THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Jared Yates Sexton Verified account @JYSexton

To forward their agenda, Republicans would accept a traitorous president who bragged on tape about sexually assaulting women, a Supreme Court justice accused of attempted rape, and a child predator as senator.

Never forget that. This is a party that deserves to go away.

But it's the Democratic Party that's despicable. ::rolleseyes::

Haven't seen any Trump accusers of abuse.

Clinton has plenty of accusers of abuse and rape. Hillary protected him and they let her run for President.

Who knows about Dr. Ford. What we do know is that she is a Democrat activist, that the her letter was designed to be used as a last resort, that here story cannot be investigated. The circumstances are very questionable to say the least.

Kavanaugh does have a lot of character witnesses that all claim he was a gentleman in his youth.

There is no way to evaluate the truth which just seems to convenient.

Here is what I know....either Kavanaugh attempted rape or Ford is a dirty rotten liar. One of these must be true.

Stopped taking the post seriously after "haven't seen any Trump accusers of abuse." Not wasting my time on disingenuous arguments and whataboutism. Multiple articles already posted by me address the other issues, including my assessment of information. Not going to do your homework for you if you're misinformed.

List of Trump's accusers and their allegations of sexual misconduct

Yes. The utterance of such nonsense immediately surrenders all credibility and a place in the discussion.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

And how did YOU assess and determine that there is zero evidence to back the claim? Did you conduct a professional investigation, talk to all available witnesses, and use your skills as a professional in this sort of work to arrive at that conclusion? Don't you think SOMEBODY qualified to do that should do it before people like you get to jump to the conclusion that there's no evidence?

I can only go by what has been presented as her story and it's lack of any detail. She apparantly doesn't want to testify even in a closed session. That doesn't really help her credibility either.
LarryCoon wrote:

As far as being raked over the coals, this is our once chance to vet someone before confirming them to a lifetime appointment in the highest court in the land. I WANT someone to be raked over the coals before doing that, and I don't care who it is.

When I said "raked over the coals" I meant that he is already being labeled a sexual predator not that he shouldn't be vetted, which has already been done in his mandatory backround check. The FBI can investigate further but like I said before what is there to investigate when you can't provide any details? That's like asking the police to investigate your stolen car but you can't tell them what type of car it is, where it was stolen, and when it was stolen.

The fallacy of personal incredulity. You not understanding how professional investigators do their job does not equate to looking at a situation and concluding a professional investigator could do nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Trump>>>Democrats

Donald Trump suggested building a wall across the SAHARA DESERT to solve Europe’s migrant crisis, Spanish minster claims

Quote:
Such a wall would probably span about 3,200 miles and, based on the costs of the proposed wall in Mexico, cost around £85billion, involve 90,000 plus workers and take three-and-a-half years to build.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

This story is weird. Didn't Ford say she never told anyone until 2012? Whats with her classmate coming out on twitter saying she one of the people who signed the letter and that everyone was talking about it at school for days after? Then she deletes the tweet. And Ford doesn't want to testify even privately?

Edit: christina king miranda is the classmate
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Trump "consoling" Hurricane victim (from the pool report):

Quote:
Emily Cochrane Verified account @ESCochrane

what a pool report from @MarkLandler

But Trump>>>>Democrats
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

Quote:
Haven't seen any Trump accusers of abuse

You're kidding right?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

More horrible, heartbreaking news:

NYT: U.S. Loses Track of Another 1,500 Migrant Children, Investigators Find

Quote:
The Trump administration is unable to account for the whereabouts of nearly 1,500 migrant children who illegally entered the United States alone this year and were placed with sponsors after leaving federal shelters, according to congressional findings released on Tuesday.

The revelation echoes an admission in April by the Department of Health and Human Services that the government had similarly lost track of an additional 1,475 migrant children it had moved out of shelters last year.

In findings that lawmakers described as troubling, Senate investigators said the department could not determine with certainty the whereabouts of 1,488 out of 11,254 children the agency had placed with sponsors in 2018, based on follow-up calls from April 1 to June 30.

Trump has separated over 11,000 children from their parents and has lost track of almost 1,500.

Kidnapping and child abuse in the name of the U.S. government.

No, Trump is not >>>>> Democrats.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

Here is what I know....either Kavanaugh attempted rape or Ford is a dirty rotten liar. One of these must be true.

Or, another way to say it, but from a different perspective: Either Kavanaugh attempted a dirty rotten, low life, scumbag, savage, humiliating, demeaning, unforgiving, despicable, life altering act of rape or Ford is a liar.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

More from Trump's hurricane road trip:

Quote:
Maggie Haberman Verified account @maggieNYT

A local reporter experiencing the president up close for the first time —->

Quote:
Brett Kelman Verified account @BrettKelman

Trump’s storm “briefing” in N.C. was surreal. First, nobody briefed him; politicians mostly just thanked him. Second, he praised local officials for their “talent.” Third, he said we have the strongest economy ever. Fourth, he asked about Lake Norman, where his golf course is.

Trump>>>>Democrats
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

The fallacy of personal incredulity. You not understanding how professional investigators do their job does not equate to looking at a situation and concluding a professional investigator could do nothing.

I don't have to be a professional investigator to use common sense. If you don't provide any information other than an accusation then what is there to investigate? If she provides something tangible that can be actually checked into then sure by all means check it out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

I don't have to be a professional investigator to use common sense. If you don't provide any information other than an accusation then what is there to investigate? If she provides something tangible that can be actually checked into then sure by all means check it out.

Her accusation itself forms the basis for investigating. Classmates can be interviewed, and signatories (on both sides) can be interviewed as well. It's not rocket science.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Great music but just as interesting visuals as well. Ha ha, charade you are . . . any guesses who the "you" is?

From the brilliant Roger Waters:
(at about 9:40 quotes begin)
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Or, another way to say it, but from a different perspective: Either Kavanaugh attempted a dirty rotten, low life, scumbag, savage, humiliating, demeaning, unforgiving, despicable, life altering act of rape or Ford is a liar.

Except he didn't rape her so there's that. Also if she is lying then she's not only hurting herself but damaging the credibility of actual victims of assault or abuse.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ribeye wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Except he didn't rape her so there's that. Also if she is lying then she's not only hurting herself but damaging the credibility of actual victims of assault or abuse.

Did you investigate this conclusion?
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Quote:

You're kidding right?

Trump was a playboy and had many relationships everybody knew that prior to him running. Where are the sexual abuse accusers? Certainly he didn't rape anyone like Bill Clinton did. His wife has not disparaged any women that Trump had a relationship with. I have seen any proof of him have relationship that were not consensual. Yes he paid hush money but only to cover up the relationship. Clinton paid off Paul Jones for abuse cover up.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ribeye wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Is "either/or", that difficult a concept?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

That's actually what the investigation is for, to determine what tangible evidence there is. If I call the police and I tell them you, by name and description, a person known to me, attempted to rape me, they don't make me bring them tangible evidence before they send a cop to investigate.
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Thief wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

Her accusation itself forms the basis for investigating. Classmates can be interviewed, and signatories (on both sides) can be interviewed as well. It's not rocket science.

"It's totally inappropriate for someone to demand we use law enforcement resources to investigate a 35 year old allegation when she won't go under oath and can't remember key details including where or where it happened."
Federal Law Enforcement Official Statement to Fox News

Seems like they don't agree either.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
ribeye wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

So trying is okay with you?
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The Thief wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

That's actually what the investigation is for, to determine what tangible evidence there is. If I call the police and I tell them you, by name and description, a person known to me, attempted to rape me, they don't make me bring them tangible evidence before they send a cop to investigate.

They are going to come to you first to get all the facts. What do you think they are going to say if you can't provide them any information? That's essentially what's going on here.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
The Thief wrote:
ribeye wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

So trying is okay with you?

I was wondering if trying and failing to rob a bank would be no big deal.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:

Quote:

You're kidding right?

Trump was a playboy and had many relationships everybody knew that prior to him running. Where are the sexual abuse accusers? Certainly he didn't rape anyone like Bill Clinton did. His wife has not disparaged any women that Trump had a relationship with. I have seen any proof of him have relationship that were not consensual. Yes he paid hush money but only to cover up the relationship. Clinton paid off Paul Jones for abuse cover up.

List of Trump's accusers and their allegations of sexual misconduct

Quote:
At least 16 women have accused Donald Trump of varying inappropriate behavior, including allegations of sexual harassment or sexual assault, all coming forward with their accusations before or during his bid for the White House.

Quote:
Jessica Leeds alleged last year that Trump groped her on an airplane in the late-1970s,

Quote:
Kristin Anderson told The Washington Post that Trump put his hand up her skirt to her underwear in the early 1990s.

After the story’s publication, ABC News spoke to a friend of Anderson, Brad Trent, who said he heard the account from Anderson the same year of the alleged incident. Trent told ABC News that Anderson had told him she was sitting next to Trump at the old China Club bar in New York where he slid his hand up her thigh and “grabbed her p----.”

Quote:
Jill Harth said she had dinner with Trump and her then-boyfriend, George Houraney, in 1992 when Trump allegedly tried to put his hands between her legs. She alleged he also tried to kiss her during a tour of his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida a month later when she and Houraney were there to celebrate solidifying a business contract.

Quote:
Cathy Heller first spoke to The Guardian newspaper about an alleged incident she said happened at a Mother’s Day brunch at Mar-a-Lago. She repeated her claims to ABC News and said she believes it happened in 1997.

She put her hand out to say hello to Trump and he grabbed her unexpectedly and started to kiss her on the lips, Heller told ABC News. She said she pulled away and he said, “Oh, come on.” She said no but he grabbed her again and got near her lips, Heller told ABC News. She said this happened in front of her family.

Quote:
Temple Taggart was the 21-year-old Miss Utah when she participated in the Miss USA contest in 1997. She said Trump, who owned the pageant at the time, kissed her "directly on the lips.”

Quote:
Karena Virginia, a New York-area yoga instructor, said Trump approached her in 1998 outside the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York while she was awaiting a car service, made unseemly comments about her appearance, grabbed her arm and groped her breast.

"He then walked up to me and reached his right arm and grabbed my right arm," she said at a news conference in October 2016. “Then his hand touched the right inside of my breast."

Virginia, who was 27 at the time of the alleged incident, said she flinched, and Trump said, "Don't you know who I am?"

Quote:
Bridget Sullivan, who was crowned Miss New Hampshire 2000, spoke publicly during the presidential campaign about how Trump came into the Miss Universe changing room while the contestants were naked.

“The time that he walked through the dressing rooms was really shocking. We were all naked,” she told Buzzfeed in May 2016.

Quote:
Former Miss Arizona Tasha Dixon says Trump walked into a dress rehearsal for a pageant in 2001 while the contestants were “half-naked’ and the women were told to “fawn all over him,” according to an interview Dixon gave to CBS Los Angeles station KCAL-TV in October of 2016.

Dixon, who says she was 18 at the time, said Trump came "strolling right in" during a dress rehearsal for the Miss USA pageant in 2001. She said it was the contestants' introduction to Trump and that the women were naked or half-naked, in a "very physically vulnerable position."

Quote:
Mindy McGillivray told The Palm Beach Post in October 2016 that Trump grabbed her rear end while she was working as a photographer's assistant at a 2003 event at Mar-a-Lago.

The photographer, Ken Davidoff, told the paper he vividly remembers McGillivray immediately pulling him aside to say that, “Donald just grabbed my a--.”

Quote:
Rachel Crooks, a secretary who worked in Trump’s building, told The New York Times that when she first met Trump in 2005, he shook her hand, then kissed her on the cheeks and then on the lips, while outside an elevator at Trump Tower in New York City. Crooks says she immediately told her sister in Ohio about the encounter with Trump.

Quote:
Natasha Stoynoff, a writer for People magazine, said Trump inappropriately touched her in 2005 when she was at Mar-a-Lago for an interview timed to coincide with the first anniversary of his marriage to Melania Trump.

Stoynoff wrote a first-person account of the alleged incident that was published in People in October 2016, saying he forced her against a wall and tried to kiss her during a break in the interview. The alleged attempted assault, Stoynoff wrote, was interrupted when Trump’s then-butler burst into the room.

Quote:
Jennifer Murphy, a contestant on the fourth season of “The Apprentice,” the reality-TV show that Trump used to host, told British magazine Grazia that Trump kissed her on the lips after a job interview in 2005. After she was fired from the reality-TV show, Murphy said, Trump followed up with her and said he wanted to offer her a job but could only do so after the finale had ended. Murphy told Grazia the alleged kissing incident took place during one of those post-show interviews.

"He walked me to the elevator, and I said goodbye. I was thinking, 'Oh, he’s going to hug me,’ but when he pulled my face in and gave me a smooch. I was like, ‘Oh kay.’ I didn’t know how to act. I was just a little taken aback and probably turned red. And I then I get into the elevator and thought, "Huh, Donald Trump just kissed me on the lips,"' she told the magazine.

Quote:
Adult film star Jessica Drake said Trump kissed her and two other women without their consent 10 years ago.

"When we entered the room, he grabbed each of us tightly in a hug and kissed each one of us without asking permission," Drake said.

Quote:
In 2006, Ninni Laaksonen competed in Miss Universe as Miss Finland. She told Finnish newspaper Ilta-Sanomat that Trump squeezed her rear end after posing for a photo before an appearance on “The David Letterman Show.”

"Trump stood right next to me and suddenly he squeezed my butt. He really grabbed my butt," she told Ilta-Sanomat, according to a translation obtained by The Guardian.

Quote:
During the presidential campaign, Zervos, who was a competitor on the fifth season of "The Apprentice," came forward to allege that Trump abused his role as a potential employer, kissing her twice during a meeting at Trump Tower in New York, and later groping and kissing her in a California hotel room. Zervos said she did not report the alleged incidents to the authorities at the time.

“He grabbed my shoulder and began kissing me again aggressively and placed his hand on my breast,” Zervos said at an October 2016 news conference.

Quote:
In June 2016, former Miss Washington Cassandra Searles shared a post on Facebook that is no longer available publicly.

The post had a picture of the group of Miss Universe contestants from 2013 with Trump in the center. In the caption of the photo, which was screen-grabbed by Yahoo, she wrote that "this one guy treated us like cattle" and "I forgot to mention that guy will be running to become the next President of United States."

"He probably doesn’t want me telling the story about that time he continually grabbed my ass and invited me to his hotel room," Searle wrote, according to Rolling Stone.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:

Quote:

How come it's not, dirty rotten Kavanaugh attempted to rape Ford or Ford a liar? You flaunt your bias. IMO that means you're wearing blinders.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
The Thief wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

They are going to come to you first to get all the facts. What do you think they are going to say if you can't provide them any information? That's essentially what's going on here.

No, that's the opposite of what's going on here. They are saying show up in court and make your case, we don't want to check it out first as we normally do.
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
The Thief wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
The Thief wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

No, that's the opposite of what's going on here. They are saying show up in court and make your case, we don't want to check it out first as we normally do.

Right and she's refusing to do that so now what?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1086, 1087, 1088 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1087 of 3673
Jump to: