THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1400, 1401, 1402 ... 1444, 1445, 1446  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
20,000
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 29264
Location: Likely nowhere near you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Can we just be done with Sanders and Berniebros?
_________________
Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying...'I will try again tomorrow.'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 46641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm waiting to hear Bernie's platform. Where does he stand on China, Russia, N Korea, our western allies, tax reform, infrastructure, education, to name a few positions? If he's chosen I'll vote for him. I'd vote for Dudley Do Right over Trump. I don't think he'll get the nomination. What he will do is as he did in his last run, put important issues on the front burner.


I do think it’s odd that he doesn’t appear to have a site live and indexed on Google right now.

I wonder if he's going to change his approach on health care. I hope he abandons single payer and adopts fix ACA.


why is that Jodeke?


My understanding is single payer is a good plan that would take huge restructuring. Where would the money to pay for it come from? It would call for more government involvement. Providers would lose money because of set prices.

I believe ACA is the right direction. IMO it's easier to fix what we have in place. ACA (Obama Care) is seeming to be more the right path.

If I had my way we would take the MediCare route. It stifles gouging.

I don't think Sanders can win the nomination. I hope he'd drop early and lend his support to a nominee that has a chance to beat Trump. IMO he waited to long in the last election.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83850
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm waiting to hear Bernie's platform. Where does he stand on China, Russia, N Korea, our western allies, tax reform, infrastructure, education, to name a few positions? If he's chosen I'll vote for him. I'd vote for Dudley Do Right over Trump. I don't think he'll get the nomination. What he will do is as he did in his last run, put important issues on the front burner.


I do think it’s odd that he doesn’t appear to have a site live and indexed on Google right now.

I wonder if he's going to change his approach on health care. I hope he abandons single payer and adopts fix ACA.


why is that Jodeke?


My understanding is single payer is a good plan that would take huge restructuring. Where would the money to pay for it come from? It would call for more government involvement. Providers would lose money because of set prices.

I believe ACA is the right direction. IMO it's easier to fix what we have in place. ACA (Obama Care) is seeming to be more the right path.

If I had my way we would take the MediCare route. It stifles gouging.


Medicare IS single payer.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10371

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm waiting to hear Bernie's platform. Where does he stand on China, Russia, N Korea, our western allies, tax reform, infrastructure, education, to name a few positions? If he's chosen I'll vote for him. I'd vote for Dudley Do Right over Trump. I don't think he'll get the nomination. What he will do is as he did in his last run, put important issues on the front burner.


I do think it’s odd that he doesn’t appear to have a site live and indexed on Google right now.

I wonder if he's going to change his approach on health care. I hope he abandons single payer and adopts fix ACA.


That's never going to happen. Bernie has been preaching single payer via his weekly radio interviews since the mid 90's during the Clinton administration. Out of all the politicians in the country, he's the one who has been consistently single payer for the past 2 decades plus. His vocal support for single payer was the primary reason he became a viable candidate nationally, and his putting single payer at the forefront us why 90% of the current crop of Democrat hopefuls are adopting single payer in one form or another. 70% of Americans want single payer (That includes even 52% of Republicans). Bernie moving away from an issue he's most associated with with that type of broad support amongst the electorate wouldn't just be political suicide. It would be grounds for him to be admitted to Bellevue for a mandatory Psyche Eval.
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 46641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm waiting to hear Bernie's platform. Where does he stand on China, Russia, N Korea, our western allies, tax reform, infrastructure, education, to name a few positions? If he's chosen I'll vote for him. I'd vote for Dudley Do Right over Trump. I don't think he'll get the nomination. What he will do is as he did in his last run, put important issues on the front burner.


I do think it’s odd that he doesn’t appear to have a site live and indexed on Google right now.

I wonder if he's going to change his approach on health care. I hope he abandons single payer and adopts fix ACA.


why is that Jodeke?


My understanding is single payer is a good plan that would take huge restructuring. Where would the money to pay for it come from? It would call for more government involvement. Providers would lose money because of set prices.

I believe ACA is the right direction. IMO it's easier to fix what we have in place. ACA (Obama Care) is seeming to be more the right path.

If I had my way we would take the MediCare route. It stifles gouging.


Medicare IS single payer.


Really. This is my understanding of Medicare.
Quote:
Medicare isn't actually a single-payer system. Medicare allows private insurance companies to manage care in the program, which means the government is not the only payer of claims. ... In other words: single-payer, with the federal government at the helm

I'm a Kaiser member. Is that considered single payer?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 1297

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm not heavily invested into politics, but definitely going to vote this upcoming election.

Just curious if anyone here can help educate me on this. I know Bernie has goals of providing free college tuition and forgiving student loan debt. Could someone tell me how feasible that is if he is elected into office? How would the country even get the money to pass this through?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83850
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm waiting to hear Bernie's platform. Where does he stand on China, Russia, N Korea, our western allies, tax reform, infrastructure, education, to name a few positions? If he's chosen I'll vote for him. I'd vote for Dudley Do Right over Trump. I don't think he'll get the nomination. What he will do is as he did in his last run, put important issues on the front burner.


I do think it’s odd that he doesn’t appear to have a site live and indexed on Google right now.

I wonder if he's going to change his approach on health care. I hope he abandons single payer and adopts fix ACA.


why is that Jodeke?


My understanding is single payer is a good plan that would take huge restructuring. Where would the money to pay for it come from? It would call for more government involvement. Providers would lose money because of set prices.

I believe ACA is the right direction. IMO it's easier to fix what we have in place. ACA (Obama Care) is seeming to be more the right path.

If I had my way we would take the MediCare route. It stifles gouging.


Medicare IS single payer.


Really. This is my understanding of Medicare.
Quote:
Medicare isn't actually a single-payer system. Medicare allows private insurance companies to manage care in the program, which means the government is not the only payer of claims. ... In other words: single-payer, with the federal government at the helm

I'm a Kaiser member. Is that considered single payer?


I’m talking about straight Medicare. Where it becomes not single payer is because it doesn’t cover everything, and you end up needing a supplemental insurance to cover the gaps.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BrokenLaker
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
A quick question for the Bernie folks: what does Sanders bring as a candidate that Warren doesn't?


Terrorist voters?


Wrinkly balls?


u scared.

i luv it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83850
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
I'm not heavily invested into politics, but definitely going to vote this upcoming election.

Just curious if anyone here can help educate me on this. I know Bernie has goals of providing free college tuition and forgiving student loan debt. Could someone tell me how feasible that is if he is elected into office? How would the country even get the money to pass this through?


It is feasible if the Democrats keep the house and take the senate, and as long as constituents don’t get too nosy about how all it that actually gets paid for. One area where I have issues with Bernie is his willingness to let his base believe someone else will be picking up the tab.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10371

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:


I’m talking about straight Medicare. Where it becomes not single payer is because it doesn’t cover everything, and you end up needing a supplemental insurance to cover the gaps.


This is why Medicare for all is a misnomer. It should be Medicaid for all, but they don't use the correct terminology because of the way they've vilified the term Medicaid as something for people "lesser than".
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10371

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe said Tuesday it is possible President Donald Trump is a Russian asset.

"Do you still believe the President could be a Russian asset?" asked CNN's Anderson Cooper during an interview with McCabe on "Anderson Cooper 360."

"I think it's possible. I think that's why we started our investigation, and I'm really anxious to see where (special counsel Robert) Mueller concludes that," McCabe said.

It's another bombshell comment from McCabe, which comes days after he outlined on Sunday to CBS the reasons top US officials decided to open a counterintelligence probe and obstruction of justice investigation into the President.


Book Peddling
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 3644

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
Former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe said Tuesday it is possible President Donald Trump is a Russian asset.

"Do you still believe the President could be a Russian asset?" asked CNN's Anderson Cooper during an interview with McCabe on "Anderson Cooper 360."

"I think it's possible. I think that's why we started our investigation, and I'm really anxious to see where (special counsel Robert) Mueller concludes that," McCabe said.

It's another bombshell comment from McCabe, which comes days after he outlined on Sunday to CBS the reasons top US officials decided to open a counterintelligence probe and obstruction of justice investigation into the President.


Book Peddling


Man needs a retirement plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 2798
Location: South Orange County

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm waiting to hear Bernie's platform. Where does he stand on China, Russia, N Korea, our western allies, tax reform, infrastructure, education, to name a few positions? If he's chosen I'll vote for him. I'd vote for Dudley Do Right over Trump. I don't think he'll get the nomination. What he will do is as he did in his last run, put important issues on the front burner.


I do think it’s odd that he doesn’t appear to have a site live and indexed on Google right now.

I wonder if he's going to change his approach on health care. I hope he abandons single payer and adopts fix ACA.


why is that Jodeke?


My understanding is single payer is a good plan that would take huge restructuring. Where would the money to pay for it come from? It would call for more government involvement. Providers would lose money because of set prices.

I believe ACA is the right direction. IMO it's easier to fix what we have in place. ACA (Obama Care) is seeming to be more the right path.

If I had my way we would take the MediCare route. It stifles gouging.

I don't think Sanders can win the nomination. I hope he'd drop early and lend his support to a nominee that has a chance to beat Trump. IMO he waited to long in the last election.


Bernie is actually starting out as the front runner, but a lot can change between now and then.

Where would the money come from? It would come from the money everyone is already spending on healthcare. There have been multiple studies that have shown that single payer healthcare would cost billions less than what Americans are already spending on healthcare through private insurance. The difference is that single payer would cover every American (for less!) instead of leaving 30 million people uninsured.

What happens to health insurance companies? Under some plans...they go away completely. In others there is supplemental insurance. What happens to all the insurance employees? In some plans, they are going to offer full severance for one year for every insurance company employee as whey work to find other jobs...and it still costs less!

Every other developed nation in the world has single payer, they have lower costs and better outcomes, yet America can’t afford it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83850
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

America can have single payer, and over time it will cost a lot less, but getting from here to there is something Medicare for all people tend to gloss over, because it is much harder to change an entrenched system than start from scratch (most of the developed world did this when it was far closer to the latter than the former). And they pay very high taxes to have it. Not just the rich. All of them. And that’s the soft lie that’s being sold. You can have everything and someone else (the rich!) will pay for it. No, you will.

IMO, it is the right thing to do, but I think we need to approach it realistically and honestly.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 46641
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm waiting to hear Bernie's platform. Where does he stand on China, Russia, N Korea, our western allies, tax reform, infrastructure, education, to name a few positions? If he's chosen I'll vote for him. I'd vote for Dudley Do Right over Trump. I don't think he'll get the nomination. What he will do is as he did in his last run, put important issues on the front burner.


I do think it’s odd that he doesn’t appear to have a site live and indexed on Google right now.

I wonder if he's going to change his approach on health care. I hope he abandons single payer and adopts fix ACA.


why is that Jodeke?


My understanding is single payer is a good plan that would take huge restructuring. Where would the money to pay for it come from? It would call for more government involvement. Providers would lose money because of set prices.

I believe ACA is the right direction. IMO it's easier to fix what we have in place. ACA (Obama Care) is seeming to be more the right path.

If I had my way we would take the MediCare route. It stifles gouging.

I don't think Sanders can win the nomination. I hope he'd drop early and lend his support to a nominee that has a chance to beat Trump. IMO he waited to long in the last election.


Bernie is actually starting out as the front runner, but a lot can change between now and then.

Where would the money come from? It would come from the money everyone is already spending on healthcare. There have been multiple studies that have shown that single payer healthcare would cost billions less than what Americans are already spending on healthcare through private insurance. The difference is that single payer would cover every American (for less!) instead of leaving 30 million people uninsured.

What happens to health insurance companies? Under some plans...they go away completely. In others there is supplemental insurance. What happens to all the insurance employees? In some plans, they are going to offer full severance for one year for every insurance company employee as whey work to find other jobs...and it still costs less!

Every other developed nation in the world has single payer, they have lower costs and better outcomes, yet America can’t afford it?

I'm not versed on single payer. What little I do know leads me to believe it's a good plan. Opposition comes from physicians and hospital groups. It's all about the Benjamin's.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 2798
Location: South Orange County

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
America can have single payer, and over time it will cost a lot less, but getting from here to there is something Medicare for all people tend to gloss over, because it is much harder to change an entrenched system than start from scratch (most of the developed world did this when it was far closer to the latter than the former). And they pay very high taxes to have it. Not just the rich. All of them. And that’s the soft lie that’s being sold. You can have everything and someone else (the rich!) will pay for it. No, you will.

IMO, it is the right thing to do, but I think we need to approach it realistically and honestly.


The very high tax is less than what people are paying right now for health care. This is a non issue. If I’m spending five dollars now paying for healthcare, and tomorrow I’m paying four dollars...it’s still less regardless of who the payment is going to.

It’s complex, many gloss over it, but it’s extremely doable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83850
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
America can have single payer, and over time it will cost a lot less, but getting from here to there is something Medicare for all people tend to gloss over, because it is much harder to change an entrenched system than start from scratch (most of the developed world did this when it was far closer to the latter than the former). And they pay very high taxes to have it. Not just the rich. All of them. And that’s the soft lie that’s being sold. You can have everything and someone else (the rich!) will pay for it. No, you will.

IMO, it is the right thing to do, but I think we need to approach it realistically and honestly.


The very high tax is less than what people are paying right now for health care. This is a non issue. If I’m spending five dollars now paying for healthcare, and tomorrow I’m paying four dollars...it’s still less regardless of who the payment is going to.

It’s complex, many gloss over it, but it’s extremely doable.


It’s less than what some people are paying right now. But the savings will come in time (and have their own unintended consequences, like expecting doctors and others to take a huge pay cut). In the interim, it’s not going to be some windfall savings. And it’s not going to be simple tax the rich (another misrepresentation is the idea that you can spend each dollar of tax from the wealthy multiple times, or that there’s enough there to pay for everything). Other nations are heavily heavily taxed for a reason.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 24871

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Alright... who brought up Andrew Yang on the Joe Rogan podcast?

Just watched it and was pleasantly surprised. A Democrat who talked for nearly 2 hours with no platitudes, an actual path to his policies, no identity politics (even pushed against it a bit at one point), and has a very matter of fact, data driven, pro entrepreneur approach? Why is he not getting more play?

Dude just about talked me into UBI for crying out loud lol. Gotta learn more about him but what a breath of fresh air for team blue IMO.

We need more people like him to run on both sides of the aisle.

(Oh, and this guy actually gets technology. Huge plus in my book).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 5806

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Now that Dems have some power.. I say

Bring ALL of Trumps Accusers to a public hearing on CSPAN etc.. let them tell their stories..

METOO his ass out of DC??

Get their stories all over the papers and in the front rooms of all the Evangelicals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83850
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Now that Dems have some power.. I say

Bring ALL of Trumps Accusers to a public hearing on CSPAN etc.. let them tell their stories..

METOO his ass out of DC??

Get their stories all over the papers and in the front rooms of all the Evangelicals


It won’t matter. Tribe trumps all.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 42326
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

RE: Bernie Running Again.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 5806

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

If Trump got California to Secede would it make Putin happy?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 11145
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Alright... who brought up Andrew Yang on the Joe Rogan podcast?

Just watched it and was pleasantly surprised. A Democrat who talked for nearly 2 hours with no platitudes, an actual path to his policies, no identity politics (even pushed against it a bit at one point), and has a very matter of fact, data driven, pro entrepreneur approach? Why is he not getting more play?

Dude just about talked me into UBI for crying out loud lol. Gotta learn more about him but what a breath of fresh air for team blue IMO.

We need more people like him to run on both sides of the aisle.

(Oh, and this guy actually gets technology. Huge plus in my book).


There's nothing in this post I can disagree with. Indeed, this of all the posts on this page made me the happiest. Thanks RF.

Volt this Omar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 4225
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Dana Rohrbacher diverted campaign funds to family accounts

https://ocweekly.com/dana-rohrabacher-diverted-funds/

yoink!
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2002
Posts: 2798
Location: South Orange County

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Alright... who brought up Andrew Yang on the Joe Rogan podcast?

Just watched it and was pleasantly surprised. A Democrat who talked for nearly 2 hours with no platitudes, an actual path to his policies, no identity politics (even pushed against it a bit at one point), and has a very matter of fact, data driven, pro entrepreneur approach? Why is he not getting more play?

Dude just about talked me into UBI for crying out loud lol. Gotta learn more about him but what a breath of fresh air for team blue IMO.

We need more people like him to run on both sides of the aisle.

(Oh, and this guy actually gets technology. Huge plus in my book).


It was me! He’s really good!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1400, 1401, 1402 ... 1444, 1445, 1446  Next
Page 1401 of 1446
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB