THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1085, 1086, 1087 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Not sure why the response was that I am paranoid? It is neither irrational or unreasonable to conclude that the Democrats are attempting to use this story to stall the process, not seek any truth.

Adkindo . . . you are the last person that should be bringing up the concept of "truth", as your comment above proves in its astronomical level of hypocrisy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject:

Dr. Ford has received death threats, had to leave her house and hire private security to protect her. To counter the conspiracy theories, here are some tweets from various prominent people for context. Basically, these prominent men speaking up for women are now being subjected to the same sort of treatment women have been subjected to on social media daily for the last couple of years.

Quote:
Matthew Dowd Verified account @matthewjdowd

For the last 24 hours I have been deluged with the most despicable, hateful ugly notes and posts as well as physical threats for saying I believe Dr. Christine Blasey Ford. I can’t imagine what Dr. Ford is dealing with. We must end all abuse. Now.

Quote:
Brian Fallon Verified account @brianefallon

What we have seen in last 24 hours is GOP at its lowest. They have been trying to bully Dr. Blasey into choosing between walking into the ambush they are setting up for her next Monday, or to have her very credible allegations ignored entirely. All while she gets death threats.

Quote:
Peter Daou Verified account @peterdaou

I get up to see Fox News, Breitbart, and Townhall going after me for saying BELIEVE WOMEN. They argue that Dems have ignored and undermined #KarenMonahan, Keith Ellison's accuser. I'll repeat what I said yesterday: Believe women whether the accused is a Democrat or a Republican.

Quote:
Howard Dean Verified account @GovHowardDean

Lindsey Graham and Fox News (Hannity) now throwing shade at polygraph which Dr Ford took and passed How low Graham has fallen in the last few years. Without McCain he has no moral compass at all.

Quote:
Frank Figliuzzi Verified account @FrankFigliuzzi1

What is Sen. Grassley afraid of? Why is the victim the only one asking for an objective investigation by FBI?

Quote:
John Dean Verified account @JohnWDean

Christine Ford was very wise to request that the FBI do a follow up investigation on her charges. The fact they missed her earlier shows how thin background investigations are. Agents hate them. But this is real now and they need to find answers. GOP knows women are watching!

Quote:
Kyle Griffin Verified account @kylegriffin1

Bloomberg reports, according to a person familiar, that the FBI *did not* tell Trump or the W.H. that it doesn't want to be involved in the allegations against Kavanaugh.

The FBI could do further investigation if the W.H. requests it, the person said.

Quote:
Steven Beschloss @StevenBeschloss

If Kavanaugh is innocent and he’s such a fine nominee for the Supreme Court, then why did the GOP refuse to release all the records and why are they in such a damn hurry to rush the result?

Quote:
Ronald Klain Verified account @RonaldKlain

FACT: In 1991 -- by bipartisan agreement -- the FBI was sent to interview both Prof. Hill and Judge Thomas approx two weeks before the public hearings on Hill's allegations were conducted.

Quote:
Jamil Smith Verified account @JamilSmith

Women are treated like liars when they accuse men of sexual assault. But somehow Brett Kavanaugh—he of the multiple lies under oath—gets the benefit of the doubt. I wrote about that for @RollingStone, asking: What does a man have to do to not be believed?

Quote:
Retweeted Natasha Bertrand
In the past 24 hours, Dr. Ford has had her personal details published online by trolls resulting in hacked email accounts, identity theft, death threats, and has been forced to move from her home and get security.

This is why women don’t come forward.

Quote:
Bree Newsome Verified account @BreeNewsome

Numerous factors show that Ford's accusation is credible. This is not a criminal trial but a credibility test. The fact that Ford wants to testify following an investigation, while the men she's accusing & their allies want to prevent further investigation, is itself a red flag.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jared Yates Sexton Verified account @JYSexton

To forward their agenda, Republicans would accept a traitorous president who bragged on tape about sexually assaulting women, a Supreme Court justice accused of attempted rape, and a child predator as senator.

Never forget that. This is a party that deserves to go away.

But it's the Democratic Party that's despicable. ::rolleseyes::
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I am far more repulsed by the Democratic Party and modern liberal ideology than I am by stupid (bleep) Trump says or tweets.

OK. You said it, now explain it. Tells us all of the policies of the Dems since, heck pick your [starting] point, and how they have clearly demonstrated to be harmful to the American people. You might also list all of the scandals and the people indicted or arrested in Dem administrations, but then you might want to consider that I will return the favor.

Hey hit and run, how backing your bold assertion.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Christine Blasey Ford May Not Testify on Monday After All

LINK
Quote:

Another wrench was thrown into Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination plans this evening when the woman who has accused him of sexual assault, Christine Blasey Ford, said through her lawyers that she wants the FBI to investigate her claims against Kavanaugh before she testifies in front of Congress.

Her lawyers never intended on her testifying under oath. Her attorneys are coordinating and trying to implement the Democrat's game plan. Whether her story is true or false, the Democratic Party's only interest in it from the beginning was to use if needed to delay and ultimately stop this nomination. The FBI, CIA and the Georgetown Preparatory School Crossing Guard could all do an investigation, and she is not testifying under oath. Her attorney's would move on to the next Democratic Party's tactic.

Paranoid much?

Not really, that is what is going on. We have seen it many times before.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK
Quote:

Another wrench was thrown into Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination plans this evening when the woman who has accused him of sexual assault, Christine Blasey Ford, said through her lawyers that she wants the FBI to investigate her claims against Kavanaugh before she testifies in front of Congress.

Her lawyers never intended on her testifying under oath. Her attorneys are coordinating and trying to implement the Democrat's game plan. Whether her story is true or false, the Democratic Party's only interest in it from the beginning was to use if needed to delay and ultimately stop this nomination. The FBI, CIA and the Georgetown Preparatory School Crossing Guard could all do an investigation, and she is not testifying under oath. Her attorney's would move on to the next Democratic Party's tactic.

Paranoid much?

I do not follow? Being honest...just explain the implication.

If Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Blasey Ford 36 years ago, should he be a Supreme Court Justice?

Not sure why the response was that I am paranoid? It is neither irrational or unreasonable to conclude that the Democrats are attempting to use this story to stall the process, not seek any truth. If there was any interest in seeking the truth, Feinstein and Dem's would have notified the committee/FBI about this allegation months ago....even if they did not disclose the name initially.

This forum was claiming yesterday that the committee needed to hear her claim.....then as soon it appeared she may get a hearing....TV Dems, followed by this forum jumped on the "we need an FBI investigation"....we need many witnesses....this will take months to sift through. Her attorney is not going to have her speak under oath.

Why do you think Mark Judge was chosen to be the sole witness? I mean the therapist notes did not give any names, but claimed it was 4 males in 2012. Now it is only Judge. He was a friend of Kavanaugh, but both claim more so one of many....not best friends or anything. Could it be that they knew they could use some of Judge's writings to discredit him, and associate his claims/experience to Kavanaugh?

Is it common or even plausible that this monster that tried to rape a female never got caught or paid any consequences, but immediately changed and for over 36 years not a single blemish or mention of any type of aggressive acts towards another human? What is your real fear.....that Kavanaugh is undeserving because of an act that someone claims he did 36 years ago, or do you think that he will sexually assault people at the Supreme Court?

Am I skeptical of her claim? Extremely, because of many surrounding facts. That said, my post was simply pointing out that her claim is being used as political tool by the Democrats. She was offered a closed session if she did not want her testimony to be in front of the public, and she rejected it. There are at least 5 clips of her attorney on television yesterday saying her client felt it was her civic duty, and just desired to testify to the committee....she would do "whatever it takes". The bluff was called, and now she needs the FBI to investigate a complaint that happened 36 years ago involving minors, and can not be prosecuted. My prediction yesterday was there would only be one party willing to raise their right hand and testify under oath. Kavanaugh accepted the committee's invitation.

Instead of stalling the process to seek truth, I suppose. And to answer your question about paranoia, re-read your paragraph on Mark Judge. He was "chosen?"

But you didn't directly answer my question: "If Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Blasey Ford 36 years ago, should he be a Supreme Court Justice?"
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

I've said this before and I'll say it again. No woman should ever vote for a Republican. Just don't do it. Despite revisiting Anita Hill's appalling treatment, the Women's march and the MeToo movement, there is just as much misogyny (or more) directed at women as ever. Some of it's cloaked in slightly more opaque and less offensive language. But in policy and in deeds, the Republican party symbolically spits on women and seeks to return them to property status. Those are the facts.

Kavanaugh actually referred to birth control as "abortion inducing medication" LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AGO ON LIVE TV. Republicans don't just want to roll back Roe v Wade, they want a return to pre-1960's status. Birth control wasn't made widely available to women until the 1970's, and they want that rolled back too.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

A poll came out that has O'Rourke leading Cruz by 2 points, 47-45. I think that is the first poll that has Cruz behind. There's another new poll that has Cruz up by 9, but that is an outlier since most other polls have him leading between 1 and 4 points.

Beto has a chance to win. Still unlikely, but we'll see.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

In my mind I wonder if Republicans REALLY want Christine Blasey Ford to testify in public. Attacking her may be political suicide. The coming elections have seats in jeopardy. Attacking a woman will turn the women faction against them. I think they're hoping she doesn't show up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK
Quote:

Paranoid much?

Not really, that is what is going on. We have seen it many times before.

Please enumerate all of these instances.

The tenor of your and adkindo's responses remind me of some of the talking points going around conservative media during last year's Al Franken incident. It was seen by some as pure political chicanery: Franken was a sacrificial lamb so that the Dems could claim a moral high ground to undermine then-candidate Roy Moore and, of course, President "They Let You Do It" Trump. In that instance as now with Kavanaugh's accuser, some cynical folks privilege an interpretation of coordinated malice over one of basic human empathy, which seems to be projection from those who maybe don't want to confront how pervasive sexual harassment and assault are - especially among men in power - perhaps because it hits too close to home. And perhaps because Trump is an oversized, neon orange totem to the harassment and degredation of women reminding some folks that every day they tolerate what they accuse Democratic Party members and other assorted "leftists" of doing.

But if you want to reduce outrage over Kavanaugh's alleged attempted rape to cold political pragmatism, how about this: the Democratic Party has more women as representatives, more female candidates running in November, and are broadly much more popular with women than the GOP. When Mazie Hirono stands up and demands, "Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing for a change," perhaps she's cynically thinking about representing the voices of half of her constituency. If women are electing women to represent their voices in Congress, maybe it makes sense that those female representatives then stand up for the voices of women often silenced by men in power. If nothing else, it should help Mazie Hirono get re-elected, right?

So perhaps when other women see a panel dominated by eleven old Grand Ol' Party dudes pushing a candidate who allegedly sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl and who may represent the deciding vote in gutting Roe, they don't see a party that represents their interests any longer. Because right now their interests are best represented by having a thorough investigation conducted into this attempted rape claim in part to reassure at least half the population that Brett Kavanaugh doesn't think women's bodies are objects for men's use. How's that for cold political pragmatism?

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

I'm a bit confused. A nominee for the Supreme freaking Court has been accused of attempted rape, that took place where there is no statute of limitations on such a crime, and people are making a big deal out of actually investigating it as if it was, oh, let me see, I'm trying to come up with the right word for this but it's just so hard, let's try this one...A FREAKING CRIME?

Not a slap on the wrist, he's learned his lesson, boys will be boys type of crime, but a class A felony that carries a mandatory prison sentence.
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Read: Christine Blasey Ford's attorneys' letter requesting FBI investigation

LINK

I don't even think the FBI has jurisdiction to investigate this. This would be a local police matter. And really what are they going to investigate? She can't even provide any detail of when it happened, where she was, and why she was there. If Kavanaugh is going to be raked over the coals for this then everyone in this thread now has the potential to be labeled a sexual predator if there are allegations placed against them with zero evidence to back the claim.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I don't even think the FBI has jurisdiction to investigate this. This would be a local police matter. And really what are they going to investigate? She can't even provide any detail of when it happened, where she was, and why she was there. If Kavanaugh is going to be raked over the coals for this then everyone in this thread now has the potential to be labeled a sexual predator if there are allegations placed against them with zero evidence to back the claim.

FBI investigated Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

The White House can request the FBI conduct an investigation as part of Kavanaugh's background check. The Bush White House requested such an investigation into Anita Hill's claims.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Oh look, more evidence that Trump>>>>>Democratic Party:

Trump says exposing ‘corrupt’ FBI probe could be ‘crowning achievement’ of presidency

Quote:
President Trump in an exclusive interview with Hill.TV said Tuesday he ordered the release of classified documents in the Russia collusion case to show the public the FBI probe started as a "hoax" and that exposing it could become one of the "crowning achievements" of his presidency.

"What we've done is a great service to the country, really," Trump said in a 45-minute, wide-ranging interview in the Oval Office.

In an unprecedented abuse of Executive power that puts FBI sources and ability to collect crucial information in jeopardy, the ignorant traitorous clown lies that this is good for the country when he is seeking to prevent an investigation into his own campaign's possible wrongdoing. This is what happens in authoritarian regimes and banana republics, not the United States of America. But Trump>>>>>Democrats.

Quote:
Trump also said he regretted not firing former FBI Director James Comey immediately instead of waiting until May 2017, confirming an account his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, gave Hill.TV earlier in the day that Trump was dismayed in 2016 by the way Comey handled the Hillary Clinton email case and began discussing firing him well before he became president.

"If I did one mistake with Comey, I should have fired him before I got here. I should have fired him the day I won the primaries," Trump said. "I should have fired him right after the convention, say I don't want that guy.

smh

Quote:
He criticizing the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court's approval of the warrant that authorized surveillance of Carter Page, a low-level Trump campaign aide, toward the end of the 2016 presidential race, suggesting the FBI misled the court.

"They know this is one of the great scandals in the history of our country because basically what they did is, they used Carter Page, who nobody even knew, who I feel very badly for, I think he's been treated very badly. They used Carter Page as a foil in order to surveil a candidate for the presidency of the United States."

Impartial judges, many of whom were Republican authorized FISA warrants in completely legal fashion. Carter Page has multiple links to Russia, and that's the guy Trump is defending. Either Trump is lying, or he's an idiot who doesn't understand how law enforcement works, or he knows and doesn't care because he thinks he is above the law. But Trump>>>>Democrats

Quote:
The president spared no words in criticizing Comey, former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok, lawyer Lisa Page and other FBI officials who started the probe. He recited specific text messages Page and Strzok traded while having an affair and investigating his campaign, arguing the texts showed they condoned leaks and conducted a bogus probe.

Those texts are to be released as a result of Trump's announcement on Monday.

The man who has still not released ANY OF HIS TAX RETURNS has ordered the public release of PRIVATE EMAILS of people who have devoted their professional lives to protecting this country. This is what autocrats (like Putin) do to smear his political rivals or anyone who disagrees with them. But Trump>>>>Democrats.

Quote:
Trump said he had not read the documents he ordered declassified but said he expected to show they would prove the FBI case started as a political "hoax."

So in addition to breaking executive and DOJ norms of not interfering in an ongoing DOJ investigation, HE COULDN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED TO READ THE INFORMATION HE WAS DECLASSIFYING. But Trump>>>>Democrats

It would be funny if it weren't so dangerous and ludicrous.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I don't even think the FBI has jurisdiction to investigate this. This would be a local police matter.

Nope, but nice try. They're not asking that it be investigated as a criminal matter (i.e., an investigation leading to what may become a criminal charge). They are asking that it be investigated as part of the background check which IS under the FBI's jurisdiction. And history isn't on your side either, because under similar circumstances the FBI in fact DID conduct a similar investigation regarding Anita Hill's accusations. The White House would have to request it, is all.

Quote:
And really what are they going to investigate? She can't even provide any detail of when it happened, where she was, and why she was there.

Then it should be a pretty quick investigation, shouldn't it? An investigation that would assess what she can provide and what she can't, and conclude whether her accusation is credible given the information available, the time that has passed, and corroboration or discorroboration of others who were said to be there. In other words, let's do this on the basis of a professional assessment, and put that assessment in the hands of the people who are experts in doing this.

Quote:
If Kavanaugh is going to be raked over the coals for this then everyone in this thread now has the potential to be labeled a sexual predator if there are allegations placed against them with zero evidence to back the claim.

To look at it the other way, if Kavanaugh is going to SHAKE the presumption that he was a sexual predator, the way to do that is to have an investigation done and conclude that there's no THERE there, not to push through a vote without assessing the claim. They should be the ones WANTING this to be investigated.

And how did YOU assess and determine that there is zero evidence to back the claim? Did you conduct a professional investigation, talk to all available witnesses, and use your skills as a professional in this sort of work to arrive at that conclusion? Don't you think SOMEBODY qualified to do that should do it before people like you get to jump to the conclusion that there's no evidence?

As far as being raked over the coals, this is our once chance to vet someone before confirming them to a lifetime appointment in the highest court in the land. I WANT someone to be raked over the coals before doing that, and I don't care who it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
A poll came out that has O'Rourke leading Cruz by 2 points, 47-45. I think that is the first poll that has Cruz behind. There's another new poll that has Cruz up by 9, but that is an outlier since most other polls have him leading between 1 and 4 points.

Beto has a chance to win. Still unlikely, but we'll see.

Billboards with Rumps words on them all over Cruzville could help?

Quote:
“Lyin’ Ted” Cruz

“You have to spell it right!” Mr. Trump implored a campaign crowd. “It’s L-Y-I-N-apostrophe. Lyin’ Ted. The bible held high, he puts it down and then he lies.” Mr. Trump went on to repeatedly float the evidence-free claim that Mr. Cruz’s father was involved in the Kennedy assassination.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/us/politics/trump-nicknames.html

lol.. in my search i found
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/us/politics/trump-nicknames.html

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Oh look, more evidence that Trump>>>>>Democratic Party:

Let's break down the math we've seen here the last couple of pages:

Dems = Equal rights regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, sexual preference; Fair pay for workers; supporters unions; higher wages; a strong middle class; Affordable education; A social system that cares for our Veterans, Elders, Disabled and Disadvantaged; Affordable and accessible Health Care; Women's reproductive freedom.

Trump = Racism, misogyny, xenophobia; Enriching the already wealthy at the expense of the middle and working class; The abolition off any reasonable health care; Eradication of the Free Press; Imprisonment and separation of children from their parents; Colluding with a foreign adversary; Subverting our electoral process; Suppression of voting rights; Greedy spending of tax payer money for personal expenses and financial gain . . .

But Trump>>The Democratic Party

As I said, before, when you break it down, the math says much more about the person who comes to that conclusion than it does the Dems.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

And how did YOU assess and determine that there is zero evidence to back the claim? Did you conduct a professional investigation, talk to all available witnesses, and use your skills as a professional in this sort of work to arrive at that conclusion? Don't you think SOMEBODY qualified to do that should do it before people like you get to jump to the conclusion that there's no evidence?

I can only go by what has been presented as her story and it's lack of any detail. She apparantly doesn't want to testify even in a closed session. That doesn't really help her credibility either.
LarryCoon wrote:

As far as being raked over the coals, this is our once chance to vet someone before confirming them to a lifetime appointment in the highest court in the land. I WANT someone to be raked over the coals before doing that, and I don't care who it is.

When I said "raked over the coals" I meant that he is already being labeled a sexual predator not that he shouldn't be vetted, which has already been done in his mandatory backround check. The FBI can investigate further but like I said before what is there to investigate when you can't provide any details? That's like asking the police to investigate your stolen car but you can't tell them what type of car it is, where it was stolen, and when it was stolen.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
In phone conversations with Trump, Putin would whisper conspiratorially, telling the U.S. president that it wasn’t their fault that they could not consummate the relationship that each had sought.

Quote:
“It’s not us. We get it,” Putin would tell Trump, according to White House aides. “It’s the subordinates fighting against our friendship.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/in-secret-calls-putin-cultivated-trumps-anger-at-the-deep-state

Aww. It's a love story akin to Romeo and Juliet.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

To forward their agenda, Republicans would accept a traitorous president who bragged on tape about sexually assaulting women, a Supreme Court justice accused of attempted rape, and a child predator as senator.

Haven't seen any Trump accusers of abuse.

Clinton has plenty of accusers of abuse and rape. Hillary protected him and they let her run for President.

Who knows about Dr. Ford. What we do know is that she is a Democrat activist, that the her letter was designed to be used as a last resort, that here story cannot be investigated. The circumstances are very questionable to say the least.

Kavanaugh does have a lot of character witnesses that all claim he was a gentleman in his youth.

There is no way to evaluate the truth which just seems to convenient.

Here is what I know....either Kavanaugh attempted rape or Ford is a dirty rotten liar. One of these must be true.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Clinton has plenty of accusers of abuse and rape. Hillary protected him and they let her run for President.

Who knows about Dr. Ford. What we do know is that she is a Democrat activist, that the her letter was designed to be used as a last resort, that here story cannot be investigated. The circumstances are very questionable to say the least.

Kavanaugh does have a lot of character witnesses that all claim he was a gentleman in his youth.

Here is what I know....either Kavanaugh attempted rape or Ford is a dirty rotten liar. One of these must be true.

Jesus
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Teflon Don
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Stopped taking the post seriously after "haven't seen any Trump accusers of abuse." Not wasting my time on disingenuous arguments and whataboutism. Multiple articles already posted by me address the other issues, including my assessment of information. Not going to do your homework for you if you're misinformed.

List of Trump's accusers and their allegations of sexual misconduct
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kavanaugh attempted rape or Ford is a dirty rotten liar. One of these must be true.

Isn't this worth looking into (for a lifetime position that is arguably more powerful than a 4-8 year presidential term), even if delays the vote for a week or two?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1085, 1086, 1087 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 1086 of 3670
Jump to: