THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1492, 1493, 1494 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Incorrect stories
According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified."[13] Among the falsehoods published on The Daily Wire include protesters digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL's widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies.[13]

FactCheck.Org found that The Daily Wire was the source of a false story which credited Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. FactCheck.org found that the errors were discovered and published by HUD's independent inspector general before Carson became secretary.[14] The Daily Wire published an update to the story, reflecting similar criticisms from Snopes.

The Daily Wire has published a number of articles doubting that climate change is occurring and that humans contribute to climate change. Climate scientists have described the articles as inaccurate and misleading.[15][16][17]
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

We take this moment to remind our readers that the Russians spent more energy on left leaning voters than right leaning in 2016, and they have shown no sign of wanting to throw them back, which might explain why Trump voters and the far left have similar disdain for Russia investigations. Again, remember who shared a table with Putin and Flynn...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
tox wrote:
paymonM wrote:
tox wrote:
paymonM wrote:

No, they haven't been able to address both. They're losing the PR battle.

The whole democratic party, not just the candidates, needs to stop obsessing with this report. Once they stop, the media will eventually stop as well.

Says who? It's been less than a day, we don't know what the electoral fallout is going to be.

You have a predetermined conclusion and are reasoning to get there. Fact is that the week of [b]both Cohen & Manafort led to Trump's lowest approval rating in 2018.[/b] People do care (though less than you'd hope) about Trump probably being charged for obstruction of justice were it not DOJ policy to not indict the POTUS.

the same polls that had Hillary winning in a landslide ? There is a big disconnect between what the networks and all the pundits cover and what actually matters to the people.

If DT won, it's because there is a large segment of the population that is fed up with the status quo. They don't give a hoot about cohen or manafort.

Lol the polls were accurate, they had Hillary +3 on election day and she won by 3%. Were they off in some key swing states? Yeah, within standard polling miss. There's a reason 538 only gave Hillary a 70% chance of winning (same percentage as LeBron making a free throw). 70% != 100%. But hey, keep flaunting your innumeracy.

spot on. I wasn't aware the popular vote elected the president. Thanks for catching my "innumeracy".

Here is some relevant facts that actually determine a presidency for you to innumerate:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/10660/just-how-wrong-were-pollsters-final-polls-vs-final-james-barrett

"On the morning of the election, Real Clear Politics' average of the national polls showed Clinton with a 3.3% national lead over Trump and a projected Electoral College victory of 272 to 266. Instead, Clinton ended up with only a 0.2% popular vote advantage and suffering a devastating 232 to 306 loss. At no point before the election did the state poll averages show Trump winning the necessary 270 electoral votes."

Though the poll averages showed Clinton winning Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, Trump ended up winning all three, outperforming projections by 3 points, 4.4 points, and a stunning 7.5 points, respectively. Here is how the electoral map actually shaped up: Trump over Clinton, 306 to 232 (Michigan going to Trump and NH to Clinton):

I've said this before, but the major eyebrow-raiser was Trump winning Wisconsin. His own campaign canceled late events there because they thought it wasn't in play. His win there was way outside margins of error in the polling. With reports that Russia targeted the election systems of every single U.S. state, you just have to wonder what happened there.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
We take this moment to remind our readers that the Russians spent more energy on left leaning voters than right leaning in 2016, and they have shown no sign of wanting to throw them back, which might explain why Trump voters and the far left have similar disdain for Russia investigations. Again, remember who shared a table with Putin and Flynn...

Quote:
David Corn Verified account @DavidCornDC

Mueller report, page 23: Internal IRA memos show that by early 2016 the goal of Russia's secret social media operation was to support Trump *and* Sanders: "Main idea: Use any opportunity to criticize Hillary and the rest (except Sanders and Trump - we support them)."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
spot on. I wasn't aware the popular vote elected the president. Thanks for catching my "innumeracy".

Here is some relevant facts that actually determine a presidency for you to innumerate:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/10660/just-how-wrong-were-pollsters-final-polls-vs-final-james-barrett

"On the morning of the election, Real Clear Politics' average of the national polls showed Clinton with a 3.3% national lead over Trump and a projected Electoral College victory of 272 to 266. Instead, Clinton ended up with only a 0.2% popular vote advantage and suffering a devastating 232 to 306 loss. At no point before the election did the state poll averages show Trump winning the necessary 270 electoral votes."

Though the poll averages showed Clinton winning Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, Trump ended up winning all three, outperforming projections by 3 points, 4.4 points, and a stunning 7.5 points, respectively. Here is how the electoral map actually shaped up: Trump over Clinton, 306 to 232 (Michigan going to Trump and NH to Clinton):

Have you genuinely forgot about the midterms that took place less than 6 months ago?
Or are you ignoring the midterms just for the sake of your argument?

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
paymonM wrote:

Have you genuinely forgot about the midterms that took place less than 6 months ago?
Or are you ignoring the midterms just for the sake of your argument?

If I recall correctly, he's a Bernie supporter. Bernie predicted the mid-terms would be a disaster for Democrats and he laughed at the notion that there might be a blue wave. Russia tried to help Bernie in 2016 in order to hurt Hillary and help Trump. Russia especially targeted Penn, MI and Wisconsin with anti-Hillary propaganda. Draw your own conclusions.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
If I recall correctly, he's a Bernie supporter. Bernie predicted the mid-terms would be a disaster for Democrats and he laughed at the notion that there might be a blue wave. Russia tried to help Bernie in 2016 in order to hurt Hillary and help Trump. Russia especially targeted Penn, MI and Wisconsin with anti-Hillary propaganda. Draw your own conclusions.

Oh. That makes sense. That's why he mentioned Bernie's town hall on Fox News. I'm sure Bernie will sway alot of votes by going on there.
Trump's approval rating among Republicans was 89% when he went into office.
Guess what it is today? 89%.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

But I'm sure Bernie going on Fox News will change all that. Dear God, I just eyerolled so hard. I think I hurt myself.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
tox wrote:
paymonM wrote:
tox wrote:
paymonM wrote:

No, they haven't been able to address both. They're losing the PR battle.

The whole democratic party, not just the candidates, needs to stop obsessing with this report. Once they stop, the media will eventually stop as well.

Says who? It's been less than a day, we don't know what the electoral fallout is going to be.

You have a predetermined conclusion and are reasoning to get there. Fact is that the week of [b]both Cohen & Manafort led to Trump's lowest approval rating in 2018.[/b] People do care (though less than you'd hope) about Trump probably being charged for obstruction of justice were it not DOJ policy to not indict the POTUS.

the same polls that had Hillary winning in a landslide ? There is a big disconnect between what the networks and all the pundits cover and what actually matters to the people.

If DT won, it's because there is a large segment of the population that is fed up with the status quo. They don't give a hoot about cohen or manafort.

Lol the polls were accurate, they had Hillary +3 on election day and she won by 3%. Were they off in some key swing states? Yeah, within standard polling miss. There's a reason 538 only gave Hillary a 70% chance of winning (same percentage as LeBron making a free throw). 70% != 100%. But hey, keep flaunting your innumeracy.

Let's get this right. Hillary won by 2.1%. That is 1.2 points lower than RCP projected. The margin of error for most polls are approximately +/- 3 points.

I would not call that RCP projection, a prediction of a landslide. Of course, Comey came and mucked it up late and though we will never know to what extent, 538's analysis, based on polling trajectories, says it likely gave the election to Trump.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5cb950b0e4b032e7ceb6cd42/amp

Shouldn't Huckabee Sanders lies be a form of obstruction of justice

Quote:

After Trump fired Comey, Sanders told reporters that rank-and-file FBI agents had lost confidence in the director. She also claimed to have heard from “countless” members of the agency who were “grateful and thankful” to Trump for firing the director. However, she later told Mueller’s investigation that neither statement was true:

She lies to protect a Traitor. And even told Mueller she lies to protect Trump

Why do Americans and Religious people accept support and strengthen her and Trump

We should appeal to the religious this Passover to grab a coworker or fellow congregation member by the (bleep) and
Remind them to lie to God in their prayers this Easter while supporting Trump
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5cb950b0e4b032e7ceb6cd42/amp

Shouldn't Huckabee Sanders lies be a form of obstruction of justice

Quote:

After Trump fired Comey, Sanders told reporters that rank-and-file FBI agents had lost confidence in the director. She also claimed to have heard from “countless” members of the agency who were “grateful and thankful” to Trump for firing the director. However, she later told Mueller’s investigation that neither statement was true:

She lies to protect a Traitor. And even told Mueller she lies to protect Trump

Why do Americans and Religious people accept support and strengthen her and Trump

We should appeal to the religious this Passover to grab a coworker or fellow congregation member by the (bleep) and
Remind them to lie to God in their prayers this Easter while supporting Trump

Her, "not founded on anything," and Conway's, "alternative facts" define the Trump presidency. It's tragic that 30-40% of America don't care.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Rachel addressed this, brilliantly as is typical, by reminding us that the Russians initially sought to disrupt the narratives on both sides and to create conflict in our country. But when they found their Trump, their strategy changed.

Trump, with a little help, could do more--to create the chaos and division that Russia wanted--than they could have ever have imagined in their wildest dreams. Heck, they almost got the whipped cream, the cherry, and nuts on top, regarding NATO, Ukraine, and the sanctions.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Rachel addressed this, brilliantly as is typical, by reminding us that the Russians initially sought to disrupt the narratives on both sides and to create conflict in our country. But when they found their Trump, their strategy changed.

Trump, with a little help, could do more--to create the chaos and division that Russia wanted--than they could have ever have imagined in their wildest dreams. Heck, they almost got the whipped cream, the cherry, and nuts on top, regarding NATO, Ukraine, and the sanctions.

no surprise to them if they watched Celebrity Apprentice ...Robin the Hood with Lil Jon and Friar Busey no chaos there
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

Its incredible today that a Bernie supporter resembles a trump supporter more than a democratic one.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Since I've been alive I've called Bill Bush Obama and Trump winning it all. This election I'm calling it now, Joe Biden takes 2020... See if I can continue my streak (it is a little early but whatever).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Best. Meme. Of. The. Week.

Link

Slightly NSFW.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Since I've been alive I've called Bill Bush Obama and Trump winning it all. This election I'm calling it now, Joe Biden takes 2020... See if I can continue my streak (it is a little early but whatever).

In the spirit of unity, if whoever I pick as my favorite candidate had a 50/50 chance of beating Trump, but I knew Biden had a 100% chance of beating Trump, I'd vote for Biden.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

In the spirit of unity, if whoever I pick as my favorite candidate had a 50/50 chance of beating Trump, but I knew Biden had a 100% chance of beating Trump, I'd vote for Biden.

Oh, even "never Trump" republicant's Want Biden to be the nominee- guaranteed victory.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Oh, even "never Trump" republicant's Want Biden to be the nominee- guaranteed victory.

See, I actually DON'T want Biden to be the nominee. I'm on record saying I don't want any more 70+-year old white men (that includes Bernie). Which is why me saying what I said actually meant something.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

I've noticed lately that a lot of trump supporters are loud mouth bores just like him...not much to say but they make sure that person in the back of the room is assaulted by their voices NO COLLUSION*

They don't seem to read and they ignore facts...one guy said he heard the Mueller report on the radio yesterday and it clears trump...? right after that UFO sighting? WTFudge

* not to mention that Mueller said there is no charge of collusion but there might be a conspiracy charge
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

trump shuts down another consumer protection agency...but but but I like the other things he's doing

Mick Mulvaney’s Master Class in Destroying a Bureaucracy From Within
The C.F.P.B. was created to protect Americans from predatory lenders after the financial crisis. President Trump’s new chief of staff took it apart on his way to White House.

Quote:
Three months earlier, President Trump installed Mulvaney, a former congressman from South Carolina, as the C.F.P.B.’s acting director. Elizabeth Warren, who helped create the agency in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, envisioned it as a kind of economic equalizer for American consumers, a counter to the country’s rising structural inequality. Republicans had come to view her creation as a “rogue agency” with “dictatorial powers unique in the American republic,” as the party’s 2016 platform put it. In Congress, Mulvaney had established himself as an outspoken enemy of the bureau, describing it, memorably, as a “joke” in “a sick, sad kind of way” and sponsoring legislation to abolish it.

Mulvaney ordered a hiring freeze, put new enforcement cases on hold and sent the Federal Reserve, which funds the C.F.P.B., a budget request for zero dollars, saying the bureau could make do with the money it had on hand. Within weeks, Mulvaney announced that he would reconsider one of the bureau’s major long-term initiatives: rules to restrict payday loans, products that are marketed to the working poor as an emergency lifeline but frequently leave them buried in debt. “Anybody who thinks that a Trump-administration C.F.P.B. would be the same as an Obama-administration C.F.P.B. is simply being naïve,Mulvaney told reporters. “Elections have consequences at every agency.”

thanks to all that voted for trump
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Link

Slightly NSFW.

That caused a chuckle. I'm not listening to as much Trumpism as I have in the past. What happening to our country is very disturbing and I feel helpless. My only tool is the ballot box. Until 2020 I can only pray we don't go over the cliff.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Link

Slightly NSFW.

That caused a chuckle. I'm not listening to as much Trumpism as I have in the past. What happening to our country is very disturbing and I feel helpless. My only tool is the ballot box. Until 2020 I can only pray we don't go over the cliff.

How about a button or T-shirt that says, No, we're f**ked!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Elizabeth Warren calls for Trump's impeachment.

Quote:
Elizabeth WarrenVerified account @ewarren

The Mueller report lays out facts showing that a hostile foreign government attacked our 2016 election to help Donald Trump and Donald Trump welcomed that help. Once elected, Donald Trump obstructed the investigation into that attack.

Mueller put the next step in the hands of Congress: “Congress has authority to prohibit a President’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.” The correct process for exercising that authority is impeachment.

To ignore a President’s repeated efforts to obstruct an investigation into his own disloyal behavior would inflict great and lasting damage on this country, and it would suggest that both the current and future Presidents would be free to abuse their power in similar ways.

The severity of this misconduct demands that elected officials in both parties set aside political considerations and do their constitutional duty. That means the House should initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Elizabeth Warren is the real deal. She's not as slick as career politicians, but shouldn't that be a good thing? She's not afraid to be bold and take specific policy positions without waiting to see how the ideas "poll" first. She's not taking any corporate money. Her policies are progressive but grounded in pragmatism.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but she shot way up my leader board for this.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Elizabeth Warren is the real deal. She's not as slick as career politicians, but shouldn't that be a good thing? She's not afraid to be bold and take specific policy positions without waiting to see how the ideas "poll" first. She's not taking any corporate money. Her policies are progressive but grounded in pragmatism.

I haven't made up my mind yet, but she shot way up my leader board for this.

Most potential 2020 nominees are too timid to call for impeaching him. It's a bold move which is probably the right thing for her campaign at this point given that Mayor Pete is about to pass her.

This is one of those moments...like voting against the Iraq war, that will likely be appreciated by voters in the future. "I said publicly we needed to impeach him when everyone else was afraid to say it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1492, 1493, 1494 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 1493 of 3671
Jump to: