THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1424, 1425, 1426 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Here is an example of a Trump supporter who wrote an editorial in the OC Register essentially about why they support him:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/16/a-thought-experiment-on-the-trump-presidency/

>They support him because they believe he did and will continue to do great things for the economy

that confirms a couple of things, neither of which are good, that non-Trump supporters have long suspected

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
A government/political party who kidnaps children, puts them in cages, intentionally doesn't document who the kid belongs to, keeps them in deplorable living conditions including being subjected to sexual abuse, inflicts these children with lifelong psychological trauma, is ordered to reunite children with parents and refuses to do so, then repeatedly lies about all of it -- IS NOT SIMPLY AN OPPOSING POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY. This is evil. And the people who implement such policies are the enemy of American democracy, freedom, equality and everything this country stands for.

So yes, those people are my political enemies.

Wasn't Obama the president that started to put the kids in the cages? Also do we take into consideration the conditions they are coming from? Where they are subjected to things much worse then even sexual abuse. Like not even having a bag of chips to eat. You can't fix everything imo, and every problem in the world is not Trumps fault, the Rebupilcan party or the Democratic party for that matter.

Also just asked my uncle about who is a supervisor in the sector you are destroying. Like he says, the system isnt perfect, it never will be the workers do the best they can. Not everyone is going to get reunited, it's just not that easy when you are talking about this many people. A suggstion would be for Americans to just freely open their homes, business's, and immediate interaction with these people. Are you going to leave your life though? And dedicate it to reunited immigrant children with their parents, or cook them meals everyday?

Last edited by 24Legend007 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
A government/political party who kidnaps children, puts them in cages, intentionally doesn't document who the kid belongs to, keeps them in deplorable living conditions including being subjected to sexual abuse, inflicts these children with lifelong psychological trauma, is ordered to reunite children with parents and refuses to do so, then repeatedly lies about all of it -- IS NOT SIMPLY AN OPPOSING POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY. This is evil. And the people who implement such policies are the enemy of American democracy, freedom, equality and everything this country stands for.

Wasn't Obama the president that started to put the kids in the cages? Also do we take into consideration the conditions they are coming from?

Sadly, you are correct. There is pictorial evidence of immigrant kids in cages under the watch of both Presidents. The glaring difference is one President was openly appalled and the other was openly dismissive of the results of their incompetence on the matter.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Wasn't Obama the president that started to put the kids in the cages? Also do we take into consideration the conditions they are coming from?

Sadly, you are correct. There is pictorial evidence of immigrant kids in cages under the watch of both Presidents. The glaring difference is one President was openly appalled and the other was openly dismissive of the results of their incompetence on the matter.

This is what I dont get abouit politics. Who cares how Obama felt about it, he didn't do anything? Anybody can say the right things.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

This is what I dont get abouit politics. Who cares how Obama felt about it, he didn't do anything? Anybody can say the right things.

Actually he did do something about it. He forbid the practice to continue. When Trump became aware, he did not forbid the practice to continue, and it still does.

To be fair, Obama had to be dragged kicking and screaming to finally do the right thing. Initially he didn't stop the "cagings". It wasn't until the "Foil Wrapped" children fiasco that he finally put his foot down.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Actually he did do something about it. He forbid the practice to continue as soon as he became aware. When Trump became aware, he did not forbid the practice to continue, and it still does.

I see...dont mean to come off as insensitive. The country was built on immigration and can't survive without it.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Actually he did do something about it. He forbid the practice to continue as soon as he became aware. When Trump became aware, he did not forbid the practice to continue, and it still does.

I see...dont mean to come off as insensitive. The country was built on immigration and can't survive without it.

I do have a question though? Were the photos from 2014 wrongly used to discredit the current president by the democratic party? Because this is how I am reading it across most platforms.

Also out of 47000 plus "unaccompanied" children seems like alot to keep track of and to find the parents easily.

People act like people like my uncle are just ripping the kids from their mothers at the borders. Thats just not true. These kids are showing up parentless from the get go.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:

I do have a question though? Were the photos from 2014 wrongly used to discredit the current president by the democratic party? Because this is how I am reading it across most platforms.

I adjusted my prior response to reflect most accurately. Yes, the Democrats disingenuously ignored the factual evidence of the 2014, 2015, & 2016 pictures. I commented on the heinous-nous of the policy here on these boards back in 2015, with not much of a commentary coming from the "left" here. So your position of being circumspect isn't misplaced. That said, there can be no confusion between the position of both administrations. One administration clearly see's it as a stain, and the other clearly see's it as a badge of honor. BOTH administartion's FAILED humanity in their actions.
emililadjet
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject:

This young boy is very courageous
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
Here is an example of a Trump supporter who wrote an editorial in the OC Register essentially about why they support him:

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/16/a-thought-experiment-on-the-trump-presidency/

>They support him because they believe he did and will continue to do great things for the economy

that confirms a couple of things, neither of which are good, that non-Trump supporters have long suspected

When the history books are written, Trump and Trumpism will be among the biggest stains on American History. People who can't or won't see this are beyond my comprehension.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

When the history books are written, Trump and Trumpism will be among the biggest stains on American History. People who can't or won't see this are beyond my comprehension.

Just would like to take a moment and thank Mitch McConnell. Without that evil turtle psychopath. None of this would be possible.
I hope the history books can fit in them all the b.s. he's pulled in Washington. He's one of the most irredeemable politicians of my lifetime.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Nobody asked them what their definition of Great is

I am curious where Trump spent 800 billion dollars?

How can this occur, legally?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Just would like to take a moment and thank Mitch McConnell. Without that evil turtle psychopath. None of this would be possible.
I hope the history books can fit in them all the b.s. he's pulled in Washington. He's one of the most irredeemable politicians of my lifetime.

Yup.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

White House dismisses praise of Trump by New Zealand shooter

LINK

Quote:
The accused gunman’s manifesto praised the U.S. president as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose," even though he did not support his policies. The reference revived criticism that Trump has not been strong enough in condemning hate speech and has fomented anti-Muslim sentiment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

Joe Biden Slips Up In Speech, Nearly Announcing A Presidential Bid

In a speech at a Dover, Delaware, fundraiser for his home state’s Democratic Party, he said, “I’m told I get criticized by the New Left,” referring to misgivings many progressives have about his record and approach to politics.

He stumbled through his next sentence, saying, “I have the most progressive record of anybody running...” He then promptly corrected himself, saying, “Anybody who would run.”

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Word is Biden met with Stacy Abrams
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Gillibrand is officially in. I thought she was in a few weeks ago. Oh well.

Hopefully people like Gillibrand, Castro, and Hickenlooper will exit after the first couple debates. I don't see how they will make any noise and raise enough money in a crowded field. And we ultimately need fewer people on the stage.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Gillibrand figures she is a reformed blue dog, and can appeal to both ends. I suspect neither trust her enough to push her to the top.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Gillibrand figures she is a reformed blue dog, and can appeal to both ends. I suspect neither trust her enough to push her to the top.

She's running for VP at best.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

I skimmed through some of the progressive sites and social media pages, and people aren't happy about her role in Al Franken's resignation. And people tend to view her as a political opportunist, not just regarding Franken but that she's conveniently moved to the left on some issues in recent times.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of an Indiana small city named South Bend, spoke with anchor Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" to discuss his presidential ambitions and support for progressive programs like the Green New Deal.

"I know I'm the young face in this conversation, but not only do I have more years of government experience under my belt than the president, but I've got more years of executive government experience under my belt than the vice president," Buttigieg told Wallace, according to Fox News. Buttigieg also explained why he supports one of the more controversial aspects of the Democratic Party's 2020 program, the idea of a Green New Deal.

He later added, "There's something happening right now, that calls for something completely different than what we've been seeing. Generationally different, regionally different, somebody with a different life story and a different background. And to the surprise of many, including myself, this moment could be the only moment over the last 100 years or the next 100 years, when it's appropriate for someone like me to be in this conversation."

Openly Gay Midwestern Mayor in AOC Mold Making Noise
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

emililadjet wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEJJzn0z9EE
This young boy is very courageous

Iconic.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I skimmed through some of the progressive sites and social media pages, and people aren't happy about her role in Al Franken's resignation. And people tend to view her as a political opportunist, not just regarding Franken but that she's conveniently moved to the left on some issues in recent times.

Yeah, what she did with Franken turned a lot of people, including me, completely off. I’m willing to buy an evolution, but it is harder to buy when you take a calculated shot at getting rid of a rival.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

If the Dems start attacking one another they will be playing into the Reps hands. Until it surfaced as long as Trumps in office he won't be indicted I thought he may not seek a second term. It'll be the first time in American political history a president will be running to stay out of jail.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

Beto outraises all Democratic Presidential candidates in first 24 hours, including Bernie. Raises $6.1M.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/03/18/beto-orourke-bernie-sanders-2020-fundraising/

I believe he raised about $80M from small donations from his Senate campaign in his attempt to unseat Lyin’ Ted Cruz, so he starts off with a pretty fertile list of small donors.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1424, 1425, 1426 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1425 of 3673
Jump to: