THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1173, 1174, 1175 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
So, just what are the odds that Trump will honor his bet?

Elizabeth Warren releases DNA test with 'strong evidence' of Native American ancestry

There have been discussions herein this thread and a surprising number of participants (even one of our very intelligent lawyer friends) were fairly certain to absolutely certain Warren was lying.

That bolded title is definitely worded differently than the articles I saw this morning. Here is the issue, and this goes back to the Kavanaugh hearing about the lie detector test. If you are attempting to prove something, it is not really an option for you to select who will analyze and determine the results. I am not even suggesting the professor she chose is not being 100% honest, but she chose a specific private lab and specific expert to provide analysis of her DNA. That basically means nothing to those that doubt her, and will serve as a weak talking point for those that believe her.

Still, the results given by her selected expert do not meet the threshold of any nationally recognized tribe. The report claims at best she is 1/32 (3%) Native American and at worse 1/512 (0.02%). The most lenient tribes require 1/16 (6%), while many require 1/4 (25%) to be recognized as Native American. It is likely optimistic, but lets assume she is right in the middle of this professors projection at 7.5 generations....that would result in a 1/96 (around 1%) Native American.

I do not expect 1% to quiet her critics of claiming Native American/minority status, and she would have likely been better served to not release the report she had prepared.

Last edited by adkindo on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

the idiot's mental growth stopped at 12....I wonder what happened?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Entitled (bleep)?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Elizabeth Warren releases DNA test with 'strong evidence' of Native American ancestry

There have been discussions herein this thread and a surprising number of participants (even one of our very intelligent lawyer friends) were fairly certain to absolutely certain Warren was lying.

That bolded title is definitely worded differently than the articles I saw this morning. Here is the issue, and this goes back to the Kavanaugh hearing about the lie detector test. If you are attempting to prove something, it is not really an option for you to select who will analyze and determine the results. I am not even suggesting the professor she chose is not being 100% honest, but she chose a specific private lab and specific expert to provide analysis of her DNA. That basically means nothing to those that doubt her, and will serve as a weak talking point for those that believe her.

Still, the results given by her selected expert do not meet the threshold of any nationally recognized tribe. The report claims at best she is 1/32 (3%) Native American and at worse 1/512 (0.02%). The most lenient tribes require 1/16 (6%), while many require 1/4 (25%) to be recognized as Native American. It is likely optimistic, but lets assume she is right in the middle of this professors projection at 7.5 generations....that would result in a 1/96 (around 1%) Native American.

I do not expect 1% to quiet her critics of claiming Native American/minority status, and she would have likely been better served to not release the report she had prepared.

Trump supporters think scientists are partisan or they don't believe in science all together. She did this to show how his words don't mean anything.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Entitled (bleep)?

Daddy made him a millionaire at 8 so he was already an EA...what stopped his emotional growth at around 12?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

You guys lift with your knees when you move those goalposts, right? Otherwise you're going to throw out your back.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

This was CNN's headline. Since this was so ubiquitous, I did not think a link was necessary--though I admit that I did not see what the Wingnut Gazette said. I really did not think the wording was that important.

You are right that this won't quiet her critics, as nothing will. If lying mattered to them, they could not support Trump or many Republicans. Trump can lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie. But his lies mean nothing. Nothing.

This is assuming Warren is lying. She is not. Warren made a claim--that she was told by her grandparents of her heritage--that can't be truly substantiated one way or the other. But this test shows what she was told was correct.

Nothing will satisfy the belief/faith oriented. No amount of science or facts or data will change the mind of these typically narrow-minded parochial Republicans. It doesn't matter. All that matters is what their team says. Tribe over country.

But this should, and will likely, matter to the independents, if it mattered at all to them.

This is, and always has been, such a non-story.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/politics/elizabeth-warren-dna-test-native-american/index.html
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Trump supporters think scientists are partisan or they don't believe in science all together. She did this to show how his words don't mean anything.

Finally! We have some evidence!
The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

You guys lift with your knees when you move those goalposts, right? Otherwise you're going to throw out your back.

Haha. She never even made it to the field to see the goal posts. That would be like me saying I'm black because of the 1% 23 and me reported on my test.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Haha. She never even made it to the field to see the goal posts. That would be like me saying I'm black because of the 1% 23 and me reported on my test.

As for you first sentence, she most definitely made it to the field as the only time she has run, she became a US Senator. As for the second sentence, I think I'm going to need an interpreter: I only understand English.

Last edited by ribeye on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Damn 3% at best? I guess that makes me native american too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

ribeye wrote:

It is not one that I care much about as long as she has not used the claim for personal advancement. I have not followed the story closely in recent years, but I think I recall Harvard claiming it did not effect her position/promotion.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

It is not one that I care much about as long as she has not used the claim for personal advancement. I have not followed the story closely in recent years, but I think I recall Harvard claiming it did not effect her position/promotion.

As with every job or career advancement. She has not gained in her career from her heritage at the University of Texas or the University of Pennsylvania or at Harvard.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/politics/donald-trump-elizabeth-warren-dna-1-million/index.html (watch the video)

(But, as I think about your comment that you don't care much about this, I wonder why you had such an extensive comment, parsing the percentages and whatnot.)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

I’m just gonna post this to combat the BS on this page.

Quote:
He concluded that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European, but he added that “the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”

Bustamante calculated that Warren’s pure Native American ancestor appears in her family tree “in the range of 6-10 generations ago.” That timing fits Warren’s family lore, passed down during her Oklahoma upbringing, that her great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, was at least partially Native American.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/10/15/warren-addresses-native-american-issue/YEUaGzsefB0gPBe2AbmSVO/amp.html

Conservatives work so hard to prove Trump isn’t a lying unhinged psychopath. It’s sad
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

Sadly, people only care because Trump is a racist

Why do Republicans support him.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Did you even read the article or are you going to keep taking pot shots and running because you don't want to be called out on your (bleep) again.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Also, I am still wondering what Putin will receive from Trump

Notice we just some odd coincidences with NASA and spacecraft needing help.

I think Hacking assistance is one reward
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Did you even read the article or are you going to keep taking pot shots and running because you don't want to be called out on your (bleep) again.

Trump is helping our generation become better bullies
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Can one actually throw one's back out when one doesn't have a spine?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Trump is helping our generation become better bullies

His voters have embraced Trump’s trademark. Cocky ignorance.
Which is sad. There are people in 3rd world countries who fixed their own roads when they finally got limited access to internet (to figure out how).
Meanwhile Trump voters have access to high speed internet. And can’t bother researching before talking out their bums.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:

The fact that you took the time to write paragraphs about it demonstrates otherwise.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

The Thief
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Quote:
He concluded that “the vast majority” of Warren’s ancestry is European, but he added that “the results strongly support the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor.”

Bustamante calculated that Warren’s pure Native American ancestor appears in her family tree “in the range of 6-10 generations ago.” That timing fits Warren’s family lore, passed down during her Oklahoma upbringing, that her great-great-great-grandmother, O.C. Sarah Smith, was at least partially Native American.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2018/10/15/warren-addresses-native-american-issue/YEUaGzsefB0gPBe2AbmSVO/amp.html

Conservatives work so hard to prove Trump isn’t a lying unhinged psychopath. It’s sad

https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Why-are-my-AncestryDNA-ethnicity-results-different-than-I-expected-1460090082990

You received exactly 50% of your genes from each of your parents, but the percentages of DNA you received from ancestors at the grandparent level and further back are not necessarily neatly divided in two with each generation. At seven generations back, less than 1% of your DNA is likely to come from any given ancestor.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Im reading articles that are saying she has less than 1% NA genes. If thats true I just hope she doesnt keep saying shes NA.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

The Thief wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

https://support.ancestry.com/s/article/Why-are-my-AncestryDNA-ethnicity-results-different-than-I-expected-1460090082990

You received exactly 50% of your genes from each of your parents, but the percentages of DNA you received from ancestors at the grandparent level and further back are not necessarily neatly divided in two with each generation. At seven generations back, less than 1% of your DNA is likely to come from any given ancestor.

You’re talking out of your bum. When did Warren claim to have a high % of Native American blood? Show me a quote.

She said her great-great-great grandma was part Native American.
Trump being the masculine man he is, ridiculed her. You’re confusing our ass-hat President’s narrative with truth

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

They have to. That task is impossible.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1173, 1174, 1175 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1174 of 3673
Jump to: