THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1289, 1290, 1291 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Trump likes to snort aderrall according to Tom Arnold and Noel Casler.
That explains some of his behavior.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Former Apprentice Staffer Claims Trump Was ‘Speed Freak,’ Invited Teen Beauty Queens to His Suite
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

explains all the sniffing and snorting noises he makes
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Former Apprentice Staffer Claims Trump Was ‘Speed Freak,’ Invited Teen Beauty Queens to His Suite

Trump's disgusting
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Can a sitting president be drug tested.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Is this a case of plausible deniability? It won't stray me but it most likely will his supporters.

Trump says he never told former lawyer Michael Cohen to break the law

LINK

Quote:
The President did not dispute directing Cohen to make payments to women who accused him of having an affair in order to keep them quiet, but said he did not direct Cohen to break the law while doing so.
"I never directed Michael Cohen to break the law. He was a lawyer and he is supposed to know the law," Trump tweeted.
"It is called 'advice of counsel,' and a lawyer has great liability if a mistake is made," he added.

1) There is already a Cohen tape of him contradicting this claim.
2) The newer story placing him in the room with Cohen and National Enquirer supersedes this story and blows his crap lie out of the water.
3) The prosecutors and judges have the goods so it doesn't matter what lies he tells on twitter.
4) After the fact, the Trump Organization created a fraudulent account to repay the money to Cohen in installments and label it "consulting fees." This is fraud, money laundering and tax evasion. That's on top of the illegal campaign donation.

But..But..But, He didn't know it was against the law. Michael should have told him it was illegal. It's Michael's fault, not his. Idiot 101

Everyone seems to be missing a very salient point to what happened last friday.

#1. A Federal Prosecutor filed a motion in which he stated that he had EVIDENCE that Individual One committed a felony.

#2. Michael Cohen admitted guilt to committing that felony.

#3. The federal prosecutor can't just rely on the word of Michael Cohen. They have to collect evidence corroborating what he has told them and the rules of evidence require that they can NOT tell a Judge that they have such evidence unless they actually do have such evidence.

#4. Any time you pay somebody to commit a felony on your behalf, legally, you have effectively also committed the same felony.

#5. That's why Trump is saying he didn't tell Cohen to make the payments on his behalf. But the prosecutors can't tell the judge they have corroborating evidence (which they have told the judge) unless they do indeed have corroborating evidence.

#6 The rules of evidence also REQUIRE that prosecutors MUST do something with that evidence once it becomes known to them. The fact that the included the fact that they have Evidence against Individual One means they have no choice but to act upon said evidence.

Trumps goose was officially cooked at the very moment on Friday that Federal Prosecutors made the filing. There is no way out. And the fact that Individual One wasn't charged at the same time is a GREAT indicator that more charges are coming and will be filed together. The only question is the "How" of the matter since they have to deal with the justice Dept memorandum on procedure in this regard.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: !

ChefLinda wrote:
Just remember that Jared was the one who told him it was a good idea to fire Comey -- which is what set off the Mueller investigation. Jared is also smack dab in the middle the the Saudi/Khashoggi murder/cover-up. But yes! Hire Jared! Great idea! What could go wrong?

Trump Considering Son-In-Law Jared Kushner For Next Chief Of Staff

Quote:
Having run through his first choices for his chief of staff vacancy without any luck, President Donald Trump is considering his own son-in-law for the job.

Jared Kushner, the husband of Trump’s daughter Ivanka and already an official White House adviser, met with Trump Wednesday about the job, a top Republican close to the White House told HuffPost. He and two others close to Trump or the White House who confirmed Kushner’s interest in the position did so on condition of anonymity to discuss the president’s staffing considerations freely.

Kushner has been pushing his own candidacy with Trump, citing his work on a criminal justice reform package and a claimed ability to work with Democrats, one person said. “I don’t know why he thinks that, when the Democrats are mainly going to be coming after Trump,” the source said.

I can't tell you how happy this would make me.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
^^^^^
Quote:
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York said it had reached a “non-prosecution agreement” with AMI, and that as part of it, “AMI admitted that it made the $150,000 payment in concert with a candidate’s presidential campaign, and in order to ensure that the woman did not publicize damaging allegations about the candidate before the 2016 presidential election. AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman’s story so as to prevent it from influencing the election.”

They are clearly doing a "Drip, Drip, Drip" of information to clearly show Trump just how boxed in he is, and each drip is seismically more firm than the prior in this regard. 1st the "Possibility" of campaign finance violations with the Cohen admission. Now a for certain campaign finance violation with the way this deal was sealed. The next logical drip is a "possible" obstruction of Justice charge, followed be a "for certain" obstruction of Justice charge - if things needed to get that far. They're giving Trump every opportunity to strike a deal and save a little face on his way out the door, or stand firm, keep acting like he's still teflon, and risk facing the loudly playing music.

As time has gone on, my desire to see Trump impeached has been overshadowed by my desire to see him incarcerated. 2018 has given me hope we will vote Trump out in 2020.
I don't want any pardons for him or his family. I want to see the assets seized and their asses in prison cells.
i'm not a fan of putting everyone in jail that does something that ticks me off or even breaks some slight laws here and there. But the reason Trump and his family, shady friends, some republicans that allowed it...all need to be jailed is because you're doing this as the president of the US of A. we can't have that and we have to set a precedent that shows anyone coming after, "if you try this BS again, you too will be in jail for a long time.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Trump probably could have come clean about his past affairs, since white Evangelical voters would probably have voted for him regardless.

He probably thought these voters had an actual moral compass and that he would have to hide his indiscretions, when in reality, they probably already believed he had these affairs, lied about them and paid them off, and still voted for him in the 80%+ range.
Yep, this is what i said. it surprised me that he did all that maneuvering when he surely didnt need too. these people were voting for a guy that said grab em by the ... that alone is over the top. and if that didnt stop women from voting for him and men with daughters/wives. well there you have it. anything goes.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Trump probably could have come clean about his past affairs, since white Evangelical voters would probably have voted for him regardless.

He probably thought these voters had an actual moral compass and that he would have to hide his indiscretions, when in reality, they probably already believed he had these affairs, lied about them and paid them off, and still voted for him in the 80%+ range.
Yep, this is what i said. it surprised me that he did all that maneuvering when he surely didnt need too. these people were voting for a guy that said grab em by the ... that alone is over the top. and if that didnt stop women from voting for him and men with daughters/wives. well there you have it. anything goes.

There's probably a clause in the pre-nup that says he has to give Melania an additional $20M in the divorce settlement for each publicized infidelity.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
I’m not a fan of putting everyone in jail that does something that ticks me off or even breaks some slight laws here and there. But the reason Trump and his family, shady friends, some republicans that allowed it...all need to be jailed is because you're doing this as the president of the US of A. we can't have that and we have to set a precedent that shows anyone coming after, "if you try this BS again, you too will be in jail for a long time.

Exactly. Winning an election doesn’t excuse illegal activity during the campaign or while in office. And that’s what the motto of Trump’s party up till the midterms. We won, so we’re right. About everything.

It’s how fascists think.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

All that matters is Jesus will forgive them for voting in such a vile human being because they were able to stack the Supreme Court and enact Christian ideals
like:
-Corporate persoonhood
-Less Taxes for the rich
-Destruction of the enviroment
-Stripping healthcare from those less fortunate
-Stripping financial support from those who need it

Good wholesome Christian ideals. If there is a hell, these people are going to it
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Doesn't matter what Trump or his supporters think.

LINK

If you have a reply, can you do so with words . . . why ask people to people click a blind link?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
kikanga wrote:

explains all the sniffing and snorting noises he makes

I dunno. Sniffing crushed pills leaves all the fillers clogged in one's lungs. I saw a show, on HBO iirc, about addicts and one of the kids they featured snorted crushed pills. Even young people get unk'd up with that method way before their time. How could Donald be breathing now?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

LINK

If you have a reply, can you do so with words . . . why ask people to people click a blind link?
Nope

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

LINK

Nope

Chuckling at the J.J. pic. That got to me.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

LINK

Nope

So you have nothing to offer in regards to meaningful conversation . . . good to know.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

LINK

Nope

So you have nothing to offer in regards to meaningful conversation . . . good to know.

OK George

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald Trump attended an August 2015 meeting that federal prosecutors believe was central to a criminal scheme to violate campaign finance laws to help Trump win the presidency, according to a source familiar with the matter.

According to court filings, Trump was joined by Michael Cohen, who was his attorney at the time, and David Pecker, the chairman of American Media Inc., parent company of the National Enquirer.

During the meeting, the group discussed a plan to shield Trump from potentially damaging stories. Prosecutors say this amounted to illegal donations to Trump's campaign.

Trump's attendance was first reported by the Wall Street Journal in a November article. The meeting returned to the spotlight Wednesday when federal prosecutors announced that they agreed not to prosecute AMI for campaign finance violations in exchange for its cooperation.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan mentioned the meeting when they charged Cohen over the summer with two campaign finance violations. Those crimes related to hush-money payments to two women who alleged affairs with Trump. For his part, Trump has denied the affairs.

Prosecutors also described the meeting in the AMI agreement, which became public Wednesday.

That document said Cohen, Pecker, and "one or more members of the campaign" met in August 2015. At that meeting, "Pecker offered to help deal with negative stories about that presidential candidate's relationships with women by, among other things, assisting the campaign in identifying such stories so they could be purchased, and their publication avoided."

AMI now admits that after that meeting, Pecker agreed to "keep Cohen appraised" of negative stories about Trump. The tabloid played a role in facilitating the hush-money payments against the women, Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels, in the months leading up to the 2016 election.

Dots Connected
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Federal prosectors are investigating President Donald Trump’s inauguration committee for possible misspending of donations, sources familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal on Thursday.

The alleged investigation by the Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office into the record $107 million raised for the inauguration includes probes into whether the committee’s biggest donors gave money in exchange for access to Trump’s administration or political influence, some of the sources said.

CNN later confirmed the report.

Such misspending by the committee, which was registered as a nonprofit, could constitute a violation of federal corruption laws. If true, it marks the latest legal probe into whether members of Trump’s inner circle may have inappropriately spent money associated with his campaign.

The reported investigation arose in part from materials that federal prosecutors seized in April when it raided the home of Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, who was just sentenced to three years for lying to Congress and violating campaign finance laws during Trump’s 2016 campaign when he coordinated payoffs to two women who had alleged affairs with Trump.

Inauguration Corruption Investigation
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
I’m not a fan of putting everyone in jail that does something that ticks me off or even breaks some slight laws here and there. But the reason Trump and his family, shady friends, some republicans that allowed it...all need to be jailed is because you're doing this as the president of the US of A. we can't have that and we have to set a precedent that shows anyone coming after, "if you try this BS again, you too will be in jail for a long time.

Exactly. Winning an election doesn’t excuse illegal activity during the campaign or while in office. And that’s what the motto of Trump’s party up till the midterms. We won, so we’re right. About everything.

It’s how fascists think.

7-year-old migrant girl taken into Border Patrol custody dies of dehydration, exhaustion
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/7-year-old-migrant-girl-taken-into-border-patrol-custody-dies-of-dehydration-exhaustion/2018/12/13/8909e356-ff03-11e8-862a-b6a6f3ce8199_story.html?noredirect=on
Quote:
Emergency responders, who arrived soon after, measured her body temperature at 105.7 degrees, and according to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

And this is what his Base is
Employees who are anarchists
Let's bet the handbook rulebook demands
Water ..maybe food, be administered ASAP to anyone
Found out there.. especially children?

Trump wants the country to have segregation and lots of violent
white supremacist gangs
Evidenced by cutting funding to investigate white
supremacist and neo nazi
Terrorism right here in America

I want to ask for mandatory Life Sentences for anyone
Who altered, hacked, or maliciously obstructed voting by any means
Gerrymandering could fit under these rules

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
Federal prosectors are investigating President Donald Trump’s inauguration committee for possible misspending of donations, sources familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal on Thursday.

The alleged investigation by the Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office into the record $107 million raised for the inauguration includes probes into whether the committee’s biggest donors gave money in exchange for access to Trump’s administration or political influence, some of the sources said.

Such misspending by the committee, which was registered as a nonprofit, could constitute a violation of federal corruption laws. If true, it marks the latest legal probe into whether members of Trump’s inner circle may have inappropriately spent money associated with his campaign.

The reported investigation arose in part from materials that federal prosecutors seized in April when it raided the home of Trump lawyer Michael Cohen, who was just sentenced to three years for lying to Congress and violating campaign finance laws during Trump’s 2016 campaign when he coordinated payoffs to two women who had alleged affairs with Trump.

Press is trying to save the pres from an aneurysm

Melania paid someone 26 million iirc
Should put her name in headlines

Quote:
Trump inaugural committee paid $26 million to friend of first lady Melania Trump
Christina Wilkie | @christinawilkie
Published 1:42 PM ET Thu, 15 Feb 2018 Updated 6:23 PM ET Thu, 15 Feb 2018
CNBC.com
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a New York party planner and friend of first lady Melania Trump, was paid $26 million by the Trump inaugural committee.
The payment was disclosed in an IRS form that revealed the committee spent more than $90 million on events surrounding the 2017 inauguration of Donald Trump.
The committee gave $5 million to charity, out of a total $106 million raised.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/trump-inaugural-committee-paid-26-million-to-friend-of-melania-trump.html
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Smart reader post from NYT in response to a Maria Butina article. A Bostonian, but...

Red Sox '04, '07, '13, '18
As an American citizen, I am far more interested in learning the identity of Republican recipients of Russian money. Once (upon a very long time ago) Republicans told us that they hated the godless, soulless Soviet Union as a poisonous nest of socialist anarchist serpents. They shrilled that Russia was the Antichrist.

Now, Maria Butina turns up however, as a “From Russia, With Love” mole, complete with academic dossiers and credentials from The American University (conveniently located in NE Washington, D.C.) Ms. Butina, who has KGB written all over her laundered on-line profile, then captured the fancy of gun-loving, hard-right “Christian” conservatives so she could indoctrinate her marks with smoothness and cash. Of course, Republicans, recognizing a kindred anti-democratic spirit in Russia, took the bait.

I want to know how much money Mitch McConnell; Paul Ryan; and other GOP movers and shakers took from the NRA after they took it in from Russia. I want to see amounts with dates of receipt. If a Democrat had taken money from Russia, the GOP would have been all over him—or her—for accepting funds from a hostile power.

Only in America. Only if you’re a Republican. They can justify anythi
ng.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

Press is trying to save the pres from an aneurysm

Melania paid someone 26 million iirc
Should put her name in headlines

Quote:
Trump inaugural committee paid $26 million to friend of first lady Melania Trump
Christina Wilkie | @christinawilkie
Published 1:42 PM ET Thu, 15 Feb 2018 Updated 6:23 PM ET Thu, 15 Feb 2018
CNBC.com
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a New York party planner and friend of first lady Melania Trump, was paid $26 million by the Trump inaugural committee.
The payment was disclosed in an IRS form that revealed the committee spent more than $90 million on events surrounding the 2017 inauguration of Donald Trump.
The committee gave $5 million to charity, out of a total $106 million raised.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/trump-inaugural-committee-paid-26-million-to-friend-of-melania-trump.html

Save him from one or give him one.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

^^^I tripped when I saw that the British really did draw and quarter traitors and affix their heads on poles along London bridge

Witnessing what politicians are getting away with now helps me understand their anger.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1289, 1290, 1291 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1290 of 3663
Jump to: