THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1433, 1434, 1435 ... 3680, 3681, 3682  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I don’t get your last part. Presumably, I will be old, a widow, or disabled at some point too. Or maybe what you’re saying is that when I pay social security, I am not paying in to it for me, I am paying into it, effectively, for everyone other than me.

That probably explains why I didn’t understand how we could run out. I never looked into this stuff, and had thought my social security payments were being made to secure my future well being.

for everyone including me (or you)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I don’t get your last part. Presumably, I will be old, a widow, or disabled at some point too. Or maybe what you’re saying is that when I pay social security, I am not paying in to it for me, I am paying into it, effectively, for everyone other than me.

That probably explains why I didn’t understand how we could run out. I never looked into this stuff, and had thought my social security payments were being made to secure my future well being.

Yeah but then if I look at it as something that is for my benefit too, of course I will expect to get something. Perhaps I need to look at it more as a form of a charitable donation.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
realking24 wrote:
Wow what an Echo chamber!

Look here pops, you marked yourself with almost every bottom-drawer parrot line there ever was. Anti-vax, echo chamber, fake news. lol echo chamber or not, not even the hardest wingnut conservative facebook group would send you out as representative of their best of breed. Stop now. Don't waste anyone's time with this bull (bleep).

What??? To think for yourself your scolded here lol. That’s what you do is to talk (bleep) and bully people if they don’t fall in line! You call names and give people labels while complaining that we shouldn’t have labels. I am not a conservative, I’m not anti vax, but I will sure question and not believe everything thing I here from networks paid for by lobbyists that have an agenda. I have no problem if anyone votes for anybody or anything as long as I have a right to do what I want. Your little bully tactics made me a Trump voter!!!
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah but then if I look at it as something that is for my benefit too, of course I will expect to get something. Perhaps I need to look at it more as a form of a charitable donation.

That is not how I and most Americans look at it, but you can frame it however you like.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Random question for you guys, but someone at work mentioned that social security is expected to run out by 2034.

Just trying to figure out if true, how this is possible. If I stick a bunch of money in the bank, it would in theory never be less than whatever amount I put in.

So taking it back to social security, how can the money we have put in, to be paid back to us, not be there?

if we let the republicans spend it all on the military...

So my feeling is that money, at the very least the principal, should not be touched for ANY reason. If people can just spend it on whatever they want, why even have social security at all? Just include it in my taxes.

There is no "Principal" per se. Current tax payments received on earnings fund the program, and the Trust fund is to balance out the net needs of the program as the earning population fluctuates.

When the government has a shortage of funds to do things it wants to do (ie unfunded wars), then it starts loaning itself money. 1/4th of the national debt are repayment obligations of these intragovernment loans which the government owes to itself. The single fund that's been pilfered most over the years is the Social Security Trust Fund, to the tune of almost $3 Trillion. In 2034, the government won't take in enough in Social Security earnings to match the payment needs of recipients unless they start repaying that intergovernmental debt that's owed to the Social Security Trust Fund prior to then. They are loathe to do that, ,because that would require using real money, something the crooks never intended on doing. So what's been going on for the past 30 years is the crooks are preparing the public for their intended heist by making it common knowledge that Social Security Trust Fund will be in arrears by 2034 so that everyone just accepts it as a fact that nobody thinks anyone can do anything about. But the heist hasn't officially occurred yet. The hype of 2034 is just the lube being used to make the general unattentive public accept the heist is a forgone conclusion and they have no choice but to bend over and take it.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Look here pops, you marked yourself with almost every bottom-drawer parrot line there ever was. Anti-vax, echo chamber, fake news. lol echo chamber or not, not even the hardest wingnut conservative facebook group would send you out as representative of their best of breed. Stop now. Don't waste anyone's time with this bull (bleep).

What??? To think for yourself your scolded here lol. That’s what you do is to talk (bleep) and bully people if they don’t fall in line! You call names and give people labels while complaining that we shouldn’t have labels. I am not a conservative, I’m not anti vax, but I will sure question and not believe everything thing I here from networks paid for by lobbyists that have an agenda. I have no problem if anyone votes for anybody or anything as long as I have a right to do what I want. Your little bully tactics made me a Trump voter!!!

You start off by criticizing that he scolded you for thinking like yourself, and then you conclude by saying, that his tactics made you a Trump voter, which tells me me you are only reactionary and have a problem thinking for yourself.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks all. Appreciate the explanations.

It seems like someone is going to get screwed at some point. Either those in need now, or those in need later.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Jared Kushner accused of using WhatsApp and personal email for state business

Quote:
“These communications raise questions about whether these officials complied with the Presidential Records Act and whether the White House identified this personal email use during its internal review and took steps to address it,” Cummings wrote.

lock him up lock him up lock him up
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

It seems like someone is going to get screwed at some point. Either those in need now, or those in need later.

It is a simple fix, but when one party is in lockstep, unrelenting, and bull-headed to the point that there can be no new taxes, then the fix gets difficult.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

In other words, your refusal to listen to reason because you despise the way it was delivered pushed you into voting against your own interests just to own the libs. I'm all for people being able to do what they want with their rights, but when you're foisting upon us an incompetent, opportunistic, narcissistic sociopath, then I have a bit of a problem.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Your little bully tactics made me a Trump voter!!!

trump voters portray themselves as misunderstood victims always worried about themselves with no concern for others

Quote:
“He’s not hurting the people he needs to be”: a Trump voter says the quiet part out loud
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

It is a simple fix, but when one party is in lockstep, unrelenting, and bull-headed to the point that there can be no new taxes, then the fix gets difficult.

What’s the fix?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What’s the fix?

It would be as simple as raising the max contribution levels of high income earners ...if I said that right

Quote:
The Social Security Administration (SSA) announced that the maximum amount of wages subject to the old age, survivors, and disability insurance (OASDI) tax will increase to $132,900 for 2019. ... The Medicare hospital insurance tax of 1.45% each for employees and employers, or 2.9% for the self-employed, has no wage limit.Nov 6, 2018

Last edited by VicXLakers on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What’s the fix?

Raising the cap (while at the same time raising the max benefit) so that all income is taxed would just about do it.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

You start off by criticizing that he scolded you for thinking like yourself, and then you conclude by saying, that his tactics made you a Trump voter, which tells me me you are only reactionary and have a problem thinking for yourself.

Not that simple. Doing research and finding out how corrupt the media, FBI, and our politicians are and trying convince us other wise is nonsense. Being Bullied by the media, Facebook,Twitter, internet warriors and other big plat forms by changing their codes to favor Democrats and feeding us Fake News Fox isn’t exempt Made me question everything. I like a lot of what you guys say on Lakersground but differ on politics but I’m ok with it are you?
Do I think we should inject the amount of chemicals in brand new babies and not question the consequences? In America we have a massive amount of bebies dying as a newborn and we have state-of-the-art medicine. I did throw a lot of (bleep) out there but I thought most would agree for peoples choice, and limiting Lobbyists
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

In other words, your refusal to listen to reason because you despise the way it was delivered pushed you into voting against your own interests just to own the libs. I'm all for people being able to do what they want with their rights, but when you're foisting upon us an incompetent, opportunistic, narcissistic sociopath, then I have a bit of a problem.

So dramatic I was giving you crap.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

All the typical paranoid word salad accusations with no evidence to substantiate a bit of it.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

realking24 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Not that simple. Doing research and finding out how corrupt the media, FBI, and our politicians are and trying convince us other wise is nonsense. Being Bullied by the media, Facebook,Twitter, internet warriors and other big plat forms by changing their codes to favor Democrats and feeding us Fake News Fox isn’t exempt Made me question everything. I like a lot of what you guys say on Lakersground but differ on politics but I’m ok with it are you?
Do I think we should inject the amount of chemicals in brand new babies and not question the consequences? In America we have a massive amount of bebies dying as a newborn and we have state-of-the-art medicine. I did throw a lot of (bleep) out there but I thought most would agree for peoples choice, and limiting Lobbyists

OK. So, since you stated you have done your research, I'll ask a second time: Give me some examples, with evidence substantiating, of how the media is corrupt.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

realking24 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

it's not because of vaccines it's because the republicans refuse to fund healthcare for the poor
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What’s the fix?

Raising the cap (while at the same time raising the max benefit) so that all income is taxed would just about do it.

That makes sense to me. What’s the reasoning (even if its a bad one) for the cap?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Your little bully tactics made me a Trump voter!!!

So his bully tactics made you become a supporter of the biggest bully on the planet?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

OK. So, since you stated you have done your research, I'll ask a second time: Give me some examples, with evidence substantiating, of how the media is corrupt.

Not leaving you hanging I’ll get back tonight and find stuff I was talking about👍
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

What’s the fix?

That makes sense to me. What’s the reasoning (even if its a bad one) for the cap?

The reasoning is that there is a cap, a max, on the benefit amount one can receive in return, and that the payout to payback would be unfair for those with exorbitant incomes--you know the one's who continue to earn more and more and more, while nearly everyone else spins their wheels.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Not leaving you hanging I’ll get back tonight and find stuff I was talking about👍

please do because at this point the only believable thing you've posted is that you were bullied in the past

i'm intrigued to see what your brain might process as credible information
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
realking24 wrote:
realking24 wrote:

please do because at this point the only believable thing you've posted is that you were bullied in the past

i'm intrigued to see what your brain might process as credible information

lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1433, 1434, 1435 ... 3680, 3681, 3682  Next
Page 1434 of 3682
Jump to: