THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1348, 1349, 1350 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

I don’t think their eyes are closed. It’s just their hearts.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:

It's interesting that both Graham and Klobuchar basically predicted this story through their questioning the other day. Which adds legitimacy to your theory that something big is coming and Trump's people wanted to get ahead of it.

Maybe. But this (bleep) has been going on for a loooooong time now without the "something big" actually coming despite the constant hints that it should.

Which is why we all need to prepare ourselves for the apparently obvious eventuality that there is nothing that is tangible enough to hold Trump responsible in any meaningful fashion. Thus, it's glaringly apparent that the only resolution to this mess is to vote him out in 2020.

Your take is correct and logical, but I can’t shake the feeling that mueller has something tangible. When you see how sloppy Trump is when he knows he’s being watched, I can’t imagine he pulled all this off without slipping up.

I agree with all of that. But it's not about how sloppy Trump is. He's left a paper trail to his dishonesty and foolishness his entire public life and look where he is.

It's about what the political system is going to be able to accomplish between now and November 2020. It's become pretty obvious that it's not much.

I agree, but whether they can get the republicans to act is different than does mueller actually have something tangible. I think mueller has something tangible on trump, and that the GOP has already sold themselves out and won’t move if a base that loves trump won’t make them. And it won’t.

Already the pundits on Fox were going with "Eh it doesn't really matter" regarding the Buzzfeed report (and that was before Mueller's statement).

I've never felt the Mueller report was going to produce much in the way of actionable info, but even if they did the Republicans wont turn on him for it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

How low can you go? Holding children hostage to get his damn wall.

Donald Trump prepares to offer migrant protections in exchange for border wall

LINK

Quote:
WASHINGTON – As the partial government shutdown passed its 29th day, President Donald Trump prepared Saturday to offer Democrats new protections for children of migrants who entered the United States illegally in exchange for his $5.7 billion border wall.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

I've never felt the Mueller report was going to produce much in the way of actionable info, but even if they did the Republicans wont turn on him for it.

I agree. And the more time has passed waiting for the report, the more I have come to feel that way. And I think it has always been a given that regards of what may be in the report, there will be no action taken by the GOP.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:
WASHINGTON – As the partial government shutdown passed its 29th day, President Donald Trump prepared Saturday to offer Democrats new protections for children of migrants who entered the United States illegally in exchange for his $5.7 billion border wall.

he won't offer a thing and will up the amount to the original 25 billion...that's trump
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

This might sound good to some, but we must remember that when Obama left and Trump began, DACA protected the Dreamersand we didn't have a Wall--at least as Trump wants. Since the Dreamers protection is extremely popular, even popular with most Republicans, and Trump supported them at one point, he and the Republicans really give up nothing. Since the Democrats must give up something they strongly do not want to, the Democrats must then get something that Republicans don't want to give up, to make this a balanced deal.

Last edited by ribeye on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

This might sound good to some, but we must remember that when Obama left and Trump began, DACA's were protected and we didn't have a Wall--at least as Trump wants. Since DACA's protection is extremely popular, even popular with most Republicans, and Trump supported them at one point, he and the Republicans really give up nothing. Since the Democrats must give up something they strongly do not want to, the Democrats must then get something that Republicans don't want to give up, to make this a balanced deal.

Art of the Deal
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL IN AMERICA!

Georgia state lawmaker who defended KKK named to House committee post

LINK

Quote:
Benton faced national backlash in 2016 when he insisted the KKK “was not so much a racist thing, but a vigilante thing to keep law and order.”

“It made a lot of people straighten up,” he told the paper at the time. “I’m not saying what they did was right. It’s just the way things were.”

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Notice
Trump made this meeting about DEMOCRATS

The great uniter
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ed-case-hawaii-asian-trapped-in-a-white-body_us_5c3f4098e4b0e0baf5434d59

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/news/outrage-as-non-native-youth-wearing-maga-hats-taunt-and-disrespect-native-elder-jy7UVwdg8kK2uvT0L-JOig/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maga-hatted-teens-harass-native-182138098.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

FF to 33:00 He starts with how we are equal. NOT Nothing new to see here.

Watch Live: President Trump makes immigration announcement

LINK

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Oddest couple in DC
These two years look like 10-15 for Kellyanne

Quote:

In light of the fact that you are a pathological liar,
you should not be heard to complain about inaccurate
media reports.
https://t.co/i1OpMpyiXG
— George Conway (@gtconway3d) January 19, 2019
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

33:00
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

How does he get that squared off comb-over to stay put? This was literally the first time I watched him speak for as many as 2 minutes because generally I just don't have the stomach for him. But I couldn't take my eyes away from the things on his head that literally never move. His forehead. His Cheeks. That com-over. they never move.The only thing that moves are his lips like in those cartoon pasteovers. And he consistently cocks his head to the right 4 times for every one time he cocks to the left. I don't think he's a real person. He looks like one of Jeff Dunhams puppets. These propaganda addresses need to be presented in Hi-Def so we can look for the strings.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

How does he get that squared off comb-over to stay put? This was literally the first time I watched him speak for as many as 2 minutes because generally I just don't have the stomach for him. But I couldn't take my eyes away from the things on his head that literally never move. His forehead. His Cheeks. That com-over. they never move.The only thing that moves are his lips like in those cartoon pasteovers. And he consistently cocks his head to the right 4 times for every one time he cocks to the left. I don't think he's a real person. He looks like one of Jeff Dunhams puppets. These propaganda addresses need to be presented in Hi-Def so we can look for the strings.

Clutch Cargo Syncro Vox

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

So this is what the Dems look like with a strong backbone. So proud of my party.

Trump already nixed the DACA for wall deal in the past. So I'm glad Dem's shut down Trump's faux negotiation this time around.

The Democratic Party shouldn't negotiate with terrorist demands. Even if the terrorist is an orange, spray tanned man occupying the Oval Office.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Tulsi Gabbard is running for President. Very interested to see if she gets any traction. A woman, a veteran, against the Syrian war after actually going to Syria, and best of all, both Howard Dean and the GOP have come out against her. Now that’s anti establishment.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Tulsi Gabbard is running for President. Very interested to see if she gets any traction. A woman, a veteran, against the Syrian war after actually going to Syria, and best of all, both Howard Dean and the GOP have come out against her. Now that’s anti establishment.

As a converted conservative with a vocal anti-LGBT history, likely not much.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Those Catholic school white boys trolling Native Americans make me sick to the stomach.

I wish the Trump-voting Evangelicals hoping for the second coming of Christ would get what they are asking for.

Because the Jesus Christ from the Holy Bible I studied growing up would be repulsed by their behavior.
Trump has become the American Evangelical God. "What Would Trump Do" has replaced "What Would Jesus Do". As a person raised in a Christian family, educated in a Christian elementary and middle school. I'm embarrassed for them.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Those Catholic school white boys trolling Native Americans make me sick to the stomach.

I wish the Trump-voting Evangelicals hoping for the second coming of Christ would get what they are asking for.

Because the Jesus Christ from the Holy Bible I studied growing up would be repulsed by their behavior.
Trump has become the American Evangelical God. "What Would Trump Do" has replaced "What Would Jesus Do". As a person raised in Christian family, educated in a Christian elementary and middle school. I'm embarrassed for them.

The internet did it's job today:

So someone changed the school's name to “Covington Catholic White Male Entitlement High”

Meanwhile This little douchebag flashed the White Power sign during CNNs coverage of the Women's March
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

As a converted conservative with a vocal anti-LGBT history, likely not much.

Yeah, she did just apologize for that part of her history.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Teens in Make America Great Again hats taunted a Native American elder and Vietnam War Veteran at the Lincoln Memorial while they were celebrating Indigenous Peoples day..

Teens were there as part of a Catholic School event.. to Tell Women they do not have a right to their bodies.. and thought they should just tell other people they were taught to despise to (bleep) off too

This story was the biggest reason I feared Donald Trump.. this is his disease of hatred and racism.. Cheered by the zombie white apes and then PARENTS cheer Trump in front of their children and their children act like Trump

Their behavior provokes sadness for my species.. disrespect our planet and each other.. ad infinitum

Quote:
Videos of the confrontation show a smiling young man in a red Make America Great Again hat standing directly in front of the man, who was playing a drum and chanting. Other kids could be seen laughing, jumping around and making fun of the chants.

Quote:
Taitano said the standoff continued until a chaperone came and led the teens away for a photograph.
Some of the boys could be seen wearing hoodies and jackets with the name of Covington Catholic High School, an all-boys' school in Northern Kentucky.
The school's website said a group of students had planned to attend Friday's March for Life rally in Washington.
The school is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, and in a statement given to CNN affiliate WLWT, spokeswoman Laura Keener said the diocese would investigate the incident and take appropriate action.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I can’t believe nobody knocked that little prick back.

Mocking an elderly man and veteran like that. Who’s raising these kids?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

I might not watch Bill Maher next week. The fact that he invites the Ann Coulter's and Ben Shapiro's of the world onto his show. It's so misguided.

What is he gonna correct every unfounded, racist, offensive thing Coulter says on his show next week? Of course not. So in effect. He's just giving her a platform to spread a toxic message.

At least when Jon Stewart invited Bill O'Reilly on the Daily Show back in the day. Jon literally debate him and correct almost every lie O'Reilly said. Even if Jon had to add something after the commercial break or on an extended episode online.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Teens in Make America Great Again hats taunted a Native American elder and Vietnam War Veteran at the Lincoln Memorial while they were celebrating Indigenous Peoples day..

Teens were there as part of a Catholic School event.. to Tell Women they do not have a right to their bodies.. and thought they should just tell other people they were taught to despise to (bleep) off too

This story was the biggest reason I feared Donald Trump.. this is his disease of hatred and racism.. Cheered by the zombie white apes and then PARENTS cheer Trump in front of their children and their children act like Trump

Their behavior provokes sadness for my species.. disrespect our planet and each other.. ad infinitum

Quote:
Videos of the confrontation show a smiling young man in a red Make America Great Again hat standing directly in front of the man, who was playing a drum and chanting. Other kids could be seen laughing, jumping around and making fun of the chants.

Quote:
Taitano said the standoff continued until a chaperone came and led the teens away for a photograph.
Some of the boys could be seen wearing hoodies and jackets with the name of Covington Catholic High School, an all-boys' school in Northern Kentucky.
The school's website said a group of students had planned to attend Friday's March for Life rally in Washington.
The school is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, and in a statement given to CNN affiliate WLWT, spokeswoman Laura Keener said the diocese would investigate the incident and take appropriate action.

what is with these circle jerking republican teenagers? Thinking of GWB and the skull and bones jerk off club
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1348, 1349, 1350 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 1349 of 3672
Jump to: