THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1442, 1443, 1444 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I have a feeling the Mueller report will be heavily redacted. Query Does the House, Congress, have authority to release the redacted portions.

If they receive it, undoubtedly, but first, the House and Senate must receive the full report so if your question is will they receive the full report? Here's my guess:

Republicans say no--this ain't no Benghazi or private email server.

Democrats say yes--since
Quote:

The Justice Department’s recent decision to provide Congress with a wide range of documents surrounding the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails will increase pressure on DOJ to be fully transparent about Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation into President Donald Trump and Russian interference in the 2016 election

My question is, do they have the authority to release the redacted portions?

If they don't receive the full report I believe they can subpoena it.

In the past, if it was a national security issue or extremely sensitive material, probably not, but, again, since Nunez and the Republicans released material that fit these categories in their attempt to discredit Muller (talk about embarrassing), they may have opened the door.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
IF Republicans were Adults they would have Told Trump

To stop bashing the Investigation
Stop being a big fat scumbag

America the (bleep) cesspool
Trump the Racist Tax Cheat <<Real Patriot

I'm still very optimistic.. honest

the thing is that most republicans probably think he's a hero for thumbing his nose at the government...trump is a symptom of the problem...republicans

Exactly what I was thinking when writing it.

They love him for the fact we hate him

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
There is an unmistakable tone that is coming through in many of these posts blaming Democrats for not doing something perfectly. Whether it's intended or not, several people are picking up on it. I'm not going to keep playing word games. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I get this all day on MSNBC with all their never trump republicans ...it gets old

Yeah, but no one [i]here did that[/i]. Critiquing something is not in anyway demonstrative of a expectation of perfection.

that's your opinion ....discuss it with yourself

It's not opinion. No one expressed any desire or need for perfection. That's a fact. So I can see why you would need to make the accusation and run.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Ultimately the report could support the suspicions, but it hasn't delivered the goods in the way that so many . . . professed it would.

. . . in the way that so many hoped it would.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Quote:
She has her own show on the network. She's not just a talking head. She's one of the most prominent faces on the network. And she's hardly alone in pumping up the Mueller Investigation on that network. It's ok now to toss out baseless conspiracies just because they're theoretically possible? We used to laugh at conservatives for doing this stuff.

Again, Trump appointed him, Republicans voted for him, his performance at the confirmation hearing wasn't reassuring, and his role during Iran-Contra wasn't exemplary. While it might not be politically smart to scream cover up this early, it's nowhere near as irresponsible or baseless what the Republicans, all of them and not just one person that has a show on weekend morning on Fox, did with Benghazi and you know it. You picked one person declared what she said as an embarrassment for all Democrats. It makes no sense.

How many examples of hysteria over the Mueller report over the last two years should I provide before making a general critique of how Democrats have covered and responded to this? If you think this is the only example of stuff like this to appear on MSNBC since Trump was elected you are mistaken. Does it have to be worse than Benghazi to be irresponsible and dumb?

What would your reaction be if all the things we've discovered in the last two years - Trump Tower meetings, Trump Tower Moscow negotiations, over 100 previously undisclosed meetings with Russians, Trump's repeated attempts to fire Mueller, to fire Sessions, to fire Rosenstein, indictements of Flynn, Manafort, Gates, Papadoupolous, Stone, Cohen, Manafort's connections to Russian oligarchs, Trump's connections to Russian oligarchs, Trump's countless attempts to obstruct justice and delegitimize the investigation, and many other things I can't recall right now - were disclosed only now in the Mueller report?

Those things were all talked about by Democrats in the last two years, all of them facts and none of them irresponsible and dumb, while being ignored or dismissed by the right.

Yeah, one of the gifts of Trump is how he's able to inure people to stuff over time by just continuing to ramp up his behavior. If you were given a list of this entire thing's timeline all at once, you'd be shocked at how blatant and obvious it is that he has some sort of relationship with the Russians, that he's leveraged up to his eyeballs in deals that leave him compromised, and that he's obstructed justice in real and significant ways, often right out in the open. There is an absolute 100% case that he obstructed justice, and he's confessed to it personally multiple times.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

If the Adoption meeting in Trump Tower didn't earn a single indictment

Then, yes, the fix is in
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I will stand behind my prediction that there's another shoe somewhere.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I have a feeling the Mueller report will be heavily redacted. Query Does the House, Congress, have authority to release the redacted portions.

If they receive it, undoubtedly, but first, the House and Senate must receive the full report so if your question is will they receive the full report? Here's my guess:

Republicans say no--this ain't no Benghazi or private email server.

Democrats say yes--since
Quote:

The Justice Department’s recent decision to provide Congress with a wide range of documents surrounding the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails will increase pressure on DOJ to be fully transparent about Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation into President Donald Trump and Russian interference in the 2016 election

My question is, do they have the authority to release the redacted portions?

If they don't receive the full report I believe they can subpoena it.

In the past, if it was a national security issue or extremely sensitive material, probably not, but, again, since Nunez and the Republicans released material that fit these categories in their attempt to discredit Muller (talk about embarrassing), they may have opened the door.

I'm wondering how much of Mueller's report to the Intelligence Committee we will get wind of

You know the dems will call him...behind closed doors??

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentquery.aspx?DocumentTypeID=27

House Intelligence Committee to Hold Open Interview and Hearing Next Week As Part of Russia Investigation

https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=619
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
There is an unmistakable tone that is coming through in many of these posts blaming Democrats for not doing something perfectly. Whether it's intended or not, several people are picking up on it. I'm not going to keep playing word games. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I get this all day on MSNBC with all their never trump republicans ...it gets old

Yeah, but no one [i]here did that[/i]. Critiquing something is not in anyway demonstrative of a expectation of perfection.

It's not opinion. No one expressed any desire or need for perfection. That's a fact. So I can see why you would need to make the accusation and run.

still here just not going to do a circle jerk argument about it...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Then, yes, the fix is in

I never thought they could prove trump came down the backstairs...
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Let's not forget individual-1 who could still be prosecuted, though again, I would not trust a jury to reach a guilty verdict if one was warranted.

Here is an actual comment of a (likely) Democrat:

“Trump is clearly guilty of violating campaign finance laws and also guilty of federal conspiracy as well (because he agreed with Cohen, and possibly others, on a plan to violate federal law),” Jens David Ohlin, a law professor at Cornell University, told Vox. “Normally he would be indicted right away. But that won’t happen only because he’s the president. But I suspect he’ll be named as an unindicted co-conspirator and also there’ll be a separate section of the Mueller report titled “Conspiracy to Violate Campaign Finance Laws” or something like that.”

This is the one area where I have heard Democrats professing that there was guilt or likely guilt. Now, what will happen with this, if anything, is hard to tell. I don't believe this would be in the mandate of Muller, though even if so, it could also be a Southern District issue. As such, though some may think that Democrats, or the very least, this professor, should be embarrassed by his comments, at the very least, it is too early to tell.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Then, yes, the fix is in

This appears to most certainly be collusion, but to say it is a crime of criminal conspiracy, which requires a provable quid pro quo, I'm not so certain.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm not interested in a circle jerk either. So since we are in agreement there, and you are "still here", I'm going to assume you are interested in a discussion of substance. If that's the case, please explain where I or anyone else expressed an expectation of perfection.

That's an honest and fair question. Nothing circle jerk about it. So do you have an honest and fair response?

If not, that's fine. But please save the self righteous and hypocritical BS about honest engagement.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Ultimately the report could support the suspicions, but it hasn't delivered the goods in the way that so many . . . professed it would.

. . . in the way that so many hoped it would.

And your point is?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Gut feeling. The report given is surface. More will come to sooth those who wanted more.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'm not interested in a circle jerk either. So since we are in agreement there, and you are "still here", I'm going to assume you are interested in a discussion of substance. If that's the case, please explain where I or anyone else expressed an expectation of perfection.

That's an honest and fair question. Nothing circle jerk about it. So do you have an honest and fair response?

If not, that's fine. But please save the self righteous and hypocritical BS about honest engagement.

I'm sure as hell not going back thru this thread but it was something about the dems making Benghazi mistakes and all journalists getting painted with the same brush because one throws out some ct which is the norm for right wing journalism

Like Cl said it is a tone ...I don't blame her for not wanting to be bothered

...on a side note after 7 years the keyboard is going on my MacBook Air so if there's a w or two (no number 2 either)missing please understand...a real *itch having to use the keyboard viewer to fill in the blanks
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Bernie still drawing big crowds in L.A.
https://m.imgur.com/sT5NB4I
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

Ok DMR, u know almost all of us here (save for few hit n run right winger) have been waiting for the hammer to come down on trump with the mueller report. Hell, I thought it would’ve taken longer/more years. So yes, you might be right that it’s a dud but Omar might be right too that there’s more shoes to drop beside the non-indictment part. Stop kicking dirt on the wound man. I’m getting worried
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Washington collected nearly $900 billion less than it spent in the 2018 calendar year

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/13/us-posts-14-billion-budget-deficit-after-trump-tax-cuts.html
Can A Republican or someone who isn't one of those greedy liberals
Explain what that quoted above means?

Republicans and Trump especially
Are against Big Government
Against Government spending all your money
Point at Democrats as the overspenders

Republicans don't "tax and spend"
They just steal the money
AND FORCE DEMOCRATS TO FIX IT
When they're finally kicked out
CrangesMcBasketball

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Bernie still drawing big crowds in L.A.
https://m.imgur.com/sT5NB4I

Doesn’t surprise me. A lot of people in LA want free stuff
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

after all....this isn't a crisis like tan suits or wearing a helmet ...humiliating
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Washington collected nearly $900 billion less than it spent in the 2018 calendar year

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/13/us-posts-14-billion-budget-deficit-after-trump-tax-cuts.html
Can A Republican or someone who isn't one of those greedy liberals
Explain what that quoted above means?

We all know what it means, Republicans really don't care about deficits, unless a Democrat is in the White House. But this is nothing new, nor is their disdain for America as a whole, especially blue states, posterity, democracy, civility, honesty, integrity, fairness, or the rule of law. It appears all that they care about are Republicans, Plutocrats, and maybe Russia.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Lets play truth or embarrassment.

Quote:
Nadler said, “We know there was collusion.
Truth
Quote:
Why there’s been no indictments, we don’t know.
Correct (truth)
Quote:
Let me say further, we know a number of things. We know that the president pressured the FBI to go easy, to stop investigating Flynn and various other people.
Absolutely (truth)
Quote:
We know that he fired the FBI director as he put it to NBC to take care of the Russian thing in order to stop the investigation of various people associated with him.
Truth
Quote:
We know that he concocted the lie about the purpose of that Russian meeting.
Truth
Quote:
We know that he — that a lot of his top associates have been indicted and convicted, and we know that he has engaged in relentless two-year attacks against the FBI and various law enforcement agencies.”
Truth

Quote:
He continued, “There have been obstructions of justice, whether they are —clearly, whether they are criminal obstruction is another question.
Truth
Quote:
But we have — the special prosecutor is limited in scope. His job was limited in scope and limited to crimes.
Somewhere between truth and embarrassment.
Quote:
What Congress has to do is look at a broader picture. We are in charge —we have the responsibility of protecting the rule of law, of looking at obstructions of justice, abuses of power, at corruption, in order to protect the rule of law so that our democratic institutions are not greatly damaged by this president.”
Among other things (Truth)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

kendis gibson

Verified account

@kendisgibson
2m
2 minutes ago

More
Justice Department officials tell @NBCNews AG Barr will send his summary of the Mueller report to Congress within 30-45 minutes.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

Tick, tock.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1442, 1443, 1444 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1443 of 3673
Jump to: