THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1551, 1552, 1553 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

Just so proud of all the Democrats...I couldn't agree more

Elizabeth Warren

@ewarren

The Big Five defense contractors have too much power over the Pentagon. That’s why we need to pass basic ethics rules for the Department of Defense. Let’s make sure that all our national security decisions are driven not by special interests, but by what keeps Americans safe.

VIDEO:
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1131964427572531200

meanwhile earlier in the month the little rats work for corporate America....
183 Republicans vote against bill to protect people with pre-existing conditions
Trump has vowed to veto the bill.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

so trump wants to jail all never trumpers in the FBI CIA DOJ etc etc etc

Trump lists people he believes committed treason

will the alphabet soup agency ever protect a republican again? probably
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
In light of above, if Biden wins the nomination, then I would think Kamala Harris would have to be the VP pick -- if she's interested.

(But I personally would still love a Harris/Warren or Warren/Harris ticket.)

I've heard a lot of talk that Biden has already pegged Stacey Abrams to be his running mate, if he should win the nomination.

Harris, as mentioned would be a great AG. I'd also like to see someone like Yang get Secretary of Commerce

Abrams would be a far better pick than would Harris if their cheeky intent is to have a "Black Woman" on the ticket. But Elizabeth Warren is the best available running mate imo. I think if you polled all 264 candidates running who'd be their #1 choice for AG, 95% would respond with Kamala Harris.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Huskers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
In light of above, if Biden wins the nomination, then I would think Kamala Harris would have to be the VP pick -- if she's interested.

I've heard a lot of talk that Biden has already pegged Stacey Abrams to be his running mate, if he should win the nomination.

Harris, as mentioned would be a great AG. I'd also like to see someone like Yang get Secretary of Commerce

Abrams would be a far better pick than would Harris if their cheeky intent is to have a "Black Woman" on the ticket. But Elizabeth Warren is the best available running mate imo. I think if you polled all 264 candidates running who'd be their #1 choice for AG, 95% would respond with Kamala Harris.

how many cabinet posts can we assign to Katie Porter?
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Huskers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'd like to see Angela Ortiz Castro for the AG -- because, of course, she is competent, but for an even better reason: to remind the GOP creeps that payback is a motha. In this vein and since we're picking cabinet members, how about Ilhan Omar for Ambassador to the UN? Maxine Waters as Press Secretary? Hillary Clinton for the head of the FBI? Liz for the head of the EPA?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Huskers wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I'd like to see Angela Ortiz Castro for the AG -- because, of course, she is competent, but for an even better reason: to remind the GOP creeps that payback is a motha. In this vein and since we're picking cabinet members, how about Ilhan Omar for Ambassador to the UN? Maxine Waters as Press Secretary? Hillary Clinton for the head of the FBI? Liz for the head of the EPA?

I want Stephen Colbert for Press Secretary and Colin Kaepernick to head the FBI.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

What a wonderful day for democracy.

Trump invokes emergency powers in order to sell arms to the Saudis.

Trump grants Barr the power to declassify info in the investigation into the oranges of the Mueller investigation.

A single republican rep torpedoes a $19 billion disaster aid package already approved by the Senate and Trump.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and the Supreme court blocked the gerrymandering rulings in Michigan and Ohio.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

^^ ordinary Friday in the trump administration...he can't win this election legitimately so he will try to steal it
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Oh, and the Supreme court blocked the gerrymandering rulings in Michigan and Ohio.

Don't forget Trump is sending more troops back into the Middle East.

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has said he will send about 1,500 additional troops to the Middle East amid heightened tensions with rival Iran.

Here We Go Again

I guess this time instead of yellow cake it'll be "We saw them sail a PT Boat away from the dock"...
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
What a wonderful day for democracy.

Trump invokes emergency powers in order to sell arms to the Saudis.

Trump grants Barr the power to declassify info in the investigation into the oranges of the Mueller investigation.

A single republican rep torpedoes a $19 billion disaster aid package already approved by the Senate and Trump.

Trump (along with most Republicans) is just blatantly throwing fascism and totalitarianism in our face. I could see that if he grew a toothbrush mustache, his base would love it (while saluting him appropriately), and fellow Republican leaders would talk of the fine economy of Hitler Germany and how many jobs he created.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm thinking Mar a Lago is the weak link...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Wow.. what a (bleep) hole country..

How can these even be a legal court necessary question
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/24/supreme-court-blocks-gerrymandering-michigan-ohio-1344369
Quote:
The Supreme Court on Friday set aside two lower court rulings tossing out congressional maps in Michigan and Ohio, putting the process of redrawing district lines on hold while it prepares to rule on whether or not partisan gerrymandering is constitutional.

Republican voters are a disease on the whole of the world
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget on Memorial Day he will Pardon Disgusting War Criminals

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Putin taught him that.. Will make loyal Militant Civilian soldiers that are on your side..

And the turd in Texas knows 110% that the emergency funding for disaster relief was way overdue... had been with held while people died
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

So looks like trump’s plan B (or maybe plan A) for 2020 might includes war with Iran. A war discussion can drown out a lot of other topics
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Chairman Jerry Nadler Almost Passes Out Poor Fella
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

news roundup for today...day 855 (multiple links to every story every day)

What The F**k Just Happened Today?
Today's essential guide to the daily shock and awe in national politics. Read in moderation.

Quote:
Day 855: Full and complete authority.
05/24/2019 Updated: 05/24/2019 02:41:42 PM PDT
1/ Trump gave Attorney General William Barr "full and complete authority" to unilaterally declassify government secrets and ordered U.S. intelligence agencies to cooperate with Barr's audit of the Russia investigation. Trump wants Barr to investigate the origins of the Russia investigation and the tactics used by investigators. Trump issued the order just hours after accusing the people who led the investigation of committing treason. Barr has personally met with the heads of U.S. intelligence agencies to discuss his review of the probe. Barr has also said that he believes the Trump campaign was "spied" on. (New York Times / Washington Post / NBC News / CNN)

2/ The Trump administration is preparing to bypass Congress to sell billions of dollars worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The munitions sales are currently on hold by Congress, but Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and other political appointees in the White House are urging Trump to invoke an emergency provision that would allow him to prevent Congress from blocking the $7 billion sale of precision-guided missiles and combat aircraft to the Saudis and Emiratis. (New York Times / Washington Post / The Independent)

3/ Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a specific construction firm in North Dakota run by a GOP donor and frequent Fox News guest. Trump has pushed for Fisher Industries to receive the multi-billion-dollar border wall contract on phone calls, at White House meetings, and during conversations on Air Force One, which has alarmed military commanders and DHS officials. The company's CEO, Tommy Fisher, is a frequent guest on conservative talk shows and radio stations, and has courted Washington officials directly by arranging meetings at congressional offices and inviting officials to review border wall prototypes. (Washington Post)

4/ The Trump administration formally proposed revisions to Obama-era healthcare and civil rights protections for transgender people. The proposal would eliminate "gender identity" as one of the protected categories in healthcare decisions and push government policy toward only recognizing characteristics of sex at birth as the basis. The 2016 rule prevented discrimination in healthcare decisions on the basis of gender identity in "any health program or activity" that receives federal funding. (New York Times)

5/ The bipartisan $19.1 billion disaster relief package is being held up by one House Republican who voted to block the legislation. Rep. Chip Roy of Texas said he was objecting to the bill, which has Trump's support, because it would add to the national debt and because it leaves out an additional $4.4 billion for federal operations along the southern border. (Washington Post)

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

working so hard for Americans Thank you Sir
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So looks like trump’s plan B (or maybe plan A) for 2020 might includes war with Iran. A war discussion can drown out a lot of other topics

Except nobody is for war anymore and this has the lead up to Iraq written all over it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject:

Has Andrew Yang ever talked about how he plans to address rent price increases from a UBI? I think between rent increases eating somewhat into the freedom dividend, using a (regressive) VAT to fund his UBI, and not having UBI stack on top of welfare, his policies will end up not being very progressive after all. Although I think for VAT if he makes an exemption for essentials it might be a slightly smaller issue. Still, I'm souring on the UBI idea a bit now.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
governator wrote:

Except nobody is for war anymore and this has the lead up to Iraq written all over it.

yeah, I was talking about war as a political tool too
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

Seems like the whole Iran war hysteria might only have been a front
So he could use his emergency executive powers to force through
The 8 billion dollar Weapons sale to SAUDI ARABIA
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Has Andrew Yang ever talked about how he plans to address rent price increases from a UBI? I think between rent increases eating somewhat into the freedom dividend, using a (regressive) VAT to fund his UBI, and not having UBI stack on top of welfare, his policies will end up not being very progressive after all. Although I think for VAT if he makes an exemption for essentials it might be a slightly smaller issue. Still, I'm souring on the UBI idea a bit now.

He has talked about making exemptions for essentials in order to eliminate the price increase you talked about with VAT. I can't link it, as I saw it mentioned twice in YouTube videos.

But he would do things like place VAT on technology, but not on foods or whatever. His point was, you don't have to go all or nothing with VAT, you can cherry pick industries, etc. (I don't recall if he referenced rent prices specifically).
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

working so hard for Americans Thank you Sir

Or, according to many comments under the video, he's worried the big Deep State conspiracy is about to be exposed.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Seems like the whole Iran war hysteria might only have been a front
So he could use his emergency executive powers to force through
The 8 billion dollar Weapons sale to SAUDI ARABIA

Jared's secret project...from two months ago

Nuclear Technology
TRUMP ADMIN WEIRDLY EAGER TO HAND THE SAUDIS NUCLEAR SECRETS
Lawmakers want to prevent Saudi Arabia from getting a nuclear weapon. The administration isn’t worried!
MARCH 28, 2019 1:34 PM

Quote:
Something you may have picked up on over the past 30 months is that the Trump administration considers Saudi Arabia to be a close personal friend, the kind for whom it would do just about anything. Thus far, that has included arming the erratic, murderous kingdom with billions of dollars' worth of missiles and letting it get away with murdering a U.S. resident, while one-time allies like France, Germany, the U.K., and Canada are told to rot in hell. And now, the U.S. is taking things to the next level. According to the Daily Beast, the Trump administration has given six U.S. companies the green light to sell nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia, a relationship milestone every authoritarian nation dreams of. Per the Beast:

Federal law stipulates that companies obtain clearance from the U.S. government for exporting nuclear technology to or engaging in the production or development of special nuclear material in Saudi Arabia

Earlier this month, First Son-in-Law Jared Kushner had an intimate reunion with his buddy Mohammed bin Salman that U.S. Embassy staffers were reportedly barred from attending, “raising concern by Democratic lawmakers that Kushner and M.B.S. had discussed a nuclear deal with minimal oversight.” (The meeting, it should be noted, came just a week after reports that Kushner only received top-secret security clearance because Donald Trump demanded it, overriding the concerns of the F.B.I., which expressed question about whether Kushner’s business entanglements and utter lack of experience made him a ripe target for manipulation.)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1551, 1552, 1553 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 1552 of 3673
Jump to: