THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1258, 1259, 1260 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Also the research is out there and its almost a unanimous consensus among climate scientist and also scientists from other fields..

That's not even the problem. Forget the whole climate change stuff. DodgersFanWhateverHisNewName is takes the asinine position that despite the numbers, the fire devastation hasn't grown exponentially in the last several years. That's like trying to pretend that LeBron didn't pass Wilt on the All-Time scoring list. It doesn't matter how much you pretend otherwise and attack the person stating the fact, you are flat out wrong.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

DodgersLakeFan1977 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Every lib loves to say this is “fact” without providing any supporting data. It’s not fact just because CNN says it is.

Sorry man, despite your Repugnicant cliches, statistical data is fact. And statistical data demonstrates that the frequency, ferocity and scale of fires has dramatically increased in a short amount of time while all other factors have remained the same while the ability to prevent and combat fires has become improved. That's not CNN talking. That's Mother Nature.

Quote:
I love that I’m “trolling” when I’m engaging and providing a differing opinion. But then again, the Left doesn’t exactly approve of anyone who has the audacity to have an opinion or position different from theirs. So I’m not all that shocked.

Look dude, your intent is blatantly transparent. You create a new account and your very first post was to step into the politics thread and stir (bleep) up. And if you were simply offering up a "differing opinion" you'd engage in a logical and reasonable discussion, not just regurgitate Repugnicant cliches and straw man arguments.

Look dude, my intent was to engage in discussion. But instead of having discussion, you people editorialize and claim it as “fact” just to support your weak initial argument. I love how a differing opinion is “stirring things up” as if this thread is just supposed to be a echo chamber so you libs can jack each other off with your perceived moral and intellectual superiority. I have said nothing disparaging or inflammatory. I’m challenging your weak positions and in true lib fashion, can’t handle it.

In the same paragraph you insult someone in a very juvenile fashion and then claim not to have done so.

Also the research is out there and its almost a unanimous consensus among climate scientist and also scientists from other fields.

You're a clown and enjoy your vacation.

Then it would be very easy to provide this data. Yet, no one is able to support their position with any fact.

“YOuRe A cLoWN”

So it’s ok to personally insult me and then criticize me for making a general insult of the Liberal left. Got it. Does the Liberal hypocrisy know no bounds?

You obviously don't understand what the word means, because no one has engaged in more hypocrisy than yourself, as a quick read of your contributions demonstrates.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, uh, no.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Any Ram fans in here? KC 51 Rams 54. One hellofa game.....

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Where is the flex in generating a new cloak and dagger account just to troll (((THE LIBS))) and (((THE LEFT))) with bad faith arguments and misinformation? Why not just ask for your old account back and do it under that one, like usual?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

In case that troll ever comes back.

Here are some good places to start.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
https://www.scirp.org/journal/ajcc/
https://www.nature.com/nclimate/

That's just a few of the thousands of sources for data and information you can find on climate change.

But I've almost resigned to the fact that he probably never wanted to engage in honest discussion and just wanted to "own" liberals.

Is clown really an insult when it 100% describes the words and actions of said person?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Where is the flex in generating a new cloak and dagger account just to troll (((THE LIBS))) and (((THE LEFT))) with bad faith arguments and misinformation? Why not just ask for your old account back and do it under that one, like usual?

Good point. If people like WhateverFan had any integrity, they'd say, "Hey, it's (INSERT SUSPENDED/BANNED ID HERE), I'd just like to make a point even though I lost my previous privileges to do so. I believe in the integrity of what I had to say before that I am making myself known again." But they don't. They just play the fool and pretend no one notices their transparent attempt to rerun to the fray and the cowardly fashion in which they do so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Is clown really an insult when it 100% describes the words and actions of said person?

Only in the sense that it is an insult to true clowns - people who have studied and refined an art with an intent to provide actual entertainment and humor.

It's the difference between people laughing with you versus at you. Trump doesn't know the difference. So it makes sense that his followers don't either.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Will C-Span carry the Ivnka email hearings?

https://www.c-span.org/networks/

can't believe republicans are spending all their political cache for this president

How many of those emails were classified?

Hey...we'll all find out during the hearings tune in
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Let me fill everybody in...trump will ignore the CIA findings on his buddy tomorrow.
Wonder how the lemmings will explain it.

How long before he claims MBS is a cooperating witness and he has granted him immunity

...self censored
sending that one to Kiimmel/Seth/Colbert no charge
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Then it would be very easy to provide this data. Yet, no one is able to support their position with any fact.

It's almost 2019. If a person isn't aware of climate change data. It is because that person is purposely avoiding it.

But I'll play along. I googled "climate change data". This was the top result:
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Check it out. And if you think NASA is a shadow liberal institution involved in a George Soros sponsored conspiracy. I have nothing for you. That's where I get off the crazy train.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Will C-Span carry the Ivnka email hearings?

https://www.c-span.org/networks/

can't believe republicans are spending all their political cache for this president

How many of those emails were classified?

I would say, probably none, officially. Not because she is careful, but because there is so little oversight to so designate them. I'd also say I suspect there is as much damaging information to this country on hers as were on Hillary's. Difference? Republicans just love false indignation when it comes to Democrats--lying about a BJ is earth shattering, but lying about EVERYTHING is no biggie. They basically have no policy except to enrichen their donors, who in turn give contributions to help Republicans with their elections, who enrichen their donors . . .
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

I can get behind this strategy
Now find all the abhorrent (bleep) all
The other republicans Wal-Mart donates too and
Remove their contributions too

Quote:

Walmart asked Republican Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith of Mississippi on Tuesday to return its campaign donation after "Will and Grace" actress Debra Messing and others criticized the retail giant for supporting the lawmaker after she made controversial comments about attending a hypothetical "public hanging."

Walmart, in a tweeted reply to Messing, said it "completely" understood her concern about its donation to Hyde-Smith

"Sen. Hyde-Smith's recent comments clearly do not reflect the values of our company and associates. As a result, we are withdrawing our support and requesting a refund of all campaign donations," Walmart said in the tweet.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/11/20/walmart-asks-hyde-smith-for-donation-back-because-of-hanging-outrage.html
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

No links from DodgerLakeFan dude on how he came up with his conclusions and where he learned things.

It sounds like the old argument about how Christianity must be true with holes everywhere while evolution is false even though there has not been a single thing so far that contradicts it except the bogus Fermi’s (incorrectly attributed) Paradox which isn’t a paradox at all.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: MARA

You guys realize Jerry Brown agrees with Trump right?

Gov. Jerry Brown is proposing broad new changes to California’s logging rules that would allow landowners to cut larger trees and build temporary roads without obtaining a permit as a way to thin more forests across the state.

But that doesn’t align with the media’s narrative, so they’ll just continue to cherry pick the stories and ignore things like that. Can’t have the general public fully informed, amiright??

Handy dandy google proved you wrong btw. The proposed regulations were done well before Minus opened his mouth on the subject. In addition, it’s narrowly scoped in comparison.

Sadly, more propaganda that you decided was true but looks through and through as actual fake news.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

It should be LG policy to have trolls revealed when they use burner accounts. expose them. give them the attention they're seeking. Expose all their accounts and sticky it like a mugshot at the liquor store.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It's almost 2019. If a person isn't aware of climate change data. It is because that person is purposely avoiding it.

Check it out. And if you think NASA is a shadow liberal institution involved in a George Soros sponsored conspiracy. I have nothing for you. That's where I get off the crazy train.

Well, I think he goalpost-shifted his argument. He didn't claim that climate change isn't real, his main argument was a strawman -- saying that we're saying it's ENTIRELY responsible for the fires.

In reality it's the same effect as with hurricanes. Can you point to any one hurricane and say that it would not be there if not for climate change? No, you can not. But you CAN show that there are more of them, so while you can't pinpoint individuals, you can rightly say that some of them are. And you CAN show that the intensity is greater on average, so they're worse than they would have been sans climate change.

Oh hell, now Trump's gonna claim we should be raking the oceans....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

BTW, the troll got his opportunity to drop in and be a troll. But if he comes back with bad faith, he's outta here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

Just a reminder that while Trump attacks generals, calls member of congress juvenile nicknames, labels the press the enemy of the people, retweets alt-right memes and has elevated a partisan political hack to the position of Attorney General in order to thwart an investigation into his own possible criminality, this is how Hillary Clinton uses her Twitter feed:

Quote:
Hillary Clinton [ at ] HillaryClinton
On this Transgender Day of Remembrance, we remember the names and the lives of those we’ve lost to violence this year: GLAAD calls for increased and accurate media coverage of transgender murders

Quote:
Hillary Clinton ( a t ) HillaryClinton
The wildfires in California aren't just one state's crisis. With 77 reported dead and 993 missing, they are a national crisis. To pitch in to a United Way fund for those affected by the wildfires in southern California, text UWVC to 41444.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton @HillaryClinton
A wonderful development of this election: Americans elected more than 600 LGBTQ candidates across the country. @victoryinst trained 60 of them. With just 0.1% of elected positions held by LGBTQ people, it has ambitions to build an even bigger #RainbowWave:

Quote:
Hillary Clinton [AT] HillaryClinton
.@AndrewGillum ran an extraordinary campaign for governor, full of hope and focused on the needs and dreams of Florida families. Andrew, I'm proud of you and I can't wait to see what you do next.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Well, I think he goalpost-shifted his argument. He didn't claim that climate change isn't real, his main argument was a strawman -- saying that we're saying it's ENTIRELY responsible for the fires.

In reality it's the same effect as with hurricanes. Can you point to any one hurricane and say that it would not be there if not for climate change? No, you can not. But you CAN show that there are more of them, so while you can't pinpoint individuals, you can rightly say that some of them are. And you CAN show that the intensity is greater on average, so they're worse than they would have been sans climate change.

And it's the intensity that is the problem.

Yes, fires are a normal occurrence in California. However, the stronger winds that increase their intensity and the ground they cover are the problem, just as it is with the hurricanes. That's climate change.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Well it wouldn't be a bad idea - [url=https://i.iheart.com/v3/re/new_assets/5ae078ed2c5486843b5369e6?ops=max(750,0),quality(80)]Pacific Garbage Patch[/url]

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
No links from DodgerLakeFan dude on how he came up with his conclusions and where he learned things.

It sounds like the old argument about how Christianity must be true with holes everywhere while evolution is false even though there has not been a single thing so far that contradicts it except the bogus Fermi’s (incorrectly attributed) Paradox which isn’t a paradox at all.

Christianity must true because something like 50-100 years after Christ died, a few men heard voices in their heads that they wrote down. (Note, God only spoke to men, men of the church only, men from a very small geographical area that excluded 99% of the planet and cultures, not women, and has been quiet ever since--though many still hear voices in their heads such as Jim Jones and David Koresh but these men, apparently, were not really talking to God.) Several hundred years later, more men, of the church naturally, got together, picked what they liked of these writings, while discarding what they did not, and the bibles came to be.

But, according to Dave Johnson, chair of the Columbiana County GOP, God does still speak--to to Cali, in the form of the horrendous fires that savaged our great state, as punishment for taxes and regulations.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ohio-gop-leader-california-fires-gods-punishment_us_5bf36356e4b0d9e7283c5f06
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

no surprise....UAE>CIA in trump's mind

who supports this guy?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Watching my portfolio nosedive is not alot of fun.
At least I rest well knowing the top 1% got to make out like bandits with Trump's tax breaks.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Whose presidency in the last 70 years had, or will have, the most negative impact?

Interesting read from Kos.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/11/18/1813758/-Whose-presidency-in-the-last-70-years-had-or-will-have-the-most-negative-impact
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1258, 1259, 1260 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 1259 of 3672
Jump to: