidence of the above. Because as far as I can tell that's completely made-up, unsubstantiated right-wing wacko conspiracy nonsense. When people assert bullcrap like this, their credibility is: ZERO

I actually see a conspiracy theory floating around on Twitter that Obama ordered Comey to re-open the investigation close to Election Day so Hilary would lose and Michelle Obama could be the first women president in 2020
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

This is the Trump/Russian tactic. They make up a fake war against ‘conservative’ values. The white nationalist and evalengicals feel threatened that they would be fine to being traitors by colluding with foreign power then work out differences with fellow Americans on the left. Russians want America to be divided in half. NATO is weakened. Trade war. Russians destroying America and people just don’t care as long as they have their precious ideology. They are putting party ahead of country.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
U.S. Officials Scrambled Behind the Scenes to Shield NATO Deal From Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/politics/nato-summit-trump.html

Putting policy aside. Whether you're a Dem or Rep. Isn't it idiotic to have a President who has to be tricked into beneficial policy for our country?
It's stupid and dangerous. And the underlings who pat themselves on the back for "sticking it out" for the good of the country. I feel neutral about those people, at best.

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

In fairness, if you’re not in a position to actually do anything about him, sticking it out and doing your best is preferable to self righteous resignation to be replaced by a loon.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
In fairness, if you’re not in a position to actually do anything about him, sticking it out and doing your best is preferable to self righteous resignation to be replaced by a loon.

But at the same time you're holding together a dangerous, harmful Presidency.
Maybe the rational people around Trump "doing their best" should resign. And then testify under oath about Trump not being fit for office.
They are fence sitters looking for some way to sleep at night.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/07/magazine/paul-ryan-speakership-end-trump.html
Quote:
Ryan prefers to tell Trump how he feels in private. He joins a large group of Trump’s putative allies, many of whom have worked in the administration, who insist that they have shaped Trump’s thinking and behavior in private: the “Trust me, I’ve stopped this from being much worse” approach. “I can look myself in the mirror at the end of the day and say I avoided that tragedy, I avoided that tragedy, I avoided that tragedy,” Ryan tells me. “I advanced this goal, I advanced this goal, I advanced this goal.”

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

I’m not talking about Ryan. Ryan is in charge of the body tasked with being a check on trump. But a staffer that trump can replace? You want one of trumps lackies administering the inner workings of the fbi or the pentagon?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I’m not talking about Ryan. Ryan is in charge of the body tasked with being a check on trump. But a staffer that trump can replace? You want one of trumps lackies administering the inner workings of the fbi or the pentagon?

But are we sure they're "making a difference"? So much of the administration's actions are people trying to reverse engineer meaningful policy and perspective from deranged tweets.
Despite rational fence sitters trying their best. The results haven't been pretty.
Maybe if they didn't try to clean up the baby's mess and TESTIFIED, it would be easier to stop this train wreck.
But I will admit. We don't know the alternative. I can't imagine it being worse, but that may just be a testament to my lack of imagination.
As things stand now, I feel generous giving the fence sitters a neutral rating.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Judge Threatens to Hold Jeff Sessions in Contempt of Court Over Deportation

Session is a disgrace. Trump ish's on him daily yet he consistently kowtows to him. He's a spineless toad. Great to see Judge Emmet Sullivan do the right thing. Hopefully others will have the courage to stand up to the disgraces in office.

The mother and daughter were returned to the United States. (STAY TUNED)
LINK

Quote:
U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington learned in court that the two plaintiffs in a lawsuit before him were being removed from the United States and confirmed later that they were on a plane headed to Central America. He said any delay in bringing them back would be intolerable.

If they fail to comply, the judge said, Sessions, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and other senior Homeland Security officials would have to convince him not to hold them in contempt of court.

The Department of Homeland Security was bringing the pair back to the United States on Thursday after the plane landed in El Salvador. The mother and daughter did not disembark in the Central American country.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yeah, only eight GOP senate seats are up, with 25 democratic seats, including a few in red states.

If I recall in 2020, it will swing to 22 Republican Senators up for re-election and only 11 Dems in the Senate. The GOP probably blew this mid-term in the Senate...in a vacuum, it would have been the perfect opportunity to pick up 3-5 seats....but it looks like they will be lucky to hold the line. Really surprised that Manchin (WV) and Tester (MT) are running so strong on the Dem side...but also surprised Scott is running ahead of Nelson in Florida.

In regards to Manchin.....WV Republicans put up a terrible slate of candidates...and a Brooklyn born, New Jersey guy won. Right or wrong, that was always going to be a hard sell in rural WV.

As for Scott.....it is somewhat amazing at how much he has improved as a "politician". That first term he won as Governor was just a weird election in which he won with money, the Tea Party movement, and some of the Bush (Jeb) infrastructure that wanted to get the Charlie Christ taste out of their mouth....but he did not have an ounce of charisma nor was he a very attractive man......but he walks and talks like a politician now.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

BOOM, SPLAT, POW!!! Trump's given the notion anyone can be president of the, used to be, most powerful country in the Western World. As much as I detest them IMO a politician should in the Oval Office.

Maybe Avenatti has the political know how, maybe he doesn't. I think a politician, (Democrat) is needed. IMO Trump is making a mess a new comer won't have the experience to fix.

Stormy Daniels attorney Michael Avenatti: 'I'm exploring a run for the presidency of the United States'

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Stormy Daniels attorney Michael Avenatti: 'I'm exploring a run for the presidency of the United States'

LINK

please let this happen...
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BOOM, SPLAT, POW!!! Trump's given the notion anyone can be president of the, used to be, most powerful country in the Western World. As much as I detest them IMO a politician should in the Oval Office.

Maybe Avenatti has the political know how, maybe he doesn't. I think a politician, (Democrat) is needed. IMO Trump is making a mess a new comer won't have the experience to fix.

LINK

Lmao we are so (bleep) if this is where we are headed with presidential candidates.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

please let this happen...

Avenatti can be Dwayne Johnson's VP. Trump is going to smell what The Rock is cooking in 2020.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1024, 1025, 1026 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 1025 of 3671
Jump to: