THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1546, 1547, 1548 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

So the courts ruled that Trump's accounting firm had to turn over his financial info immediately.

Of course, they're going to appeal that ruling today.

The appeals court they are filing in is presided over by an old friend, Merrick Garland.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Craig Melvin on MSNBC just asked Adam Silver why doesn't punish his players for speaking their minds....what the fudge???
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
That's all well and good. But if he wants to be the nominee of the Democratic Party, he needs to figure out how to raise his support among African Americans to a number greater than zero. And they aren't watching Fox.

They will come around.
Trump's only message to African Americans was what? "What have you got to lose?" Mayor Pete will touch their heart and soul. If they are stuck thinking all gays are chomos then I don't care about their vote
Now Uncle Ben is getting ready to sell public housing to private developers

I read quite a bit about the firing of the Black police sergeant

After reading it I didn't detect any racism
People struggle to understand people of high integrity and their methods

He fought to protect the "Law" that iirc the Sergeant and the dispatcher were violating
By illegally taping phone calls of officers
Pete only fought to keep the contents sealed because it was the law
EVERYONE involved was punished and some were compensated

This occurred before he was Mayor. He just had to deal with all the fights and rights after he was elected
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Jack with an oxygen powered box Chevy, 1978. Jack has always been a forward thinker.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
So the courts ruled that Trump's accounting firm had to turn over his financial info immediately.

The appeals court they are filing in is presided over by an old friend, Merrick Garland.

They might need a whole warehouse of Vaseline ordered before the Appeal is filed
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

the irony of ironies...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
The good news about Biden being the front runner right now if you don't want him to be the nominee:

Who was the front runner at this stage in 2003?

Joe Lieberman.

Pete/Warren 2020
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard invokes Trump's 'fake news' rhetoric to push back on report of Russia-linked support

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/20/politics/tulsi-gabbard-fake-news-russia/index.html

I present to you, every Republicans favorite Democrat.

I've read rumor she's a paid Russian shill herself. But almost all of them are paid shells filled with Rich people's cash to support their version of reality. Their Affluenza having selves

Her struggle to explain why it's fake news is a problem, but she absolutely was a victim of fake news in this case. The background on this story goes back to February when NBC News ran a story citing a research company called "New Knowledge". From NBC:

“analysts at New Knowledge, the company the Senate Intelligence Committee used to track Russian activities in the 2016 election, told NBC News they’ve spotted ‘chatter’ related to Gabbard in anonymous online message boards, including those known for fomenting right-wing troll campaigns.”

I'm quoting from an article I'll link to below: "What NBC — amazingly — concealed is a fact that reveals its article to be a journalistic fraud: That same firm, New Knowledge, was caught just six weeks before engaging in a massive scam to create fictitious Russian troll accounts on Facebook and Twitter in order to claim that the Kremlin was working to defeat Democratic Senate nominee Doug Jones in Alabama.

The New York Times, when exposing the scam, quoted a New Knowledge report that boasted of its fabrications: “We orchestrated an elaborate ‘false flag’ operation that planted the idea that the [Roy] Moore campaign was amplified on social media by a Russian botnet.'”

New Knowledge is the source of this smear against Gabbard and NBC News was a willing accomplice. This truly is fake news. Not everything that comes out of Trump's mouth is wrong. We do have problems with our corporate owned/controlled media when it comes to covering candidates who are considered outside of the establishment.

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/03/nbc-news-to-claim-russia-supports-tulsi-gabbard-relies-on-firm-just-caught-fabricating-russia-data-for-the-democratic-party/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

^^ Thank you for the detailed reply

I am so baffled by our media. They do create false stories. I try not to create dots to connect but why does our own media lie to us and troll us?

They are part responsible for Trump's power.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
^^ Thank you for the detailed reply

I am so baffled by our media. They do create false stories. I try not to create dots to connect but why does our own media lie to us and troll us?

They are part responsible for Trump's power.

Because they aren’t reporting news.

They are promulgating narratives. Which is fine but where should people get their news from?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

Gabbard declines to say whether Assad is a war criminal (2019)

Tulsi Gabbard reveals she met Assad in Syria, without informing top Democrats (2017)

Russia's propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard. Experts who track websites and social media linked to Russia have seen stirrings of a possible campaign of support for Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard. (2019)
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

I think I've seen at least a dozen new calls to open an impeachment query from various sitting members of the House today -- including a few in senior positions on some of the committees. McGahn defying Congressional subpoena by not showing up at hearing today got people's attention.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Tulsi Gabbard reveals she met Assad in Syria, without informing top Democrats (2017)

Russia's propaganda machine discovers 2020 Democratic candidate Tulsi Gabbard. Experts who track websites and social media linked to Russia have seen stirrings of a possible campaign of support for Hawaii Democrat Tulsi Gabbard. (2019)

looking up this smear campaign I see she is a perpetual victim....her defense might be the definition of a Russian bot attack
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Wilt wrote:
That's all well and good. But his main objective is to raise his support among African Americans to a number greater than zero.

Or to reach anyone that's reachable, regardless of if he's in a position to win or lose since in the end, that's best for America. And he's never going to reach anyone, African Americans included, if he doen't at least TRY to reach out. He seemed to have some effect on that audience, If even only a few Fox viewers witnessed it and thought to themselves "Maybe I'm not as alone in my quiet outrage of what's been done to my party" and decides to walk into a voting booth and vote their conscience, then Mission accomplished. But with nobody on the Dem side even trying, well those who can actually be reached will just still wallow in the darkness without hope and no feeling of belonging. When heard directly from his mouth, as opposed through the megaphone of Fox right wing propaganda, it makes a difference for those souls who can actually be reached. A good message is still a good message and it resonates, even to SOME of the perceived opposition. But according to some, it's not even worth the effort to try...

I'm not sure if many people realize that there were lots of Bernie and Butigeig supporters at their respective town halls on Fox.
Just because an event is hosted by fox, doesn't mean they check your "republican credentials" at the door before you enter the town hall...
It's pretty obvious Sanders team and Butigeig's team invited supporters to come to said town halls if in the area via social media.

Kind of like a band from L.A. that is playing in Indianapolis for the night:
"HEY GUYS, STEEL PANTHER WILL BE PLAYING AT THE VAULT IN INDY, SATURDAY NIGHT!!! COME JOIN US FOR THE ROCK AND ROLL AND STUFF"

I watched both town halls and it was pretty darn obvious- Neither candidate was "going into the lions den" in terms of facing a hostile audience just because it happened to be on fox- the risk isn't with the audience, but with the talking heads AFTER, that now have video rights on your town hall, to play over and over and reframe with lies by the likes Pirro, Carlson, and Hannity...
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

We’ve Hit a New Low in Campaign Hit Pieces - Recent efforts to sandbag Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard are crude repeats of behaviors that helped elect Trump in 2016
This article cites to your third cited article, and a NYTimes article that the author claims debunks it. I actually didn't read that one tbh. What are your thoughts about this? I like what I've heard her say about her views on avoiding war entanglements, and it seems like her primary reason for running. Every time I hear her (not more than four times I admit), she seems thoughtful, intelligent, and poised. I think her intelligence jumps out pretty clearly.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

Out of all the names I recognize, I like Gabbard the least.
And it's obvious why Republicans like her. She opposes impeachment saying Mueller found "no collusion took place".
Not to mention, in the past she opposed abortion and LGBTQ rights and bragged about working for a gay conversion therapy organization.

She's a war veteran so that makes her a hero in my book. Plain and simple. But I think there are other candidates in the field that have shown better judgement in the past.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
And it's obvious why Republicans like her. She opposes impeachment saying Mueller found "no collusion took place".
Not to mention, in the past she opposed abortion and LGBTQ rights and bragged about working for a gay conversion therapy organization.

She's a war veteran so that makes her a hero in my book. Plain and simple. But I think there are other candidates in the field that have shown better judgement in the past.

I don't give anyone hero status just for joining the army especially during unnecessary wars
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

America shows a sick reverence for military personnel. I get the sacrifice but its not some foolproof badge of honor.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

So for the other candidates in the field with better judgment - you see them as more than a hero? Which?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
So for the other candidates in the field with better judgment - you see them as more than a hero? Which?

Her hero status in my book is why I will never question her character. But I don't consider war experience a prerequisite for President.

Her past shows she has a knack for breaking from the party and being behind issues. And I think the Democratic party is focused on unity and trending more progressive (being ahead of the issues). She's a bad fit.
So that puts her at the bottom. The group of Dem candidates on the bottom of my list are the ones that can't answer "why should you specifically be President?". Alot of candidates haven't shown why they are uniquely qualified to lead our country now.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

House panel issues subpoenas for Hope Hicks, Annie Donaldson

Quote:
CNN)The House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday issued subpoenas to former White House officials Hope Hicks and Annie Donaldson for documents and testimony, setting the stage for another clash with the White House over former officials appearing before Congress.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard invokes Trump's 'fake news' rhetoric to push back on report of Russia-linked support

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/20/politics/tulsi-gabbard-fake-news-russia/index.html

I present to you, every Republicans favorite Democrat.
My lefty Bernie/Jill Stein friends who assured me the Russian thing was corporate media nonsense all love them some Gabbard.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

We’ve Hit a New Low in Campaign Hit Pieces - Recent efforts to sandbag Bernie Sanders and Tulsi Gabbard are crude repeats of behaviors that helped elect Trump in 2016
This article cites to your third cited article, and a NYTimes article that the author claims debunks it. I actually didn't read that one tbh. What are your thoughts about this? I like what I've heard her say about her views on avoiding war entanglements, and it seems like her primary reason for running. Every time I hear her (not more than four times I admit), she seems thoughtful, intelligent, and poised. I think her intelligence jumps out pretty clearly.

No enemy of America wants Americans to have an
Intelligent
Poised
Thoughtful
Leader.

Edit.. Plus I will be there is something in the mind of Male Tyrants who are Afraid of Alpha Females... Ones who will not back down from them.. ie Hillary Putin..
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:

Her hero status in my book is why I will never question her character. But I don't consider war experience a prerequisite for President.

Her past shows she has a knack for breaking from the party and being behind issues. And I think the Democratic party is focused on unity and trending more progressive (being ahead of the issues). She's a bad fit.
So that puts her at the bottom. The group of Dem candidates on the bottom of my list are the ones that can't answer "why should you specifically be President?". Alot of candidates haven't shown why they are uniquely qualified to lead our country now.

I am respectful of military service, especially in war time. But it doesn't impute good character. Lots of unsavory people join the military, just as they do other walks of life. And some people join for the job and the benefits, and get thrust into war. It's not really a true revelation of character either way really, beyond some contexts.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

If anyone else bothers to hear her explain Syria and her meeting with Assad, her perspective on war crimes, along with her general stance on our never ending regime change wars, she is very reasonable. Again, these articles are meant to smear her.

I think her challenge is that she hasn't yet figured out an effective way to neutralize these smears for the broader public, and as a possible nominee for President, you have to figure that out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1546, 1547, 1548 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1547 of 3673
Jump to: