THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1254, 1255, 1256 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Conker wrote:

Why you guys are so keen'd up on the Democratic Party? When both parties are the same.

You ask this dumb f'ing question as if you intend to entertain an honest answer, as if you're not going to simply troll anyone who might pity a hopelessly unrehabilitatable ex-con enough to explain why the "both parties are the same" platitude is wrong for the billionth time.

The democratic party wants people like you to be able to vote in elections even after they were dumb enough to get caught and convicted for stealing hubcaps 6 times. Now, freedoms like that might not mean much to a guy who still wears tattoos he never wanted and wears ankle jewelry that runs on batteries he could never afford, but to us law-abiding, decent folk, it's something.

What is all this about?

florida amendment 4

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/15/felons-voting-rights/1945824002/

Sadly, I'm not a convicted felon...
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Conker wrote:

Why you guys are so keen'd up on the Democratic Party? When both parties are the same.

You ask this dumb f'ing question as if you intend to entertain an honest answer, as if you're not going to simply troll anyone who might pity a hopelessly unrehabilitatable ex-con enough to explain why the "both parties are the same" platitude is wrong for the billionth time.

The democratic party wants people like you to be able to vote in elections even after they were dumb enough to get caught and convicted for stealing hubcaps 6 times. Now, freedoms like that might not mean much to a guy who still wears tattoos he never wanted and wears ankle jewelry that runs on batteries he could never afford, but to us law-abiding, decent folk, it's something.

What is all this about?

florida amendment 4

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/15/felons-voting-rights/1945824002/

But were you dumb enough to get caught stealing hubcaps? r/trashy
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Conker wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Conker wrote:

What is all this about?

florida amendment 4

But were you dumb enough to get caught stealing hubcaps? r/trashy

Don't know really what he's referring to, to be honest.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

The Republican philosophy is you are on your own. The Dems is we are in this together. I prefer the latter.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

Conker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:

Quote:
The GOP have nobody to lead before or after Trump.

Do you consider Trump a leader? He's alienated most of our long time allies Befriended our long time foes. This person wants to be king.

Same ol' Jodeke. Always begging the question.

Remember 2015, when all those GOP dudes announced running for president prior to Trump announcement. We all knew Hillary was going to win the Democratic nominee and be running in the 2016 election waaaaay before. With all those GOPs, there was no chance of any of them winning against Hillary. Until Jeb Bush came along and became the front-runner and led the Republican polls but not that much with the likes of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. Still, Jeb would have lost to Hillary in 2016. Then, the next day, Trump announced he was going to run for president and he pretty much buried Jeb Bush. It just shows you that that the GOP have no good future prospects then and now like the Democrats do.

A question you didn't answer. Side Step

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

For the people who think the Democratic Resistance to Republican attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act didn't make a difference -- this is a picture of congressional representatives celebrating the House repeal of the ACA in the Rose Garden with Trump. Everyone with a red X is now gone from Congress. Make of that what you will.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:

Quote:

Do you consider Trump a leader? He's alienated most of our long time allies Befriended our long time foes. This person wants to be king.

Remember 2015, when all those GOP dudes announced running for president prior to Trump announcement. We all knew Hillary was going to win the Democratic nominee and be running in the 2016 election waaaaay before. With all those GOPs, there was no chance of any of them winning against Hillary. Until Jeb Bush came along and became the front-runner and led the Republican polls but not that much with the likes of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. Still, Jeb would have lost to Hillary in 2016. Then, the next day, Trump announced he was going to run for president and he pretty much buried Jeb Bush. It just shows you that that the GOP have no good future prospects then and now like the Democrats do.

A small hint: if you’re going to post a small video or gif that humorously makes your point (a good thing) don’t label the link so as to undercut the impact of the link itself. It’s like Rick rolling someone and putting “rickroll” in the link.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:

Quote:

A small hint: if you’re going to post a small video or gif that humorously makes your point (a good thing) don’t label the link so as to undercut the impact of the link itself. It’s like Rick rolling someone and putting “rickroll” in the link.

That's probably my fault. In a different context I asked him to label his links rather than post blind links. I forgot to tell him about the exception for mocking someone who clearly deserves it, rickroll style.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:

Quote:

That's probably my fault. In a different context I asked him to label his links rather than post blind links. I forgot to tell him about the exception for mocking someone who clearly deserves it, rickroll style.

I believe the message was received. Lets see if the recipient responds or do another side step.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Gillum concedes FL Governor race to Ron DeSantis.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Conker wrote:

Quote:

Exactly why I don't click any of those.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Moron-In-Chief after touring California fire areas:

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Trump is asked if the seeing the devastation from the California wildfires has changed his opinion on climate change.

Trump: "No. No. I have a strong opinion: I want great climate."

It's like having a cross between Archie Bunker & Homer Simpson, except dumber and less articulate.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Trump is asked if the seeing the devastation from the California wildfires has changed his opinion on climate change.

It's like having a cross between Archie Bunker & Homer Simpson, except dumber and less articulate.

This is so stupid that I lean more to lol than smh or outrage on this one. What an incredible blockhead.
Me like great climate. Me no lie. Me hate fake news about me not be great.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump: "You gotta take care of the floors. You know the floors of the forest, very important... I was with the President of Finland... he called it a forest nation and they spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things and they don't have any problem."
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

And me like fire. Me no say fire good! Fire bad. Me best at kill fire. Demcats like fire and imgant invaders.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I don't know how Jerry Brown and Gavin Newsom managed to stand next him without wanting to clock him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Brown made his feelings known.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Good, it means all the votes were counted. You never know if a single vote can make the difference. Check out Kentucky state house district 13
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Good, it means all the votes were counted. You never know if a single vote can make the difference. Check out Kentucky state house district 13

What's frustrating is Georgia allowed their systems to be hacked in 2016...Didn't fix anything and would probably accept another hacking if it helped Trump.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Your appearances and disappearances here are pretty sad.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
And me like fire. Me no say fire good! Fire bad. Me best at kill fire. Demcats like fire and imgant invaders.

the mouthbreather in chief
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

This is so stupid that I lean more to lol than smh or outrage on this one. What an incredible blockhead.
Me like great climate. Me no lie. Me hate fake news about me not be great.

There are guys who think they are the smartest guy in a roomfool of idiots. Sometimes they're really the smartest, like Trump in one of his rallies. But everything outside of that? I don't think there's any conversation during his presidency where he's the smartest. But he talks to reporters like they're his hick followers.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yep. Pathetic hit and run cowardice. Just like you'd expect from a Republican.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

An actual tweet about Adam Schiff:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

So funny to see little Adam Schitt (D-CA) talking about the fact that Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker was not approved by the Senate, but not mentioning the fact that Bob Mueller (who is highly conflicted) was not approved by the Senate!

Link in case he tries to delete it: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1064216956679716864

You know it's not a typo, either.

If your 8-year old did this in class to another kid, he'd be admonished and sent home.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yep. Pathetic hit and run cowardice. Just like you'd expect from a Republican.

He's just following his party leader's example.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1254, 1255, 1256 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1255 of 3673
Jump to: