THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1097, 1098, 1099 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Michael Avenatti says he is repping someone with information as well
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044006928416825344
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Al Franken was forced to resign over much less than this.

Just curious, do you still think Frankenstein should’ve resigned?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Yes. Even though I believe GOP operatives dug into his background to try to strategically bring him down, there were multiple women with similar credible stories.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
Michael Avenatti says he is repping someone with information as well
https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044006928416825344

He alluded to this earlier today. I assumed this was the same women in the New Yorker article, but it's a new accuser.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

If the White House and the Senate Republicans push Kavanaugh through anyway, they will lose Independent women, suburban GOP women and college-educated women for good.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
0 for 4. Ms. Ford has identified 4 potential corroborators of her claim or any part of her claim, and all 4 have denied recalling any such party or knowing anything about the claim against Kavanaugh. Smyth, Judge, and Kavanaugh have already responded to the Senate Committee under penalty of perjury, and last night former classmate and friend of Ford's, Leland Ingham Keyser responded through her attorney...

As more and more women come forward in regards to Kavanaugh.
I hope a wave of shame hits you. Not because of any vindictiveness.
Just so you pause to judgement, next time a victim comes forward to tell the most painful experience of their life.
It can't be taken likely. Of all the #MeToo stories that have come forward. I only know enough about Aziz's case, to confidently say he wasn't inappropriate.
Franken was inappropriate. And he stepped down for it.
FWIW, Trump was 10x the offender of Franken. And he's our President.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ani007 wrote:
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

Clearly another George Soros paid crisis actor.

The kicker at the end is that Mark Judge confided in a college ex-girlfriend that a Georgetown Prep gangbang may have been a gang rape.

Avenatti - I know, I know - seems to be intimating tonight that Kavanaugh was aware of, or may have even participated in gang rape(s) at high school parties where he and/or his friends would get girls blackout drunk on grain alcohol (151-190 proof) masked by fruit punch before "running a train" on them.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

For the people who think this is all a Democratic smear campaign and all the women are lying, you should be demanding an FBI investigation to clear Kavanaugh and punish the the plotters. If Kavanaugh were innocent, he'd be demanding that too.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
It's fascinating that Dr. Blasey Ford is a George Soros funded crisis actor being used as a pawn by Democrats to undermine Kavanaugh's confirmation, and yet they didn't think to use her willingness to making false allegations for money against another 1980s Georgetown Prep alum, Neil Gorsuch, who is the same age as Blasey Ford, and who was taking the seat that was stolen from Merrick Garland.

Terrible strategy by the dumdum Dem cabal.

Gorsuch replacing Scalia is apples and oranges to Kavanaugh replacing Kennedy....or at least that is my impression of how liberals view the two. Gorsuch had no chance of tilting the court to the right, Kavanaugh could tilt the court based on Kennedy's previous votes.

So according to this pattern we should expect the nominee to replace Thomas to not be accused of sexual misconduct, but the nominated replacement for Breyer will be (if still under a Republican president)?

Moreover, this whole conspiracy theory presupposes a malevolent, capable, and coordinated Democratic Party that has never existed in my lifetime. You'd think these evil geniuses would have found a way to rig an election by conspiring with a foreign nation so as not to lose the presidency to a narcissistic buffoon.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

and now it's on CNN:

I bet by the end of the week we'll have a 3rd one
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
For the people who think this is all a Democratic smear campaign and all the women are lying, you should be demanding an FBI investigation to clear Kavanaugh and punish the the plotters. If Kavanaugh were innocent, he'd be demanding that too.

Even if He is innocent, he realizes he doesn’t need to. The GOP and their base are breaking their own backs bending over backwards to try and diminish and dismiss the allegations against him. He need do nothing, whether he is guilty or innocent of the allegations. He’s got the herd mentality of the deplorables willing to stampede over any of his detractors or possible victims.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
If the White House and the Senate Republicans push Kavanaugh through anyway, they will lose Independent women, suburban GOP women and college-educated women for good.

you are correct except on the bold print above. They voted for trump. the man said as a fully grown man..."just grab em by the..."

your president said that. and they STILL voted for the guy. Still.

i have zero faith in those people. non.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

you are correct except on the bold print above. They voted for trump. the man said as a fully grown man..."just grab em by the..."

I hope CL is right. But I've lost faith in GOP women voters as well.
The Dems should just stand up on the right side of issues. And try to increase voter turnout among young people and minorities. And if the GOP women take our side too. That's just a bonus.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I hope CL is right. But I've lost faith in GOP women voters as well.
The Dems should just stand up on the right side of issues. And try to increase voter turnout among young people and minorities. And if the GOP women take our side too. That's just a bonus.

GOP women are just as bad as their male counterparts

Quote:
Tell me, what boy hasn’t done this in high school?

The "basket of deplorables" remark was actually spot on.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject:

Trump's true talent as president may be inadvertently exposing the human scum he attracts, forcing the media to finally shine a black light on all the systemic oppression and institutional corruption on which (some) members of the country's powerful and respectable elite thrive, from white shoe law firms to Yale Law School.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject:

Trump's true talent as president may be inadvertently exposing the human scum he attracts, forcing the media to finally shine a black light on all the systemic oppression and institutional corruption on which (some) members of the country's powerful and respectable elite thrive, from white shoe law firms to Yale Law School.

I don't know if he attracts them, more like he finds and chooses them. Looks like he and his cohorts have this "scum database" from which they choose people they will appoint. The more evil, creepy and corrupt the better.
I can't remember a president surrounding himself with more people with questionable characters than this one.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject:

I've been following this Kavanaugh thing from distance, as I live in Europe, which means I don't have the full context of the story.

What I don't get is: why are Republicans sticking so hard with Kavanaugh? There's already (bleep) enough to cut him loose and find out someone else with the same beliefs and a clean record. Is it just stubbornness (not conceding the other side is right) or is there more to this story?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
I've been following this Kavanaugh thing from distance, as I live in Europe, which means I don't have the full context of the story.

What I don't get is: why are Republicans sticking so hard with Kavanaugh? There's already (bleep) enough to cut him loose and find out someone else with the same beliefs and a clean record. Is it just stubbornness (not conceding the other side is right) or is there more to this story?

Trump specifically chose Kavanaugh because while being hard right, he also has strong views on Presidential powers - he believes Presidents don't have to testify, shouldn't be prosecuted, can pardon anyone even himself, etc. Trump wants someone who will protect him from the fallout of the Mueller Russia investigation. Right now whatever Trump says, the rest of the GOP falls in line.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject:

Something else to think about in retrospect: For the last 2 months, all the pro-Kavanaugh commercials on TV have featured women talking about what a wonderful caring person he is. Then when he testified, he brings the teen girls soccer team to sit behind him while he talks about the joy of coaching them.

It could be a complete coincidence, but is sure seems like there was a strategic effort to prebutt the accusations should they come to light.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The Thief wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
If this is a Democratic plot to "use" women for political purposes, then I'd rather be in the party that believes and protects women than in the party that elected a serial sex abuser and continues to attack women who come forward,

Maybe you should find another party as democrats are guilty of not only electing proven sex abusers but attacking women that have come forward with far more proof than what is being offered in this case. And it's good to know that your comfortable with an ends justify the means approach. I hope you never get called for jury duty on a sexual assault case as I don't think you could be impartial.

Thanks for telling me what you think I should believe, and how I should think, and act, and for your judgement of what you perceive to be my morality.

Also, it's not "your comfortable" it's "you're comfortable."

And by the way, this is the type of "helpful advice" that explains why there's a 20-point gender gap and growing against Republicans.

Keep up the great work of motivating turnout for November!

Can I also say that I hate that he has co-opted the nickname of the beloved Sedale Threatt. I can't mix thoughts of Sedale with thoughts of Trump. It's too confusing to my emotions. 42 at MSG, 92 shot over Doc Rivers, never forget.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Something else to think about in retrospect: For the last 2 months, all the pro-Kavanaugh commercials on TV have featured women talking about what a wonderful caring person he is. Then when he testified, he brings the teen girls soccer team to sit behind him while he talks about the joy of coaching them.

It could be a complete coincidence, but is sure seems like there was a strategic effort to prebutt the accusations should they come to light.

Without a doubt the girls were a stunt to show what a good guy he is. He's for the kids, for the girls. Maybe they thought their presence would lead to warm fuzzies and softball questions. The idiot who asked him about his Sharpie, for example.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

Rosenstein about to get his walking papers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

yeah, because images of him imitating the groping of a sleeping female soldier's breast is far less than the "evidence" that we have on Kavanaugh.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

yeah, because images of him imitating the groping of a sleeping female soldier's breast is far less than the "evidence" that we have on Kavanaugh.

Do you think Trump should resign?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

because there is zero evidence any of these claims are true. Actually, there is far more anecdotal evidence that they are not true. These Democrats that claiming these accusations should stand in the way of his confirmation were already on the record of not supporting him long before the accusations or even his hearing. Until there is a shred of evidence to suggest otherwise, this simply a case of Democrats weaponizing the #metoo movement to try to delay confirmation beyond the mid-terms and using it as a get out the vote effort. Trump could nominate Jesus Christ this week, and they would find someone to accuse him of being a racist or sexist. The Republicans need to go to the mattresses on this nomination until some legitimate evidence is produced.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1097, 1098, 1099 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1098 of 3663
Jump to: